'Fast & Furious' actor Paul Walker dies in Calif. car crash

Drag racing called possible factor in 'Fast & Furious' actor Paul Walker's death

Even if drag racing was not involved, investigators are looking at the possibility that another car veered in front of the Porsche and caused the crash, Cohen said.

Tire skid marks on the asphalt near the crash site, which indicate a car was doing doughnut spins, also are being looked at, he said. It has not been concluded that they are related to the Walker wreck, he said. The street has a reputation for fast drivers, which spurred a crackdown by deputies two years ago, he said

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/02/showbiz/paul-walker-death/

Fans, father grieve death of 'Fast & Furious' star Paul Walker
Posted: Monday, December 2, 2013 10:11 AM EST

Snipped and BBM:

Tales of the actor's philanthropy are not new. CNN confirmed one story from a decade ago when Walker noticed a young U.S. military veteran shopping with his fiance for a wedding ring in a Santa Barbara jewelry store.

"The groom was just back from duty in Iraq, and he was going to be deployed again soon and wanted to buy a wedding ring, but he said he just could not afford it," saleswoman Irene King told CNN. "I don't think the soldier realized how expensive those rings are, about $10,000."

Although Walker noticed them, the couple apparently did not know who he was, King said.

"Walker called the manger over and said, 'Put that girl's ring on my tab,' " she said. "Walker left all his billing info, and it was a done deal. The couple was stunned. She was thrilled and could not believe someone did this."

King called it "the most generous thing I have ever seen."

and

Walker Sr. choked back tears as he remembered his son.

"His heart was so big," Paul Walker Sr. told CNN affiliate KCAL. "I was proud of him every day of his life."

The actor told his father that he wanted to take a hiatus from acting to spend more time with his 15-year-old daughter, Meadow, Walker Sr. said.

"And then boom, he got another movie. He would say, 'I don't know what to do,'" the elder Walker said.

He said the actor's siblings are having an especially hard time grappling with the death.

"I'm just ... glad that every time I saw him, I told him I loved him," Walker Sr. said. And he would say the same thing to me."

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/24111341/fans-father-grieve-death-of-fast-furious-star-paul-walker

:crying:

Paul Walker crash: Witnesses saw a 'single speeding car'

Investigators said Monday that the crash on Saturday in Santa Clarita that killed "Fast & Furious" actor Paul Walker and another man appeared to involve only one car.

Eyewitnesses so far have reported seeing only the red Porsche on the street when it hit a tree and a street lamp and burst into flames, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...-crash-20131202,0,5693263.story#ixzz2mMLPi8xd

By the look of what is left of the car they would not have known what hit them. Were probably dead instantly. If the car was so destroyed I cannot see the human body surviving such trauma.

Hopefully they died instantly before the car caught on fire.

R.I.P. to both of them. Condolences to both their families.

I read an article last night that said he didn't die instantly. I can not imagine his last moments. I pray that the article was incorrect and he didn't feel the pain in his final moments.

Even more sad is the fact that she had just moved in with her dad..

Some reports are stating that she, too was at Paul's ROW charity event that he had attended immediately preceding the deadly crash.. But I have yet to see any proof of that being fact and IMO I believe if she had been with dad at his charity event that the two of them would have gone together..where as we know that he was alongside his friend/business partner/race car driver, Roger Rodas, with whom he left the charity event with as a passenger in Rodas Porsche.

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

I read an article from mid-March 2013 that said his daughter, Meadow, had recently moved in with him. She was at the charity event as was the 8yo son of the driver of the car. FWIU, the car belonged to the driver and they had gone on a joy ride. Paul was the passenger in the car. He was not on his way home.

The last puzzle on tonight's Wheel of Fortune was (Category) Movie Title, and the answer was The Fast and The Furious . :eek:

I'd never heard of him either. Pretty horrific looking crash.. RIP, just hope it was over quickly.

He was great in "Joyride" with Steven Zahn (really good movie, creepy as heck!) and "Out of the Blue" with Jessica Alba. Yes, I admit I liked "Out of the Blue" too!

Wow, a firetruck was on the scene in a minute, literally?

I listened to the scanner and it seemed to take some time for emergency personnel to get to them. There was another reported crash, or someone gave the wrong location of the crash, and they were trying to figure it out. I don't think it was a unreasonably long time though, just a minor who goes where. JMO

I listened to the scanner and it seemed to take some time for emergency personnel to get to them. There was another reported crash, or someone gave the wrong location of the crash, and they were trying to figure it out. I don't think it was a unreasonably long time though, just a minor who goes where. JMO

did you watch the video? There was a firetruck there within a minute. It's right at the end. Maybe emt's and LE took longer, but that's defo a firetruck in the video. Maybe a coincidence?

I watched the live video and saw all the aftermath pictures .... they had just come out of the long curve in the street .... were on the "straightaway" ... lost control .... went sideways (passenger side leading ) .... took down the light standard .... car partly buckled in two .... gas tank burst ... fire started .... car still sliding a few feet until it hit the tree .... car buckles some more as it hits the tree ... comes to rest ... and is completely enveloped in the fireball.

The light standard also had a "45 mph" sign on it which was knocked off in the impact .... car could not have been going all that fast .... most likely in a 60 mph "drift" around the curve and then tried to accelerate at the straight stretch and went sideways.... probably not many injuries from the impact ... the immediate fire would have been what killed them ... the fire started before the car finished moving ... if Walker was lucky he would have maybe been knocked unconsciousness from the impact with the pole .... a survivable accident if not for the burst fuel tank.

Rather ironic the deaths would have been "fast and furious" because that is what happened.

By the way , the "figure 8 donuts" mentioned by some idiot news reporter are not related .... they are on another curve farther down the street ... rubber skid marks are numerous but made by puddle jumper rice burners going in circles , not by a Porsche , and not done that evening

However ... that street is popular for doing a bit of racing from time to time.

You shouldn't lose control of a Porsche doing 60k on a bend if you're a racing car driver, but I guess the police report after the crash analysis will tell the whole story.

ETA Ohhh MILES .. I forget you guys aren't metric sometimes

I heard on the radio this morning that there was something wrong with the car, possibly some leaking steering fluid, that they had decided to get checked out and may have played a part in the loss of control and fire.

Regardless, so sad. His poor daughter.

‘Fast and Furious’ is Un-’Fortune’-ate Puzzle Answer on ‘Wheel’

by Adam Buckman | December 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM | TV News, Wheel of Fortune

By sheer coincidence, a puzzle answer on “Wheel of Fortune” Monday night was “The Fast and the Furious” — only days after Paul Walker, one of the stars of the movie series, was killed in a horrible car crash on Saturday.

It was a jarring answer to see on the show, even though the episode was filmed weeks ago in October, long before the tragic accident that killed the 40-year-old action-movie star this past weekend...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv...ous-is-un-fortune-ate-puzzle-answer-on-wheel/

I don't think the puzzle is something to get upset about. I'd see it as a memorial type thing before I'd see it as disrespect, but that's JMO.

Maybe because it's called Wheel of Fortune?

I heard on the radio this morning that there was something wrong with the car, possibly some leaking steering fluid, that they had decided to get checked out and may have played a part in the loss of control and fire.

Regardless, so sad. His poor daughter.

???
If the car is leaking fluid, wouldn't one get it checked by a mechanic rather than driving it around?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back