Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acton is probably about a 5 or 6 hour drive South from MH. But they could have headed that way no problem. I hope not though. :rose:

Thank You -- and they would have had a "head start" since Sierra wasn't reported missing until the evening time ...

:maddening:

I agree with you. And I'll up the ante.
On the Today Show, they were talking about how there are around 2,000 people who are reported missing every day.
So there were on average 1,999 other people they could have chosen to profile. That Klaaskids could have helped in their case.

And this case would languish in the backwaters with only the parents and and a overworked police force investigating, at least.

I always wonder about which cases get national media attention and which ones don't.
It seems to me this one was based on the "looks" of the victim.
Being an all American teenaged cheerleader, which may or may not be true.

Yet, it turns those ideas on their head when you read her "tweets".
And then to top it off, you are forced to look the other way when
an RSOs daughter is missing.
You have to accept him as "a victim".
Because this didn't happen to someone else's daughter, this time.

There are a lot of things about this case that are there to make you uncomfortable. To make your world view turn upside down.
To have her items missing both sound like product placement ads.
To wit: The beloved Samsung Galaxy Android Phone and the equally
beloved, Juicy Couture Bags.

I don't know what this says about where we are as a society.
But, it does make me wonder about the 1,199 kids and adults
that I will never hear about, while this case is a media darling.

I hope she is found safe.
I hope they all are, whoever, wherever, they are.
I'm going to call that bet and not because I think I have a better hand than you, but mostly to make sure we get all the cards onto the table. I think the better argument here is not why is this case receiving national attention but why aren't the others. I know its semantics but it is a distinguishable point. There are so many people that go missing and many times it is well after the fact that somebody bothers to make a report. You can read through MP websites and then look for more information online, but often times there is no information to find. Also, you said it yourself, this case does have some odd circumstances and that is a large part of why this story has wings.
I believe that the national media prefers when there is a story they can run with inside of the original story. I think you mentioned many reasons that this case has garnered more attention than others, but I think that social media goes hand in hand with today's media. How many of the TV shows or other forms of media are interactive now? If you think John doe is guilty, text to X number, if he is not guilty text to Y number. Is it plausible that producers of these shows watch closely to see what current issues are trending out in the social media world?
I think there are other factors at work as well, such as how media sponsorship are a main way for the network to make money. If the show becomes less popular, they will naturally lose more money. Take this website as an example, I did not come here to be offered ads for Groupons or AT&T phone service, but we all know why they are there. Essentially, our ability to share our thoughts here or to gain information from watching TV and etc..., is being brought to us by <insert product here>.
My last thoughts on this topic would be that 2000+ people may go missing every day in the USA (2,000x365= 730,000), but that certainly does not mean that 2000+ are potentially abducted and in imminent danger each day. I really do not see ANY reason why Sierra's case shouldn't receive all the attention it is getting and as time goes by the outlook becomes worse and worse.

This is from the NCMEC-
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2810

The U.S. Department of Justice reports

797,500 children (younger than 18) were reported missing in a one-year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.
203,900 children were the victims of family abductions.
58,200 children were the victims of non-family abductions.
115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. (These crimes involve someone the child does not know or someone of slight acquaintance, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.)

Yet, it turns those ideas on their head when you read her "tweets".
And then to top it off, you are forced to look the other way when
an RSOs daughter is missing.

You have to accept him as "a victim".
Because this didn't happen to someone else's daughter, this time.

I hope she is found safe.
I hope they all are, whoever, wherever, they are.[/QUOTE]

BBM

As the offspring of an RSO who has changed my name, moved out of state and done all possible; to distance myself from the judgement people make associating me with another persons actions. I find this statement offensive to the core! I could rant for a long time on this too, but my focus is on finding missing people, not matter their looks or actions, especially when the questionable actions are from teens who often make poor decisions as they grow and learn, and should not be punished with abduction and death for poor taste in cyber communications.

Yes your point that 1999 other people are missing, is taken, yes we should care about all of them equally, but let us not forget Sierra is the victim and she is to be judged by her actions, not her fathers!

Thanks to all the wonderful volunteers who are devoting time and resources to finding Sierra!

Just read that what they will be doing is going out on boats with dogs trained to get water hits. If the dogs get a hit they will than send divers into the water.

This technique has been used very successfully here in our SAR efforts. We have a few deep yet fast flowing rivers that make diving very dangerous, so to minimize divers in the water we use water cadaver dogs, and it is amazing how accurate they can be.

Volunteers are continuing the search, now being instructed to look for female clothing, duct tape, zip ties, or rope -- anything used to hide evidence or contain someone.

I know a lot of this is "standard procedure", and they dont have any other leads, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

In the latest press conference from Cardoza, he suggsets that they believe Sierra voluntarily got into a car with someone, but after that was taken against her will.

Looking at where the phone was, and the purse, its very likely that she never got out of the car once she got in.

The odds of finding any of these items in the area are very small, unless we dont know something about the phone or purse evidence.

I had another possible theory about the clothing in the purse, if it was in fact the clothes she was wearing and not a spare.

It would go something like this:

PerpS pickup Sierra at her driveway, and she gets in the back seat of a car. As they are driving they force her to remove all of clothing and put it in her bag. They then throw the phone and purse out the window. (They may have thrown them separately, just so the bag would be harder to find)

But in this scenario, I could see her in the back seat of a car with tinted windows, with one perp driving and another with a weapon on her. They have her remove her clothing so she'll be much less likely to get out of the car. This would also explain why the shoes weren't found. They could have been left on the floor of the car, and disposed of at a different site, or the perps dont even know and they are still there.

If this were the scenario, it would suggest they were planning on driving for quite some distance (because they wouldn't go through all that trouble of removing her clothing if they weren't) It would also suggest they weren't going to a very rural road, and possibly even through heavily trafficed areas.

Sadly though, this would also mean there might not be any other evidence anywhere near her home.

Just a possibility that I thought Id throw out there. The contents of that purse really change things, and the fact that they were "neatly folded' makes the above scenario less likely, but still possible.

I don't think Sierra is near her home at all...I think she was probably taken some miles away. I guess it is possible another item of hers could be out there in the area where her other items were found...and that it could contain DNA or fingerprints...but I think it is a long shot. I think the searching there is being done just because it has to be done...even if no one in LE really thinks she will be found there...JMO

has anyone looked at the pictures on Craigslist for Sierra? The Dr Phil show today has a story about a 17 year old girl who was kidnapped from a parking lot, drugged, raped, tortured and put on Craigslist as a prostitute. It seems that more and more of these kinds of stories are coming out lately. I would look, but Craigslist is blocked on my work computer.

I saw that episode, and it immediately made me think of a lot of missing teen cases because human trafficking is becoming way too popular in the US nowdays.

searchwednesday.JPG

The search for Sierra LaMar will include local waterways.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's office says it will send dive teams to Uvas Reservoir, Parkway Lake in Santa Clara County and Olgier perk pounds in Monterey County on Wednesday. Investigators said they will only send a diver into the water if a trained dog that specializes in water borne detection gets a hit for possible human remains.

The dogs and their handlers will be on boats with divers at the ready.

Also Wednesday, the volunteer search effort enters its second day. Organizers at Burnett Elementary tell NBC Bay Area that they really need more people.

Tuesday's overwhelming turnout of 563 people dwindled to about 100 volunteers Wednesday. It appears many people are staying home because of the rain.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sierra-LaMar-Search-Moves-to-Waterways-144670055.html

snipped from : http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Body-Acton-Trash-Bin-Dumpster-144666905.html

A body was discovered Wednesday inside a trash bin in Acton.

Sheriff's homicide detectives responded to the 6800 block of Sierra Highway after the report, which was received at about 7 a.m. Wednesday.

-------------------------------------------------------------

omg ... "Sierra Highway" ... this may NOT be related, but it is ODD ...

MOO ...

They are releasing very little info. about this locally so far, but on the local news, I just saw the footage of the dumpster where the body was found and heard one of the newscasters say "investigators have no idea how the man got there". Or something to that effect. That is the first time I have heard the gender mentioned. It is a rural area and would be easy to dump a body there.

They are releasing very little info. about this locally so far, but on the local news, I just saw the footage of the dumpster where the body was found and heard one of the newscasters say "investigators have no idea how the man got there". Or something to that effect. That is the first time I have heard the gender mentioned. It is a rural area and would be easy to dump a body there.

Thank You ! So this was a MALE that was found in Acton.

Hopefully he will identified soon.

:rose:

Re Sierra's twitter. This is how a lot of kids talk in the area there. They use foul language, like many teens do when together, and they are into the whole "gansta" culture. The problem with social media that the teens fail to understand is the immaturity and lack of class that would be just a silly memory to them as adults, is now memorialized for ever, on the internet, when they post that stuff. Gosh, kids can be stupid.

About the area, Morgan Hill is sort of surrounded by farms and ranches and there is a mix of former Okies and rural Hispanics who settled in the surrounding areas. Many people still have a faint Arkansas, Oklahoman accent around there. Most of it is really quite different demographically from the college towns in the midst of it, and vastly different from Berkeley, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, etc.

Frogzilla posted and I snipped this from the post: Also, you said it yourself, this case does have some odd circumstances and that is a large part of why this story has wings.
I believe that the national media prefers when there is a story they can run with inside of the original story. I think you mentioned many reasons that this case has garnered more attention than others, but I think that social media goes hand in hand with today's media. How many of the TV shows or other forms of media are interactive now? If you think John doe is guilty, text to X number, if he is not guilty text to Y number. Is it plausible that producers of these shows watch closely to see what current issues are trending out in the social media world?

Snipped and I hope I didn't break your quote Frogzilla. ETA: I did break the quote Frog, I'm sorry! I fixed it but those reading won't be able to direct back to Frogzilla's original post directly from this one! So sorry!

The part I bolded. Yup, it has to have a "catch" something they can run with. Something that will grab people's attention and keep them looking for more info. Those are the types of cases that usually go national. Not always but if I had to wager probably over 90% of the time.

To be honest, I'm not sure that Sierra's case would have gone national if her Father's history hadn't been reported on. And her case may have very well had decreasing local coverage by now.

To another topic:

I think she's beautiful. But then again I think all children are beautiful. Each and every one of them. Regardless of their physical features. And I mean that with all of my heart.

To express that here and to say in addition that one hopes she comes home is sharing compassion for her and her family, it's simply a way to express concern. IMHO it's not posted to spite any other child gone missing. But that's just my take on it.

I haven't caught up on all the threads. I've been visiting with one of my own daughters that is here to visit. But, given that Sierra has been gone so long I'm losing hope she will be found safely.

I did read yesterday a couple of posts. One member here said that she might be found in the general area of her home, I'm leaning that way right now. I hope she's found quickly.

My above thoughts aren't meant to sound judgemental at any particular posts here, just sharing my thoughts :)

Everyone on this thread wouldn't be here if 1. We didn't want Sierra to be found and we are worried about her. 2. we wouldn't be members if all missing children/adults weren't important to us. :)[/QUOTE]

Good grief. My apologies. I thought I broke WS for a minute I did that last post so poorly! My apologies to all reading!

I could swear I saw a photo of Sierra's red sneakers on here this am. (facsimle). Did anyone snatch it?

Sorry Guy's, but I am just beginning to read the info on this case, and I have a few observations and (of course) questions:

Clothes:
> The fact that a change of underwear was found with the clothes makes me wonder-- if all she was going to do was change into or out of her clothes immediately why the "underwear"? I mean wouldn't she use the underwear she had on and just change the clothes? This to me would mean she did not want to wear the same underwear--for some reason right?

> They would not answer the question about urine on the clothes, leading one to believe there is some truth to that--does it have to only be urine? If urine, maybe it is animal from being left outside.
If they did not want to answer that question it also might mean it was some other fluid, like blood or semen.

>Wouldn't it seem if she did not pack those clothes "who" and "why" would they be folded "neatly", I mean just throw them in there--only if you did not want them to wrinkle would you care?

> Her mother said she had not seen the clothes LE found, so how did LE know they were hers?

>How do they Know the family have alibi's for the time she went missing, the exact time of her disappearance has not been determined. There is a window of some 11 hours?

Texting:
> LE said they traced her last text to her cell phone at home at 7am, Texts can be sent by anyone, right?

> With reference to "her" Texting style--Whoa!! Yes normal teens are not squeaky clean when talking or texting friends, that's a given. But her texting style was reflective of someone VERY comfortable with heavy duty cursing, like everyday language. Seems like a pretty tough girl--at least in her texting.
Cheerleader or not , I would not want to be on her bad side.

> Holly Bobo Case:

I know this is about Sierra La Mar, but does anyone else here that follows the Bobo case see some obvious similarities, Ir., Early morning,daylight, parents not there, no one saw her leave her house, personal items found several miles away, last convo with a friend at 7 am, and Scent dogs find abrupt ending of her trail? Curious, huh--although I don't know what it might mean IF anything:moo::waitasec:

As far as which cases get media, etc...an age-old debate here on WS...I do always feel for families who are helpless and watching as one child gets all kinds of coverage and major searches while another gets nothing. That must be almost as painful as the loss of the child. Sadly, it is probably a good idea to have plenty of attractive, glossy photos of your child ready for the media, just in case...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck