State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 160K was related to when they were on vacation just prior to her death they looked at this being an option... Nancy get her parents to buy Brad out of the house.

The original $7,500 was to pay the Alice Stubbs

OK, Thank You! My feed was really freezing up about that time. :smile:

The refi mortgage for the house was taken out in 2003 - $238K and then a second mortage in 2005 for $24K (which was increased to $79K in Feb 2008).

They owed way more on that house than $160K or even $190K in 2008

Having any equity in the house is contrary to their spending habits - and it's quite possible that Mr Rentz was not given an accurate picture of what it would cost to buy Brad out of the house.

I wonder if Nancy even knew. The house may have only been in his name. He may have done the refinancing without her knowledge.

Divorce has a sneaky way of dividing people into sides - friends, family, acquaintances, coworkers. I totally understand why Brad didn't feel comfortable speaking with BC's family especially considering the way NC liked to portray Brad in the public arena. Not saying it's acceptable...just understandable.

That is my experience as well. I had some very close friends "on the other side" and she and her lawyers tactics were to divide all of those ties and accuse me of everything they could throw at the wall. It was actually that experience that made me go....Oohhhh! That's what I was missing. I still speak to TWO people out of like thirty. It's ridiculous the way it goes down. Particularly for the children.

I wonder if Nancy even knew. The house may have only been in his name. He may have done the refinancing without her knowledge.

Both names were on ALL the housing documents.

The refi mortgage for the house was taken out in 2003 - $238K and then a second mortage in 2005 for $24K (which was increased to $79K in Feb 2008).

Having any equity in the house is contrary to their spending habits - and it's quite possible that Mr Rentz was not given an accurate picture of what it would cost to buy Brad out of the house.

So maybe the $160,000 was to buy out only HIS half of the house - then NC would owe the other half of the house to a mortgage holder or bank and then $160,000 to her dad who gifted/loaned her the money to buy BC out.

Even if she wasn't on the loan (not sure either way), she was on the deed and therefore would have to know about the re-fi's (her signature would be required).

Both names were on ALL the housing documents.

Also, you guys have to realize they came here in 2000. I think they bought the house in Jan of 2001. There was a completely different financial climate post-9/11 of that year that would have discriminated against Nancy when she got around to 2007 or 2008 and trying to get her own accounts.

So maybe the $160,000 was to buy out only HIS half of the house - then NC would owe the other half of the house to a mortgage holder or bank and then $160,000 to her dad who gifted/loaned her the money to buy BC out.

Except she never had a job and no means to pay off the mortgage holder.

I believe they had a joint account until sometime near the end of Feb. 2008

So Nancy deposited the money into the joint acount even though Brad was having an affair with another woman and the marriage was on the rocks?

Except she never had a job and no means to pay off the mortgage holder.

Oh, I know... but there was testimony that one of the ideas was to buy Brad out of the house. That to me meant that she wanted to buy Brad's half of joint property and then he would leave the home. And then she would stay at the house with alimony and child support - at least for the time being. I imagine she thought she would pay the mortgage out of the alimony/child support award - and also the distributive award (was it $50,000).

So Nancy deposited the money into the joint acount even though Brad was having an affair with another woman and the marriage was on the rocks?

I didn't think she knew about the affair at the time she got the $24,000.

Also, you guys have to realize they came here in 2000. I think they bought the house in Jan of 2001. There was a completely different financial climate post-9/11 of that year that would have discriminated against Nancy when she got around to 2007 or 2008 and trying to get her own accounts.

Not really - in 2007 Bank of America announced they would open accounts for ILLEGAL immigrants. Credit Unions specifically servicing the Latino population - some illegal - were cropping up to help safeguard their money because they were getting to be such easy targets for robbery since they lived in all cash.

I just went to the Bank of America website and started to open an account. If you don't have a SS number- you have to do it at a branch with an acceptable form of ID and I copied / pasted what was in the pop up box for acceptable ID's:

You can apply for an account in person at any Bank of America banking center by presenting the following valid forms of identification:

* U.S. government-issued TIN;
* Passport number and country of issuance;
* Alien identification card number; or
* Number and country of issuance of any other government-issued document evidencing nationality or residence and bearing a photograph or similar safeguard

So - there were NO ISSUES opening a bank account.

The buffering was horrible. I thought Nancy and Brad only wanted about 8 grand to pay for the divorce lawyer. They said they would pay them back when they sold the house??????

I understood that she asked for money for a lawyer, and also for money to buy out Brad's interest in the house. It sounds like there was a lot of confusion about what was happening between April and June ... the father said that Brad was renting a u-haul to help with the move, but we heard from Nancy's friend that she was driving to Ontario by herself. It sounds like the decision in June was that Nancy would stay in NC, so she wanted to buy Brad's interest in the house.

It's interesting that Nancy asked her parents for another $160k even though she had no means to repay that amount. It sounds like the parents gave equal amounts of money to the four siblings, so Nancy was, in a way, asking the parents to give them another $600k ... which is quite the request, IMO.

Okay, I could be all wrong, won't be the first time, BUT, the way I interpreted the testimony concerning the mortgage.... Nancy figured when splitting up the assets, the mortgage on the home would be 160 K. She could then get a loan in her name only, for 160K on her house, pay her parents back the 160K leaving herself with a manageable monthy mortgage payment for herself and the girls, still intending that eventually Brad would get the paperwork in order for her to be allowed to work in this country. MOO

Okay, I could be all wrong, won't be the first time, BUT, the way I interpreted the testimony concerning the mortgage.... Nancy figured when splitting up the assets, the mortgage on the home would be 160 K. She could then get a loan in her name only, for 160K on her house, pay her parents back the 160K leaving herself with a manageable monthy mortgage payment for herself and the girls, still intending that eventually Brad would get the paperwork in order for her to be allowed to work in this country. MOO

That's what I understood too ... that Nancy believed that the amount owing was $160k and that half the value of the house was $160 ... so in borrowing $160k, she could buy out Brad's interest in the house (equal to the mortgage; pay out the mortgage) and live there with the children.

You know, come to think of it, it is *possible* Nancy didn't have any idea how much was owed on the house. If Nancy didn't have a SS #, was she even listed on the loan for the house, I wonder? I realize she was listed on the deed to the house, but was she listed on the loan, I wonder? Could Brad have done any of these things himself? Refinance? etc., without Nancy's signature? Just a thought?

Just thinking out loud (or in type here)....unless BC killed NC in self-defense, and we have heard or read nothing about self-defense, NC did not deserve to be killed by BC.

So no matter how much she spent, was out with friends, didn't clean, talked bad about BC and on and on...any discussion about NC's behavior in this regard is bashing the victim.

If some other dude did it - then both of the Cooper's have been destroyed. Not saying SODDI.

Sorry, I should have read further before posting the same thing. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member