OK - Tommy Wolf, 9, murdered, mom injured, Nichols Hills, 16 Nov 2009 *Insanity*

It's incomprehensible! Did this guy sneak into his son's room with a knife in the middle of the night? I wonder if he was planning to kill his wife and himself, too, but the wife woke up.

Makes me wonder if he & wife were having problems -- maybe wife was wanting divorce....it's so common that's what instigates dads these days to kill their children and their wives.

How could he have thought a 9yo would not be screaming in terror & in pain and the mom *not* wake up??

I'm still blown away this guy is a doctor & could even think of doing such a thing before the sun came up...I feel so badly for the mom, and that precious child who saw what his own dad was doing to him. :(

honestly it sounds like the guy had some sort of psychiatric episode... this is just horrible! and the poor mother! (from link upstream):

Mary Wolf remained hospitalized late this morning with defensive puncture wounds to her hands and mouth, Mask said. Her wounds are not thought to be life-threatening.
Investigators think an altercation started in Tommy's room soon before the first 911 call, Mask said. Mary Wolf was wounded trying to protect her son, Mask said.

But he went for his son first?????? You would think he would have taken down the only other adult in the house prior to attacking the child....

Stephen Wolf is a defendant in a pending medical negligence suit

This would perhaps add to the pressure the alleged killer may have had building inside him. He had never before faced discipline in his profession.

I'm thinking he might have been on some type of psychiatric drugs, maybe for depression or anxiety as a result of the malpractice suit, or Chantix and maybe mixed with a little Sunday afternoon football drinking. For some people, that's not such a good combo. It was 4am, what could have happened to stir this up? Not that any child dying ever does, but this makes absolutely no sense. What brought the monster out of this person?

sindy - go into your User CP, then go to Settings & Options, then Edit Options, then look for Default Thread Subscription Mode

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

you can enable Email Alerts there.

HTH

Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated. Hopefully sorted now

But he went for his son first?????? You would think he would have taken down the only other adult in the house prior to attacking the child....
I'm just glad he's alive to be tried and maybe we will find out what in the world was going through his mind. Then he can be executed, for all I care.
I've always thought that there should be a law that people who kill family members, who would be totally off-guard and trusting, should get the worst possible punishments.

just noticed this says the doctor *does* have a wound on his head in his booking photo:

Stephen Wolf is listed as an internist in Oklahoma City. In his booking photo, on the Oklahoma County sheriff's Web site, a wound can be seen on his head.

and also, the info on 911 call info is odd reporting...I think they mean the mom went next door, then went back home (?)

The first 911 call came in at 3:53 a.m., from the Wolf family's next-door neighbor. Mary Wolf had run to the house for help, and the resident reported someone was knocking on the door, Mask said.

Mary Wolf made the second call, but hung up, possibly because she was defending herself, he said. She also made the third call, after police had arrived. Mask said tapes of the 911 calls would be released later.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/16/oklahoma.child.slaying/

How sad and bizarre. Did this guy just snap in the middle of the night or something? What could have possibly triggered this at 4am?
Chantix? Some other type of drug? I just can't wrap my head around this. Very strange.
Prayers for Mary and for the rest of Tommy's family.
R.I.P. Tommy :rose:

Until we know more, my vote's on some sort of mental illness that the Dad was able to keep well-hidden. This is all so heartbreaking.

I can't listen to the first two w/o downloading a file, which I really don't want to do. The third one though ... oh god that poor woman.

Same thing here. That's how I happened to listen to the third one first, and now I really wish I hadn't. Poor woman.

http://newsok.com/nichols-hills-doc...article/3417862?custom_click=lead_story_title

The 911 calls are now available, about two-thirds of the way down, on the left, of the story update in the Daily Oklahoman. I would not recommend listening to the third one for anyone of a sensitive nature. It is horrendous.

Is that him yelling at her in the background? I wish I could make out what he's saying. I definitely heard the "F" word. I thought I heard devil, but I'm really bad at these kinds of things. What do you guys think he's yelling?

Is that him yelling at her in the background? I wish I could make out what he's saying. I definitely heard the "F" word. I thought I heard devil, but I'm really bad at these kinds of things. What do you guys think he's yelling?

I was thinking that the f-bomb might have been dropped by an adrenalized cop telling the guy to put the knife down. Not sure though.

I can't tell either about the 'f-bomb' as far as who's saying it but I hear it -- but I also think I can hear 'get back'...not sure tho since I don't have my headphones with me.

ACK! How horrible. Has to be drugs - OMG how horrible would it be to know you've killed your son while in a drug induced psychotic state? Of course I'm only speculating but gosh, either he's got a huge history of violence or he went nutzo on drugs here. I just feel sick for these people.

A medical negligence suit that's settled hardly sounds like a big deal - guess it depends on how bad the negligence and how much money in damages they were seeking. The insurance pays out to avoid costly and lengthy litigation most likely. It might be a factor, but I know there are a lot of MDs who get sued and aren't necessarily bad doctors.

Prayers for the mother and eternal rest and peace for Tommy. :(

I knew it would be bad. The terror that poor woman endured this morning. Unimagineable.

I think I hear an officer say "Put your hands behind your *advertiser censored**in back, NOW!"
And then I think I hear "Mary is the devil" or "Mary it's the devil".

So horrifying. So heartbreaking.

Yes, such a beautiful little man, so proud of his BIG catch. Heartbreaking.

Incredibly heartbreaking. I just died a little inside. :( Have a similar picture of my son at about that age with his first fish, face beaming with a cute as all grin.

What an absolute nightmare. Why??? :banghead::banghead:

My thoughts and prayers are with those who loved little Tommy, especially his poor mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back