Conway Presser - Fri., 2/6/09

I viewed this presser as free advertising - he was just 'drumming up business' for Tuesday's event - gotta fill those pews!

LOL...its not like theres a cover charge for entry.

I think he means that the troops are fighting for our freedom....
and that freedom includes innocent until proven guilty!

I understood exactly what he said. I think it was ridiculous to state, however, that you are disrespecting our troops in Iraq if you do not presume Casey A innocent. The state is doing so. She received due process of law before being put in jail pending trial. She wasn't publicly stoned, beheaded or otherwise executed without trial. The state is not even seeking the death penalty. They are going to spend millions giving her a trial. She will get a change of venue and a LONG jury selection process. She has private counsel of her choosing and a panel of forensic experts. In the privacy of my home, based on her behavior and statements and the little "evidence" I've heard, I may think it's highly likely she is guilty. It has absolutely nothing to do with disrespecting our legal system, the constitution or the troops in Iraq. It's a silly attempt at spin.

Anonymous donors are helping pay for the memorial service. Caylee's remains are at the funeral home and def. and pros. are both finished with them. Anthony family has received threats and security will be tight at memorial.

If I were the Anthony's I would not attend the public memorial. It is for the PUBLIC to remember Caylee. By them attending, it will put the spot light on them & take it away from Caylee. Not saying that is right, it's not, but I think it would be best for them.

Repeating the information from the previous press releases and thanking the press for leaving the A's alone. Talking about tight security and the list of people who can't come. Most already know who they are and any who show up will be excluded. They are delaying planning their private memorial to selflessly give thanks to the public by planning this one first. Private donors financing. Casey won't be able to come because it would require a furlough.

Yeah, right. I think they are delaying their own funeral for their own reasons, and it has more to do with LE waiting to question them after the funeral than it has to do with pleasing the public.

This can be moved to the rant thread. I am going to have to take BC onto the spinalcord unit where I have lived for the past 14 yrs. with disabled men & women who would have alot to say to him. That comment did not have to bring in the subject of wounded vets. If you watch one human being injured in their first year of rehab to just survive they would tell you their struggles are not for a woman sitting in jail for the murder of her daughter. Yes they do fight for our right for a fair and just trial but not for the under the table type of law. You would think being differently abled he would use a better chice of words.

I find it especially appalling that it came from a man confined to a wheelchair.

I think he means that the troops are fighting for our freedom....
and that freedom includes innocent until proven guilty!

That freedom includes DUE PROCESS with jurors that presume innocence.

Tell me he didn't really say that- you're kidding, right? Please say you're kidding!

ETA: Perhaps a jury must presume but I am free to presume anything I want!

Well that just pizzes me off. My son in law & many of his friends have been to Iraq & I assure you they didnt do it to protect the likes of KC. I doubt the troops would be in the same room with her let alone fight for her freedoms. She is in jail & has no freedom.

What is the value of free media coverage and pressers for the lawyers and/or spokespersons involved with the defendant and her family? Priceless.

MOO

DT

With a herd of premium lawyers and knee-deep in experts, Casey is the last person in the U.S. who should be screaming about not getting her "due process".

IMO

I give up...what is so hard about planning a private funeral? I'm thinking they both can be done within time.....One might not be camera perfect but that would be why "private" would come into play...why leave her in the funeral home to satisfy the "public"--personally--I'd rather see her out of the cardboard box than hear of a "public" invite only memorial.....This could have been done with or without them havng control over her remains....Bury the little girl!

It's absolute rubbish...what's stopping them having the funeral over the weekend? He thinks we are idiots.

I notice Conway says the bracelet was placed in the clothes "by the family". Not CA, GA or LA. He's trying to present an image that they all think alike, and they're all in the same place with this horror story. IMO, after GA's breakdown, I don't think that's the case. Whoever put the bracelet in there (most likely CA) probably did it unbeknownst to the other two. One of them might break away.

Surely BC can find a better way to underscore Casey's right to the presumption of innocence IN A COURT OF LAW (vs the Court of Public Opinion where there is no such requirement/expectation) then the one he used today.

It was his choice of words, IMO. Why bring the troops up at all? A very cheap and low shot, IMO. :furious: (don't think I've ever used that icon before but I am ticked!!!) Yes, the troops are fighting to protect my right to freedom of speech and I believe she is guilty as sin. And that is not disrespecting our troops! :furious::furious::furious::furious:

I'm so
our heroic troops are sacrificing their lives to protect her-
they don't even know her
what did she do to protect her child? Nothing
she lied-lied-lied- that is a coward!

Leave our wonderful troops out of this sham!

This is my opinion.

With a herd of premium lawyers and knee deep in experts, Casey is the last person in the U.S. who should be screaming about not getting her "due process".

IMO

DING-DING! I second that emotion!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

DT

Yeah, right. I think they are delaying their own funeral for their own reasons, and it has more to do with LE waiting to question them after the funeral than it has to do with pleasing the public.
HA HA! I totally agree. Especially since LE said they won't do anything til after the funeral.

Ok, I didn't read the first thread of this; confined myself to the second one only. And I didn't watch the presser, but respect and appreciate the reporting I've read here. (Just setting the stage for where I'm coming from.)

BC was absolutely wrong to equate KC with anything to do with the troops in Iraq, and any of the ones who have come before. I sure hope KC appreciates my DH's tour of duty in Viet Nam, too!

As far as the presumption of innocence contained in the Constitution; well, I don't have a pocket copy; I feel it's firmly entrenched in my brain and my heart. The referenced presumption refers to a court of law. The presumption will be there in a court of law. No where that I know of does the Constitution speak to public opinion, or mandate that the public has to presume any one innocent, based upon an individual's perception, belief and understanding of the facts. In fact, I seem to remember somewhere that pesky little amendment that mandates the public's opinion to think and speak (within limits) quite the opposite. Think it's called...the freedom of speech?

Did LE say they would question the A's further after the funeral?

This really burns me up. No wonder these people think they are above the law, evidently, no one is willing to prove otherwise to them. Why?!

And people wonder where Casey learned it from. Hopefully after the funeral, which is what LE said back in December, probably not knowing it would go on this long. But I think they were putting some pressure on them just before George's "attempt" and weren't going to wait any longer.

As a mother who on Tuesday sent her son on his second tour of duty in Iraq, I'm appauld at compairing KC to the troops! He and the Anthony's aren't fit to wipe their boots! :) How much more can they do to alienate people? Guess they just need to open their mouths! LOL

Does BC not have any other clients? He seems to be at the Anthony's ALL the time...

May God bless you and your son. I can understand your anger.

It is odd how he's at the As all the time, particularly given he says they haven't done anything wrong and he's a criminal lawyer, not a funeral director.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back