NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we know about this picture? Do we know when this was taken-was this the picture in her passport found in the car?:waitasec:
Zahra1-1.jpg

We know that whoever would cut and color a 10yo's hair like that is demented. Gah! Poor Zahra!

Investigators have examined mattresses found at a Caldwell County landfill during their search for clues into the disappearance of Zahra Baker.
Hickory police confirmed the information Friday, but investigators would not say if the mattresses were the key piece of evidence that they've been searching for at the landfill this week.
Dozens of investigators returned to the Foothills Environmental Landfill in Lenoir Friday to continue combing through trash.
The landfill is 40 acres, but investigators are focusing on an area that is 100 feet by 200 feet. It contains about 5500 tons of trash.

***more at this link including video*****
http://www.wcnc.com/news/zahra-bake...continue-sifting-through-trash-105532123.html

We know that whoever would cut and color a 10yo's hair like that is demented. Gah! Poor Zahra!

ITA! Almost like she was trying to make her look like a boy? I also noticed in one photo that Zahra´s hair had been streaked blond. I don´t care if it´s the latest fashion and your daughter nags you to death, it´s not normal to dye the hair of 10 year old!

I thought there was another pic with a sheet as a backdrop where you could see a Magic Chef stove in the the left background, with an american-style electrical outlet and wood panelling in the right background. The WS consensus in the thread was... mobile home in Sawmills? Recent. Aha!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5694495&postcount=481"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 12[/ame]

he has said many things to many different media outlets and in his 911 call...

I don't necessarily think the reporting is bad... there are just several reports with his different versions floating around out there.

MOO

eta: I agree that the out of town thing was not "checked" out by this newschannel. I cannot find another article or video to match....

I haven't heard him state he was out of town and the only discrepancy I can recall is the 911 call when he said he woke up and Zahra was gone and the interviews when he said he was working in the yard when he found out Zahra was missing. Are there more versions?

If he was out of town that would've been a good alibi. Why in the world would he place himself at the scene of the supposed kidnapping if he was out of town? I agree that he's inconsistent, lying even, about alot of things but I don't think he's ever said he was out of town.

I can only assume the EB was the stylist who streaked Zahra's hair when she picked up her hearing aids. Now she is drastically changing her look. Why and why pose before a white sheet??:waitasec:
51010hearingaids.jpg

I did work in a store.. Someone was having trouble with their child,who was "pitching a fit" as we say here. An older woman came up to me ,saying she was going to keep an eye on the parents,because she was sure they had been abuseing that baby.. I tole her that child hadn't been touched,'cause if he had,he wouldn't have moved,or made a sound. Did give her something to think about..
IMO

No I don't have a link as nothing has really come forward to what Amber went through as a child or IF she was ever abuse.

The only thing we know via Amber is what she stated in court that she would have to leave the state as she fears her mother, that her mother moved around a lot and that her mother got money from some guy in England.

When I related my personal knowledge of abuse, it was for Zarah, and perhaps I should have stated I came from a dysfunctional family and could relate to Amber coming from a dysfunctional family. Although it was never stated that Amber came from a dysfunctional family, just a perception of a dysfunctional family.

Okay...so we don't know what she might have suffered, then, and there are so many levels of abuse and neglect, and people act and react differently.

I noticed earlier you said you also weren't sure you believed she was afraid of her mother. If we suspect EB was very abusive toward Zahra, very possibly even to the point of death, then how could we not believe another child of hers may truly be fearful to this day of the woman?

I'm just saying that regardless what any of us have been through, no one's situation is ever exactly the same as someone else's -- some people are able to rise above things that happen to them and some either can't or have a very difficult time with it.

Obviously, you very fortunately were able to overcome a lot, but not everyone is able to do that. IMO, it isn't fair to condemn her without knowing what she has been through and how it has affected her life and her own psychological makeup.

I am very sorry that you suffered an abusive childhood. I think there is a special place in hell for people who harm children.

I thought there was another pic with a sheet as a backdrop where you could see a Magic Chef stove in the the left background, with an american-style electrical outlet and wood panelling in the right background. The WS consensus in the thread was... mobile home in Sawmills? Recent. Aha!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 12

This makes me feel uneasy.Why the back drop? Who was this picture for???

I haven't heard him state he was out of town and the only discrepancy I can recall is the 911 call when he said he woke up and Zahra was gone and the interviews when he said he was working in the yard when he found out Zahra was missing. Are there more versions?

If he was out of town that would've been a good alibi. Why in the world would he place himself at the scene of the supposed kidnapping if he was out of town? I agree that he's inconsistent, lying even, about alot of things but I don't think he's ever said he was out of town.

I wonder where news14 got it...

I further am curious what he said when the reporter talked over him on goodmorning america. I couldn't make it out for the life of me but wondered if that was the interview news14 was taking their info from???

I totally agree! Seeing a full-sized grown woman petrified and sick to her stomach to have to say those things in front of her mother on the screen says it all. It says a small child like Zahra didn't have a chance in heck of being safe with that psychopath.

You have got to be a pretty bad mother for your own kids to want you to stay in jail.

Okay...so we don't know what she might have suffered, then, and there are so many levels of abuse and neglect, and people act and react differently.

I noticed earlier you said you also weren't sure you believed she was afraid of her mother. If we suspect EB was very abusive toward Zahra, very possibly even to the point of death, then how could we not believe another child of hers may truly be fearful to this day of the woman?

I'm just saying that regardless what any of us have been through, no one's situation is ever exactly the same as someone else's -- some people are able to rise above things that happen to them and some either can't or have a very difficult time with it.

Obviously, you very fortunately were able to overcome a lot, but not everyone is able to do that. IMO, it isn't fair to condemn her without knowing what she has been through and how it has affected her life and her own psychological makeup.

I am very sorry that you suffered an abusive childhood. I think there is a special place in hell for people who harm children.

I am not condemning Amber; I just don't believe her.

I can only assume the EB was the stylist who streaked Zahra's hair when she picked up her hearing aids. Now she is drastically changing her look. Why and why pose before a white sheet??:waitasec:

ITA. Would Zahra want that kind of attention, do you think? My gut tells me she would pick something different. Idk. I let my kids do what they wanted to their hair - they didnt get into coloring until high school, and never anything that screamed LOOK AT ME. That was a few years ago but still...looks like EB was trying to make her in her own image. So sad.

I cant believe they would even own an 05 Impala because their ability to make the payments seems questionable. The 70s Monte Carlo I can believe easily...well, if there actually is one.

:confused:

Respectfully snipped, BBM. This is the same reason I have a hard time believing AB and Zahra were in the States with a legit residency visa. I moved to the UK from the States (with kids) and it just doesn't make any sense to me.

IMO, I think they overstayed as visitors. For a residency visa EB would had to have proven she could support both AB and Zahra at 125% above the national poverty level, proven they had housing, etc. AND AB would have had to prove he had sole physical and legal custody of Zahra and provided those documents to the consulate he applied to.

Even with sole custody he may still have had to petition the court for permission to remove Zahra from Australia according to their statutes.

http://www.visaamerica.com/our_services_spouse/
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-130instr.pdf
http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/A1en.pdf
http://www.afp.gov.au/policing/family-law/family-law-kit.aspx

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 12

EB had a plan. What was it??? IMO It definetly involved the passports and leaving. But where was she going???:banghead:

I haven't heard exactly what Amber went through in order to make a comparison to my childhood. Do you have a link?

I am so sorry all of you went through abuse as children I can't imagine I had a good childhood my parents were superb My abuse started with my ex I never knew what was going to set him off he always liked the shower curtain closed I use to hide in their when he would get drunk and go on a rampage we lived in a trailer so the back door was close to the bathroom I would open the back door leaving it ajar he would go outside looking for me I would hide in the shower He never found me and I finally told my family and they helped me leave him I ended up in a DV shelter cause he stalked me at my parents So I know in that sense, fear and felt bad for AF

I wonder where news14 got it...

I further am curious what he said when the reporter talked over him on goodmorning america. I couldn't make it out for the life of me but wondered if that was the interview news14 was taking their info from???

I can only guess thet News14 considers going to a job from 11 AM to 2 PM to being "out of town." And in all fairness he sure could have driven to another town and back in 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine