WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending you Easter hugs and kisses Sky!!
~~~We all love you~~~

If enough people are down for this, maybe we could divide up the threads and each interested person could go through the one thread they're assigned and list any tips that should be called in to LE here on this thread.

I want to feel like I'm DOING something for Sky other than just bumping his thread every day.

Let me know what you guys think about that plan (can you tell I'm a Myers-Briggs ENFJ personality type, lol??!).

:razz:

Alright, I'm ready to get started with my thread. I'll start on thread #2 if that's okay with everyone else.

I will take thread #3 - if everyone is ok with that . . . (it may take a few days)

Okay, here are the assignments so far:

Rougelatete: Thread #1

Adrienne37: Thread #2

Wenwe4: Thread #3

Maedlamsmom: Thread #4

Rougelatete: Thread #5

We have 17 threads and counting so if anyone else is able to jump in and claim a thread, that would be AWESOME!!!!

:gthanks::yourock:

I am new to the Websleuths community so this is my first post but I want to help I will take number 7

Thank you Mld5557, and welcome to Websleuths. :)

I am new to the Websleuths community so this is my first post but I want to help I will take number 7

Welcome MLD! It's always nice to see new faces!!! Looking forward to posting more with you!

WOO-HOO!! A warm welcome to Mld5557!!! It's so great to have fresh eyes on this old case. When looking for tips, please also keep a look-out for any times we mentioned places that would be good for LE to search. Although I, personally, believe Sky is most likely in the landfill, it's possible he's not and it's also possible JB disposed of evidence somewhere else.

ETA: Also keep an eye out for posters who saved early screen shots of JB's facebook page or flickr account. Those might be useful to forward to LE.

:welcome3:

I'm done with Thread #1. There wasn't much there because posters were just hashing out the early details of the case and trying to get a grasp on what was going on. It kind of made me miss the early days on Sky's case....that general feeling that it was obvious what had happened and that our little man would see justice swiftly and soon. It also made me miss previous posters....RabidBadger, GingerRed, IrishEyes and others.

One thing I re-learned is that the search for Sky around JB's car was called off really early in the investigation. I'm hoping that this was done for more reasons than because LE simply didn't believe JB's story. I'm hoping they found some kind of tangible evidence that could be used in a court of law to disprove her story (aside from the car having gas in the tank and no mechanical problems). Fingers crossed that this is the case.

Aside from that, I PM'ed a couple of posters who had mentioned they'd taken early screen shots of JB's facebook page. Hopefully, I'll get those and can forward them to LE if they don't match what is currently up there.

And, now, on to Thread #5!!!

Piney94 ~

I came across this transcript of JB's recorded conversations in the custody "exchanges from hell." Perhaps they would help you notice something?

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ow-into-dysfunction-of-sky-metalwala-s-family

One thing I noticed is that JB very often references the children being 'sick.'

1) According to JB, Sky was 'sick' on the day he went missing and was being taken to the hospital.

2) In the transcript linked above, JB speaks twice about M getting 'sick' and it really didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the conversation, seemingly coming out of left field. It's making me wonder if this is part of her OCD -- that she had paranoid, ruminating thoughts about her children becoming ill. I'm also wondering if she had a fear of germs and not just dust. Here's where she references it in the exchange from hell:

Solomon: “Maile. Does Maile know how much daddy loves her? [Maile heard crying] Do you know that daddy loves you, do you know that daddy cares for you sweetheart. Daddy misses you too and we have the party to go to tomorrow.”
Julia: “She’s going to get sick out here.”
Maile: “I want mommy.”

[snip for space]

Solomon” “Can I pray for all of us? Is that OK?”
Julia: “She’s just going to get a cold.”

Just want to say what you are all doing for Sky is wonderful, I think about him often and stop in here to see of there are any updates. I wish I had the time to volunteer my help with reading through the threads. I wish you all luck and hope he is found soon.

Working my way, slowly, through Thread 4. I apologize in advance for the scattered formatting. Blame it on the combination of the IPad, being super tired/full from Easter dinner and trying to get a bit of sleuthing done while the baby naps. This is what I have so far, mostly just random musings and odd facts...

They searched two transfer stations and believe they may need to search landfill. Over 50k tons. What made them choose not to?

http://www.king5.com/news/Missing-bo...133499358.html

" KING 5 News has learned that authorities searching for missing two-year-old Sky Metalwala inspected two garbage transfer stations and a landfill on Tuesday and now believe there is the possibility that they may need to begin digging through 50,000 tons of garbage."

**Please note that in a later presser, on 11/9/11, LE denied this fact.**

One of the comments under the above article, posted at November 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM, is a local who stated the gas station JB walked to with M has been out of gas for some time. Can any WS locals verify this and if so, what do we think this means? Did JB know this or did she make a mistake in planning. If it was a mistake, she may have made others we don't know about...IMO...

Also, in article, reporter stated he spoke to SO (friend who picked JB up after "running out of gas") and she was on her way into the police station to take a poly. We haven't heard the results of it, but I feel if she had done less than stellar, LE would have released it to put pressure on JB. IMO.

I had forgotten this tidbit: JB emailed someone the morning of the disappearance to tell them about Sky's illness, but we don't know who or the extent of the email.

Lots of discussion about passports and the possibilities that Sky was taken abroad. Consensus seemed to be that this is unlikely. A couple good passport regulation- related links/posts on page 2 of thread.

Quick facts we may have forgotten:
- 2.2 gallons of gas in the car when LE checked
- JB did not bring phone, purse, ID or medical insurance information with her, although she said she was enroute to the ER for Sky's illness
- Dogs found no scent of Sky outside of the vehicle at all.
- No stranger footprints or fingerprints on or around vehicle**
- No footprints at all except JB and M's**
- Found blanket in car, also enough of Sky's scent INSIDE the car to allow dogs to search that day. Do we have any SAR peeps around who could discuss this a bit more? How long would the scent stick around? This could be a clue into zeroing in on the ACTUAL day sky went missing...
- The Law and Order episode aired the previous Saturday. Oh, how could we forget that one...

**could not verify through links, only within several posts.

I will do more receiving later. Now, more coffee and desert before My Miss Thing wakes up...

ETA: later presser states JB did have her Wallet with her

Not too much going on in thread #2 so far. We do know that there were 6 referrals to CPS from late 2009 into 2010.

The original search included a 20 block area.

Julia called Stan in the immediate period after Sky's disappearance and he stated that "he's hoping they'll find the child."

FBI interviews with neighbors on 11/8/11, went through dumpsters. Ariana Burrow was interviewed but said she didn't know JB or Sky.

During the 11/8/11 media briefing, Major Johnson indicated that the parents were not persons of interest but that someone close to the family knows what happened.

First reported that JB refused to take a polygraph during this period of time as well.

Trying to get through but there were so many negative comments back in the early days of this case towards Solomon, I'm having to stop and take breaks to clear my head.

Adrienne ~ I'm sorry your thread is so hard to digest. I'm glad we're actually *doing* something to help Sky, though!

I finished thread #5. I already posted my thoughts about JB being unusually focused on her children's potential for illness (I drew that line of thought from something our dear Wenwe posted in that thread). Aside from that, here's what I've got:

There were some theories that JB might have used melatonin to help get the kids to sleep since she was into an organic/homeopathic lifestyle.

Also, on the NG show, NG asked LE what they had found in the trash at JB’s apartment. LE wouldn’t answer. She asked if they’d found diapers and LE would not respond. NG said she’ll take that as a ‘no.’

Gitana's break-down of the flickr photo account: "714 include M. 362 include Sky. That means, Sky was featured 50% less times than his sister was, in photos taken only after he was born. 449 photos included M without her brother Sky. 107 photos included Sky without his sister M. That means Sky is featured solo 23% of the time and M 77% of the time."

Members of JB’s inner circle and family have been speaking w/ LE and don’t want it announced that they are cooperating with LE. I'm thinking SO but I'm hoping that SB and NB are also speaking with LE.

M has been talking -- I bet she has a wealth of information to spill. That's one smart little girl.

DNA tests were taken from swabs at JB’s apartment.

Potential place to search: Cougar Mountain Regional Park. Someone local posted this suggestion but did not give any reason other than its proximity to Bellevue. Do others on this thread have reason to believe CMRP is a good place to search?

I will claim thread #8 and wade through that!

Here's the run-down of thread assignments again:

Rougelatete: Thread #1

Adrienne37: Thread #2

Wenwe4: Thread #3

Maedlamsmom: Thread #4

Rougelatete: Thread #5

SurfieTX: Thread #6

Mld5557: Thread #7

Rougelatete: Thread #8

Well, I got my cake and coffee and the little one is still sleeping. Apparently, she is crashing hard from all of those chocolate bunnies, so here we go again...I tried to bold my personal comments this time for clarity.

1. According to LE, via presser, JB was answering every question, but through her lawyer, even as early as the 11/9/11 presser.

2. Quote from 11/9/11 presser:
No I can't provide information about the 911 call, but I can go and transcribe it later.

Was this ever done??

3. Written descriptions of Law and Order episode.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/law-order-s...195700797.html

http://allthingslawandorder.blogspot.com/2011/10/law-order-svu-missing-pieces-recap.html

4. Clarification on trash:
Police have not conducted searches at area landfills, Johnson said. They would not rule out further searches if evidence pointed investigators in that direction, and Johnson confirmed that police have made inquiries about where trash is taken from Biryukova's neighborhood. Sources told KING 5 News Wednesday that authorities had visited two garbage transfer stations and a landfill on Tuesday -- the Houghton Transfer Station in Kirkland and the Factoria Transfer Station in Bellevue, as well as the Cedar Hills landfill where garbage that passes through those facilities is buried.

5. Vehicle was a 1998 Acura Integra three-door coupe. Hadn't thought of this before, but wouldn't it be kind of difficult to place Sky in the back seat of a coup while he is sleeping and wrapped in a blanket without exposing his face? IMO.*

6. Article about their church.
http://kirkland.patch.com/listings/the-city-church
I was thinking that it may be worth our time to do some research as to any past church outings/picnics. Any areas that held happier times for the family that were also connected, in JB's mind, with her faith (ha!). These could be viable search areas.

7. Per links Britskate found regarding filicide (post #356)

Many of the cases in our sample involved women with multiple, severe stressors, including financial problems, housing problems, ongoing domestic violence, worsening mental illness, limited social support, conflict with family members other than sexual partners, and serving as primary caregiver for at least one young child. These stressors have been identified as motivating in studies of maternal filicide. Perhaps because of or in addition to these stressors, one in three women in the sample (psychotic and nonpsychotic) had severe conflict with the father of their children within days of the filicide.

One mother of two was in the midst of a custody dispute with the father that involved only one of the children (whom she believed would be in danger from the father). She killed only the child involved in the dispute and herself.

8. Not sure if I never knew this or just forgot, but it is interesting. I am sure that they searched the area around where the car was found throughly, but still, makes me wonder about why she chose that particular place to stop the car.

"Sam Metalwala, Solomon's brother, said Sky's mother once had an apartment in the neighborhood where the car was found on Sunday and that she may have been there because it was a familiar place."

http://www.king5.com/news/cities/bel...age=4#comments

... He said an email sent by Biryukova to a friend Sunday morning is the only evidence police have that Sky was ill.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016724529_missing10m.HTML

Stull said CPS will run background checks on Metalwala's family members to see if placement with a relative is suitable. Stull said that none of Biryukova's relatives have offered to take M.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...issing10m.html
I have to believe that JB's family knows a LOT more than they are saying.

11. From the 11/10/11 presser:

No evidence to believe that he is any further away from the apartment or where the car was left.

Small storage locker associated with the apartment that was searched and there was no evidentiary value.

12. Some of the amenities of her apartment complex,Veloce Apartments, are
"controlled access buildings with reserved underground parking" and
"A technologically advanced community with fiber optics wired to each home".
Have we heard from LE about security cams??

"Biryukova has hired a new attorney -- Robert Flennaugh, a Seattle lawyer who specializes in criminal defense law."

http://www.king5.com/news/Missing-bo...133499358.html

From *Pharmchick post #553:

Any locals listen to the Ron and Don show? I caught it yesterday on my way home from work, and they were discussing the case extensively. They were talking about how JB has hired a new criminal defense attorney who is known in Seattle for being a "dirtbag lawyer." (Not name calling, their words, not mine - however, when they listed the types of cases he was bragging about defending, I don't entirely disagree.) They were reading verbatim from the guy's website, and after doing some searching, I found this:

http://www.flennaughlaw.com/index.html

Seriously, go to his website and click on "view case results." Why on earth would you need a lawyer with this background because your "child is missing"? Yes, yes, I know that these lawyers exist because we all deserve the best defense possible... But this guy seems to all but brag about getting guilty people's charges dismissed.

14. Lots of discussion regarding JB's homeopathic treatment choices and the such.

Ugh, reading through all of that makes me realize how little we have learned since the early days of the case...

Re your #8, Maedlamsmom: I suspect JB chose that spot to abandon her car because a) she was familiar with that route and b) there were no security cameras to capture footage of her abandoned car (and, therefore, no evidence against her alibi).

ETA: Re your #12: We know Veloce Apartments have a FoB key system that tracks your moves throughout the building (i.e. when you enter the front door of the building, the parking garage, etc). There is an unsubstantiated report that JB's FoB was used to enter the garage in the early morning hours of November 4th.

This was originally posted by SmoothOperator. I'd like to bump it to this thread in the event that it might help us sleuth more:

Bringing the Timeline Forward..

2003- Julia and Solomon were married

2007- MM was born

2008- 5 yrs into their marriage SM witnessed Julia demonstrating strange/odd behaviors. Julia has had a fixation on her mother. Love/hate and on/off relationship. With Julia sending many verbally abusive emails to her mom.. But then when Julia needed someone she would go to mom who even tho Julia had treated her badly she was always there for Julia when she needed her.

2008- included in that strange/odd behavior was the severe OCD rituals that began.*the small toddler then forced to sleep til 2pm so that Julia would have no responsibility of caring for her child and when she would awake in the afternoon the father was called upon (while working to earn the only income for the family) to meet his daughter's basic need of being hungry.. It is this schedule and his having to establish an arrangement that would allow for him to ensure his child's well being led to his hiring an employee when the funds obviously were not there to do so.. This allowing him to leave in the afternoons and get to the home to pick up his daughter and take her to eat at a place he found to be the healthiest choice for her in restaurants.. They not allowed back in the home til the midnight hours.. Julia had zero connection to MM and refused to be responsible for anything whatsoever in the child's life..(both family and friends were aware of how SM had to rearrange his schedule in order to care for MM)

Mid to latter 2008- Julia agreed to get help, including admitting what control the OCD had over her(refer to page of declaration court doc for her detailed acct) and sought treatment from Dr. Reddy Seritha who diagnosed her with depression/OCD and placed her on medication. During this time there was marked improvement of Julia and it was at this point that Sky was conceived. At some point in the pregnancy she stopped taking the meds AMA.. This was not known immediately..

But by March 2009- (with Julia still pregnant with Sky) she had once again spiraled downhill and agreed to go see Dr. Katerina Rebova who diagnosed her as bi-polar and upheld the dx of depression/OCD- she was prescribed medication along with behavioral treatment as well.. Julia did not improve due to her unwilling to try the behavioral treatments the dr was ordering.. She wanted to only take a pill.. Thus she switched from med to med in search of a pill to help..

Summer 2009- *still pregnant Julia now insisted they had to move from their beautiful home(1 yr old) back to the condo. SM complied.

Sept 2009- Sky was born. *And Julia now insisted they must move back home for her comfort in handling things. SM complied. SM took off 2 mos to help care for Sky and MM from Sept-Nov.

November 2009- Julia once again insisted due to her comfort level that they must again move back to the condo. SM complied.

November*2009- when SM returned to work at their store he had to make arrangements thru various means for him to be able to work, bringing in the families only income, as well as still make sure his children's needs are being met. That meant having to leave work by early afternoon to feed and meet the needs of the children.*This was when the OCD was at such an extreme that dad and the children were only allowed in the home in the extremely late night hours and that once allowed inside they had to all 3 await only in the foyer until receiving the permission of Julia to each one at a time walk directly into the bathroom change out of their clothes and prepare for bed, Solomon was last to be allowed in the bathroom to change for bed to where Solomon, MM, and Sky were only allowed to go into the living room where they all had to sleep on the living room room floor due to Julia's having deemed the perfectly made beds as "the perfect place" which meant they were not allowed to be touched much less slept on.. So the 3 slept in LR floor, while Julia stayed up all night washing the separate loads of each of the 3 of theirs clothes as they were made to wear the exact clothes everyday that Julia would wash every night, separately as she had forbidden allowance into the clothing closets as she had them specially arranged and deemed as untouchable, do not open!! While they all slept on the floor at night Julia stayed up doing the loads of laundry as well as scouring the entire square inch of the bathroom she had allowed each of them one by one to change clothes and prepare for bed on the LR floor..

March 2010- Julia rarely left the home. The suicidal ideations had begun as well as the extremely unhealthy "parroting" began btwn Julia and MM.. MM began to repeat everything *mommy said including known to say repeatedly "I'm going to kill myself!" just like Julia did.

Spring 2010- *Julia was threatening extreme harm to herself as well as telling that she was having reoccurring dreams of harming the children, specifically strangling Sky. At this point SM called in authorities who after meeting with Julia in the home they decided it best she be taken in for 3 days to Navos Institution for an involuntary commitment of 72hours..*after the 3day involuntary commitment Julia, herself agreed she needed help and was "voluntarily"was checked into UofW for battery of tests and professional help. Julia during here stay at UofW stated that she wanted help.
*note that it has been stated that this "voluntary" is usually just semantics and is actually most times "involuntary" but the patient agrees to comply voluntarily so there is not a court record of the patient being involuntarily committed.(not sure the exact way that Julia's treatment was done)

Spring 2010- while Julia was hospitalized everything finally caved in financially and they lost their home and condo forcing SM and the 2 children to live with SM's mom/family. It was during this separation from Julia while inpatient that SM slowly began to realize the true depths of what he and his children were merely existing in their day to day lives with Julia.. Also important note that at this time SM did not file for divorce, nor did he ever attempt to keep the children from Julia.

Summer 2010- Julia was discharged from hospital and was living at her mom's part of this time, as well as at S. Owens part of this time.*

3 weeks after Julia was discharged- while living with S. Owens the 2 of them(JB and SO) decided they thought it best that the children should be living there with Julia full time. And immediately began the brutal fight for that custody.

Summer 2010- IT IS ONLY AT THIS POINT DID SM REACH OUT FOR COUNSEL AND FILED DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE.. important too to note this man never attempted to take these children away from Julia, and leave her without them .. Never has SM attempted such..

July 2010- Julia started the false allegations and as we see she upped the ante with each new false charge.. In July 2010 she filed that SM had physically assaulted her that was UNFOUNDED AND DISMISSED BY THE COURTS...
*also noted that by July 2010 Julia was seeing J.S. Health professional who continued to vouch for her being able and fit as a parent to THe courts*

September 27, 2010- both SM and JB appeared before the court and the courts saw fit to render shared custody btwn the two parents. SM was fine with that, but Julia was furious!*

Less than 1 week later- after the court awarded joint/shared custody Julia again contacted LE with baseless, fictitious claims.. This time alleging that SM was planning to take MM from her out of state.. SM was contacted by authorities given the case number and assured it would be dismissed.. As it was. That made the second time in two months that Julia had filed baseless charges that the court dismissed.

October 2010- Julia makes the tapes of the extremely disturbing exchanges, one named "Exchange from Hell".. Extremely disturbing to listen. (the link to these recordings in earlier Sky threads)

November 2010- due to severe financial strain SM stated that he would be late with that months spousal/child payment.

December 2010- SM PAID THE LATE PAYMENT JUST AS HE PROMISED HE WOULD. nonetheless Julia filed a motion to have him held in contempt of court for that late payment.. Along with filed a modification for spousal support stating she wanted $500.00 more per month from SM. As well as filed the most damaging false claims of all.. Charges that SM had physically assaulted both Sky and MM, as well as sexually assaulted MM. This including Julia having made wounds/bruises on the children and photographed them as evidence that SM inflicted the abuse. SM passed LDT that he had not abused or inflicted the wounds/bruises on his children.
Due to the extensive investigation that must be done when allegations such as this are filed it is this that is the sole cause for SM having last seen either of his children on December 10, 2010.

3 days prior to Sky's disappearance- Both SM and JB attended the mediation where it was finally decided to reunite this father slowly back into his children's lives. ONCE AGAIN THOSE ALLEGATIONS OF PHYSICAL/SEXUAL ABUSE WERE UNFOUNDED AND DISMISSED BY THE COURTS. SM finally was about to start to re establish a relationship with his two children.(sadly that likely will never happen and it will remain That 12/10/2010 was the last time this father ever saw his son, Sky)

November 6, 2011- Sky was last seen by mom, Julia at 9am when she left him alone, strapped in his car seat, on the side of a road in mom's unlocked 1998 Acura In Bellevue, WA

Julia called Stan in the immediate period after Sky's disappearance and he stated that "he's hoping they'll find the child."

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

I had not thought this way before, but this in addition to rereading thread 4, is making me believe that her family helped her in some way. And, I mean PRIOR, to her reporting Sky missing but after having harmed Sky. Either that or I am drawing parallels between Sky's and Ayla's cases (her dad's family appears to be covering for each other).

Another statement from LE was that they were looking from cooperation from two other people, whom they would not name. It was in thread 4, too. Mom and brother?? Maybe we need to start looking around his apartment and stomping grounds. I know, I know. He is NOT a poi. And this is all my own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie