Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the water around where ABC was found has been searched by divers for her phone? (Sorry if already answered, can't keep up)

I don't remember seeing anything mentioned, but they probably have done that.

I remember posting something about her phone being thrown into a supermarket bin and was criticised for saying this... It will now be interesting to see what happened at the roundabout for them to want witnesses. Obviously something significant happened here.

I also hope the kids of Kenmore High are aware of the missing phone as some kid could have seen an ipone on the ground, picked it up thinking 'awesome iPhone,' only to discover its broken and threw it somewhere else. There's nearly 2000 kids there so you never know.

I presume they are still looking for the phone.

Also, I wonder if any blood tests will show if a person is taking medication, like antidepressant or anti anxiety medication. Because I'm sure at the hospital they would have at least considered medicating him. Also, could the effects of any medication have affected his behaviour while being interviewed by the media where his behaviour seemed weird?

This post is not just a response to AllyG's post above, I am addressing anyone who thinks that some or all of GBC'c bad or weird behaviour was caused by a "breakdown" or psychiatric medication. I feel passionate about this topic. But, It's hard to know where to start.

Anyone who had committed a heinous crime like this one - particularly if he feels the law breathing down his neck is likely to feel somewhat anxious, be off their tucker, sleep badly, etc. This does not mean that he is mentally ill. In fact, it would be odd if he did feel fine.

A lot of people would be very happy if their mental health problems could be managed with a 2-day admission to a psych ward. Off the top of my head, I can't say what % of Australians from all walks of life take antidepressents, but it is very high and includes many many people who are able to live demanding and productive lives because of antidepressents - not despite them.

So pleeease think long & hard before tarnishing the image of people with genuine mental illness by lumping them in the same boat as GBC.

That is true, It took six weeks for my anti depressants to show signs of happier times.

I really don't think ( if GBC is being honest) that half an hour was too bad to make a report to police.. My ex husband and i had a huge argument a couple of days before we broke up. He went for a drive to calm down and said he would be back in a few minutes. He didn't come back so i got on to the police assistance line straight away (because i was so worried). I know everyone is different how they work things but if i had a feeling my other half was gone missing i would ring straight away. And lucky i did ring quick enough because the police had found that he rolled his car at Razorback (which is in Sydney)

I really don't think ( if GBC is being honest) that half an hour was too bad to make a report to police.. My ex husband and i had a huge argument a couple of days before we broke up. He went for a drive to calm down and said he would be back in a few minutes. He didn't come back so i got on to the police assistance line straight away (because i was so worried). I know everyone is different how they work things but if i had a feeling my other half was gone missing i would ring straight away. And lucky i did ring quick enough because the police had found that he rolled his car at Razorback (which is in Sydney)

But did you call 000 or your local station?

In some cases overseas, the trial has been moved to another jurisdiction and jury selection has been from other areas not directly connected to the crime. Is that possible in Australia or does the trial happen in the jurisdiction no matter what? Does anybody know?

The trial is always in the jurisdiction that the crime was committed. If this goes to trial it will be in the Brisbane Supreme Court.

Thank you for saying that Bobbie Elliot, I feel very strongly about this issue as well. Those with psychiatric conditions are stigmatised enough as it is.

Have a few comments/responses so thought I’d just list them all in point format.

1. On the roundabout – I did wonder whether a vehicle switch was made here, but there isn’t anywhere to pull up/off at the roundabout itself. You would have to pull in to either the shopping centre carpark on the left or the little side-lane that runs along-side the roundabout (travelling inbound from Khollo creek). Incidentally, if you wanted to attempt to avoid the camera, you would use this side-lane as it bypasses the roundabout and takes you directly onto Brookfield rd. (I'm not sure where the 2nd camera is located though but I have heard it is there)

2. On the testing conducted at the roundabout on Friday night – I still can’t understand why timing is relevant. The time it would take to drive to or from location A to B is easily calculated without needing to actually drive a vehicle on the route. In both instances you are estimating the probable speed as well. There is either some other reason we haven’t thought of yet or it’s simply ‘mind-games’ going on.

3. On the question of taking the roundabout route rather than using Rafting Ground rd to drive OUT to Khollo creek – If you took Rafting Ground road, you ending up at a set of traffic lights which you would have to stop at and wait for a light change. These traffic lights are only triggered (to change from red to green) if a car pulls up here. These traffic lights are very well-lit at night and it’s an extremely open area - everyone can see you - you would stand out like a sore thumb!

4. On the condition of the body – It was reported that there were no visible signs of ‘foul play’ (rather than ‘trauma’). To me this suggests no visible gunshot wounds, stab/cut wounds or such. I don’t think broken bones would be classed as signs of ‘foul play’??

5. About the partner and the $300,000 loan – this report reads “His company, Settle Westside, took out a $300,000 loan with a former business partner in December 2011. The business partner now works for a competing real estate agency.”

http://www.news.com.au/life-and-career-built-on-honesty/story-e6freoof-1226340594889

I think we may all be confusing the 'business partner' with the 'mistress' - they could be 2 different people.....unless it has been reported somewhere??

There are so many good questions and thoughts being raised by everyone, it’s almost hard to get your mind to follow through on each one! I think it’s great that everyone feels comfortable with voicing (posting) their thoughts. I was trying to remember where I have read/heard the saying along the lines of – when something seems complicated and complex sometimes the explanation/reason is the simplest.

This is interesting...

Traffic was stopped for about 20 minutes on Friday night so police could time a white vehicle going around the Kenmore roundabout, and driving up Brookfield Rd, where the victim lived.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...cus-on-road-clue/story-e6freon6-1226347683137

Was the car going around really slowly, so trying to ascertain an average speed it may have been travelling for the total trip from the house to the dumping site??

What if GBC and ABC had an argument for who knows what reason (affair, finances or any of the other suggestions that have been put forward). He tries to grab her and hold her and she gets upset and scratches at his face and chest. It calms down a bit, she goes to watch tv, GBC doesn't want to deal with it and goes off to bed last seeing her watch tv. She is sitting there upset and angry watching tv and decides to go for a walk to clear her head. And I know this is a long shot and no-one wants to hear it but...

WHAT IF

She does go for a walk and is attacked by a completely unrelated person or hit by a car and taken by this person and dumped. Do you think this possible? Can anyone be 100% sure that GBD was involved.

Also, what if GBC was not 100% about the time and thought it was 10 pm he saw her but in fact it was a bit earlier say 9.30 pm that he went to bed and ABC was emotional and walked off to cool down after an argument. Could she have walked to where the screams were reported.

As I said unlikely but no-one seems to be putting out any possibilities not realated to GBC. Just some thoughts anyway will happily take criticism.

I know this is a long shot but could it be possible. For the girls I'm hoping that the father is not involved although my stomach and heart tell me different :(

Re: Moggill2 and timing at roundabout. They are able to do an estimate of the time it takes to drive distances, but generally they aren't at the fastest possible speed (for instance).

I believe it was Gangitano's murder in Templestowe. They conducted numerous tests to see if Jason Moran (correct me if I'm wrong) could get from Gangitano's house to a bottle shop where he bought alcohol from (he knew they had cameras). After a massive amount of trials they finally realised it could be done in # of minutes.

I have been reading all day where I left it last night and some interesting topics and theories have been discussed....One thing that has never been queried is what in fact GBC did all day on the Thursday..
Was he at work?
Did he meet with clients?
Who did he see that day?
Did he meet with his Mistress?
Did he pick the kids up?
WHAT WAS GBC DO ON THURSDAY...HOW DID HIS DAY START AND END?

Another theory on the round about question was that maybe ABC told someone she was heading towards the Roundabout and this happened at a particular time just before 10...Maybe they were timing how long it would take her to get home from when she told someone she was there until the time she got home??

RE: The Conference...It is possible that ABC and GBC were planning to go together and this is why she had arranged a sleepover for her children because maybe they had planned to stay overnight or have dinner and wouldn't be back until late??

With the age range of the children I would imagine that they were staying with close friends or relatives because why would all 3 girls go to a sleepover presuming that they were all going to the one house? I think both ABC and GBC had planned to be out that night til late otherwise one of them would of picked the children up or would of just stayed home with them??

I still believe that Mr BC SNR has some knowledge of the events...

Can someone tell me the significance of having BWANA number plates and also do we know what Mr BC SNR did for a living?

GBC's Sister really has a lot to lose in this because her husband has built his reputation on being a trustworthy Minister and a God loving citizen....How does someone like this detract themselves form this situation?

WHAT IF
... or hit by a car and taken by this person and dumped. Do you think this possible?

As I said unlikely but no-one seems to be putting out any possibilities not realated to GBC(

I am sure we have explored these other scenarios. If she were hit by a MV and dumped it would be unprecedented. People run.

also, what if bbc picked abc up after hair appt(if she had one) drove her to dumping ground so they could talk away from the children, argued violently, accidently killed her, panicked and dumped her body, all in the time frame between 7pm and 8pm, then drove home,maybe telling the children mummy is out and will be home later, then when children asleep, between 11pm and 4am drove back to salon to collect her car, is the salon near the roundabout? then maybe walking back to collect his car? just another idea

What if GBC and ABC had an argument for who knows what reason (affair, finances or any of the other suggestions that have been put forward). He tries to grab her and hold her and she gets upset and scratches at his face and chest. It calms down a bit, she goes to watch tv, GBC doesn't want to deal with it and goes off to bed last seeing her watch tv. She is sitting there upset and angry watching tv and decides to go for a walk to clear her head. And I know this is a long shot and no-one wants to hear it but...

WHAT IF

She does go for a walk and is attacked by a completely unrelated person or hit by a car and taken by this person and dumped. Do you think this possible? Can anyone be 100% sure that GBD was involved.

Also, what if GBC was not 100% about the time and thought it was 10 pm he saw her but in fact it was a bit earlier say 9.30 pm that he went to bed and ABC was emotional and walked off to cool down after an argument. Could she have walked to where the screams were reported.

As I said unlikely but no-one seems to be putting out any possibilities not realated to GBC. Just some thoughts anyway will happily take criticism.

I know this is a long shot but could it be possible. For the girls I'm hoping that the father is not involved although my stomach and heart tell me different :(

Someone did suggest this earlier, about the possibilty of a being hit by a car and then dumped.
We were then reminded of the house being the crime scene and their cars being impounded and searched. So I guess that's what makes it unlikely. Given the info that has been released it would appear that it was someone that was involved with the family in some way.

There have been no calls for people to be looking out for a car with damage or an altercation where a woman was dragged in to a car etc.

But yes I find it interesting that the majority of the theories include GBC. For the kids sake I hope it wasn't him...

Can someone tell me the significance of having BWANA number plates and also do we know what Mr BC SNR did for a living?

Coolcat, Bwana is a term that Africans use when referring to their "boss". Having come from Rhodesia, I can tell you that it doesn't sit well with me that he uses that term on his number plates. It infers he is the "boss man", top cocky, master. All terms that do not belong in Australian society.

also, what if bbc picked abc up after hair appt(if she had one) drove her to dumping ground so they could talk away from the children, argued violently, accidently killed her, panicked and dumped her body, all in the time frame between 7pm and 8pm, then drove home,maybe telling the children mummy is out and will be home later, then when children asleep, between 11pm and 4am drove back to salon to collect her car, is the salon near the roundabout? then maybe walking back to collect his car? just another idea

I'd say that's plausable and the argument in the house could have been with BC snr and it was he who helped get the car?

WHAT IF

Unfortunately it is hard not to include GBC as the main suspect. The first police to arrive after he reported her missing saw something that troubled them.

I'm thinking that they argued (for whatever reason) and she was assaulted and fled the home fearing her safety. Her assailant/s followed in a white car and found her at or near the round-a-bout and forced her into the car.

What the first police on the scene saw is unknown. Blood? Signs of a struggle? How did they know she was dead before they found her body?

Coolcat, Bwana is a term that Africans use when referring to their "boss". Having come from Rhodesia, I can tell you that it doesn't sit well with me that he uses that term on his number plates. It infers he is the "boss man", top cocky, master. All terms that do not belong in Australian society.

Oh my, say's a lot about his personality...

WHAT IF

He stated she was watching the Footy Show (i don't watch it, hence don't know at what time the Footy Show starts). Also, the house is on acreage. If she left the house to cool down, she would have probably just walked outside around their property, maybe up the driveway upto the road, but not further. A poster said it was very cold that night and following morning, therefore it is strange that she was not wearing a jumper (if she want for a walk). Her parents and best friend believed right from the word go that this was all very strange, out of character for her. The police suspected foul play from the beginning. They have never appealed for info regarding any other cars or strange people in that area, etc.

The police know who did it and are just getting their case together, waiting for the release of the cause of death. It was reported yesterday that they already have the autopsy results, but not the cause of death, probably waiting for toxicology and tissue analysis. The autopsy must be supporting their case, otherwise they would have now appealed for info from the public about any new things. They are not publicly excluding the husband. They know the public is mostly thinking the husband is the culprit and am sure they would pretty quickly announce if is NOT a person of interest. They haven't done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine