Notes Of Sympathy For Tawni's Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teresa Larson

Reaction score
Please post any and all notes of sympathy here for Tawni's family to read. :)

I am so grateful to have been one of those who took your baby into my heart and into my life. My heart goes out to each and every one of you who have just learned of Tawni's fate in the past few days. I thank heaven that she has a family that loved and missed her all these years, and who now know what we here have known for so long. May you all find peace in the coming days and may our sweet little Tawni finally rest in peace as well. I wish you all the strength to get through this.

It pains me deeply how Tawni's identity came to be. And because of the way you found out, action is being taken so that other family's won't have to wait you had to. While you may be in pain having to deal with discovering Tawni's passing. It is through her identity that will open the eyes of many sitting in Washington DC. I hope that provides some comfort to you.

Please know that you're deep in my thoughts and prayers.

Broken chain

Little I knew that morning,
God was going to call your name,
In life we loved you dearly,
In death we do the same.

It broke our hearts to lose you,
You did not go alone,
For part of me went with you,
The day God called you home.

You left us beautiful memories
Your love is still our guide,
And though we cannot see you,
You are always by our side.

Our family chain is broken,
And nothing seems the same,
But as God calls us one by one,
The chain will link again

(author unknown)

Thank you for this thread, TL.

First of all, I just want to say that it feels so good to know that Tawni had a family who cared for her and missed her very much after all these years, and that she was surrounded by a wholeness of unconditional love in life. I wish it didn't have to be solved this way, but I am so glad that I got to participate in the search for an identity for Maricopa Jane Doe- Miss Tawni Lee Mazonne. Tawni's "case" became very personal to me very quickly. I can't even express how happy I am that your baby has been brought home to you. I will pray that the Lord gives you strength and guidance to get through this difficult time together. We appreciate you becoming members and sharing Tawni's memories and pictures with us, it means so much.

Rest in peace our sweet Tawni Lee.

Tawni will never be forgotten. She will be in my heart forever. I share in your loss. She was like one of my own and always will be. God Bless All of You.

My Silent Tear.

Each night I shed a silent tear,
As I speak to you in prayer.
To let you know I love you,
And just how much I care.
Take my million teardrops,
Wrap them up in love,
Then ask the wind to carry them,
To you in heaven above.

I want you all to know that although we never met Tawni in life, we truly feel as if we got to know her, and love her. Such a beautiful life, taken too early. It never should have been that way, and I'm truly sorry. While it comforts me to know that she was missed, it also makes it harder in a way to know you all were out there looking and we just couldn't find you. I hope you know that although she didn't have a name all these years, she was never forgotten, never alone, and never unloved.

I remember my first night reading this case like it happened yesterday. While I was reading through the information, a song came on that seemed to ring so true. Everytime I hear that song, my thoughts immediately come back here. The song is Lost by Michael Buble. I also listened to it as I spent hours with my face pressed up against Photoshop trying to give life back to her to try to get her recognized. Here are the words, and a link to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvNSI4-PV8s

I can't believe it's over
I watched the whole thing fall
And I never saw the writing was on the wall
If I only knew
Days were slipping past
That the good things never last
That you were crying

Summer turned to winter
And the snow, it turned to rain
Then the rain turned into
tears upon your face
I hardly recognized the girl you are today
And God I hope it's not too late
It's not too late
'Cause you are not alone
I'm always there with you
And we'll get lost together
Till the light comes pouring through
'Cause when you feel like you're done
And the darkness has won
Babe you're not lost
When your world's crashing down
And you can't bear the thought
I said, babe, you're not lost

Life can show no mercy
It can tear your soul apart
It can make you feel like you've gone crazy
But you're not
Though things have seem to change
There's one thing that's still the same
In my heart you have remained
And we can fly fly fly away

'Cause you are not alone
And I am there with you
And we'll get lost together
Till the light comes pouring through
'Cause when you feel like you're done
And the darkness has won
Babe, you're not lost
When the world's crashing down
And you can not bear the thought
I said, baby, you're not lost

My deepest sympathies to all of you who knew and loved Tawni in real life. I can't imagine the pain you've endured the past 9 1/2 years of not knowing where she was, and the shock and loss you must be feeling now - your family will be in my prayers.

May Tawni Lee rest in peace now, knowing that she was never forgotten and always loved - by many!!!

And, as another posted said,
VASHLEY88 said:
We appreciate you becoming members and sharing Tawni's memories and pictures with us, it means so much.
I agree - I can now remember Tawni as the beautiful young girl she was. Thank you for coming here and sharing your Tawni with us.

This is an old hymn from 1905 that has always brought me great comfort-somehow it seems to fit for Tawni.

Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;

Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;

Tawni was never alone at the end. This is what my faith tells me-she was cradled, comforted and loved so please, please dear family be at peace.

To Tawni's family and loved ones, I only recently came to websleuths and therefore learned of your beautiful girl. This is my first post.
I am so terribly sorry that you all lost Tawni and I can not imagine the pain of wondering for so many years what happened to her. I hope that you will be able to begin to heal knowing that she is and has been a bright light in the universe, and that it will give you some peace.

After the recent, sudden death of my 8 year old niece, I heard someone say that when you lose a spouse your called a widow, when you lose a parent, your called an orphan but when you lose a child, there is no word because the pain is so deep. I believe this so true. All of us who spent countless hours trying to find the id of your precious daughter wanted her family to find her. We would each take the pain away for you if we could. When any family finds out the worst possible news about a loved one, our hearts break. Our family, in Auburn,AL is praying for you.

My heartfelt condolensces to you and your family. I have a 17 year old daughter as well and when I came home on Thursday I gave her a huge hug and told her that Tawni was found. She knew who I was talking about becaue she knew of the story. I'm so glad to know that you know Tawni was loved by many here at WS and their determination prevailed in the end. Much love to you all!

There are mixed emotions...happiness that you now know what has happened to your daughter and are no longer in limbo, but sad that she was killed and that it took so long for you to find her. My heart hurts for each of you who loved Tawni...and rejoices that she will be home with her loved ones at last.

God Bless you and give you special blessings in the days ahead.

My heart aches and my eyes are tearing up as I sit here trying to come up with the words to say to the family of a beautiful young girl whose life was taken before it had the chance to truely begin. Tawni was loved by many, who knew her and also those of us who wanted to know who this girl was/is. I will say that I love Tawni(even before I knew who she was) as she was only a year younger than I am now when her life was taken. I envision her now sitting upon a cloud smiling down on us and flying high up with the angels waiting until the day all of us will get the chance to see her once again. I pray that she is at peace and that you her family finally has the closure you need for your beautiful girl. I am heartbroken when anything like this happens and know that as long as there are so many people who care about solving these cases that we will all come together and put another name with a face, thanks to you we have bigger hope for identifiing these people. Tawni will always remain in my (an I am sure many others) hearts and walk with us daily reminding us of why we all get up and come to websleuths each day. As for me she will be with me and give me even more strength to finish my schooling and go out and catch the horrible people who cause pain like this to so many others as well as solving these cases and giving so many people the peace/justice they deserve. She is my inspiration and I will think of her every moment of everyday as she walks with me in my hopes and dreams. May you be at peace with your loss and may she Rest in Peace and fly with the angels forevermore. God Bless!

My heart aches and my eyes are tearing up as I sit here trying to come up with the words to say to the family of a beautiful young girl whose life was taken before it had the chance to truely begin. Tawni was loved by many, who knew her and also those of us who wanted to know who this girl was/is. I will say that I love Tawni(even before I knew who she was) as she was only a year younger than I am now when her life was taken. I envision her now sitting upon a cloud smiling down on us and flying high up with the angels waiting until the day all of us will get the chance to see her once again. I pray that she is at peace and that you her family finally has the closure you need for your beautiful girl. I am heartbroken when anything like this happens and know that as long as there are so many people who care about solving these cases that we will all come together and put another name with a face, thanks to you we have bigger hope for identifiing these people. Tawni will always remain in my (an I am sure many others) hearts and walk with us daily reminding us of why we all get up and come to websleuths each day. As for me she will be with me and give me even more strength to finish my schooling and go out and catch the horrible people who cause pain like this to so many others as well as solving these cases and giving so many people the peace/justice they deserve. She is my inspiration and I will think of her every moment of everyday as she walks with me in my hopes and dreams. May you be at peace with your loss and may she Rest in Peace and fly with the angels forevermore. God Bless!

Excellent post! IMO. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

My biggest prayer in all of this is that people are inspired...sleuthers, runaways, parents....focus the energy on changing the laws.

Had she been listed, we would have been through this long ago.

Go get 'em gracie! Pursue your dreams to work in this field and let us watch you go through this knowing that WS and experience on these cases was your inspiration.

Hurry up....I want access to all those databases ;) I know you will do projects for me privately once you are 'in'...I CAN'T WAIT! lol!

Tawni will always be a part of our family here. Her memory will serve to inspire us as we strive to bring more of the lost home. We will honor her memory with every search, every call, every minute spent trying to find a name or a home for all those that are out there, still waiting.
Its been said that Tawni was a fan of Boys II Men...I can't think of a more fitting song for what I'm feeling at this moment.

Bless you, Tawni, and all the members of her family who cared for and loved her.

How do I say goodbye to what we had?
The good times that made us laugh
Outweigh the bad...

I thought we'd get to see forever
But forever's gone away
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

I don't know where this road
Is going to lead
All I know is where we've been
And what we've been through.

If we get to see tomorrow
I hope it's worth all the wait

And I'll take with me the memories
To be my sunshine after the rain

And I'll take with me
The memories
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday...

Very good post! That was very moving. I, too am only a year or two older than Tawni was, and I think that's a major reason why her case became so personal to me. Everytime I thought about Tawni, I imagined what her life was probably like prior to that fateful day. That she was probably just a regular teenager like me, who liked the same music and hated school (lol, maybe). As many have said before, this was a very bittersweet ending for Tawni's family. I am so glad that her family finally has closure after all of these years, but I wish it didn't have to end this way. When I see her pictures I just want to grab her and protect her, and tell her how much I wish I could have helped her. If only I was a little older and living in Phoenix at that time.. I could've been there to make a difference that day. But I suppose I have to live on with the fact that I was at least a small part of solving the identity of this beautiful young woman, Tawni Lee Mazzone. I feel like a different person when I go to sleep at night, and I wake up with less anxiety and tension knowing that she is finally resting a peace in the arms of the Lord.

Her birthday is coming up..

Excellent post! IMO. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

My biggest prayer in all of this is that people are inspired...sleuthers, runaways, parents....focus the energy on changing the laws.

Had she been listed, we would have been through this long ago.

Go get 'em gracie! Pursue your dreams to work in this field and let us watch you go through this knowing that WS and experience on these cases was your inspiration.

Hurry up....I want access to all those databases ;) I know you will do projects for me privately once you are 'in'...I CAN'T WAIT! lol!

Christine,
Under your name it says "WS has changed the way I 'walk' in this world, how do I get something put under my name?

Also, yes ws and many of the cases here have given me the insiration (as well as many of the posters and the mods and definatly the ones that I call Family) to be passionate about changing the world one step at a time. I will definatly be helping in any and every way once I am finished with school to solve the cases we have here and many others!

Tawni will always be a part of our family here. Her memory will serve to inspire us as we strive to bring more of the lost home. We will honor her memory with every search, every call, every minute spent trying to find a name or a home for all those that are out there, still waiting.
Its been said that Tawni was a fan of Boys II Men...I can't think of a more fitting song for what I'm feeling at this moment.

Bless you, Tawni, and all the members of her family who cared for and loved her.

How do I say goodbye to what we had?
The good times that made us laugh
Outweigh the bad...

I thought we'd get to see forever
But forever's gone away

I don't know where this road
Is going to lead
All I know is where we've been
And what we've been through.

If we get to see tomorrow
I hope it's worth all the wait

And I'll take with me the memories

And I'll take with me
The memories
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday...

Now I am really crying... this post was beautiful. Just when I was at a loss for words. I still am.......

We sometimes ask why? And that is a question that can never fully be answered. The previous post answered some of those questions. Many we will never hear of as few will speak them or write those words. I hope and pray the Mazzone family will find peace not only knowing these words spoken about how Tawni touched our lives, but remember that is only a small fraction of the many many people she touched in more ways than just here at WS. Tawni has touched many in ways we'll never know.

May the Lord carry you through your greif and shine His light upon you with loving memories of sweet Tawni.

please watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5dSwVLPCXQ

Fly, fly little wing
Fly beyond imagining
The softest cloud, the whitest dove
Upon the wind of heaven's love
Past the planets and the stars
Leave this lonely world of ours
Escape the sorrow and the pain
And fly again

Fly, fly precious one
Your endless journey has begun