Anthonys pushing for jailhouse funeral for Caylee!

Cheryl Downs was murdered on May 19, 1983. Her mother/murderer probably did attend her May 25th funeral as she was not indicted and arrested until February 28, 1984. In the interim, little Cheryl's critically injured brother and sister were under police guard.

Michael and Alex Smith were murdered on October 25, 1994. Their mother/murderer confessed on November 3rd and their little bodies were pulled from the lake that same day. Their funeral was November 6th. I doubt their mother/murderer attended. She was confined under a 24 hour suicide watch, wearing a paper gown.

I'm glad you asked this question. Casey's attorneys and family keep insisting this case is "special" and "unique". It is not. Caylee is far from the first child tragically murdered by the person who should have loved her the most and protected her from all harm. :furious:

And

Noah, Paul, John, Luke and Mary Yates were murdered on June 20, 2001. Their mother/murder confessed that same day and did not attend the June 27th funeral.

Casey's attorneys and family keep insisting this case is "special" and "unique". It is not. Caylee is far from the first child tragically murdered by the person who should have loved her the most and protected her from all harm. :furious:

ITA - the only thing unique about this case is the weird and wacky behaviour of the immediate family. I've just spent a few minutes trying to think of a word to describe them, but I gave up. There is no word I know of that adequately does the job. Even the tacky behaviour of all the lawyers involved is not unique. Only the A's are unique, and not in a nice way.

Personally, I no longer care what the Anthony's do, or don't do. They are driving me whacky, too. :furious: I don't think this jailhouse funeral/memorial will be allowed, if they ever get up the gall to request it.

A psychologist on one of the programs said the she thought it was a "healthy" idea for the family. To grieve together.
I know it will never be allowed. However, I can see where the lawyer and the family is coming from and wanting to do this. I don't think it would go as well as the psychologist would think though. I don't think George could take it, and I am not sure mother and daughter would either. Lee would probably fly off to another state to avoid it.

In every instance that we've been privy to regarding visits between the Anthony's and Casey, it has been a struggle for them to weasel any information from her, and a struggle for her to get them to not ask her any questions. The memorial service would disintegrate into a push me/pull me match.

I do not see this request for a memorial service at the jail so Casey can attend like most do. I see it as an attempt by the guilty party to relieve some of the harm to the innocent party. Ever seen the movie, "Gas Lamp"?

I have a new thought on this funeral issue. If she wanted to attend Caylee's funeral she had 31 days to tell where her body was! She could've called in a tip, and attended the funeral like a grieving mother. Oh that's right she was to busy doing hot body contests. She let this poor baby lay out there. she has no interest in a funeral.

Lavanda Dolce I believe you stated the most important thing here.

"This is about CAYLEE. This is NOT ABOUT CASEY." (quoted from lavanda dolce's post # 257 respectfully)

This is about Caylee, not about KC not about CA, or GA or LA. Caylee and the trial of the one that was arrested for her murder. It's not about who did this or who did that, but about justice for Caylee. Any means or measures taken to distract us from Caylee are being taken right now. We must focus on what matters and that is Justice for Caylee and the fair trial of the person that has been arrested for her Murder. Boy they sure are pulling out all the stops to get us to look away from the one person that is sitting in jail huh?

I think they want us to look away from more than just Casey. I think it has more to do with LE making moves on the family, and they are doing everything they can to try to get sympathy in the hopes that will not happen. It certainly distracted us from this statement from Allan...

News 13 was told the Thursday before George Anthony disappeared that Allan said if the Anthonys would come forward with any "truthful" information, they would be more than happy to sit down and talk with them.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/1/26/george_anthony_to_be_released_from_hospital.html

The only parties mentioning it are the A's and Lee's attorneys. Nothing has been said on behalf of Casey. So we don't even know what Casey thinks of the idea....and my bet is that she doesn't want it.

Exactly. This was not Casey's or Baez's idea. It was Cindy's idea. Lee is out of town and George is in the hospital. So again, Cindy is in control, the way she has always been. I agree with the panel on NG last night that this is just a ploy to make Casey out to look like the grieving mother that we all know she is not...if she was grieving, she would of started grieving when Caylee died. Like she said in her Aug jail house video, the only time she has ever been so mad was the day that Cindy went to visit and kept asking her questions about where Caylee was.. Casey said she had to do what was best for Casey...not once has she pleaded with the public over Caylee or cried over Caylee..It's been nothing but lies, high fives and smiles in court. She cried two times, when they set her first bond and when they denied her last one. This is all Cindy "IMO".

I was hoping, by the thread title, the anthony's had pi$$ed of LE and they were "pushing" for a jailhouse reunion that way. I am sickened by the real meaning, but not a bit surprised. Raise your hand if you hate the anthony's.

:hand: :furious:

Clock's Tickin said:
I'm probably going to get shot at here, but I think a jailhouse memorial service might be the best thing the A's could do at this point. Perhaps my belief system is a little different, but I always believed that memorial services were for the living, the ones left behind. Caylee is already gone--has been for months. . . . They may NEED to look KC in the eye as they bless the memory of this baby as a part of their healing process.

But that's not the question. The law is not concerned with their healing process, but with whether the only suspect in a child-murder case should have a funeral service in the jail. Does Casey have a right to this?

And morally, we have to ask if she really cares one way or another. I don't believe for one minute that Casey is asking for this.

That may seem cold, but the way Caylee was murdered and cast aside was also cold, in my opinion.

I don't see how it can help the family heal for all of them to be standing there together in the jail, unless they expect a sudden confession from Casey.

Official: Funeral for Caylee Marie Anthony at jail is highly unlikely
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-bk-caylee-anthony-no-jail-funeral-012809,0,4165679.story

- A jail spokesman said today that it's "highly unlikely" a funeral for slain toddler Caylee Marie Anthony will be held at the Orange County Jail.

- Moore's statement said the jail "has received no request or communication about an in-jail funeral memorial for Caylee Anthony."

- It also says "it is highly unlikely such a request would be granted. Our consistent policy in regards to Casey Anthony's incarceration is to treat her no differently than any other inmate in her custody status."

Exactly. This was not Casey's or Baez's idea. It was Cindy's idea. Lee is out of town and George is in the hospital. So again, Cindy is in control, the way she has always been. I agree with the panel on NG last night that this is just a ploy to make Casey out to look like the grieving mother that we all know she is not...if she was grieving, she would of started grieving when Caylee died. Like she said in her Aug jail house video, the only time she has ever been so mad was the day that Cindy went to visit and kept asking her questions about where Caylee was.. Casey said she had to do what was best for Casey...not once has she pleaded with the public over Caylee or cried over Caylee..It's been nothing but lies, high fives and smiles in court. She cried two times, when they set her first bond and when they denied her last one. This is all Cindy "IMO".

my bold.....

Hard to see where so many blaming the A's or Cindy for persuing any 'jail house funeral.......

Sounds to me like it's simply lawyers *spinnning* the media.....how can this even "be in the works" when OCDC CONFIRMS "no request has been received" ??

From your link you posted

http://www.wesh.com/news/18578289/detail.html

"No such request has been received by Orange County Corrections," spokesman Allen Moore said. "It is highly unlikely such a request would be granted."

Official: Funeral for Caylee Marie Anthony at jail is highly unlikely
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-bk-caylee-anthony-no-jail-funeral-012809,0,4165679.story

- A jail spokesman said today that it's "highly unlikely" a funeral for slain toddler Caylee Marie Anthony will be held at the Orange County Jail.

- Moore's statement said the jail "has received no request or communication about an in-jail funeral memorial for Caylee Anthony."

- It also says "it is highly unlikely such a request would be granted. Our consistent policy in regards to Casey Anthony's incarceration is to treat her no differently than any other inmate in her custody status."

Thanks BeanE......I've been posting the same things.

Wish we had a 'rumor' thread.....I think this thread belongs there.

I haven't seen any comment from JB (or anyone on the defense side) about this. Have they said anything? All I've seen is comments from BC and a brief reference to a quote from Lee in an article. Nothing from KC or KC's attorneys.

TIA

this is just another request for the "private" no bars/cells/window/phones barred visit that bc has been requesting since in or around 12-11---this is just yet another way to put it-- perhaps in a "sympathy" type attmosphere....remember he did state they wanted to "mourn" with kc without those pesky little recordings/videos---they are just trying to place themselves above the law---better not work for them...didn't work for scott p ----:furious:

Just bury the baby---PLEASE!!!!!!!:twocents:

my bold.....

Hard to see where so many blaming the A's or Cindy for persuing any 'jail house funeral.......

Sounds to me like it's simply lawyers *spinnning* the media.....how can this even "be in the works" when OCDC CONFIRMS "no request has been received" ??

From your link you posted

http://www.wesh.com/news/18578289/detail.html

"No such request has been received by Orange County Corrections," spokesman Allen Moore said. "It is highly unlikely such a request would be granted."

I have to agree with this-I think that the attorneys are on full spin mode and tossing out whatever insanity they can think of next to paint this defendant in a terrible light and to whip us common folk into a frenzy. If they can inspire a few more threats against the Anthony's it will ensure the change of venue and speak to the pretrial media preventing a fair trial...jmo.

I'm probably going to get shot at here, but I think a jailhouse memorial service might be the best thing the A's could do at this point. Perhaps my belief system is a little different, but I always believed that memorial services were for the living, the ones left behind. Caylee is already gone--has been for months. Regardless of KC's role in her daughter's death (and no matter what we think we know, the truth may never come to light) even she must come to terms with the finality of her actions/inactions. More importantly, the A family has not even had the ability to grieve properly. No matter what any member of this board may think, I feel it is inhumane to deny them the opportunity to say goodbye as a family--even in the presence of the accused--if that is what they feel will aid their grieving process. They may NEED to look KC in the eye as they bless the memory of this baby as a part of their healing process. I don't think it will be a benefit or detriment to either side of the legal table. I just hope it can be decided quickly so the family can move on. I would not expect a burial. IMO the A's will more than likely keep Caylee's cremated remains as I don't believe they are anywhere near ready to let her go.

I disagree. I do not believe that it would be in the best interest of neither George, nor Cindy to have to grieve in the presence of Casey...and I am thinking of them "for them" as I don't believe either is capable of clear thinking right at this moment. As for Casey, there is no grieving as there would be for any normal person. Casey has justified in her mind as to why she wanted to be rid of Caylee and as far as that goes she is not and would not be grieving as a "normal family" would be grieving. She only grieves for one person. Herself.

Perhaps CA or LA should release a statement denying this scenario. If they really want to deny it. On the other hand, it does fit with their "victim" persona.

Whatever....they could end all speculation on this if they wanted to.

What would happen to CA and GA if the jail actually granted their funeral request and then KC refused to come ?

Or/ from the dark hatred looking glares Ca gave KC on the 8/14 tape, does CA just want to get close enough to KC to finish what she started on the 15th of July?

Those looks told me beyond a doubt that CA does not believe a word KC says. KC couldn't talk or lie fast enough to keep CA from talking or asking questons. It was truly a sick scene between a mother and daughter. It seems like for KC, if she stops talking she loses.

I can only hope that George is advised to not go home. I don't think Cindy is doing him any good. The man NEEDS to accept reality and I believe he can if she is not in his way. What a shame as this is the time a man and wife should be bonding...however, I can't help thinking the suicide attempt was also a scream to get me alone somewhere where I can think and not be influenced. So what good is it going to do for him to be released and back home with Cindy planning a funeral for Caylee with Casey in attendance at the jail? What are they trying to do? Kill George? His spirit is already gone...the man needs to come to grips...at least there is hope for him. I don't know about Cindy. No hope as long as she keeps up her "someone else did it" attitude.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back