GUILTY PA - Frank Bonacci, 24, Dunmore, 20 July 2013

On the heels of Skylar's murder, I'm just left to wonder what in the world is going on with these supposedly close friends that drives them to murder? Skyler's "friends" didn't "like her anymore," and Jason was pizzed because of a past relationship?

I mean seriously...this is life kiddos. You ALL are going to encounter a rift in a relationship from time to time. It's no freaking reason to stab someone to death or shoot them in the head!

:steaming:

The thing is...these are not kids here. They are 23-24 year old men. At some point (not directing this at you, it is just a pet peeve of mine) we have to stop calling people over 18 kids and maybe they will stop acting so badly, IMO. Know the brains, etc...but still. I didn't know of many people who were still bullies or "kids" at 18-23 when I was young. It seems kind of rampant these days.

Skylar's case was sad and horrible because they were SO young. But at least technically they were "kids" though nothing excuses such behavior past the age of maybe five.

I just found out my niece dated Neil Pal... She said he was a jerk and pushed her around and she couldn't take it .. and completely cut him off...

The Case Archive is updated.
The link is ^ a few posts upthread.

Preliminary hearing lasted 2 days, Friday 10/11 and Tuesday 10/15. Dominick and Pal were bound over for trial.

Family and friends wore orange and "Frankie's Voice" buttons, and there were so many supporters they overflowed the courtroom.

Triggerman was Jason Dominick, and it was a murder because of jealousy.

Judge Nealon has decided the charges will stand.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/judge-charges-against-pal-and-dominick-will-stand-1.1618842

A judge ruled the first- and third-degree murder charges filed against the Scranton men accused of killing Frank Bonacci will stand.

Motions filed on behalf of Neil Pal and Jason Dominick disputed whether sufficient evidence existed to support the charges, arguing the case had not been established during preliminary hearings in October.

Mr. Dominick faces first- and third-degree murder charges. Mr. Pal faces first- and third-degree murder charges as an accomplice.

The trial has been scheduled for April 28.

Both men will stand trial together. No COV.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/ju...ried-together-in-frank-bonacci-case-1.1650936

A Lackawanna County judge on Friday ruled Neil Pal and Jason Dominick will be tried together for the death of Frank Bonacci.
In a 45-page order, Judge Terrence Nealon also denied Mr. Pal’s request that the trial be moved to another county, and ruled prosecutors will be permitted to use evidence they obtained from Mr. Pal’s Facebook account, cell phone records and his home.

Regarding the change of venue, Mr. Walker alleged extensive pre-trial publicity made it impossible to obtain an impartial jury. Judge Nealon denied the motion, but said he would allow Mr. Walker to raise the issue again based on responses from potential jurors once jury selection begins.

The 45-page document seems daunting, but a few pages in, you can read the text messages and facebook stuff that preceded the murder.

All over a girl they both wanted.

The link here in my previous post (in blue) works, but the link in the actual article did not work for me.

Interesting new development.

Apparently Jason Dominick confessed the murder to another inmate.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/inmate-claims-accused-killer-confessed-bonacci-murder-1.1659369

"We're going to challenge the validity and more so, the accuracy," said attorney Bernard Brown, reached by phone Friday. First Assistant District Attorney Gene Talerico declined to comment.

Lackawanna County Judge Terrence R. Nealon granted an extension to file motions, but denied the request to delay the trial. If a motion to suppress the evidence of the inmate's interview is filed, a hearing on the motion will be held April 14.

More motion stuff, and more about the "snitch"

Attorney Bernard Brown filed a motion Thursday to suppress statements of an inmate who alleges that Dominick made incriminating statements while the two were in Monroe County prison.

http://www.wjactv.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.pa/3beb3e44-www.wjactv.com.shtml

From this article there is a better/more complete story you can reach by following the link, at Times-Tribune (thetimes-tribune.com)

Case Archive is updated as well.

This ought to get Pal a nice long sentence. I was worried that Dominick would get a long sentence and Pal would get a slap, but now it looks hopeful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalloryK
Back