GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your thinking, Chubby.
So, leaving the babysitter in the equation as forever haunted by being so negligent, what you have now is someone that knew the children were on the playground, and SAW when babysitter left and Jorely went back to the house.

I am going to go back and look through the googlemaps people have pulled. Is there an address for her exact apartment, or a link to the layouts of the apartments online? I want to see the relation to her home and the playground, and what the walk would be through what areas.

*goes back in the thread to find information*

Many complexes around here have a "drive up" trash service...
before exiting the complex a side drive rises, you stop your car get out and throw your thrash away... get back in your car and drive away.
maybe drive "thru" is more appropriate. I hope the have the perp on surveillance cameras...

I've never heard of that. All of the apartment and condo/TH complexes here have something that looks like this, but is green.

http://blog.junk-king.com/sanantonio/2011/10/alternatives-to-san-antonio-dumpster-rentals/

Can you find a photo of what you mean by 'drive thru trash'. I'm not picturing it at all.

Wasn't watching the live feed, just reading. Thanks for the link and picture. This is different from the dumpster I had envisioned. I was thinking the type on 4 wheels with a lid residents lift. The one she was found in appears to be the type used for hauling and set up when large construction or demolition projects are occuring. I wonder why this type of dumpster was set up at an apartment complex. Was work underway in this complex?

Yes. that's what I was thinking too, a smaller type dumpster with a lid. That definitly looks more like a construction type dumpster. However, from what is spread out on the ground, that appears to be regular trash (lots of bags) as opposed to construction debris. That is A LOT of garbage, seems like it would take weeks for that much to accumulate. Does anyone know how many apartments are in this complex?

I like your thinking, Chubby.
So, leaving the babysitter in the equation as forever haunted by being so negligent, what you have now is someone that knew the children were on the playground, and SAW when babysitter left and Jorely went back to the house.

Respectfully snipped. yes, that is exactly what I am thinking. Someone who had been watching and who perhaps had seen the children poorly supervised before. Perhaps even someone seen by the babysitter that didn't raise a red flag.

I'm hoping the babysitter is able to provide LE with information or a description of anyone he or she may have seen while the children were at the playground. Perhaps residents may be able to provide information too. Nothing too small. IMO they should report EVERYTHING and let LE decide what may or may not be relevant.

jmo

I feel like the sickos are winning out there:(..so many similarities to Skylar..I don't think LE is going to have to look to far to find the excrement that committed this sickening crime. Poor Jorelys~may you be at peace and safe from evil. I imagine you are in a much better place. This world has gone to hades. :banghead:

If this person isn't caught in the next day, any locals want to get together and pass out fliers? (LE approved, of course) I can get bi-lingual fliers, and we can pass them out at the entrances, and the local stores. Jorelys mother doesn't speak english, so I'm going to guess there may be others in the complex in the same boat. Maybe they need to read what horrific crime happened in their neighborhood, and maybe they will talk. Maybe management needs to see that there is more to running a complex, than just collecting rent. People do care about these children.

Just something to think about.....

If this is against TOS, please delete. No trouble intended.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/0...?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl18|sec3_lnk1|117792

"A body found in a trash container is believed to be that of a 7-year-old girl who went missing last week from an apartment complex playground north of Atlanta, authorities said Monday."

"Bankhead told The Associated Press the body had been severely beaten and appeared to have been sexually assaulted. He said the girl's mother had been notified."

Wasn't watching the live feed, just reading. Thanks for the link and picture. This is different from the dumpster I had envisioned. I was thinking the type on 4 wheels with a lid residents lift. The one she was found in appears to be the type used for hauling and set up when large construction or demolition projects are occuring. I wonder why this type of dumpster was set up at an apartment complex. Was work underway in this complex?

Typical set up for a large apartment complex, cheaper than 3 or 4 yard dumpsters. So most owners would prefer it.

With the amount of waste in that box, and LE saying they had to remove it from the complex because it was so compacted (difficult to remove). I have to believe this is a compactor box set-up with a sliding slid, which they must have removed.

[video=youtube;tZ-x2kRYP78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ-x2kRYP78[/video]

The attached video will give you an idea of how a compactor box works, but would not be identical to the apartment set-up. Typically the box would have a top on it and a chute where people would throw their trash. The compactor is a locked unit which would need a key to be operated. Only the chute area would be accessible to the general public.

Have you ever seen the compactor boxes behind the grocery stores or in large malls?

If this person isn't caught in the next day, any locals want to get together and pass out fliers? (LE approved, of course) I can get bi-lingual fliers, and we can pass them out at the entrances, and the local stores. Jorelys mother doesn't speak english, so I'm going to guess there may be others in the complex in the same boat. Maybe they need to read what horrific crime happened in their neighborhood, and maybe they will talk. Maybe management needs to see that there is more to running a complex, than just collecting rent. People do care about these children.

Just something to think about.....

It this is again TOS, please delete. No trouble intended.

I live just outside the Canton area and would love to help!

Did anyone notice the comment on apartmentratings about all of the convicted sex offenders living there. dated 2/23/11

In the review from March the person says the body was found in the trash compactor.

They also say the walls are paper thin.

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/GA-Canton-River-Ridge-at-Canton-1206418.html

It is possible someone heard what happened to Jorelys and didn't realize it at the time.

This is literally identical to Skyler Kauffman. So much that I even checked to make sure James Troutman was still incarcerated.

Skyler was taken, beaten, raped and put in the dumpster at her apartment complex.
The noises of Skyler's murder were heard but were not fully understood until later.

Found Deceased PA - AMBER ALERT: Skyler Kauffman, 9, Souderton, 9 May 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Aww poor baby girl :( RIP

Cases like this just make me sick! I hope they find the person who did it and lock him up and throw away the key!

In another comment, a resident complains there are holes in the fence leading to an unsavory neighborhood next door.... They really need to check there as well... IMO

Nancy Grace has picked this story up -
Just in: Cops surround a green dumpster only a block from a nearby playground! Inside they find body of 7-yr-old Jorelys. Murder investigation now underway – we want justice!

This makes me flipping mad! Justice for Jorelys!!

Gonna try and drive by to see this afternoon...I think I know the neighborhood they are speaking of.

Police weren't able to issue a Levi's Call, because no witnesses came forward to confirm an abduction. Investigators nonetheless treated it as one, pulling resources from across the state and even calling in the FBI. <snipped>

No witnesses....I hope LE is questioning everyone in that apartment complex. Neighbor or friend of the teenage sitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288