Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I get sick to my stomach every time I think about the methods used in other countries.
BUT i did hear thru the grapevine they were waxing the water board.

When I hear what he did to the young lady with the baseball bat, I have NO problem with waterboarding. It sounds much more pleasant than what Stephany went thru.

In this procedure, the individual is bound securely to an inclined bench, which is approximately four feet by seven feet. The individual's feet are generally elevated. A cloth is placed over the forehead and eyes. Water is then applied to the cloth in a controlled manner. As this is done, the cloth is lowered until it covers both the nose and mouth. Once the cloth is saturated and completely covers the mouth and nose, air flow is slightly restricted for 20 to 40 seconds due to the presence of the cloth... During those 20 to 40 seconds, water is continuously applied from a height of twelve to twenty-four inches. After this period, the cloth is lifted, and the individual is allowed to breathe unimpeded for three or four full breaths... The procedure may then be repeated. The water is usually applied from a canteen cup or small watering can with a spout. This procedure would not last more than twenty minutes in any one application.

A couple rounds and he'll soon be chatting about both cases (IMHO).

Mel

going on what i heard on greta if i heard it right, mark said, he was told she hit her head on the bed frame which is wood, but it was hard enough they suspected with human force.
you don't think that drunk fell on her? its got me wondering.
he looks totally intoxicated. why would she go there with him?

It's possible that a translation of something like 'he used the broken (or part of) bed post like a bat' could be what how the bat came into it?

Bingo. How many of us carry bats around? I think he used something from the room (ie, bedpost), or from the bathroom (towel bar). We're not getting all the information -- as in yesterday we were told she was stabbed.

I also don't think this is the actual room. How could it be? If you were beat head to toe, there would be blood. Blood everywhere -- especially if there's a head wound. Just recently I hit my head on a corner of a cupboard, and the head bleeds like no tomorrow. Not to mention the nose, face, mouth, etc.

Sorry to be so graphic.

MOO

Mel

joran2.jpg

Oh that picture is just gross. No briefs on (I wonder why), and it looks like he pis*ed his pants. I hope they find the briefs and white shirt somewhere. I don't know many men who go commando -- but maybe it's popular over there.

MOO

Mel

It looks like it is Stephanie sitting on a couch holding her head in her hands with her head down...You can see her hair, but because her clothing is dark as well as the couch it is hard to make out her body.

Is your reference (in the still shot posted by ilovemew) to the furthest left of center circle on the couch, or to the right - behind the metal object where there appears to be the top of a head - center part in hair, appears to be someone seated, only top of head visible.

I think a lot of the intial misinformation came from the distraught father and the media took it and ran with it. I read that he was the one that said she was stabbed and that blood was everywhere.

It looks like it is Stephanie sitting on a couch holding her head in her hands with her head down...You can see her hair, but because her clothing is dark as well as the couch it is hard to make out her body.

Is your reference (in the still shot posted by ilovemew) to the furthest left of center circle on the couch, or to the right - behind the metal object where there appears to be the top of a head - center part in hair, appears to be someone seated, only top of head visible.

I can totally see what Kimmer is talking about. But I honestly think it's an optical illusion from the light bouncing off the vinyl couch.

I also see the figure behind the metal object on the right. I see the part in the hair. I think that's Stephany but I think she's standing.

I'm off to bed. I can't look at it anymore - it keeps morphing into something else. LOL Let me know what you come up with. :)

I think a lot of the intial misinformation came from the distraught father and the media took it and ran with it. I read that he was the one that said she was stabbed and that blood was everywhere.

along with imperfect translation, lack of knowledge (cervical plus blunt object =cervix and rape with object) conclusions and assumptions with so many in the thread and info coming fast and furious. I know I had to step back for a bit because people kept asking the same questions that were asked before because they are not reading what info is already here. This has moved very fast. It's a lot of reading but is important to do it so we don't keep going over the same stuff again and again. Wouldn't be so much reading to catch up if you stop to have dinner lol!

It sounds like there is bail, but most people can't afford it.

"Arrest and Detention

The law requires police to file a report with the Public Ministry within 24 hours after an arrest. The Public Ministry, in turn, must issue its own assessment of the legality of the police action in the arrest. Judges issue warrants based on sufficient evidence. The law also provides for the right to prompt judicial action. The time between an arrest and an appearance before a judge averaged 20 hours. Judges have 24 hours to decide whether to release a suspect or continue detention. A functioning bail system exists, but many poor defendants lacked the means to post bail. By law detainees are allowed access to a lawyer and to family members. The Ministry of Justice provided indigent persons with access to an attorney at no cost. Persons detained for espionage, drug trafficking, corruption, and terrorism may be held for up to 30 days. Police may detain suspected terrorists incommunicado for 10 days. The Public Ministry oversees the detention centers, which the ombudsman also monitored."

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/hrrpt/2008/wha/119170.htm

I'm trying (unsuccessfully at this point) to find out if Peru entertains the insanity defense. No luck so far.

In one of the many videos I saw tonight, one of the talking heads said there will be a zero percent chance of bail because JVS fled the country and tried to conceal his identity. If you look at the hotel picture, you'll see that his hair is much darker than the perp walk orange hair picture. I defer, because this could be due to lighting. However, there's no escaping that he fled the scene of the crime. I doubt he'll ever get bail.

MOO

Mel

In one of the many videos I saw tonight, one of the talking heads said there will be a zero percent chance of bail because JVS fled the country and tried to conceal his identity. If you look at the hotel picture, you'll see that his hair is much darker than the perp walk orange hair picture. I defer, because this could be due to lighting. However, there's no escaping that he fled the scene of the crime. I doubt he'll ever get bail.

MOO

Mel

I totally agree! This is Peru not the US where criminals have more rights than the rest of the country.

well, I might if I just smashed someone's head in and stole 5000.00 dollars from them. I might be too flustered and forget my cigs. He managed to tell the hotel not to enter that room for a few days and then got the heck out of Peru. I bet he used profaine words when he realized he'd forgotten the cigarettes. I guess we could trace his hasty retreat by finding out where he bought those cigarettes and I bet it wasn't too far from the hotel

I am so sorry for Stephany's death, God bless her and her family, but I am so happy Joren has finally been caught in the evil he does. Joren reportedly smoked non stop in his taxi ride out of Chile. I guess he was having jitters.

anyway, jmo, and Dairygirl, not picking on you, I like your posts but couldn't resist since I'm a smoker and I do forget those cancer sticks sometimes.

Great post. And if you go back to Natalie H's case, he said in an interview that he left his shoes behind on the beach. He didn't go back and get them because he was already going home (one of the brothers had picked him up). To this day those shoes have not been found.

Absent minded feller isn't he!

MOO

Mel

ETA: link to 2006 interview re: Natalie:

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/joran-van-der-sloot-2006-interview-10828526

along with imperfect translation, lack of knowledge (cervical plus blunt object =cervix and rape with object) conclusions and assumptions with so many in the thread and info coming fast and furious. I know I had to step back for a bit because people kept asking the same questions that were asked before because they are not reading what info is already here. This has moved very fast. It's a lot of reading but is important to do it so we don't keep going over the same stuff again and again. Wouldn't be so much reading to catch up if you stop to have dinner lol!

+1 Exactly!

IMO that's Stephany! To the far right in this still photo - standing. She's not behind any silver object - they blocked her out. And...it looks as though she's wearing a coat?

FWIW-----many stories today dealt with the "bat" ( american) vs. the 'racket' ( spanish).

.."google" translated stories are an instant click away, and therefore not always "accurate".

..english to spanish dictionary ------"bat" = 'raqueta'.

..perhaps that is how "baseball bat" became "racket" in the translated to english news stories.

..( of course now we have conflicting reports as to whether there WAS or WASN'T a bat at all...greta says no, NG says yes.....)

IMO that's Stephany! To the far right in this still photo - standing. She's not behind any silver object - they blocked her out. And...it looks as though she's wearing a coat?

Okay... see between JVDS and that gray metal thing that you said looked like an ashtray or trashcan? It looks like someone sitting on the couch with their head in their hands - but I think that's an optical illusion.

Yes, (I think)Stephany is to the far right. The gray metal thing is blocking most of her except for the top of her head (see the part?) and maybe a little bit to the right of that (is that what you think is her coat?

FWIW-----many stories today dealt with the "bat" ( american) vs. the 'racket' ( spanish).

.."google" translated stories are an instant click away, and therefore not always "accurate".

..english to spanish dictionary ------"bat" = 'raqueta'.

..perhaps that is how "baseball bat" became "racket" in the translated to english news stories.

..( of course now we have conflicting reports as to whether there WAS or WASN'T a bat at all...greta says no, NG says yes.....)

I posted this earlier;

It's possible that a translation of something like 'he used the broken (or part of) bed post like a bat' could be what how the bat came into it?

Porcinegranny:
I bet he used profaine words when he realized he'd forgotten the cigarettes.
..............for a second------and then he remembered, oh right, i have $5000.00 to buy more.

..which he did, the chilean cabdriver said he smoked non stop-----LE surely has retraced his steps PRE cab ride---and found where he bought his cigarettes, did he dispose of his luggage there? was he frantic? distraught? used the rest room to wash blood off his hands?

..i wonder how joran's 1st night in a peruvian jail is going?? probably nothing close to his time spent in an aruban jail..

To the right and behind the metal object.

I posted this earlier;

..exactly. stories were coming in fairly quickly-----and then with the translation from spanish to english...

..reports that there was NOT a (baseball) bat-----you could be correct----in that he used the bedpost AS a bat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998