2010.08.16 Baez/Cheney Press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was on WESH news about an hour ago. I think it was just a platform for Baez to whine some more...

and, I think that press conference will get very little airtime or interest.

The one statement I heard by Baez before closing browser on him (have a bad enough headache today :sick:) was....

There was a meeting this morning with attorneys and Perry and Judge Perry will be "signing the order....probably today"......but when questioned by reporter for details, he stated "meeting details were under seal"....

Sorry...after that comment, just had to ZAP Baez and make him go away....

Just bizarre wasn't it! For a minute I thought I had slipped back in time. I mean here they are saying "We now have access to the documents, order should be signed later today, probably tomorrow..." and I'm sitting here going:waitasec: haven't they had access to the danm documents for months now, WTH is he talking about! :confused:

Don't you wish making him go away was as easy as closing the window...:dance:

Now we only heard from defense so does that mean that maybe MN was able to get what he wanted also, which seemed pretty fair to most of us here. jmo

Now we only heard from defense so does that mean that maybe MN was able to get what he wanted also, which seemed pretty fair to most of us here. jmo

I would suspect that, as follows:

1. Those that felt the need to do a presser and speak out were doing damage control and trying to portray this as a win,

2. Those who are quiet and don't feel compelled to speak are maintaining a professional stance and consistent standards.

The question is ..... did HHJP give any ground or feel compelled to relax the rules on the Defense to accomodate them and/or prevent a future appeal?

I am just amazed KC is still letting JB defend her. Between him & her parents, her goose is cooked & that's fine by me.
As far as the docs, I doubt JB or CM want to spend their time going over 4,000 pages looking for something. I also doubt they want to pay a clerk to do it. As usual, they probably want the state or Nejame to do their work for them or he thought Brad was gonna do him a favor & just do it.
I sincerely hope the Judge had a stern, no holds barred "Come to Jesus" meeting with the defense camp today. At the pace JB wants to go, KC will be wearing depends before this case come to trial.

<snipped from> http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...bout-brad-conway-sideshow.html/comment-page-1

WFTV-Ch. 9’s Kathi Belich said EquuSearch and the defense worked out a deal — during a private meeting this morning with Judge Belvin Perry — clearing the way for the defense to have greater access to defense records.

what's funny to me is the fact that when this goes to trial none of this will even matter. The Jose and Mason show won't matter, Cindy's press vacation weekends won't matter, the only things that will matter will be what the State has to show and say and no amount of childish whining and holding their breath till they turn blue, by the defense, will change that.
The TES nonsense is just that...nonsense. There's a witch hunt going on and Jose's the pitchfork and Mason has the torch and the TES volunteers are their prey... but it doesn't matter because when it's time to put up or shut up the State will be putting and the defense team will be shutting.

I have always been told that in Florida LIFE means LIFE in prison after trial and sentencing.

However, I think with ICA that LIFE means LIFE in jail awaiting Defense preparation for trial.

May 2012?

What gets me is defense has already determine that they will find someone to blame this on without any evidence available to them now. How is that possible? jmo

snipped from: http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/august/137701/George-and-Cindy-Anthony’s-lawyer-quits

Jose Baez press conference in response to Conway

4:29 p.m. - Baez says he has a case to try and he's not so much concerned with sideshows. I was made aware of statement by Conway: I was allow to see statements but not allowed to alter documents...does not make any reference in my motion regarding photocopies. We were not allowed EquuSearch documents, but Conway was. We were not allowed same courtesies.

4:31 p.m. - Baez says he takes "serious issue that Conway used national forum to do this. I had open communication since beginning, but he never let me know about any issue. He can call me anytime and if any confusion, he can call me. It's extremely disappointing."

4:32 p.m. - On behalf of the defense team Cheney Mason said it is unfortunate that Conway made comments to press. Cheney said &#8220;EquuSearch issues were resolved in court this morning. We will be confidentially allowed to look at documents and make notes." All concerns were rendered moot. Defense will receive fair treatment.

4:36 p.m. - Baez: Anthony family wants defense to review all EquuSearch documents.Perry recognized criminal case. Defense will be allowed to do what is reasonable to defend client. Order will likely be signed Tuesday. EquuSearch never had right of privacy. Perry made it clear that with death case, defense over privacy.

4:37 p.m. - Defense will be able to inspect the documents. &#8220;We are trying to save a human life and [it&#8217;s] in best interest to do our job,&#8221; Baez said. &#8220;Bottom line, we want to know what happened out there.&#8221;

So the big fight was to be able to bring in their pens and notepads?

When is Jose going to learn to not open his mouth until he's done some research? This lie, or misstatement, is regarding his OWN MOTION. At one point in the press conference Jose defends himself by saying "I don't think anywhere in our motion it refers to making copies or altering of documents."
(1:03 mark here: http://www.wftv.com/video/24651478/index.html)

Well, Jose here's paragraph #11 of YOUR MOTION (found here: http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...ication for Subpoena Duces Tecum 8-9-2010.pdf - please note my emphasis added below)

11. Additionally,TES counsel acknowledges that he allowed another lawyer, not part of the defense team, to review all of the documents at this leisure. Interestingly enough, that lawyer now represents the parents of the Defendant, who were previously represented byTES counsel, for whatever purposes, primarily related solely to media appearances. There were no issues of privacy raised then; no indications that that lawyer was restricted from having copies or making notes; no indications that that lawyer had to pay cash in advance to look at the files. Where is the "bad faith" now?

When is Jose going to learn to not open his mouth until he's done some research? This lie, or misstatement, is regarding his OWN MOTION. At one point in the press conference Jose defends himself by saying "I don't think anywhere in our motion it refers to making copies or altering of documents."

Well, Jose here's paragraph #11 of YOUR MOTION (found here: http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/High-Profile-Cases/Anthony/Downloads/Response%20to%20Motion%20to%20Quash%20the%20Court's%20Order%20on%20Defendant's%20Application%20for%20Subpoena%20Duces%20Tecum%208-9-2010.pdf - please note my emphasis added below)

11. Additionally,TES counsel acknowledges that he allowed another lawyer, not part of the defense team, to review all of the documents at this leisure. Interestingly enough, that lawyer now represents the parents of the Defendant, who were previously represented byTES counsel, for whatever purposes, primarily related solely to media appearances. There were no issues of privacy raised then; no indications that that lawyer was restricted from having copies or making notes; no indications that that lawyer had to pay cash in advance to look at the files. Where is the "bad faith" now?

Dear Prudence, you beat me to it! I just opened this thread to post the exact same thing! That immediately caught my attention. Baez paraphrased that portion of his motion. Notice how he stumbles when he 'reads' that portion. Typcial.

Not only do I think he is an inept attorney, I have ZERO respect for that man. Zip. Nada. None.

eta: I think that was one of the portions that Conway had a huge issue with, too.

My first thought about reading that BC resigned was that someone wanted BC to lie. He refused and "had no choice but to resign." After listening to this press conference, me thinks that BC must know a few things that he could be asked about that are not favorable to JB or perhaps even the A's. This press conference may just be to try and discredit BC in the event that he tells some unfavorable things about the defense. JMO

Okay I watched the video, and there wasn't really any new information - just an interesting spin on he said she said.
I kind of chuckled watching Baez talking and using his IPad for some reference, and CM was only "allowed" to read his written statement. Looks like a little leash work going on there - of the Sit - Stay - variety.

But my real question is - has Baez had hair implants on his forehead to you think? That is some funky hairline he's got.

I'm not a bit fooled by JB & CM posturing - I am betting that HHJP had more that a few colorful, choice words for ALL of the attorneys at that in camera meeting today. Oh, to have been a fly on the wall.

So, now the mystery is - since it seems BC is no longer a potential witness, will he agree to continue to represent the Anthonys???

Okay I watched the video, and there wasn't really any new information - just an interesting spin on he said she said.
I kind of chuckled watching Baez talking and using his IPad for some reference, and CM was only "allowed" to read his written statement. Looks like a little leash work going on there - of the Sit - Stay - variety.

But my real question is - has Baez had hair implants on his forehead to you think? That is some funky hairline he's got.

I also found it quite funny that Mason had to read a written statement. They really should apply that to Baez too.

Well, Jose here's paragraph #11 of YOUR MOTION (found here: http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...ication for Subpoena Duces Tecum 8-9-2010.pdf - please note my emphasis added below)

LOL - Thanks, I've lost count as to how mant times number 11 has come today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member