SC SC - Annette Deanne Sagers, 11, Mount Holly, 4 Oct 1988

I searched for her email and her names Debbie. I found her blog. She's a teacher in SC. I will email her to find out what she knows, not sure if she will tell me anything. but worth a try.

Do we know what happened to Thomas Stephen Malinoski? Debbie could be his daughter from a later union...

follow up posting 2 days after the one above.

http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/print.cgi?ia::33283.html

Found the actual thread:

http://genforum.genealogy.com/sagers/messages/9.html
A few followups.

Good find!

I have found the father and new step mom (in Tampa Bay) and I have found one of the sons thus far. He is living in NC and states on FB he's from Charleston, so pretty confident its him. As for this debbie, she is 49ish, a school teacher, and married to a man with the last name Malinoski in Charleston. I have not emailed her yet because I'm not sure what the deal is with her, especially after reading the continuation of the geneology thread.

To me it sounds like she is doing some detective work herself. I'm not buying the paternal sister looking for the boys. She could also be looking for them on the father's behalf (Thomas). I am assuming she's a SIL of Thomas malinoski. I'm also not sure what half sister she is talking about because it seems like there where only 3 children.Also, Korrina was about 16 apparently when she gave birth to Annette, so Thomas would have been 18-19. Korrina and Thomas's sons where born in the mid 80's. Thomas is remarried and has 2 small children, a baby and an elementary aged child. SO I just cant see where another child would have come into play. Not sure what to make of all this. Going to do somemore digging.

BTW, there is a posting from S. Sagers on the geneology posting also thinking that the half sister is Annette! Debbie does not respond to her after this.

Also, there is a posting from a man that says he is James. So if this is true he is the other son.

I think Annette could be alive!

I don't believe for a second that annette's mom left on her own free will, and came back to get only one of her children.

As I read it, ONLY Annette was her biological child. SHe was not the biological child of her mom's husband, nor were the husband's children the biological children of Annettes mom.

She came back and took HER child, but would not have taken children who were not her own and who she was probably less attached to than her own daughter, being step-children.

Has anything else happened in this case since October 2010?

TIA

I think it's obvious that someone close to them is responsible for both disappearances ... I am surprised that LE has never solved these cases

there were other children ... I wonder how they're doing now ... alive & well I hope

I am not sure why the LE had so much trouble with these cases. I talked with them and gave them a sample of Annette's handwriting so that they could check it against the note that was left at the bus stop shelter. She disappeared a year after her mother. I have always prayed that her mother came back to get her. The strange thing I remember after her mother was taken, was that the car she was driving was left where the drive met the highway. Both front doors were left open. That always puzzled me. Two people leaving fast?

Trying so hard to think back to what I remember about the case and what went on. Annette is Korrina's daughter, the boys are Thomas' sons. Mom disappeared one year before Annette. There was a note left and the police came to me to get a sample of her handwriting. It did match. They were very quiet about the case as it evolved. We looked everywhere and there was nothing. I always prayed that her mom came back to get her. If not, whoever did come to get her knew about her mother's case. Annette was not a happy child. She was very quiet and kept her head down most of the time. I knew something was wrong the first day I saw her.
The boys in the gene report are the brothers, the names are right anyway. I hope they find each other. I would love to get this thread going again. Maybe not to actually find her, but to know she is alive and happy...finally.

I think, it doesn`t make any difference if the handwirting on the letter matches Anette's handwriting or not. The abductor could have easily forced her to write anything he wanted.

D. Malinoski claims she is the aunt of the half-sister looking for her brothers.

The half-sister claims she is the boys' 'half-sister on the father's side.' Annette would be their step-sister, seeing as they have no biological parents in common. Annette is Korrina's daughter from a previous relationship, and the boys are Thomas' sons from a previous relationship. So a half-sister previous to the boys' births is plausible.

I'd like to know when Korrina and Thomas were married.

I'd like to state, hypothetically, that if Korrina took Annette and not the boys, it should not be assumed it was because she had a poor relationship with them/that she didn't love them/that she had not bonded with them. Annette was her biological daughter. If she had taken the boys, it could be construed as kidnapping.

Carolinagirl56, I hope you're still around. You said she was not a happy child. Do you think she could be classified as an abused or neglected child? I went to WMS too, some years later.

after the geneology posts

maybe they found each other & are communicating privately ...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back