WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Lyle had good dental care is not really that surprising to me. The reason is because for decades the federal government has been involved in dental health and education programs on indian reservations all over the U.S. A lot of these programs are integrated into the Head Start preschool program for 3-5 year olds. Children are given toothbrushes, toothpaste and taught to take care of their teeth.

I think they just do the program anyway. I remember doing the flouride and getting the nasty red tablets tooth brush and toothpaste in school and they still do it in schools irregaurdless of being native or not it's more due to a money thing I think,and you would think with all the education for dental care that bottle rot would be gone.

I think Lyle's parent's took care of him, took very good care of him and taught him good hygiene.

I think Lyle's parent's took care of him, took very good care of him and taught him good hygiene.

I thought that for a while too Al, but now I wonder. The reason is because no one seems to be looking for him. That is the most perplexing thing about this case. Even if he wrote home (a theory of which ccm now says he has mixed feelings about) you'd think they'd still want to find him. If Lyle didn't have any family whatsoever, then why go to such great effort to hide his identity? Very odd.

Well, I started reading the book from which he got his name and the Lyle in the book was catholic and his father commited suicide and it was shameful to him. So that may be a reason to hide it.

Meyahna, if that's the case, I sincerely apologize. Sorry for the kneejerk reaction, but some of the posts in this thread (and others) about Lyle have been really off the wall lately.

Thanks rhyno.
[/COLOR]

I must admit yes I have probs with comments insinuating that such race or such people do so or so as a generality. If you want to make me mad just say European don't shave. Lyle was probably not poor, poor people hang themselves to tree branch they don't rent a hotel room for that.

I am sorry if I offend you, and again I don't mean to offend you, but I find it hard to understand what you mean in your messages. Just the way they are written. I still don't know if you think that he may be Arabic or you think he is absolutely not Arabic. I sincerely mean no offense to you. I think I (and others) may be misconstruing (sp?) what you are saying.

I know it has been discussed on here before that he may be Arabic. I lean towards that he is not Arabic, but I dont totally discount it.

thank you.I cannot say if he has any arabic in him or not.What ever mixture of heritage he has,he may even be full blooded.He could have very well been conceived and born out side of his native country.

Coldcaseman,

Do you know if "Kenley Allan Matheson" was ruled out? I think i read on here recently that he was.

Thanks,

poor people commit suicide in many ways,not just hanging from a tree.a person wanting to do this usually picks a method they are comfortable with and will do the job.I have been told by someone that found their daughter hanging that it is by no means quick and painless.they loose all bodily function,so as you could imagine it can be pretty messy.

just curious Gina M.A LOT OF WHAT webslueuths is all about is ability to at least take a glimpse of a dead person.Check out crime library crime spider or find a death.that will no doubt give a big glass of toughen up!My point being.It is hard to talk crime when people are on this site that we all have to tread on egg shell's around.BRING BACK THE CRIME SCENE PHOTO'S!:rolleyes:

CCL, I've been here for a long time, and Websleuths is about more than looking at post mortem photos. Most of the cases I'm interested in are missing persons cases. Not all of us are comfortable looking at graphic photos - I know I'm not the only one, and while I'm trying to get more used to it, it's still not my cup of tea. You're more than welcome to go look at them if you want - the links were posted earlier in the thread. I choose not to look at them. No need to walk on eggshells, but no need to be rude either.

someone mentioned somethign about the belt earlier not being his.. I know my husband is shorter/heavier than the unidentified guy and wears a size 36.. So I'd imagine that size of pants would fall of the unidentified guy.. maybe...(??) but I guess the pants/belt could be someone elses ... but I looked back on the Doe page.. And I didnt see anything about underwear? (probably's been discussed, but I havent read everything (yet)

also I had a question.. Is there a really good shot of what his ears looked like? :angel:

Well I was just throwing an idea, and I think it is fairly possible. I'm not sure in what you can say looking at him that he is not Arabic as he looks Arabic as much as much as Hispanic or Native American. Cold case Lady who are you talking to about teeth and logic?

Meyahna, I definately agree with you on this one. I think he could be Arabic. The wide jaw, his nose, his "unibrow", he could
be Native American, Hispanic, Arabic, or otherIMO. As I said before, some of the Middle Eastern men listed on fbi.gov have all of the same characteristics and look very much like "Lyle."

No matter his heritage, I think we need to figure out how to get the poor man some sort of air time for his identity. I have sent the flyer out via e and snail mail but I don't think to much will come of it cause it's just one person and have yet to hear anything back or see it posted on the news. Maybe flooding the press would work ,but I dunno.

as i said on the previous thread,his heritage is in a way no indication of were he might be from.he could have been born outside of his native country.He could be any combination of different races,he could also be full blooded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge