2011.05.06 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I think he said he was going to do. But I thought he was going to do that this past Monday. It was in the hearing where CM said something about "they're not going to tell you" to JA. And JA got reprimanded by the judge. If it were told to them on Mon, then again JB has been doing media events all week and now he objects at the last minute?

Respectfully BBM

If that's the case, that's the exact same thing the defense is accusing the media of doing in their response filed with the appeals court this morning.

Sheesh.... if this jury selection starts on Monday at the location HHJP has chosen, it will be a miracle. :banghead:

InSession said the hearing will cover two motions today:

1. The defense's objection to the new location.
2. The Anthony's request to be exempted from the rule of sequestration.

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for this hearing!!!! Let the FIREWORKS BEGIN!!!!:great::woohoo:

Should be short and sweet...

NO.

It will definitely be interesting to hear them argue a motion objecting to a location that no one is supposed to talk about... :waitasec:

(And slightly OT, but the Coleman trial that ended in a guilty verdict yesterday was actually held in Waterloo, IL...)

I think I just had an "Aha Moment".

Since Baez filed a motion with the Fifth District Court for an extension of time, this was a delay tactic in order for one of the defense team to learn, perhaps over the weekend, where the location will be for Jury selection on Monday.

IMO, Baez doesn't have a clue yet where the location will be and it will be interesting to watch how this unfolds at 1:00 PM EDT.

ETA: Would it be funny if the location of the Jury selection is one of the areas Baez polled at one time and would like it to be and he now has this motion before the court objecting to it!

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for this hearing!!!! Let the FIREWORKS BEGIN!!!!:great::woohoo:

So glad I had no plans for today and if I did I would have had to just cancel them...cant miss this circus act!!!

I think I just had an "Aha Moment".

Since Baez filed a motion with the Fifth District Court for an extension of time, this was a delay tactic in order for one of the defense team to learn, perhaps over the weekend, where the location will be for Jury selection on Monday.

IMO, Baez doesn't have a clue yet where the location will be and it will be interesting to watch how this unfolds at 1:00 PM EDT.

ETA: Would it be funny if the location of the Jury selection is one of the areas Baez polled at one time and would like it to be and he now has this motion before the court objecting to it!

One of the DT has to know the location, otherwise how can they be objecting to the location at today's hearing?
In Session just said this part of the hearing will most likely take place in private, in the jury room.

anyone else think that most of the hearing will be in camera due to the location being released to the public too soon???

how can they argue about this mystery place on live tv?

also.. don't throw things.. but I forget... does anyone know if any of them have been told the place yet???

I kinda would have thought they would have to know the place to object to it right?

((this is why I am a nurse and not a lawyer LOL))

It would be nice if JP rules on the "smell in the trunk" motion today too!

So glad I had no plans for today and if I did I would have had to just cancel them...cant miss this circus act!!!

I've gotten excited before--only to have the hearing be a "sidebar" or in the jury room........:maddening::maddening:

However, am curious as to what ICA would be wearing? Perhaps the blues?????:waitasec:

One of the DT has to know the location, otherwise how can they be objecting to the location at today's hearing?
In Session just said this part of the hearing will most likely take place in private, in the jury room.

The DT knows, and they don't like the location. Oh well , sucks for them, as ICA would say. :floorlaugh:

I'm a little confused by the new motion filed by Baez regarding "Objection To New Venue", of which, seems to have caused this Emergency Hearing.

It seems that Judge Perry "may" have released to one attorney on each side where they need to report on Monday.

Thoughts anyone?

Haven't had a chance to read every post here - just jumped online when I heard about this emergency hearing -

AZ opined (and I agree) that he disclosed that to both sides during their in camera meeting in the jury room the other day (Friday, I think?) - after he ripped into that media attorney, Ms. Mercier. ;) When they came out of the jury room he ordered the court reporter to seal the record. AZ opined the only reason she could think of to have it sealed was because he went ahead and disclosed the location to them.

I bet the DT would object to any location chosen by the judge... moo

:cow:

If I were :HHJP:

I would tell the DT I am just going to pick the jury from right here in Orange County ... if you don't like it ... well ...

Can the Judge do this ??

anyone else think that most of the hearing will be in camera due to the location being released to the public too soon???

how can they argue about this mystery place on live tv?

also.. don't throw things.. but I forget... does anyone know if any of them have been told the place yet???

I kinda would have thought they would have to know the place to object to it right?

((this is why I am a nurse and not a lawyer LOL))

I definetly believe almost all of this proceeding will be in camera. It is about the voir dire location and it obviously has not been released to the public/media yet, so I don't see any way they could possibly argue it in open court. They will argue location, demographics, etc...

I think we are going to be staring at the Seal of Florida for quite a while. lol

Thanks Patty G!

Buffet lunch for us:

saladbar-02.jpg

http://www.georgeslakegeorge.com/files/general/saladbar-02.jpg

I'm going to go make some scrambled eggs for lunch - 'cause that's what I think we'll all be doing all day today - "scrambling" to keep up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member