Anthonys want autopsy results sealed AND ALL Autopsy Updates

Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

• Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

Votes: 505 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From WESH:

In the case against Casey Anthony, now that the judge has ordered sealed that controversial jail video, the next legal battle looming is over Caylee Anthony's autopsy report.

Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland is scheduled to hear the motion at 11 a.m. Friday in the Orange County Courthouse. He has issued a temporary stay of the autopsy report's release until that hearing.

JWG posted an update in the Today's Current News thread. :)

JWG posted this on news thread

Judge To Decide On Release Of Caylee's Autopsy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From WESH:

In the case against Casey Anthony, now that the judge has ordered sealed that controversial jail video, the next legal battle looming is over Caylee Anthony's autopsy report.

Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland is scheduled to hear the motion at 11 a.m. Friday in the Orange County Courthouse. He has issued a temporary stay of the autopsy report's release until that hearing.

Sweet! Friday at 11am. Keeping my finger's crossed we get to see the report.

Who will be at the motions hearing? Obviously Cand G and BC since it was their filing. But will CA and her team of lawyers be present as well?

I think they should be sealed until the trial. Only because I don't want Casey appealing anything. She may complain she didn't get a fair trial. I can wait until the trial to find out what the results of the autopsy were. I'm willing to wait if it means that Casey has a fair trial. Yes, I believe she is guilty but, if she has a fair trial she has no reason to appeal the sentence.

I agree with your sentiments, I certainly don't want any grounds for appeals upon a guilty verdict (hopefully). However, it is not Casey's dream team defense who have objected to the release of the autopsy reports. Apparently, they don't feel a need to block their release in their quest for a fair and impartial jury and trial. It is the Anthony's who have, through their attorney, requested the report not be released. That, at least to me, makes it a big difference. If there is nothing the defense feels is damning, then why shouldn't the public have the right to know, as the Sunshine Laws allow? Just because the Anthony's don't want the public to know that info????

Who will be at the motions hearing? Obviously Cand G and BC since it was their filing. But will CA and her team of lawyers be present as well?

Angel - The Sentinel has reported that they will have counsel there, but that Casey will not be in court -- not sure about JB, AL et al

IMO, old fractures could of showed up ..........proving earlier child abuse..........
and it would make CA/GA look like bad grand parents........that they KNEW
kc was NOT a good mother and HID the fact.............to me CA/GA want to save face or their butts not kc.......

Exactly! And I don't know how it's done in Florida but, in Pennsylvania, if anyone knows abuse is happening and doesn't report it to the authorities, they will be charged as well.

Question-if the judge allows the AR to be made public, will it be made public on Friday? We already know it has been available since Friday just temporarily sealed. I hope so b/c for some reason I feel that if the judge rules in favor of the OS, JB will then file a motion to keep it sealed.

Does anyone have a link to directly download the PDF file? I can't seem to get it to load on any of the links I've tried. TIA.

What I'm looking for is BC's basis for filing this motion, that is, what legal standing he's saying (if he's saying) the As have to block release of the autopsy report. It doesn't seem to me they have any from my understanding.

TIA

Does anyone have a link to directly download the PDF file? I can't seem to get it to load on any of the links I've tried. TIA.

What I'm looking for is BC's basis for filing this motion, that is, what legal standing he's saying (if he's saying) the As have to block release of the autopsy report. It doesn't seem to me they have any from my understanding.

TIA

I just found this link. Hope it helps! :)
http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0618/19789282.pdf

why should the A family have anymore special privleges that a regular family does not get? They may be enablers to abuse Caylee endured all her life and this autopsy may tell the tale!!!!

I'm betting $$$ to doughnuts that this Motion is going to be denied and the results will be released. The primary basis for this motion is 'great anguish' for CA & GA. From what I can tell about FL's Sunshine Law that isn't going to be near enough reason, in my opinion.

Granted, this case has had huge media attention, however 99.999% of relatives experience great anguish when reviewing autopsy reports. Bottom line - I can't see how it could affect KC's right to a fair trial. The Medical Examiner's opinion 'is what it is'. period. People are gonna talk/speculate whether it is released now or later.

That said, I want Judge Strickland to err on the side of caution. Don't want even the slightest chance for appeal.

Thank you so much, Queen! I was able to download that. Now I'm off to read it.

ETA: Ok, it's because they're custodians of Caylee's remains. I'm mulling this over in the context of if KC had given custody of Caylee's remains to, oh I don't know, say... Amy or Tony or Jesse or Ricardo. And if they said, as custodian of Caylee's remains, the release of her autopsy report would cause me anguish etc. etc.

Regardless of C & G being Caylee's grandparents, they simply have no greater or different *legal* standing than anyone else given custody of Caylee's remains.

As painful as the information contained within the autopsy report may be to any number of people, I feel a greater injustice and lack of respect is shown to Caylee by *not* releasing her autopsy report.

Caylee deserves to have the truth - the whole truth - be known about what happened to her.

How does releasing an autopsy report cause them any more anguish? They already know what's in it. And the case is already discussed and speculated upon every night anyway. Obviously something in it reflects very badly on Casey.
If the judge releases it - when would we actually see it? Same day?

How does releasing an autopsy report cause them any more anguish? They already know what's in it. And the case is already discussed and speculated upon every night anyway. Obviously something in it reflects very badly on Casey.
If the judge releases it - when would we actually see it? Same day?

If not the same day perhaps a few days afterwards.

Honestly, I can't see Judge S sealing this autopsy report. But I could be wrong. I just don't think it's going to happen. But this is a very bizarre case. It's clearly a public record. And unlike the video this will be released at trial.

Honestly, I can't see Judge S sealing this autopsy report. But I could be wrong. I just don't think it's going to happen. But this is a very bizarre case. It's clearly a public record. And unlike the video this will be released at trial.

I can't see him sealing it because of the argument BC presents. I'm sure most families are anguished by autopsy results of victims. If he does, it will be precedent setting and I don't think JS will want to do that. Wouldn't that be like allowing any public record that causes anguish to the family be sealed?

I can see him not releasing it because it may be inflammatory to KC. Can he go out on his own and seal it for this reason without a motion being made by the defense? I don't think the defense can stand to have any more comments made by the judge that another public record has to be sealed because it's inflammatory to KC. Not in the same week anyway.

I found it kind of interesting that BC only served the State's Attorney's office and none of the media? I think he has been an Attorney long enough to know who would need to be served. I'm surprised that the Judge didn't throw it out for that reason, but, gave them time to serve who they needed to. It just bought them a few days time. I wonder why KC won't be at that hearing?

I hope you are right. I tend to believe the same. That unlike the video (even though both the autopsy and the video are considered to be inflammatory by JS) that the autopsy is probative. Therefore, I can think of no other reason (looking at case precedent) that it rises to the level of the three part test. Hence, it will be released.

Despite my feelings for GA/CA, I do pray for them. I do not wish harm upon them. I can only hope that they seek family, marital or some other type of counseling when this comes out. My heart, in this one sense, goes out to them. No loving GP (and I do believe they loved Caylee) should have to read about how their beloved grandchild died. In a perfect world, there would be no murdered children. Unfortunately, some children grow up to become murderers. A murderer is always someone's child. They weren't found under a rock on the side of the highway...

I hope you are right. I tend to believe the same. That unlike the video (even though both the autopsy and the video are considered to be inflammatory by JS) that the autopsy is probative. Therefore, I can think of no other reason (looking at case precedent) that it rises to the level of the three part test. Hence, it will be released.

Despite my feelings for GA/CA, I do pray for them. I do not wish harm upon them. I can only hope that they seek family, marital or some other type of counseling when this comes out. My heart, in this one sense, goes out to them. No loving GP (and I do believe they loved Caylee) should have to read about how their beloved grandchild died. In a perfect world, there would be no murdered children. Unfortunately, some children grow up to become murderers. A murderer is always someone's child. They weren't found under a rock on the side of the highway...

Awwwwww!! LittleBitty, what a kind and loving person you are. Thank You so much for being such a sweet person. I wished I could be your kind of person----I really do.

I see the A's different than you do. The way I see this is that the A's don't want this autopsy released for selfishness---they don't want to have it in the public's hands yet. They know they can't keep it under wraps forever---but are hoping they can hid it long enuff to get this foundation on it's feet.

Yes, a murderer is somebody's kid but the way these peeps have acted---I hope the ground opens up and the A's are sucked into a deep hole. See? I'm not sweet. When I think of them---I get this evil feeling within me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong