Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi y'all. Came in to cool off about an hour ago and saw the breaking news on HLN and immediately logged on to check it out. I have been following this case since day one and check every week to see if anything is new. I truly hope that Stacy has been found.

My mom just called and said Illinois State Police are set to give a press conference at 4:30 central time. No other details, and I can't confirm with any other source yet. I'm in the Chicago area, so I'll be watching/listening, if it's not a nationally broadcast presser.

I'm in the Chicago area too - what channel is going to show this?? Any info as I am not showing ANY news channels with 4 or 4:30 local news on Saturday...

Anyone have any links? I have cbs2chicago.com up right now and trying to find out anything...

Authorities in rural Illinois began digging Saturday for the remains of missing woman Stacy Peterson, Fox News has confirmed.

Following a new lead in the woman's disappearance, authorities are searching for "human remains" in an area east of Peoria, Ill., the Chicago Sun-Times reported Saturday.

Sources reportedly told the newspaper that investigators, using dogs, searched a hunting ground east of Peoria on Friday and then returned Saturday to dig in a specific area.

http://sec.wltx.com/article/068O9Vg4nW05G?q=Illinois

IIRC, Drew recieved a letter from someone in Peoria saying they saw her at a local Kroger and I think its said she was pregnant as well.....anyone remember that?

I remember a sighting in a Kroger's but not the details..........

I'm in the Chicago area too - what channel is going to show this?? Any info as I am not showing ANY news channels with 4 or 4:30 local news on Saturday...

Anyone have any links? I have cbs2chicago.com up right now and trying to find out anything...

I'm not finding anything either. My mom said she heard it on the radio, but I have the radio and TV on and have surfed every Chicago news site and am finding nothing. That's why I was careful to say I couldn't confirm anything with another source yet. May have been a false alarm, and I apologize if so.

Drew Peterson has allegedly confessed to a fellow inmate that he killed his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson. Stacy has been missing since January 2007. Peterson is currently being charged with the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

TMZ got a story about how Peterson told an inmate about how he killed Stacy Peterson and where he disposed of her body. As soon as the inmate got the information from Peterson, he went to the authorities.

Authorities have gone to the location Drew Peterson named and located a digging spot. They are currently digging there today. Authorities reported that they indeed hit a solid substance while digging. No further information is ready yet. Police do believe the body could be buried there.​

Why do all the maps show W. Grange Hall Road as being WEST of Peoria, and all the recent articles say the search is going on EAST of Peoria?

Why do all the maps show W. Grange Hall Road as being WEST of Peoria, and all the recent articles say the search is going on EAST of Peoria?

Last article I read said the site is northwest of Peoria.

I started a new thread titled Theories Based on LE Search in Peoria Area - June 5, 2010

I thought we could use that thread to discuss theories based solely on this latest breaking news of the LE search northeast of Peoria, Illinois.

Let's leave this thread strictly for updates on the LE search, and post theories and speculation about how Stacy may have ended up buried in the Peoria area, if indeed, it turns out her remains are found there.

I've posted my theory and hope others will post their theory and we can discuss possibilities.

350x.jpg
Illinois State Police Master Sgt. Tom Burek speaks with occupants of an official vehicle leaving the Big Hollow Sportsman's Club in rural Peoria County, Ill. Saturday, June 5, 2010. Investigators picked their way across a muddy stretch of remote central Illinois Saturday as they followed a lead into the disappearance and possible homicide of the fourth wife of former suburban Chicago police officer Drew Peterson. Peterson already faces a murder charge in the 2004 killing of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. No one has been charged in the 2007 disappearance of his subsequent spouse, Stacy Peterson, and her body has not been found.​

350x.jpg
An Illinois State Police official speaks to homeowners adjacent to the Big Hollow Sportsman's Club site in rural Peoria County, Ill. Saturday, June 5, 2010​

350x.jpg
Law enforcement officers including Illinois State Police and Illinois Department of Natural Resources Conservation Police secure the entrance lane to the Big Hollow Sportsman's Club site in rural Peoria County, Ill. Saturday, June 5, 2010.​

I hope this comes back to bite him in the butt! (JB)

In reference to Saturday's developments, Brodsky said that "the current report about Stacy Peterson is just another in a long line of baseless allegations against Drew Peterson. Ever since Stacy disappeared there have been numerous rumors, gossip and reports about Drew. The one thing these reports have in common is that they always prove to be false, and there are never any facts or evidence to back them up.

"There has never been one single factual piece of evidence regarding either Stacy's disappearance or death of Kathleen Savio that shows Drew is guilty of any wrongdoing," Brodsky said.

according to the 5pm news the news conference is scheduled for 5:30 so they are only reporting the same stuff we already know at this point.

If this wait is unbearable for me...imagine what it is like for her family

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/stacy.peterson.body.2.1734363.html

Jun 5, 2010 3:30 pm US/Central
Police Dig For Stacy Peterson's Body Near Peoria
CHICAGO (CBS) ― In a muddy, remote wooded area east of Peoria, authorities are digging on yet another potential site for the remains of Stacy Peterson, fourth wife of ex-Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson. ...

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...-lead-downstate-regarding-stacy-peterson.html

"...Investigators contacted Alwan Friday and asked to search his land northwest of Peoria. After receiving his consent, police brought in equipment and got to work. Authorities do not believe Alwan had any involvement in Stacy's disappearance, sources said."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong