An arrest has been made!

Her father says this woman we see on TV is not the same woman they know. Her grandmother wants to know whatever happened to the presumption of innocence until after a trial. It sure looks like they are going to stand behind her all the way. Unless she is taking the fall for someone else, how can they deny what she has apparently done?

http://cbs13.com/video/?cid=6

I can't watch the video because my computer won't let me. But I have often wondered where our right to innocence until proven guity has gone too. I also think her family is still trying to come to terms with the person they thought they knew and what she really is. I could be wrong but I know I can't really come to terms with what she has done. I can't imagine how it would be if I was a family member. Just the horror of allowing her near their children...never suspecting the monster that was laying within that sweet patient exterior.

I don't have any info on Thomas Testa but if he has tried two death-row cases, he might come up on google or one of the law info sites. I'm sorry to hear about the gag order motion for myself but actually am glad for Sandra's family. This is going to be really rough for them if what we are is hearing is true (and I think it is).

Prayers for strength for Sandra's family,

Salem

JDB: the three kids that were raped by her, did they just report it? Or was it known before Sandra went missing?

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090414/A_NEWS/904140316

(posted also in media thread, article dated 14 April 2009)

Points of interest that caught my eye about Huckaby (only a few details)

Since Friday's arrest, details of Huckaby's past - including petty theft and mental illness - are beginning to surface, ...
...They acknowledge rough patches in her life spotted by depression (They= her family)

...A trail of court papers from Southern California to Stockton indicates legal and personal problems dogged Huckaby in recent years.

A judge recently ordered her to attend a mental health program as part of her probation for a theft conviction at the Tracy Target store, court papers show...

...Huckaby lived with her grandparents as long as seven years ago in the mobile home park, court papers say. She was unmarried, going by her maiden name, Lawless, and in 2002 filed a domestic violence restraining order against an ex-boyfriend.

...By 2003, she was living in an apartment nearby on North Tracy Boulevard and had filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection, unable to pay tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills and credit card charges.

Sutter Tracy Community Hospital had sued her months before, seeking more than $10,000 for unspecified medical treatment, while she worked at a Food 4 Less grocery store...

...She got married eight days after filing for bankruptcy. Four months later, Huckaby gave birth to her daughter...

...Huckaby and her husband lived in Orange County, separated in 2004 and divorced the next year, court papers say...

...Her known criminal record dates to 2006, when Huckaby was convicted of petty theft in Los Angeles County. She served jail time for the charge, but it is unclear for how long...

...In November, again living with her grandparents in the mobile home park, San Joaquin County prosecutors charged Huckaby with felony commercial burglary and petty theft for stealing from the Target store.

She pleaded no contest to misdemeanor petty theft in January...and the other felony count was dismissed. Huckaby is on probation pending completion of a mental health program, court papers indicate...

A great deal of that we already knew, but some was new to me. It looks like the reporters took the opportunity this weekend to get started on digging up her past. I think there may be more to come. IMHO, we haven't seen anything to indicate violent criminal activity in the past as of yet, but there seems to be a trend of behaviors starting to emerge. Anyone care to share the trends they interpret from this little bit of information that we already know of Huckaby? (I have chosen to stop referring to her by her given name, it's just my little snarky way of denying her social politeness)

JDB: the three kids that were raped by her, did they just report it? Or was it known before Sandra went missing?

Mcdraw What I heard and was toid is There we 3 kids involved in either being Drugged or Molested. I know 1 was not reported for some reason.And it was known before Sandra went missing. In fact Melissa herself was about to answer a reporter question about one of the drugging when his Cell phone died.

San Joaquin County Superior Court
Stockton Courthouse
April 14, 2009

NOTICE TO THE MEDIA:

The arraignment in the case People of the State of California v. Melissa Huckaby has been scheduled for Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 1:00pm in Department 35 of the main Stockton Courthouse located at 222 E. Weber Avenue , Stockton , CA 95202 .

The case number will be determined upon filing of the complaint. Please see the attached order regarding media activity in public areas in the courthouse. Also attached is a copy of the court’s local rule 1-107 regarding media coverage.

2009-04-13 Order Regarding Media Activity In Public Areas Within The Courthouse

Pool cameras will be admitted into the courtroom starting at 12:15 pm . The following personnel will be admitted and allowed to gather images and sound:

Two (2) TV pool cameras (16x 9 and 4x3) – To be determined by the media
One (1) still photograph camera – Associated Press
One (1) video camera for newspapers – Stockton Record
One (1) pool designee for radio – KFBK 1530 AM

No live transmission will be allowed.

Due to high media interest, there will be limited courtroom seating; not all media may be allowed in the courtroom.

20 seats have been designated for journalists. The following media agencies have been chosen by members of the Statewide Bench-Bar-Media Committee to occupy those seats:

Sacramento Bee
Tracy Press
Stockton Record
Bay Area News Group
Associated Press
San Francisco Chronicle (print pool)

KOVR-TV (CBS affiliate)
KCRA-TV
KXTV-News10
Univision, Channel 19
ABC Network News
NBC Network News
KTVU (Fox affiliate)

The remaining 7 seats designated for journalists will be assigned by lottery. The lottery will occur at 11:30 am at the Clerk’s Office in Room 303 (3rd Floor).

Parking for media will be available on the 200 block of Main Street between San Joaquin and Hunter. Your media credentials will be needed to park in this designated area.

Regular updates will me made to this site.

Please refer all questions to:

Stephanie Bohrer, Public Information Officer
(209)468-2878 phone
(209)479-6542 cell
(209)468-8576 fax
sbohrer@courts.san-joaquin.ca.us

Please, please tell me this family isn't going to mimic the A's.

No. I don't see them doing any such thing. I think they will defend her if they truly believe in her innocence, but not if they suspect or are confronted with evidence to the contrary. (They mentioned this in an article/interview/video which I will have to find now.)

Good grief! Keep an open mind? They must be going for a mental defense. Too bad it's so premeditated it makes my head spin.

I have thought the mental defense all along.

Seems to me to be premeditated! When she called LE to report her suictcase stolen.

I have thought the mental defense all along.

Seems to me to be premeditated! When she called LE to report her suictcase stolen.

I think when she got the suitcase out of the closet or where ever she kept it, it became premeditated. I don't think we will find her scrapbook materials either. Not to forget the sex toy. She planned this all the way.

I have never seen a mention of a "sex toy". Where did you come up with that?

Rape by instrumentation
is an act within or without the bonds of
matrimony in which any inanimate object or any part of the human body,
not amounting to sexual intercourse is used in the carnal knowledge of
another person without his or her consent and penetration of the anus
or vagina occurs to that person.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_rape_by_instrumentation (Bolded by me)

I have never seen a mention of a "sex toy". Where did you come up with that?

"involved a lewd or lascivious act on a child, and involved rape with a foreign object"

Maybe sex toy is the wrong choice of wording? I only assumed.

I guess the media isn't allowed to broadcast the hearing live? Do we know if any media outlets will be twittering? If so, please post the twitter links. Thanks!

I only think we need to be specific is why I questioned it. It will be very important to the case as to what was used and if they found an object said to be used in the crime.

It is possible they won't be able to find anything since it could be "any part of the human body" as mentioned above in what I posted for definition.

I have no words for this case. I am sickened to the core.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back