GUILTY GA - Christopher Barrios, 6, murdered, Glynn County, 8 March 2007

I read in the Brunswick News that David is looking for a new trial. George is still being checked to see if he is fit to stand trial and Peggy will be try after George's trial is finished.

We have two links where you can light candles for Christopher Barrios, post a tribute or just look at some pictures;

http://michaelbarrios.memory-of.com/

http://christopher-barrios.last-memories.com/

May God continue to bless the entire family of Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. May the Lord help them all cope with their loss.

Accused Child Killer 'Incompetent' For Trial

One of three family members charged with the 2007 rape and murder of a Brunswick boy will not stand trial after defense attorneys and prosecutors agree George Edenfield is found incompetent to stand trial.

Psychological evaluations dating back decades show Edenfield, a convicted sex offender, is mentally challenged.

Edenfield, along with his mother and father, is charged with raping and murdering six-year-old Christopher Barrios in March 2007. The little boy's body was found naked and stuffed in a garbage bag days after he went missing from his family's Brunswick home.

Edenfield's father has already been convicted and sentenced to death for his role in the murder. Edenfield's mother pleaded 'no contest' and was expected to testify against her son.

More: http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/08/accused-child-killer-incompete.html

Peggy Edenfield, Georgia Edenfield and David Edenfield are charged with the 2007 kidnapping, rape and murder of six-year-old Christopher Barrios.

Why are they saying that David is charged? He is convicted, no?

Wishing her luck on that one. OK, not really.

That just means she is going to face the death penalty then, right? Prosecutors took it off the table in exchange for her testimony. Now, if she isn't going to testify, I would think that prosecutors would put it right back on the table.

This was an awful crime and I hope they all face the death penalty, personally.

Salem

I hope the jury gives her what she has coming.

Peggy Edenfield next to stand trial in Barrios slaying

Prosecutors consent to a change of venue for her trial, Special Assistant District Attorney John Johnson told Scarlett.

"We'd like to get it done before the end of the year," Johnson said.

Last week, Peggy Edenfield rejected a plea bargain that Christopher's grandmother told reporters called for her to serve 30 years in prison for the slaying. "I want her to get a jury trial. I believe a jury will convict her and give her a lot more than 30 years," Sue Rodriguez said after the hearing.

She faces an automatic life sentence if convicted of murder.

An hour before conducting a hearing Monday about her case, Superior Court Judge Stephen Scarlett ordered her son, George Edenfield, to remain in a state mental hospital undergoing treatment until psychologists determine he is mentally competent to stand trial.

Although he marginally understands the charges against him, George Edenfield remains incapable of assisting his lawyers in his defense, and still is incompetent to stand trial, psychologists said in a Jan. 10 summary of their findings.

There is a chance he "could be restored to competency" and should continue treatment and evaluation at Central State Hospital, the psychologists said in the report that Scarlett attached to his order.

A convicted child molester, George Edenfield, 36, faces the death penalty if convicted...

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-02-15/story/peggy-edenfield-next-stand-trial-barrios-slaying

I remember this case. A whole family participated in this evil. I wonder if there other evil families like Edenfields out there. :furious:

This is one case that I will NEVER forget...this innocent child suffered so much before his death...I think about him a lot and his family....would love to run into these maniacs that did this to him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back