Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they have impounded the car that was involved in the car accident Gerard Baden Clay had at Indooroopilly. The friends car may have been involved in her disappearance and he may have tried to smash away the evidence. I am so intrigued by this case. I feel for her, her parents/family and feel for her daughters. I can't seem to feel sorry for him just yet....which may seem nasty, but something seems weird about that man. My daughter who didn't even know who he was (and this case, as she is only little) said "Mum, that man looks really scary...I dont like him" (about the wedding photo). I keep coming back to see if there is more info......I hope with ones heart of hearts, that she is alive. But as each day looms to a close, I think about the Ashwood lady, here in Melbourne.....who's hubby killed her.

<modsnip>
I'll recap on my own thoughts tomorrow sometime in detail but for now I will just comment on 2 things.

1. Willoughs daughter had it right on - just what I thought too when I first met Gerard in 2004. Little kids often have very good instincts and I this one was spot-on IMO.

2. A couple of people surmised about what happened and said they thought Gerard has hurt her, but it probably wasn't intentional. Possibly not, but just because it wasnt pre-meditated doesnt make it an accident either. It's up to each person to control their anger and not act it out. Acting out by violence against another person means there is no regard for that other person, not just that "oh, the person was angry and didnt mean it".

Let's see what tomorrow brings. I'll say it now I don't believe she is alive, and I am very concerned they will not find her body, or if they do will not be able to get conclusive evidence to link it to foul play. I hope not, but this could remain a mystery despite what anyone thinks really happened.

<modsnip>
They will find a body if the lady is no longer alive <modsnip> that is the case, including the investigating police who have access to a vastly more comprehensive amount of factual information than you). Name one recent case where a person has disappeared inside an 8 hour window in Brisbane and no body was recovered. Of course there will be evidence of what led to her death. Strangely, forensic science can determine a lot more than 'little kids instincts'. The legal system will then deal with the incident, accidental or otherwise, that lead to a person's death. While it will be a lot less exciting for armchair detectives once actual professional criminal investigators have done their job, at least the justice everyone agrees should be served will be done. Facts and evidence tend to be quite handy like that. The person involved in Allison's disappearance won't get away with it.

There were conflicting reports on the media as to when her walk occurred - late Thursday night vs Friday morning. Huband reported her missing Friday am. However neighbours dog was rocketing down the back yard on the Thursday night. If something happened on the Thursday pm, there are a few potentiallly unaccounted hours in between. Also, his accident could have been an attempt to disguise existing damage to vehicle? I live not far from Brookfield. I doubt a woman could be abducted on the Friday morning in broad daylight without someone seeing it - a lot of business people live in Brookfield and drive to Brisbane and are up and about early morning. If no-one saw her on her am walk, then it didn't happen and we are back to Thurday pm. There is a road called Gap Creek Road in Kenmore Hills not very far from their house that leads to state forest type areas - I keep thinking she could be there.

Somewhere along Gap Creek Road is sure to be a possibility.

Rain is bucketting down up here in Brisbane today and seems set in. Feel sorry for the police and searchers.

Rain is bucketting down up here in Brisbane today and seems set in. Feel sorry for the police and searchers.

It is raining in Brookfield and we have had some heavy falls. Not nice for the searchers or for poor Allison if she is still alive out there.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...baden-clays-call/story-e6freoof-1226341176705

"The Courier-Mail understands a frantic Mr Baden-Clay rang and sent text messages to several people asking if they'd heard from his wife after she failed to return home on Thursday night. Eventually, he went to bed alone."

So he made frantic texts and calls to friends and went to bed ALONE? Leaving her out there? Wow Brookfield at night is a very dark place and I certainly wouldn't be going to bed knowing she was out there somewhere. This gets more stranger by the moment.

This is so true - it is likely the 10 pm walk was the 'invented' time frame. The alleged deed probably all done and dusted by this time and he was back at the house making up his story. I wonder what story the kids are telling about that night. And what time the sister allegedly spoke to Allison. So we would have to go back to the last know sighting time not related to what the hubby says.

In those back roads of Brookfield the bush is dense and as kiwijane says not many streetlights and unless you were wearing hi-visibility clothing at night you would defs go unseen. A silver to black car would be very well camoflauged I think the poster who said he was using a friends car was right on the money. And unfortunately no traffic CCTV cameras in this area. There is free access to huge areas of dense bushland minutes from the home just via Gap Creek Rd. It is a gateway road to Ashgrove and Samford and the other rural suburbs of Brisbane. At night it is really deserted. With his knowledge of real estate there could be a million places that she could be within 30 minutes of Brookfield.

There has been no mention of sniffer dogs which may have been very useful in picking up a trail unless the police think there was no trail and she was parcelled into the boot of a car and disposed of.

One thing that speaks in her favour perhaps is that if she was still alive and walked off (with 3 kids I just dont think she would leave) she had worked for the scouting associations so she may be familiar with survival techniques etc. But sadly I don't think she will be walking out of the bush.

Also further along there is Mt Crosby, a State Forest and even a Lake. The thing in this area there is plenty of places to hide something or someone.

Gap Creek road and the scout camp off Mt Crosby road and surrounding forest are both heavily wooded and could be accessed by vehicle from Brookfield without passing many houses near the road. Vehicle access to some of the other search areas especially jones road and disused mines would be difficult to achieve without arousing suspicion. It is dark and isolated around and in Brookfield, but the areas with homes near the road have relatively vigilant residents. The area where the mobile phone is thought to be is very unlikely to be with Allison. It's surprising the phone wasn't destroyed completely, but perhaps the person in a state of panic failed to realise it might be traced.

really don't think she left with her phone - wondering when her last communication with someone was though?

- it was probably disposed on the way to her resting place or maybe even after

really don't think she left with her phone - wondering when her last communication with someone was though?

- it was probably disposed on the way to her resting place or maybe even after

Or the last person to see her other than her husband. The kids would have seen here when they where put to bed so that leaves an even bigger gap that something could have happened.

Being a Realestate agent the husband surely knows of many rural properties up for sale and un-lived in close to his proximity, possibly with discarded mines or wells on them. Have the police followed this angle?

Being a Realestate agent the husband surely knows of many rural properties up for sale and un-lived in close to his proximity, possibly with discarded mines or wells on them. Have the police followed this angle?

They have searched mines etc for her.

I think that is what they are trying to doby asking people to be searching their properties. They are going to be able to tell the police about that stuff near them - but his 'local' knowledge of the area would be huge.

I was under the assumption that the SES and police were searching mines in bushland rather than those possibly on properties

Sorry Janek - I meant that police have been asking property owners to check their own properties for anything unusual and to comment on any possibly areas that they think would be of interest and worth checking. I do think SES and Fire services have been scouring the bushland and the mines as you rightly say.

I actually doubt he would have great knowledge of the area immediately surrounding their rental home in Brookfield from his real estate dealings. Century 21 has never had a substantial presence in Brookfield and the Taringa-based office (used to be in Kenmore) mainly lists Kenmore and outlying areas for sale (there is some acreage in Anstead and Pullenvale currently listed, but any areas surrounding these would be far from private if wanting to inconspicuous). http://www.century21.com.au/westside/residential/buy/?suburbs&perpage=40

The latest news.com.au article states "A seasoned scout, the great-grandson of Lord Baden Powell who founded the scouting movement, Mr Baden-Clay knew his local hiking trails well." I think that is likely a stretch or just a space-filler - I haven't seen any scouts hiking anywhere round local trails near Brookfield. Maybe if he was a mountain biker that would explain excellent local knowledge of the bush areas. Still, seems news.com.au in their own unique way are trying to jump on the likelihood the police think he was capable of finding a place to hide Allison, through some sort of personal knowledge or maybe just a complete fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard