What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this warm comfortable sort of pleased hum all around me yesterday, and it took me a while to figure out what I was very pleased about. It was a bit like the feeling after you hear a good story or share a really good joke.

Then I realized it was because I knew Baez and Mason were sitting down with Dr. Vass to have a conversation and do a deposition.

How do you suppose it went? Say wha-a-at?
:laugh::floorlaugh:

Silly Baez and Mason! :slap:

I was thinking about this too yesterday and went to bed wondering how the Depo's went and how much Baez and Mason learned.

Well, lets see, no press conference yet only the sounds of crickets again so I guess it did not go as well as they had hoped. I hope Dr. Vass schooled them and let them know his science is NOT junk science.

I hope they got "schooled" too. I just shook my head at Mason when he said it's "junk science" because it's never been admitted into court. Well, HELLO mor*n...there was once upon a time that DNA wasn't admitted into court either, but some wise judge allowed it in. This case could be the beginning of admitting air testing into courts...it has to start somewhere, why not this case? Casey is no more special than the next murderer. It doesn't matter to me that this is Casey's first (and hopefully only) murder either -- DP for her rear! Afterall, she killed her beautiful little daughter and threw her out like yesterday's garbage!

I think Baez and Mason need to have got up real early to have an inkling of the knowledge that Dr. Vass contains in his pinky finger. That's JMHO. They are lawyers, not scientists and perhaps they need to be reminded of such.

Sorry for my rant.

I just read the National Enquirer headline article Nums24 posted in Todays News No Discussion Thread.

So Baez, for all of your media stunts, just how many potential jury members will be standing in the lineup at their favorite supermarket reading that headline or even picking up the rag and reading the article while they wait for the cashier?

I tried to post the actual article but the posting message said uh uh. So fellow posters, go have a look. Definitely not a point for the defense.:croc:

Or wait until the supermarket lineup - LOL

Is a shovel included with this? It certainly "screams" for one.

They already have one. KC borrowed it from the neighbor in order to dispose of the bodeee...errr... I mean dig some plants... one night... when noone else was home.
:waitasec:

I compare the evolving Defense strategy to the TV show, Seinfeld. It is a Defense about Nothing!

Think about any random thing, like RK ... there is a defense, like TonE ... there is a defense, like junk science ... there is a defense, like the timing of Caylee being dumped ... there is a defense, etc.

I guess the correct terminology is the Spaghetti Defense ... throw anything and everything and see if it sticks.

It is only hard to come up with a defense when you are guilty. If she wasn't guilty the truth would set her free, but since she can't seem to tell the truth their she sits.

LOL - what is a Boll Weevil?

A Boll Weevil is a grayish colored beetle that lays it's eggs in the cotton plant and destroys it.

WTH? Well I saw a parallel......

I was searching for a good "spaghetti on the wall" image, but found this one instead and thought it slightly more apt for this defense strategy:

Attachments

• sketti.jpg
    sketti.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 66
Yeah, kinda like quicksand: ever fluid, ever changing, witho ut a foundation, and it will suck them right down.

It's the Spaghetti defense at it's worst. He's throwing everything out there hoping SOMETHING will stick - but none of it is.

It's the Spaghetti defense at it's worst. He's throwing everything out there hoping SOMETHING will stick - but none of it is.

It's more like the Nickelodeon slime defense, hmmm:waitasec: isn't that at Universal?

Most people who try this method *cook* the spaghetti before tossing it at the wall.

Kind of OT, but Lucas Coe got LWOP yesterday for what he did to four year old Emma Thompson. I don't have a direct link, but it's in the "Crimes in the News" forum. I am just elated that justice has been served in that case (though the mom did NOT get NEARLY what she deserved dangit, 20 years with parole in 5 for good behavior. I hope the bio dad is there for EVERY parole hearing). And his defense's closing was five minutes long and focused on HIS suffering, of course. I'm ranking his lawyer up there with Baez for crap like that. He'll NEVER suffer as badly as he made Emma suffer.

Hmmm, wonder if Baez will get past five minutes with his closing? Or will Mason ramble and bore the jury to death?

They've got nothing and they know it. How do you strategize with nothing? You don't. You blow smoke and mirrors and hope for a miracle.

And Casey, your time is coming, oh yes it is. Emma got her justice. Caylee will soon get hers!

Rest in peace, dear Emma. I hope you and Caylee are friends and are playing together in heaven.

I have always thought that Jose Baez's Strategy was one of shameless self promotion and financial gain. I think this case will go to trial not based on KC's innocence or guilt but will proceed on the most effective way to extend the saga. A book, movie deal or mini-series would probably be dependent on this coming to trial win or lose, if it fizzles like a wet squib and a deal is reached then Jose's future earnings won't be enough to amount to a hill of beans...
So..delay, delay, delay go to trial...lose..and sell the Jose Baez memoirs for profit. Just my tongue in cheek opinion....:yes:

I have always thought that Jose Baez's Strategy was one of shameless self promotion and financial gain. I think this case will go to trial not based on KC's innocence or guilt but will proceed on the most effective way to extend the saga. A book, movie deal or mini-series would probably be dependent on this coming to trial win or lose, if it fizzles like a wet squib and a deal is reached then Jose's future earnings won't be enough to amount to a hill of beans...
So..delay, delay, delay go to trial...lose..and sell the Jose Baez memoirs for profit. Just my tongue in cheek opinion....:yes:

I also think JB is trying to become DP qualified, I believe that is another motivation for seeing this to trial.

There's no question that those are Jose's only motives. I think he felt he could get lucky and somehow get her off the charges. Hopefully this will ruin him. There needs to be an all out campaign to petition the Bar to disbar him.

Most people who try this method *cook* the spaghetti before tossing it at the wall.
IMO the spaghetti defense is only used in cases where a conviction is likely. It's hoping for a jury who has no common sense. Common sense =reasonable.

So Baez said we will all know what he has been smirking about at trial.

So what he's been smirking about is he is working towards being death penalty qualified, not justice for ICA or Caylee?:waitasec:

Don't you have to put on some kind of a defense as a DP qualified lawyer, even though it's the penalty phase they are concerned about, or is that why we are seeing Mason basically do nothing?:waitasec:

Seriously? Baez DP qualified ? Just that thought gives me the shudders and then :furious:

So what he's been smirking about is he is working towards being death penalty qualified, not justice for ICA or Caylee?:waitasec:

Don't you have to put on some kind of a defense as a DP qualified lawyer, even though it's the penalty phase they are concerned about, or is that why we are seeing Mason basically do nothing?:waitasec:

Seriously? Baez DP qualified ? Just that thought gives me the shudders and then :furious:

I completely agree!

This doesn't even rate a raised eyebrow from me. Of course he's out for himself. Baez can't see past his own little weeble belly button - much like his client.

I cling to Bill Shafer's assessment that his name and those of the other attorneys will be dragged through the mud in appeals for up to 20 years.

While I was trying to lighten the mood with some parody in a previous post, I would like to also offer another thought.

Determining a strategy really depends upon the defense's expectations for an end result. Clearly the strategy to ensure KC is found "not guilty" is entirely different than the strategy to spare her life. JMO

Interesting read from Criminal Defense Manual on Developing Case Theory...

http://www.mcle.org/includes/pdf/1960301B00_S.pdf

I don't think Baez has made it to Chapter 2 yet :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members