GUILTY NY - Marc Bookal, 4, Newburgh, 14 Dec 2009

I didn't see any search dogs in the pictures. They should have them. What about the boyfriend's car. Are they having dogs for that? They are being very tight lipped so far. Maybe they think they get him to crack and confess?

Just paroled in April. Nice.

Paroled in 1999 after 2 yrs. Is that for reckless endangerment with the other child?
I hope the other boy lived.
And I hope he is living with a great family.

Mom: I found a link to 2006 nursing home pdf.
She was a CNA then.

I didn't see any search dogs in the pictures. They should have them. What about the boyfriend's car. Are they having dogs for that? They are being very tight lipped so far. Maybe they think they get him to crack and confess?

BBM. Unfortunately, almost everything that happens in Newburgh is "tight lipped." You have to know someone in law enforcement in order to find out anything :(

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/new_york_state/091215-newburgh-boy-missing-arrest

watch the video here...

the burns happened when the boyfriend was caring for the child.

The baby that he assaulted happened 11 years ago (wonder if he has been doing time for that long?)

The mother still defends him.

LE says that the area is very, very active and that if he would have wandered out someone would have seen him.

The boyfriend has lawyered up and is not talking to law enforcement.

OK, here we go again. Why do mothers continue to leave their precious children with boyfriends/caretakers that are unsafe or with criminal records? And why do they keep on defending these men???? It happens over and over. The child had been abused previously, and the boyfriend has some kind of past criminal history with child abuse. WHY do women continue to do this? Please, God, have it such that he really did just walk away, but my gut feeling is that's not what happened. :(

OMG....I have read quickly through this thread...hoping against hope for a "happy ending"...but the more I read, the more my heart is sinking

another "stepdaddy"...or "boyfriend" or whatever....and then to read of his past violence..

how to identify sweet little Marc?? Oh by the burns on his hands...thanks to the "boyfriend".

who wants to bet that DCF (or whatever it is called in NY) has been paying visits to this family already??

My thoughts and prayers are with little Marc

TNM88...bless you for wanting to go out and search, but in that last video they said they had "called off the search for tonight"....and will resume tommorrow

this does not look good :(

NG just had a 5 min. segment maybe more later?
IIRC she said THAT BF HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH CHILD ENDANGERMENT
and lawyered up!

NEWBURGH — Police are searching for a 4-year-old boy who disappeared Monday afternoon in the City of Newburgh.

City police said Marc Anthony Bookal is 3 feet 5 inches tall and weighs 42 pounds. He is a light-skinned black boy with a medium length sandy-brown afro and brown eyes. He was wearing a red long-sleeved shirt, white Nike sneakers and gray sweatpants. Police said his skin is blotchy on the backs of his hands.

Marc was last seen about 1:20 p.m. at his family's apartment in a two-family house on Benkard Avenue. The boy and his stepfather were reportedly getting ready to visit a relative, when Marc walked out of the apartment a couple of minutes ahead of the stepfather.

When the stepfather left the apartment, Marc was gone.
Anyone with information on Marc Bookal's whereabouts is asked to call Newburgh police at 561-3131.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/912149976

Marc Anthony Bookal, 4, msg 12/14/09 from Newburgh, NY - Help Find The Missing

Why do women let their boyfriends take care of their children when they have a criminal history? It happen all the time! The BF is home while the mom is working, child suffers some injury or worse. Are these women so desperate for a man, ANY man, that they will risk their beloved children? When will they learn that their children are FOREVER and men just come and go. Women need to be strong and feel they can support themselves and their kids WITHOUT some man lounging on the sofa that has no biological relationship. This is so sad, and sometimes I feel the mothers should be legally responsible when they leave their children knowingly in an unsafe environment.:waitasec:

Did I see mom on NG?
No tears? Was that her???
He has 3 siblings also.
Christine Bookal?
Temps in NY freezing.......
BF said 4 yr old could go to aunts alone!
BF called mom after LE
Marc didn't go to school yesterday.
Not BF son. Father lives in Conn.

Mother defending BF!!!!
No tears or pleas...........something is terribly wrong with this!!!
When and who last saw this baby???

Yes..that is Christine...the mother of the boy that this creep injured 11 years ago
no word on how that baby is doing??? I think he was the father of that baby that he beat up...what a 'big man"...NOT

I agree...I think these irresponsible mothers should be charged

I also feel that it should be part of a felon's parole that he can NOT live with a woman and her kids...especially if she is getting any sort of public assistance

I am sooooo sick of seeing cases where DCF (or whatever they call it in various states) was called in....these are "known risk factors"

Shaynia Davis....Shannon Dedtrick (and why so many defend her mother Tina I have no idea...Tina gave up Shannon and sat there for 5 days while searches took place...NO thanks to Tina that the poor baby was found...in a box...Tina didn't do anything to save her)

and on and on

always these bad choices..a series of bad choices and it is the kids who suffer

frankly I thought poor little Marc's mom seems more worried about the boyfriend than about her son....eeeeeeeeeeeeee

The child's mom has a strange affect. Not upset or crying, pleading for the little boys return, kind of flat demeanor. Wierd. Poor family dynamics - living with BF, child had a "stomachache" and did not go to school yesterday, bio dad wanted the boy back (according to mom). All sounds fishy. Cory Byrd has criminal record for reckless endangerment of his own child. NG on TV is hitting her hard w/ questions about why she left Marc with a man known to abuse. The mother is clueless, states to NG that "they had a good relationship" and "if he was being abused, he would not have gone to him." WTH????Something is going on here......:waitasec:

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091214/NEWS/912149976

Boy, 4, missing in City of Newburgh

Marc Anthony Bookal, 4, shown here in an undated photo, disappeared from his home on Benkard Avenue in the City of Newburgh about 1:20 p.m. on Monday.Photo provided by City of Newburgh police

By Heather Yakin
Posted: December 14, 2009 - 8:07 PM
NEWBURGH — Police are searching for a 4-year-old boy who disappeared Monday afternoon in the City of Newburgh.
City police said Marc Anthony Bookal is 3 feet 5 inches tall and weighs 42 pounds. He is a light-skinned black boy with a medium length sandy-brown afro and brown eyes. He was wearing a red long-sleeved shirt, white Nike sneakers and gray sweatpants. Police said his skin is blotchy on the backs of his hands.
Marc was last seen about 1:20 p.m. at his family's apartment in a two-family house on Benkard Avenue. The boy and his stepfather were reportedly getting ready to visit a relative, when Marc walked out of the apartment a couple of minutes ahead of the stepfather.
When the stepfather left the apartment, Marc was gone.
Anyone with information on Marc Bookal's whereabouts is asked to call Newburgh police at 561-3131.

I pray this little boy is alive and he's returned to his family. How scared he must be if he is alive.

I believe that Cory Byrd was arrested for violating parole - being that he is probably not supposed to live with children. These Moms that defend these losers who may be the abuser! It's sickening.:furious:

Hinky meter hits the top!

wears his hair in a medium length afro and has discolorations on the back of each hand from a previous burn injury.

I'd sure like to know more about the burns, and how they happened.

Lord, please watch over this little child.

Mel

I don't have much hope for this sweet little boy. Do we know how long the BF was alone with him and if he had any way to travel? What are the chances this child will be found in the vacinity?

Lord, these women who leave their babies with no-account losers make me so crazy. It's just not normal.

TNM88...bless you for wanting to go out and search, but in that last video they said they had "called off the search for tonight"....and will resume tommorrow

this does not look good :(

I did not go to the exact street that Marc is missing from but I did go to the area tonight. Like the news said, it is a very active area so I didn't notice any more activity than normal. However I did see a lot of taxis with the missing posters taped to the windows. Still praying for Marc and hoping he is somewhere safe and warm although its not looking too good. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back