State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-15-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the one part in this that makes it a little confusing. He murdered this lady and her unborn child with rage and fury, but yet he had a conscience to not only harm his daughter, but get MF over there to take care of her.

Or, he knew that he was in the dog house and was trying to make amends.

That's the one part in this that makes it a little confusing. He murdered this lady and her unborn child with rage and fury, but yet he had a conscience to not only harm his daughter, but get MF over there to take care of her.

I think it was extra cruel twist to get her sister to find the battered body. :maddening:

He might have actually thought the child would still be asleep from the medicine she was given so wasn't worried too much about her getting hurt or roaming around the rooms... or helping mommy.

I have a question, if anybody knows the answer... The newspaper carrier testified she saw a light colored suv at the house at 3:30a. Does anyone know if the suv she saw was parked in the same spot that they took tire track moldings from? I'm trying to figure out if these tire tracks are useful to the pros.

No, a different place.

Not understanding testimony and getting the facts of the case wrong or twisting it =/= reasonable doubt. That is an issue with the person who is having problems comprehending what has been shown, not a problem of the state's case.

You are right.... mostly. I think the state needs to make a simple, succinct presentation though. Jurors aren't any brighter than any of us here.

KISS :rocker:

Has anyone considered that he may have hired someone to do this?

It's a problem for the state if one of those people is a juror.

Yes, it is.

I don't even understand why Jen Remy was called.....:confused:

She found nothing to connect Jason to the home, to the hotel, no hairs, no fibers, no traces.

I have picked out myself multiple purses for my girl and generally speaking, she loves ANYTHING from Coach. I would have no qualms about buying one for her site unseen. Even if it was "fake" she would likely never now, unless it was one of the fakes with a G instead of a C or something.

It does "seem" like a story to get MF over to his house, but it is not completely ridiculous and I could see myself asking a friend or relative to do the same thing if I was trying to surprise her and screwed up and left something like that on the printer.

I'm getting confused with all these details, but...

IF HE WAS SO FREAKED OUT ABOUT HAVING Meredith RETRIEVE THE PRINT OUTS that he made a ton of calls about it (even having his mom call MF), then WHY THE HECK DIDN'T HE TAKE MF'S CALL WHEN SHE TRIED TO REACH HIM in the afternoon? Did he all of a sudden not care about the coach purse printouts which he was so panicked over a few hours earlier? Why didn't he keep trying to call her to see if she was successful?

Shaking my head over the ridiculousness of the 'coach purse printout retrieval' excuse...

I thought they said those lava rocks wouldnt hold the door?

Not so --

Investigator Galloway testified and showed by picture of door where he had tested it. The lava rock easily propped the door open just a little -- not obvious. The rock was wedged against the bottom door frame and prevented the door from closing all the way so that it would not make contact with the cylinder for the locking mechanism to engage. In the pic, you could just barely see a little gap...

There was no doubt -- it successfully held the door unlocked, thus doing what the person who placed it desired it to do.

Absolutely. If they have jurors who have some combo of ADD, low IQ, are devoid of common sense, can't remember anything, don't listen well, don't take notes, or are easily confused, then the state is in dire trouble.

I believe you just described half of the population of the United States Of America. :rocker:

Probably would still have his striped black top, his old shoes, and would not have needed to prop open the door with a twig to smoke a cigar that night.
Probably would have been able to use his key to his room more too :innocent: .

Not so --

Investigator Galloway testified and showed by picture of door where he had tested it. The lava rock easily propped the door open just a little -- not obvious. The rock was wedged against the bottom door frame and prevented the door from closing all the way so that it would not make contact with the cylinder for the locking mechanism to engage. In the pic, you could just barely see a little gap...

There was no doubt -- it successfully held the door unlocked, thus doing what the person who placed it desired it to do.

Galloway also testified that a twig placed in the lock would hold, and that a bush was in reach of the door..........!!

If he murdered his wife and unborn child, why would he care about his other child? After all, isn't the presumed motive that he wanted to be free. No wife and kids?

Here is one thing we know for certain. The murderer of Michelle Young chose to leave Cassidy Young as a possible witness. He spent some amount of time with her during the commission of the crime. He drugged her with adult strength medicine, medicine that Jason Young as a pharma salesman would know (established by Young's former employer, he was professionally required to know this medicine).

In short, Jason Young spared Cassidy Young's life that awful morning. It is not much of a stretch to presume he wanted her to be found and tended to as quickly as possible after he'd returned to Virginia. As terrible as it is to say this, that Cassidy Young is an 8-year-old girl today and not buried next to her mother is just one more brick in the wall that makes up the case against Jason Young.

Still probably had feelings for her... and wanted the body found asap.

Yep, he needed the body to be found while he still had what he thought was an airtight alibi. He was out of town on business, so he couldn't have killed his wife.

Probably would still have his striped black top, his old shoes, and would not have needed to prop open the door with a twig to smoke a cigar that night.
Probably would have been able to use his key to his room more too :innocent: .

Someone still needs to explain to me why there was a ROCK and why there was a TWIG. :waitasec:

Hey OctMoon, :seeya:
I got some serious catching up to do!!

The phone expert was very interesting and informative. JY was sure a chatty cathy that morning.. looked very bad imo

Glad you woke up sleepy head.

Yes, or had an accomplice. But I can't figure out who would cooperate with him to commit such a heinous act.

Did Ryan Schaad testify during the last trial? He seems to have been Jason's BFF. What is his take on this if anyone knows? (I am just curious. I am not accusing him of anything or inferring his involvement.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23