IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow this is getting a later than usual start

Re: going to the police. I don't understand why this seems strange or early. LS was last seen at JR's. JR says she headed home at 4:30 (I'm assuming this was known to those looking for her - JW, HT, maybe AR - before the report was filed, at 3? maybe it wasn't). HT says she never got home, at least before HT went to class (which she was in around 2, and so it probably started between then and 1). To me, that says you go to police right away. Am I missing something?

To report LS missing after ony 11hrs, and during daylight hours, shows drastic concern from the report filers. The girls certainly knew that there was a known prior underage citation, and that she was at Kilroys on Thurs nite/Fri am where she is not 21, and that these facts would come up evntually when filing the report. They were willing to do the right thing to report her missing, even when they knew (that if she was just found ..simply sleeping the hangover off somewhere) that more alcohol-related incidints would not be good for one's "record". Yet they must have sensed that something went really wrong that night.

Wonder how "normal" it is in Bloom, for a missing report to be filed 11hrs after missing, with as far as we know, no signs of forceful abduction, threats to LS, taking place.

The girls were scared and very very concerned that something was terribly off.

it has been reported that either the girls or JW reported her missing. Do you know which and what are you going on? just trying to make up my own mind..

I hope it is late starting because they have some news breaking...wishful thinking...

Looking for large # of volunteers Saturday-Find L Day

Volunteers needed for search tomorrow. McNutt Quad, 8 am

It's possible that JW knew LS was last seen at JR's before JW went to her apartment. I.e. something like the following: he gets text from bar re phone. He texts HT. HT says LS never came home, went to JR's last night. JW calls JR. JR says she left 4:30AM. JW texts HT (in class) for key. JW gets key, verifies LS not home. JW goes to police.

Capt:

added to investigative team--Project Alert-extension of national ? search efforts-case review, case analysis

Who is DR again please? Lord, I have trouble keeping track of all of my own kids' names....let alone a bunch of initials. LOL

Project Alert added to investigative team. Part of Nat'l Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Experienced LEO's who come in and do case review and suggest case strategy.

Capt:

not discussed details that would rise to substantive contact>keep close to the vest...

It's possible that JW knew LS was last seen at JR's before JW went to her apartment. I.e. something like the following: he gets text from bar re phone. He texts HT. HT says LS never came home, went to JR's last night. JW calls JR. JR says she left 4:30AM. JW texts HT (in class) for key. JW gets key, verifies LS not home. JW goes to police.

There has to be more to it, though. If someone didn't have their phone, would you only check their home before considering them "missing"? What if she was on her way to Kilroys to pick up her phone? What if she was at the gym? What if she was at the grocery store? If someone doesn't have their phone, the normal first assumption is that they are simply out somewhere, or maybe looking for their phone, not that they are missing.

Project Alert added to investigative team. Part of Nat'l Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Experienced LEO's who come in and do case review and suggest case strategy.

Glad to see the BPD is seemingly willing to take all help offered... Sadly, this help seems to indicate they are really stuck at this point.

Capt:

missing cases...when have person in 1 location & no longer there...difficult when may not have crime scene

We started from 11th and College and working from that...
3 weeks ago today

This is a very good article, which supports what I've been saying all along about these kids and why they may not be coming forward. Here's just one comment, but this is worth the read:

Experts say there's a psychological condition that often kicks in during these types of crises, which prevent people — typically those of college or high- school age — from doing the right thing.

"My guess is a lot of those kids are a bit confused and afraid at this point," said Jeff Cohen, program director of the Mercy College School of Social and Behavioral Sciences in Dobbs Ferry
http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...ers-experts-say?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998