GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very horrible! I'm surprised they didn't close the beaches here, though.
Wowieeee Zowieee U just said something I didn't think about (but was yet so obvious!)
They "close" sections of our beach about 10 times a year when the POO-POO METER reads too high --- seems like they woulda cordoned off every one of our 28 miles of beach. Hmmmm.

We probably want this to be solved.

It'd be nice to think that MAS & TS are the only people responsible and with them off the streets, some of the danger's contained.

But if there are more people involved, the danger still exists.

Danger is always present in New Orleans. Even if Sanchez and Speaks are solely responsible for this murder, danger is always present in NOLA. That's why people love to visit... that danger is part of the edge of excitement that one feels in the city.

Hmm.. too bad they didn't get his last name right. (Sparks vs. Speaks)

Interesting article!

Par for the course for the Sun Herald. I hate to say this, because it's our paper, but they can be terrible with "facts." I tend to trust wlox more.

Very Unlikely, JL' s body parts began to wash ashore in MISSISSIPPI only 16 hours after they were seen leaving the club! Her Murder had to have taken place soon after they left.

16 hours? That doesn't sound right. She left the club on June 6th at approx
2am. Her torso was the first part that washed ashore here in BSL on June 7th at 6pm. Is my math wrong or is that 30 hours? Investigators said the currents and knots were right for her to have put into the water on the 6th and made it to BSL on the 7th.

This might be a stupid question, but are there places accessible by car and foot along there that would be secluded enough to dump a body into the water? I thought Pontchartrain was surrounded by swamps....no?

Many such places. A lot of swamps, but also land, roads, etc.

Yes there are a lot of places along the beach in bay st louis that are very very dark and secluded. Ther are no street lights in most places. There is also secluded places on the pass Christian side of the bay bridge that are also very secluded. You don't need a boat to dump anything into the water. Those of you who live here can attest to that.

I was looking at the map trying to think of places that looked good to dump a body (No... not planning on dumping one, myself). 1st Street on the other side of Rigolets off Rt 90 looked interesting. I noticed there's a gate at the beginning of the road, however, it might not ever be closed.

Yes there are a lot of places along the beach in bay st louis that are very very dark and secluded. Ther are no street lights in most places. There is also secluded places on the pass Christian side of the bay bridge that are also very secluded. You don't need a boat to dump anything into the water. Those of you who live here can attest to that.

Clarifying: Not BSL or Pass, I live in BSL. MY question was regarding Rigolets at Lake Pontchartrain....if it is accessible by car and foot for dumping a body there. There is no way she was put in over here.

I'm gonna ask a question that I don't understand. I thought once you were arrested you got 1 phone call. MAS wants to talk to her dad - she said that LE won't let her (is that correct from what I am reading?). So who did she call or are they not allowing her to call anyone?
Unfortunately I have been arrested before ~ so I know (altho I can only speak for the jail in Harrison County MS) but I was able to make a lot of phone calls - like while I was in a cell.
I sound like a hardened criminal I swear I am NOT!
(I got arrested for DUI when it was bad reaction to medicine, they even beat me up, left me black & blue -- but that's a story for another day.)

They have had them in custody since Tuesday night. I think they are hoping she will break. Unfortunately, you have to wonder if lawyers are allowing investigators to question her.

Think about it. As far as we know all they have is the video showing them all leaving together, but if the crime didn't happen at the residence then they are looking for a needle in a haystack. If MAS doesn't talk then LE needs a miracle. And that's exactly what I'm praying for!:please:

They could move ahead with a circumstantial case. Depends if the DA would want to move forward with the case as it is. Then again, LE may have a lot more than we are being told.

LE is also processing their 2001 truck. DNA could be all over it, along with fingerprints belonging to Jaren. Just because LE hasn't announced its findings doesn't mean it hasn't found anything!! How about the clothes they were wearing that night? Weapons?

Par for the course for the Sun Herald. I hate to say this, because it's our paper, but they can be terrible with "facts." I tend to trust wlox more.

They must have been barraged with calls, lol. His name has been corrected now. How
icon11.gif
for that reporter ...

http://www.sunherald.com/2012/06/13/4008248/new-orleans-dancer-once-trusted.html

Very Unlikely, JL' s body parts began to wash ashore in MISSISSIPPI only 16 hours after they were seen leaving the club! Her Murder had to have taken place soon after they left.

IIRC, her torso was found Thursday evening around 6p.m. and she left Temptations a little after 2a.m., so, that would have been around 28 hours after she was last seen.

16 hours? That doesn't sound right. She left the club on June 6th at approx
2am. Her torso was the first part that washed ashore here in BSL on June 7th at 6pm. Is my math wrong or is that 30 hours? Investigators said the currents and knots were right for her to have put into the water on the 6th and made it to BSL on the 7th.

Her torso was found right before 6pm by the workers on the beach. We really don't know how long it was there do we. Just something to consider. Also the only other dump sites that would make sense would be the rigolets because the old hwy 90 back there is dark and secluded with little to no thru traffic. Another would be that old bridge that separates LA and MS state line (old hwy 90) back in the pearling ton area for those of you who know the area. Then there are all those public piers in Waveland and bay st Louis. Usually no one there after midnight on a weekday.

Let's not forget that it rained for days here in bay st Louis and in the new Orleans area in the time frame of this crime. Most if not all evidence would have been washed away.

LE could tell she had been in the water for a while. If she were dumped in BSL she would have washed ashore far to the east.

LE is also processing their 2001 truck. DNA could be all over it, along with fingerprints belonging to Jaren. Just because LE hasn't announced its findings doesn't mean it hasn't found anything!! How about the clothes they were wearing that night? Weapons?

Oh how I pray they find something! Unfortunately, the clothing is likely in a landfill somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow