NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to jump in, but the chat with Mark Klass is going on now, and here is a small piece that may be useful...

<Marc_Klaas> Log onto klaaskids.org, select newsletter, then scroll through the menu's until you see an article directed at human trafficking.
<Marc_Klaas> It will blow your mind.
<Marc_Klaas> Just a taste:
<Marc_Klaas> Domestic sex trafficking is one of the critical issues facing children in America today. Many of the victims are on missing posters, some are not. I have included a few statistics below, and have attached a document that outlines the bigger picture. You will be floored.

Shaniya's brother on Nancy Grace tonight. He looks like he is around 22 yrs or so. Said his mother died when he was 10 yrs old. Shaniya's dad is his dad and he is also black. He said they never would have allowed Shaniya to go to her mothers if they had known about the invironment she was going to live in. It doesn't sound like anyone checked out the mobile or anything else. The dad's sister was shown on Nancy...probably from a news clip but she didn't say where she dropped Shaniya off at. She said that Shaniya said "I love you aunt Carry and I'll see you soon." The poor aunt had to cut the interview off because she couldn't talk anymore. She has been the mother figure in this little girl's life.

Haven't see hide nor hair of the girlfriend of the dad. I hope she is being supportive of him because he sure needs that.

I thought the sister of this young man, Chyenne said they knew momster was on drugs and wasn't doing all that well? I know the info is always conflicting and confusing at these stages, but it never gets less frustrating.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91608"]Urgent: Live Chat with Marc Tonight!The FCC Won't Help KlaasKids Find the Missing. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

the link to read along with the chat or ask questions

I remember it was presumably AD I believe who tipped LE re MAM's family and that they could find him there... but that was several days after the fact. I just really wish we knew when he showed up there!

:parrot:

You think so? To me, it looks like the top button isn't lit up but the bottom one is.

If you walk in from a parking lot of a hotel, you are usually on a ground floor. Ground floor elevators would have only one button to get it to you, then you choose your floor on the inside of the elevator. Judging from the pic of the hotel, there are only 3 floors if I'm not mistaken. LE knows what room he was in, I'm sure of it. The hotel manager recognized seeing him there with Shaniya but to my knowledge, did not report that McNeil rented the room. That's why they are possibly looking for the person that rented the room. I've got a feeling they have a video snapshot of a blue toyota in the parking lot on the day the room was rented.

I thought LE got a tip from someone saying to go over to the area that Shaniya was found in and look for her body. I didn't know that this creep led them to her body. Is there a link for that?

I don't have the link handy, but the 'raw' video the moment they discovered her body, when interviewing one of the searchers, he said someone overheard someone in a parkinglot that he'd heard that the guy arrested had confessed to 'killing her' and where to find her body. An area where there were deer carcasses. The guy being interviewed, they recalled walking by that area and how it 'reeked,' so they returned there. It was another, out-of-state group who discovered the child's body.

HTH, LOL and you don't ask me for a link!

fran

If you walk in from a parking lot of a hotel, you are usually on a ground floor. Ground floor elevators would have only one button to get it to you, then you choose your floor on the inside of the elevator. Judging from the pic of the hotel, there are only 3 floors if I'm not mistaken. LE knows what room he was in, I'm sure of it. The hotel manager recognized seeing him there with Shaniya but to my knowledge, did not report that McNeil rented the room. That's why they are possibly looking for the person that rented the room. I've got a feeling they have a video snapshot of a blue toyota in the parking lot on the day the room was rented.

This is a four story hotel I called and they told me. And I agree McNeill in all likelihood never stopped to register or rent a room himself. So regardless of whether there was a "buyer," it would almost seem implicit he would have to have been IN THE ROOM when this transpired. Also agree hotel, and LE has that blue Toyota on video since even if it belongs to some "buyer," he would never have given a legit name nor his own vehicle ID.

:parrot:

I don't know KiKi. I have an elevator in my building that I use regularly, and I swear there is a button above the one that's lit...but it isn't illuminated...you can just barely see it.

If that's the case (they're on the 3rd floor and going down), does that mean he is in the process of LEAVING the hotel with Shaniya at this point?

Is it just me or are there other folks here that cannot stand Nancy Grace? And who is that freak of nature with the long dark hair & glasses she has on?

Gah, it's like a bad bad SNL skit.

I appreciate her passion but I get frustrated with her.
It has to be a real bombshell day for me to watch her.
If she is covering a case I am interested in I read here while it is on and then read the transcripts.

NC prime destination for human trafficking?Updated at 08:50 PM today

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The case of Shaniya Davis is shedding light on the problem of human trafficking in North Carolina.

There are several factors making North Carolina a prime destination for traffickers.

Outrage, shock, and anger are a few of the ways many describe the death of 5-year-old Davis, while her mother faces serious charges. But, perhaps even more shocking is the number of children in the country it happens to every year.

There's an estimate that says 200,000 American children are at risk for being trafficked into the sex industry every single year.

Rachel Braver works with the statewide task force called RIPPLE, which addresses human trafficking.

"It's estimated that 600,000 people to 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders every year," Braver said. "North Carolina has several factors that might make it a prime destination for traffickers to prey on victims."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7124225

"Shaniya's brother on Nancy Grace tonight. He looks like he is around 22 yrs or so. Said his mother died when he was 10 yrs old. Shaniya's dad is his dad and he is also black. He said they never would have allowed Shaniya to go to her mothers if they had known about the invironment she was going to live in. "

Ok I'm confused isn't Shaniya's dad white? He did not look black to me. Mom is black which is why she is half black.white. So was Shaniya's older brother also from a black mom?

Shaniya's brother on Nancy Grace tonight. He looks like he is around 22 yrs or so. Said his mother died when he was 10 yrs old. Shaniya's dad is his dad and he is also black. He said they never would have allowed Shaniya to go to her mothers if they had known about the invironment she was going to live in. It doesn't sound like anyone checked out the mobile or anything else. The dad's sister was shown on Nancy...probably from a news clip but she didn't say where she dropped Shaniya off at. She said that Shaniya said "I love you aunt Carry and I'll see you soon." The poor aunt had to cut the interview off because she couldn't talk anymore. She has been the mother figure in this little girl's life.

Haven't see hide nor hair of the girlfriend of the dad. I hope she is being supportive of him because he sure needs that.

Thanks - I cannot stand to watch NG for reasons I won't get into. From what I have seen of Mr. Lockhart's wife that was murdered, she was black. I have been trying to clarify that the young lady that was shown with Mr. Lockhart and his sister in the very first press conference was in fact Carey Lockhart-Davis's daughter and not the fiance of Mr. Lockhart (if there is in fact a fiance). I got this information from a news link and I am totally link stupid on this night and am unable to find it again ...so, this has to be considered unsubstansiated (can't even spell tonight) information until I can refind the link.

Eleph

"Shaniya's brother on Nancy Grace tonight. He looks like he is around 22 yrs or so. Said his mother died when he was 10 yrs old. Shaniya's dad is his dad and he is also black. He said they never would have allowed Shaniya to go to her mothers if they had known about the invironment she was going to live in. "

Ok I'm confused isn't Shaniya's dad white? He did not look black to me. Mom is black which is why she is half black.white. So was Shaniya's older brother also from a black mom?

Yes, Mr. Lockhart's wife who was murdered sure looks black to me.

I agree with what you're saying about the ground floor of a hotel and how the elevators are normally set up. However, do we know for sure that this is a shot of MAM first arriving at the hotel?

I have such a hard time believing a mom could have anything to do with this, even though as a WS member I know I shouldn't be surprised. Anybody think it's possible that mom was out all night, left the kids with her sister then came home to find Shaniya gone ?

Wishful thinking, I know. I can't stand the thought of her own mother sending her off to such a horrible fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74