Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did think maybe Allison and GBC had a fight, then Allison drove off to go and confront the mistress, then the mistress killed her and GBC came and helped dispose of the body once he knew. But it doesnt explain the scratches on his face, chest, and possibly forearms. Re the scratches, I wonder how his parents and sister think they were caused? Wouldnt they be wondering too?

Can't wait to hear what others think about this, including early risers who are probably in bed right now.

I think you should get some sleep. The lack of a quick arrest is frustrating, but you do understand this is a person's life the police have in their hands, and whoever the person charged turns out to be, they're going to have representation intent on picking holes in the defence and evidence. They're going to quote forums like this to prove people can't get a fair trial when "angry mobs intent on their destruction" are rife on the internet (or some appropriate shocking and flowery language that justifies $800 per hour invoices).

Just because us armchair detectives haven't cracked the case in a couple of weeks, you can rest assured 25 career detectives are going to fry the miserable piece of ***** that committed this crime.

Gerard Baden-Clay's alleged mistress would probably drop her Target lingerie in horror at your hypothesis. Going from having such poor form to allow that little dweeb to be intimate with her, to now being implicated as involved in a murder, that's a huge leap and very unlikely scenario.

Who knows, police evidence may turn out to support some of the more fanciful John Le Carrre style conjecture on here, but I really think people should wait for some form of evidence and try, as hard as it may be, to stick to some facts, and read into what police are saying.

The latest development in their language is that they will find "the person" who did this. I think it is ok based on that, to assume they have narrowed it down to someone operating alone. Whether they have narrowed it down to a single prime suspect isn't clear from that, but it's extremely likely they have. Just look at the language being used, which has evolved over the last week or so.

On the subject of Allison's likely movements, a picture of her domestic life is only possible if you either knew her or are prepared to believe much of the commentary on here. Based on what I've heard about Allison from locals I trust, I personally believe she was a victim of domestic abuse (of some description) and that she probably remained in her relationship for the benefit of her children. Based on her confidence and sense of self-worth having been eroded, I really can't imagine her running around late at night to confront others who had the poor judgment to have at some stage been involved with Gerard Baden-Clay. You could claim she 'cracked' (a very delayed reaction to the alleged affair) but in my mind Allison would have gone and tucked her daughters in and tried to sleep through the night to start another day without having to be in the same house as Mister "I'm Just A Little Bit Hurt".

Whether I am right or not (and I'm not sure) rest assured police will have a very clear picture of her domestic situation. They have numerous people keen to make sure they know exactly what her life was like, if for nothing else to try to explain her death.

Completely separately, they have to gather enough EVIDENCE to charge someone with her murder. Being a ****** husband and annoying w*nker does not prove you are a murderer, and neither does having a self-obsessed victim mentality when being interviewed, or engaging legal representation, or having what appears on the surface to be an obnoxious and unlikeable family.

Police are not letting most of the useful information out, but they know a lot about what happened in an around Allison's house on the night of her disappearance. You just don't enter Brookfield and expect respect for your privacy, the type of conjecture going on in here is like everyday chats at Brookfield. The challenge for police is extracting the facts that can be proven. You can be totally sure they're in the process of doing that. Proof of either vehicle movements or drivers, and Allison's mobile phone, are probably the items that will conclude the major evidence needed. These are major details they've been looking for pretty much since Day 1.

I'm just like you and want to see the person responsible reduced to a pile of worthless rubbish rotting in a jail cell. I'd still implore people to try to keep fanciful stories with absolutely zero factual basis out of the discussion.

And plenty of LNP / politicians. They all deserve each other. Oh and mum only gets a first name hybrid of her and her husband ... Maybe bwana-banana doesn't let all womenfolk have their own Facebook presence.
What did the poor humble banana do to get associated with these bottom dwellers

Real Estate Agents are bottom feeders. You have to lie in that job and there are no exceptions. The better they are at it, the more of a psychopath they are. I've rented all my life up until 10 years ago and we have bought 2 properties. She told us what a good price we got the last time, then printed in her flyer that the owners got a record price for their home. We paid too much, we knew we did, but we loved the property, but seeing her lie to our faces and using the lie in her advertising campaign made my blood boil. You need "special" qualities to be an estate agent. Most of them network and their social skills have to be honed to present a false self that shows they can be trusted. No doubt this snake is using every trick in the book to portray himself to be innocent. Unfortunately though, in his effort to lie perfectly he will leave stones unturned when it comes to evidence. Only a matter of time and they will have him.

well that would def be pre meditated then! RAT...
I don't think police are looking to see if HE bought the gloves but rather if the same gloves were bought in the normal shop which would show they were in the house. Allison could have very well bought them in her normal shop and now they are missing from the house, good point in an earlier post about fly buys, if she used a store card like FB or Woolworths then it would definitely register, maybe this is something that could prompt them to check this as Im not sure how up to speed the Forensic unit would be on how much people love their frequent flyer points. If they show as the same as a pair Allison bought and now they are missing, then this would be yet another piece of evidence to show cause, just my opinion

The latest development in their language is that they will find "the person" who did this. I think it is ok based on that, to assume they have narrowed it down to someone operating alone. Whether they have narrowed it down to a single prime suspect isn't clear from that, but it's extremely likely they have. Just look at the language being used, which has evolved over the last week or so.

"We're putting in the hours, we're doing everything we can to identify the offender or offenders and . . . we do have a level of confidence that we will arrest the person responsible for Allison's death," Supt Ainsworth said.

"We're not narrowing in on anyone. We're keeping an open mind and we've got to run our investigation in a professional manner to ensure that every piece of information is examined and run out thoroughly."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rder-intensifies/story-e6freoof-1226345241012

I'm just like you and want to see the person responsible reduced to a pile of worthless rubbish rotting in a jail cell. I'd still implore people to try to keep fanciful stories with absolutely zero factual basis out of the discussion.

I think everyone's on the same page as you Keyboredom in wanting whoever killed Allison brought to justice. With all the unknown factors it's easy for some imaginations to go on overdrive...human nature I guess.

I was thinking....if she was actually out driving her car at night (thursday after 11pm) she must have been tricked into doing so....as in perhaps someone asked her to meet them urgently or pick them up they have ran out of petrol??? Then of course she would have taken her mobile with her....women dont like driving by themselves at night all that much and especially when your kids are at home in bed by themselves...She may have thought...oh well this wont take long and ill take my phone in case anything happens etc....

I wonder what was said or lie was used to get her out like that....

I did think maybe Allison and GBC had a fight, then Allison drove off to go and confront the mistress, then the mistress killed her and GBC came and helped dispose of the body once he knew. But it doesnt explain the scratches on his face, chest, and possibly forearms. Re the scratches, I wonder how his parents and sister think they were caused? Wouldnt they be wondering too?

Can't wait to hear what others think about this, including early risers who are probably in bed right now.
I don't think the mistress would of killed her, I think more than likely there is a good possibility that Allison went to confront the mistress and GBC either followed her, to or from, intercepted her somewhere along the way ( maybe she stopped and they had a confrontation somewhere) I think the mistress will just be providing clues as the possible conversations with GBC that night or whether Allison turned up there to see if they can narrow down the time she could of possibly been killed. There is so much that the police have not told us that everything on here is just all of us trying to come uo with ideas that may or may not prompt someone to check something ie: Police may have overlooked store cards to see if gloves were purchased by Allison for normal housework and are missing now or same brand!!
There is definitely a lot of activity regarding the roundabout and GBC did hire a Barrister as well as a high profile Criminal Lawyer ( Chris Murphy must have his hands full with Matty Newton otherwise he probably would of hired him :)
I feel there are only days and then we will be able to g back here and see how close we were, I think forums like this help with everyones grief and they can trigger ideas, I guarantee there would be police watching everything written just incase someone gets too close and to pick up ideas.
Everyones intentions on here are simply to corresponde and hope he is caught and put away for a very long time

Right...so thats why the kids and him are shacked up with his parents....He is hiding the kids from being asked questions....Wont let the kids see Allisons parents cos they will ask them questions....yes....if all this murdering was going on - who was looking after the kids???? Maybe GBC's sister was at home minding the kids????

I think that if they were home they would know something. I know even with my oldest (who is not as old as the oldest BC child), he would likely wake up and be peeping down the stairs if there was any sort of disturbance that didn't feel right. Not much gets past them. Awful to think they may have witnessed something.

Have been reading with interest in the last week, and thought I'd just pop in and say hi.

Through a friend of parents at the school, I was told that GBC's sister dropped the kids at school the day Allison was reported missing. Not necessarily normal or abnormal, given what was happening on that day, but just another piece of the puzzle.

I also think there is a HUGE amount of detail that the police are aware of that we are not. Trying to piece it together at the moment as an outsider is almost impossible. There are many rumours going around, much speculation, and too much emphasis been placed on personality traits that really don't provide much in terms of evidence. I really hope they make an arrest soon.

What if the scratches were caused by the mistress prior to that night which was the cause of a row between them. Following this ABC went to confront the other woman which resulted in her death. The Mistress may be saying that ABC drive off after a confrontation and does not know what happened to her after that point.

Police now have to determine if it was him or the mistress - but this would be harder if he is refusing to make any formal statements to them.

I am curious to know if anyone know if the car was in the family driveway the next morning or if was discovered elsewhere.

If he is innocent - he will be sentenced to life for having that affair.
If it was the mistress they would of had her in custody by now, no big high profile lawyers or barrister to worry about there, not as much pressure arresting her, plus the motive would be limited o her behalf and there would be a lot more activity and she does not live in a quiet acreage hiden from the eyes of the public like GBC did! Just my thought anyway, I really believe they are talking to her to confirm conversation times etc, Maybe GBC used her as an alibi at some stage and they are going back and forth building their case against a web of lies

I'm really puzzled, if it's true that people from local supermarkets have been questioned in relation to the gloves possibly being purchased there. Either it was premeditated and the gloves were used to commit the murder, which would explain why there were no prints found on her neck, or the gloves were used for the cleanup of the car. But that doesn't make sense if the gloves were found near the body or hot zone (unless the plan was to do the cleanup of the car before returning home.)

This is really getting frustrating and also a bit worrying to think they mightn't get enough evidence to convict anyone.

I have no idea what I think happened now.

I personally think the gloves thing is a furphy. They were found with a water bottle too - noone, hurried or not, would leave such evidence behind them surely?!

Re the gloves, sometimes items found have to be investigated to rule them out, not rule them in. Just because investigations focus on a particular person, item, etc, like the glove, doesn't mean they think it has anything to do with the crime. But if they didn't rule them out, it could be brought up in court that all avenues weren't investigated/raise doubt.

I just thought of something....sort of out of a movie...but maybe GBC drove her (ABC) car deliberately past the camera on the roundabout wearing her clothes and a wig at that time of night to suggest that maybe she took off somewhere in her car after he last saw her????? When in fact she was already drugged or knocked out cold or whatever????

With the talk of GBC crashing that car on the Sunday, supposedly to cover injuries he already had, he was on his way to visit police. Wouldn't police have hauled him in for questioning on the Friday or Saturday, why wait until Sunday to question him, & why would GBC wait until then to crash the car... especially if the first attending police noted scratches when he reported Allison missing??
Because bruising would have started to appear days after on his torso, he would of been so high on adrenilen on the night that he would not realise if had sustained any injuries until bruising has started to show, this would require a hefty coverup, what better way thatn to have a car crash, but the forensic team would be able to tell by photographs if the bruise pattern patched the description of the accident. I felt all along ( previos posts) she would have been dumped in water as she would have put up a fight and he would of been relying on her body being exposed to eliments that would get rid of key evidence. Just my thoughts

What if the scratches were caused by the mistress prior to that night which was the cause of a row between them. Following this ABC went to confront the other woman which resulted in her death. The Mistress may be saying that ABC drive off after a confrontation and does not know what happened to her after that point.

Police now have to determine if it was him or the mistress - but this would be harder if he is refusing to make any formal statements to them.

I am curious to know if anyone know if the car was in the family driveway the next morning or if was discovered elsewhere.

If he is innocent - he will be sentenced to life for having that affair.

I think he did the killing by himself. Much more likely. It is a clear case of domestic violence- i don't think the affair or other women made him do anything just as Allision didnt make him kill her , or money worries or stress. He needs to take responibilty for their actions. We all get angry , stressed , conered, desperate - but we all dont kill!

Women frequently dont tell police or family that there has been violence - although family often see her behviour as 'depressed'.
It all came to a head - maybe she 's trying to leave , he has money problems. He strangles her , panic's dumps body , then ring's possibly 'other women'. Kids probably witness some of this and past violence/controlling behaviour . He gets scratched, crashed car to cover .

His family not involved other than supporting him- sister looks very stressed, parents kissing , family background, country, hunting, do not make people gulity of any thing.

The very sad thing about all this is he recives light sentence gets on with his life - Allison's lief cut short , her family greive, her children have to live with fact their dad killed their mum. and that domstic violence continues .

Last night i attended a candle light vigil for wmen and children killed by their partners- one of many held around Queensland. On average 77 women are killed in Australia by their partners. Only yesterday another women was bashed to death. A sad sad situation.

I just thought of something....sort of out of a movie...but maybe GBC drove her (ABC) car deliberately past the camera on the roundabout wearing her clothes and a wig at that time of night to suggest that maybe she took off somewhere in her car after he last saw her????? When in fact she was already drugged or knocked out cold or whatever????
You need some rest luv :) But I enjoyed your post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member