Madeleine died 'after large sleeping pill overdose'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also...a deliberate killing? That is chilling. Can a mother hate an innocent child so much as to plan and premeditate her murder? Why was the nanny left behind in England? Why did Kate not bring her mom, Mrs. Healy along, to watch the kids, as Fiona (last name?) did??? Why did the McCanns not take advantage of all the various child care options afforded by the resort?

Was it all preplanned this way, so that Kate could get rid of her "hysterical" child in a foreign country, far from the scrutiny of the excellent British police agencies?

Has it been established that they have a nanny?

Do you think it would be much easier to give an accidental overdose by syringe than by pills? I know kiddos have a hard time swallowing pills and are often reluctant to do so.
Oh yes, is much easier by syringe than by pills. Madeleine was only three years old and quite an active child, MOST kids IF they may get into an accident wont' swallow a LAGE amount of pills...they do not taste nothing like candy! The report speaks of a LARGE amount.
Can a mother hate an innocent child so much as to plan and premeditate her murder?
Unfortunately, CAN happen. Even more if she is a woman who wants to live a certain lifestyle and she is having three kids (3 and under) and is unable to control them. Does anyone know if Kate suffered of post-partum depression?

There have been varying translations (from English to Portuguese back to English) of what Mrs. Fenn heard Madeleine saying on the night of May 1. Originally, it was Daddy, Daddy, I'm hungry, I'm hungry. Then Daddy, Daddy, I eat, I eat. The most recent version was Daddy, Daddy, I swallow, I swallow. Did she swallow pills?

There have been varying translations (from English to Portuguese back to English) of what Mrs. Fenn heard Madeleine saying on the night of May 1. Originally, it was Daddy, Daddy, I'm hungry, I'm hungry. Then Daddy, Daddy, I eat, I eat. The most recent version was Daddy, Daddy, I swallow, I swallow. Did she swallow pills?

Wow thats scary. I wonder what Daddy did when she didn't "take her medicine like a good girl".

...Even more if she is a woman who wants to live a certain lifestyle and she is having three kids (3 and under) and is unable to control them. Does anyone know if Kate suffered of post-partum depression?

Here's a quote from the media thread:

''...it was Kate who usually took care of the children, putting them to bed regularly, while Gerry played tennis or rested by the pool. The deposition of the senior British citizen (Pamela Fenn), who occupied an apartment on the floor above the one that was used by the McCanns, also indicates that Kate sometimes became violent. She lost control, and it was easy to hear the girl’s screams, calling out for her father. Another witness, also a British citizen, refers the same scenario. Kate seemed to have moments of aggression towards her children, while the father, although more absent, revealed more emotional control.''

Apparently this scenario of depression and agression is spelled out in Kate's journal/diary. Now I wonder who the other British citizen is? Is it one of the Tapas group, perhaps Dianne Webster?

Still believe that the parents are to blame but, is it possible that they had been sedating the children at night so they would sleep through dinner ect..... Did Maddie have difficulty going to sllep that evening so, she went to look for the "sleepy time pills" (my words) and take more so that she would be able to sleep? I could see that being a good possibility if the pills were within her reach. It still would mean though that the parents have attempted a cover-up.

Hmmm..became violent? This would indicate that Mrs. Fenn either HEARD or SAW Kate being "violent" towards the kids. There is a big difference between being violent and aggressive.

The only thing that I am not convinced about this drug overdose theory is: IF they were giving Maddie pills/sedatives to sleep, how come the night before Mrs. Fenn heard her crying for 75 minutes and her parents had to return to the apartment because of it? If she was being "drugged" she should have no reason to get up at all!

My biggest concern with Mrs. Fenn is why did she not come out with all this info in the beginning? It was a lengthy period of tim ebefore she had told police about Maddies evening crying session. Now she claims that Kate was violent and aggressive. I am not saying that I don't believe it. I guess my question is, Why now?

The only thing that I am not convinced about this drug overdose theory is: IF they were giving Maddie pills/sedatives to sleep, how come the night before Mrs. Fenn heard her crying for 75 minutes and her parents had to return to the apartment because of it? If she was being "drugged" she should have no reason to get up at all!

Perhaps May 3 was the first night she was given a sedative, and it was done in response to the neighbor's complaints, so the parents could go out and party.

The more that I read about Kate and Gerry, the more I think they are both equally responsible for their child's demise. I can see that smug piece of work lounging by the pool and Kates frustration boiling up to agression and spilling over into violence.

Perhaps Mrs. Fenn didn't feel comfortable making her statements while the McCanns were still in Portugal. She may have been afraid of them.

I agree. I too, believe that sedatives were given, in response to that complaint by Mrs. Fenn, and the response by the resort manager. If the news piece that I read, is accurate - this "crying event" took place 2 days prior to the Tapas Party.

"France Soir said DNA analysis of the fluids showed the four-year-old had ingested larged quantities of sleeping pills. "

DNA analysis wouldn't show if the child had ingested sleeping pills. Your DNA isn't altered when you take sleeping pills.
I'm quite suspect of this articles accuracy because of this stupid statement.

I'm hoping they meant two analyses were made--one being a DNA to determine identity, and two being a toxicology study. Can we assume that it was traces of vomit found in the trunk?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=481642&in_page_id=1811
Madeleine McCann died of an overdose of sleeping pills, it was reported tonight.

A respected French newspaper said it had seen evidence that body fluids found in the boot of her parents' hire car proved the missing girl had been sedated.
France Soir said DNA analysis of the fluids showed the four-year-old had ingested larged quantities of sleeping pills. The newspaper said it had seen "hard evidence", now in the hands of the Portuguese authorities, about Madeleine's "death".........

Guilhem Battut, an investigative journalist with the paper, said a report outlining how she died was already with Portuguese prosecutors. He said scientific analyses of the fluids found in the car boot "prove that the little girl had ingested medicines, without doubt sleeping pills, in large quantities". These would have caused "an overdose", said Battut's report.

(snip)

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it was very interesting and didn't want it buried.

It is interesting, but there still seems to be a controversy over it. After looking at the link, though, for some reason the picture of the McCann's and the twins, all happy and smiling, makes me ill.

It is interesting, but there still seems to be a controversy over it. After looking at the link, though, for some reason the picture of the McCann's and the twins, all happy and smiling, makes me ill.

It's the only one I have seen them smile in. No point in trying to make the twins happy and normal when you are constantly doom and gloom. Certain things you have to do for the other children.

I am sure at this point they have wrapped their heads around it to a certain extent. I am willing to bet it's been a little while since they couldn't even laugh at a funny joke.

If they are proved to be guilty of her murder, I will be calling for them to be hung, drawn and quartered, believe me. I just cannot condemn them for smiling.

While everyone reacts differently, I cannot recall a parent of a missing child that we have discussed on websleuths laughing and smiling. I know I could never react like this within weeks or even months after my child went missing.

a 'respected' French newspaper?????? LOL

Perhaps you guys should "sleuth" a little.......

"On the 7 June 2006, France Soir reappears after more than one and a half months of absence, under a new direction of being France's first proper tabloid newspaper, in the vein of the British newspapers, The Sun and The Daily Mirror. The headlines of the first edition of the new France Soir, which pulled to 150 000 copies, consisted of Mariah Carey, Guy Roux and of a headline of road safety." Wikipedia....

The newspapers may be having a hayday with the reporting but it doesn't take away from the facts of the case. The McCanns did leave their toddlers to go out and they do appear jovial in several pics. The team investigating the rental car seems credible and there is no way decomposition smell would be there unless it was. The fact of DNA and what exactly that entails is yet to be established fully but it seems that there is a smoking gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak