Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a big piece on this right now on Mornings on Channel 9. No new real info though.

THe husband WAS having an ongoing affair which Allison found out about last year. he promised to end it, but his behaviour continued to be suspicious.
He crashed the car when he was due to be questioned by Police. He was driving a friends car and it would appear looking for an excuse to avoid the interview. (single car accident)

Allison would never have left her children under these circumstances. Never, ever. She was a well balanced person who was dealing with a difficult marital situation and naturally had lost some confidence. (like most middle aged women who have been at home raising kids, made worse by a chatting husband) BUT she would not have run away or hurt herself.
I am very very sad for her family and her children. I wonder what Gerards sister must be thinking. I don't know her ... i hope she is more sane than her brother. She must be confused ...wondering if he has done something to Al.
Unfortunately the likely story is that he has hurt her probably not premeditated, but instead of dealing with it he has tried to cover it up. Like the rest of his life which is a lie he thinks he can cover this up too. I wish he would at least man up, for the sake of his children. So they don't have to live thinking their Mummy has left them. Because she would never have done that.
<modsnip>.

All investigations need an element of luck and perhaps the detectives working this case need a little of that now.
The first 48 hours is long past and leads begin to cool.

Still, a case is being built and eventually the mystery will be resolved.

The basic questions are:

What was the motive for what happened to Allison?
Who had that motive?

As for what is happening in the Press recently; well, you know the old story about giving a person enough rope........................

^^ ah yes, the old rope trick.... and thanks girl99 for you insights!

Thanks Girl99 for that added info.

and it was just confirmed on the news that he had hired a lawyer.

With the reporting that there was arguing on Thursday night, I am betting that this <modsnip> killed her during a fight............maybe not intentionally and as girl99 said has now covered it up and trying to worm out of it. How many times do we see this on here??????

If they cant find her, which might be a possibility in Australias environment, I hope the police are gathering enough evidence.

Then again I am hoping I am wrong and she has run off from the situation.

I bet they have taken his computer for proof of the affair.

Well, well, well .. here he is from a business interview.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3TxpHAsB0I"]Best Practice - The Great Culture at Century 21 Westside Brisbane - YouTube[/ame]

I think he's guilty. All avenues lead to guilt (in my eyes).

Has he been instructed not to help search for her, otherwise why isn't he out there searching? Surely he would know the area and Allison's rough walking routes.

A scratch on the head? Does he fall often? I'm guessing not. He sells real estate in a very good part of Brisbane and looks are everything.

If they did argue at 10pm and she left the house he would most likely have had a bad night's sleep so why did he take 9.5 hours to report Allison missing? And 730 is very late for a start, especially with kids! I know my little girl is up at 6 and if one of us were missing she would instantly notice.

How he even had an accident at Indro bus station I don't know. A local (and he's a local, working one suburb away!) Knows that is for buses only.

I think she got fed up with him, said divorce and he realised he will lose custody of his kids, his 'perfect family' image, his house and half his super not to mention cash etc... He had a lot to lose and now I think he's lost even more. His kids have lost the most.

Another thing, perhaps she got so fed up with his cheating she decided to find a man?
That would have made him so angry. He mag have thought it was ok for him to cheat but not ok for his wife to cheat.

I guess we will know shortly.

nodding nodding nodding the entire time so different from the other interview of recent times - referring to the post with the video footage of the culture of century 21.

Courier Mail updated report - here - a few minutes ago.
http://t.co/xliEk5EY
There were police on Moggill Road near the Brookfield Nursery with horses/bikes. Could she have been dumped in the river?

Gerard Baden-Clay issues statement: "My daughters and I are very concerned for Allison. My priority at the moment is the welfare of my daughters. This is a very difficult time for us all."

Notice he doesn't say the welfare of OUR daughters. Freudian slip?

Gerard Baden-Clay issues statement: "My daughters and I are very concerned for Allison. My priority at the moment is the welfare of my daughters. This is a very difficult time for us all."

Notice he doesn't say the welfare of OUR daughters. Freudian slip?

Nice pickup!

one thing i have noticed is that since she has been missing her parents did the pleading with the public i have yet to see him do such a heart felt plea for his beautiful wife and the mother of his children that he is so dedicated to when time is running out to find her alive out there in the bush. However i did notice though when he and his sister spoke with channel nine that he did say after his minor car accident that he was a little hurt but he will be ok its good to see him elaborate on his injuries whilst his wife could have been abducted or slowly losing her life maybe in a mine shaft !!!!!!! the only thing that would keep a dedicated depressed mother going would be those beautiful girls i just can't see her in the middle of the night after there was no argument or problems in her life at the time leaving those girls we will see in the end i just hope they find her regardless my thoughts and prayers are with her girls and her mum and dad

My first online comment ever!!

Two other things that have struck me as particularly interesting in this case are:

1. Brookfield is semirural and does not have paved or even clearly defined footpaths or street lighting in most places. So, this makes walking in the dark of night dangerous. If I told my husband that I was going for a walk in that area at 10pm, he would try very hard to disuade me, and insist that I at least take the dog, a good flashlight and a mobile with a strong charge.

So, how did Allison's devoted hubbie respond to her desire for a 10pm walk (when she normally walks in the morning)? He said goodnight, went to bed, and didn't give her another thought for the next 9 1/2 hours? - Very suss!!

2. A number of points suggest that all was not rosy in the Baden-Clay household prior to Allison's disappearance. Although they appear to be an affluent high-flying couple, there are indications to the contrary. There have been reports of financial problems; they rent their home and drive cars that are modest compared to their real estate peers. In recent photos, their yard looks unkempt with high grass around the children's play equipment. I know that this not a crime, but it is doesn't seem to fit with the public persona of a successful affluent Brookfield family. It also encourages snakes.

Glad to have got that off my chest.

My first online comment ever!!

Two other things that have struck me as particularly interesting in this case are:

1. Brookfield is semirural and does not have paved or even clearly defined footpaths or street lighting in most places. So, this makes walking in the dark of night dangerous. If I told my husband that I was going for a walk in that area at 10pm, he would try very hard to disuade me, and insist that I at least take the dog, a good flashlight and a mobile with a strong charge.

So, how did Allison's devoted hubbie respond to her desire for a 10pm walk (when she normally walks in the morning)? He said goodnight, went to bed, and didn't give her another thought for the next 9 1/2 hours? - Very suss!!

2. A number of points suggest that all was not rosy in the Baden-Clay household prior to Allison's disappearance. Although they appear to be an affluent high-flying couple, there are indications to the contrary. There have been reports of financial problems; they rent their home and drive cars that are modest compared to their real estate peers. In recent photos, their yard looks unkempt with high grass around the children's play equipment. I know that this not a crime, but it is doesn't seem to fit with the public persona of a successful affluent Brookfield family. It also encourages snakes.

Glad to have got that off my chest.

Bobbie, I agree with you. I've been thinking about this whole thing for the last 8 days (I'm local). Why would he wait that long to report her missing - surely if they'd had an argument, you'd not be able to drop off to sleep and then when she didn't come back, surely you'd go outside and look for her? And this directly from a friend I have who is good friends with her - there was a walking group of ladies from the Brookfield area as well as runners and cyclists - and I believe she may have been involved with the walking group.

I ride in that area and even at 6am there is ample traffic in that area not to be considered all that isolated.

And that there doesn't appear to be contact between Allison's parents and the husband.

And there's a heck of a difference between the emotion shown by the parents and the husband which doesn't make him look terribly sincere.....

I guess we can't use the line 'methinks he protests too much' his comments to the media are quite contained. Those kids would be going through hell and back.

I just can't get past this walk stuff - wouldn't a busy mum of 3, all under 10 be exhausted just with her girls dance, and other activities scheduled and school activities. The last thing on your mind as a mum unless you were a total gym junkie or fit freak would be walking alone at 10pm let alone with hubby's passive acceptance. Her kids were her highest priority that means she would be incredibly aware of her personal safety. To walk at that time is sheer lunacy not depression - not something with her education and background does. Is this walking out alone meant to somehow imply that she was regularly doing something that he was able to turn a blind eye to?

Allisons' parents would be very knowing of her family routines and her closest feelings so I think it speaks volumes that they have just kept quiet and let the investigation proceed. I doubt they are sitting in the background passively.

I guess we can't use the line 'methinks he protests too much' his comments to the media are quite contained. Those kids would be going through hell and back.

I just can't get past this walk stuff - wouldn't a busy mum of 3, all under 10 be exhausted just with her girls dance, and other activities scheduled and school activities. The last thing on your mind as a mum unless you were a total gym junkie or fit freak would be walking alone at 10pm let alone with hubby's passive acceptance. Her kids were her highest priority that means she would be incredibly aware of her personal safety. To walk at that time is sheer lunacy not depression - not something with her education and background does. Is this walking out alone meant to somehow imply that she was regularly doing something that he was able to turn a blind eye to?

Allisons' parents would be very knowing of her family routines and her closest feelings so I think it speaks volumes that they have just kept quiet and let the investigation proceed. I doubt they are sitting in the background passively.

Agrees with comments re walking and as said above. There are next to no streetlights out here. There are little or no footpaths and at 10pm at night it is incredibly dark out here. It is not a safe place to walk during the day let alone at night. No husband in their right mind would let their wife walk around this part of Brookfield at night.

During a domestic dispute, it's quite possible and even likely a husband would let a wife (both of whom might be hating each other at the time) walk off into the night, in a relatively safe affluent suburb. Still doesn't seem to be what the police think happened.

More unusual may be calling police at 0730, instead of friends or family where it might be logical to assume she had gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend