OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that ya'll need to know how much the issue of the dog bothers me or anything...lol.... But I could only find a couple vets in the area that might have treated the dog. None of whom had seen the dog during this time period.
Does hippa apply to dogs??

So they broke in a truck to save a dog that was near death and did not think it should see a vet?

That seems absurd. If that is really what happened and the LE just handed this dog over to the neighbors I would have to wonder what else the dept failed to do to ensure the safty ,wellbeing and rights of the Jamisons.

Not that I am saying the neighbors are not great people(althou they knew the dog was in there for 8 days or however long) but the LE at the time had not checked into if they could be involved in the case or not and if the neighbors had murdered them dog hair evidence on the clothes could be strong in a criminal case. So they pass off the dog ?
It is illogical. It goes against LE common sence and basic investigative rules.

ALSO the dog would have only been impounded by animal control and taken for emergency treatment .
There are laws they have to be followed in taking control of a persons property . That includes animals and where I live that animal either has to be ordered by a court for removal or in emergency. Once it met the danger guidlines it would have had to see a vet otherwise proving the emergency. So why wasnt protocal followed. I will look up animals laws for OK.

So they broke in a truck to save a dog that was near death and did not think it should see a vet?

That seems absurd. If that is really what happened and the LE just handed this dog over to the neighbors I would have to wonder what else the dept failed to do to ensure the safty ,wellbeing and rights of the Jamisons.

Not that I am saying the neighbors are not great people(althou they knew the dog was in there for 8 days or however long) but the LE at the time had not checked into if they could be involved in the case or not and if the neighbors had murdered them dog hair evidence on the clothes could be strong in a criminal case. So they pass off the dog ?
It is illogical. It goes against LE common sence and basic investigative rules.

ALSO the dog would have only been impounded by animal control and taken for emergency treatment .
There are laws they have to be followed in taking control of a persons property . That includes animals and where I live that animal either has to be ordered by a court for removal or in emergency. Once it met the danger guidlines it would have had to see a vet otherwise proving the emergency. So why wasnt protocal followed. I will look up animals laws for OK.

Doesn't make any sense, does it?

Maybe LE didn't have any idea of the magnitude of what they were dealing with, or didn't think about that and just handed the dog off thinking it would be one less thing to think about.
I don't know. It makes no sense to me, either- nor does it make sense from an investigative standpoint, imo.

Well this might kida clear things up. Apparently there is no animal control in latimer county. Good to know. I thought all counties had animal control. Guess not. At this point Oklahoma continues to make me scratch my head.

Well this might kida clear things up. Apparently there is no animal control in latimer county. Good to know. I thought all counties had animal control. Guess not. At this point Oklahoma continues to make me scratch my head.

Oklahoma continues to make me scratch my head also. But I think there might be a whole 'nother thread on here somewhere that addresses that. ;)

Thanks for that info. I thought to look up vets, but not animal control!

Oklahoma continues to make me scratch my head also. But I think there might be a whole 'nother thread on here somewhere that addresses that. ;)

Thanks for that info. I thought to look up vets, but not animal control!

Oklahoma indeed is a head-scratcher, especially if one lives in its mind-boggling confines and sees this stuff play out daily. I think I've developed dandruff over the years.

Oklahoma indeed is a head-scratcher, especially if one lives in its mind-boggling confines and sees this stuff play out daily. I think I've developed dandruff over the years.

:rolling:
And totally O/T but of course you knew Oklahoma is where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain... the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain!
And Oklahoma... every night, my honey lamb and I
sit alone and talk and watch a hawk
makin' lazy circles in the sky!

Oh, Oklahoma.

Just tell me where the Jamison's are.

:rolling:
And totally O/T but of course you knew Oklahoma is where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain... the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain!
And Oklahoma... every night, my honey lamb and I
sit alone and talk and watch a hawk
makin' lazy circles in the sky!

Oh, Oklahoma.

Just tell me where the Jamison's are.

Oklahoma...O-K! (as opposed to quite good, great, sterling, excellent beyond compare, etc. etc.)

I'm still trying to figure out where the dog was during the alleged several days it wasn't in the truck ripping open bags of chips.

Oklahoma...O-K! (as opposed to quite good, great, sterling, excellent beyond compare, etc. etc.)

I'm still trying to figure out where the dog was during the alleged several days it wasn't in the truck ripping open bags of chips.

I'm still trying to figure out why the dog didn't rip open the bag of chips period, lol.

She might have the best new diet-idea known to man.

We're hard upon the first anniversary of the Jamisons having last been reported seen (08 October 2009), and nowhere notably nearer a solution to the mystery.

We're hard upon the first anniversary of the Jamisons having last been reported seen (08 October 2009), and nowhere notably nearer a solution to the mystery.

We're somewhere closer, because now we're wondering about the dog!

I'm hoping the anniversary brings about renewed interest in the Jamison's case.

We're somewhere closer, because now we're wondering about the dog!

I'm hoping the anniversary brings about renewed interest in the Jamison's case.

That dog. Oh, that dog. That dog was wandering disconsolately around the body disposal site (CONJECTURE!) and drinking groundwater and chewing on grass to survive - until; UNTIL! (conjecture!) the perps thought it wiser to lock it in the abandoned vehicle some distance away to stop the inconvenience of questions being raised (CONJECTURE!).

Anniversary-wise, state-wide, the Daily Oklahoman (a.k.a. the Daily Disppointment; newsok.com) will run something, and the Tulsa World might. Prepare to be underwhelmed; the Oklahoman won't top its last effort, though it's debatable whether that "batty people" article helped matters at all.

That dog. Oh, that dog. That dog was wandering disconsolately around the body disposal site (CONJECTURE!) and drinking groundwater and chewing on grass to survive - until; UNTIL! (conjecture!) the perps thought it wiser to lock it in the abandoned vehicle some distance away to stop the inconvenience of questions being raised (CONJECTURE!).

Anniversary-wise, state-wide, the Daily Oklahoman (a.k.a. the Daily Disppointment; newsok.com) will run something, and the Tulsa World might. Prepare to be underwhelmed; the Oklahoman won't top its last effort, though it's debatable whether that "batty people" article helped matters at all.

I think the article hurt, more than helped, the Jamison family.

I think it's hunting season in Oklahoma now. I just hope one of them will stumble upon something in those hills!

I think the article hurt, more than helped, the Jamison family.

I think it's hunting season in Oklahoma now. I just hope one of them will stumble upon something in those hills!

I know what you mean; I certainly go back and forth on that article issue. On the one hand, obviously it made the pair look as if they'd crossed a certain line and may have dampened the public's ability to care; on the other, it's hard to say that one should not point out the "spray-paint-wielding spirit-spotters stopping and staring as if in a trance" factor.

Deer season for archers started October 1st; for muzzleloaders, it's October 23-31st; for guns, it will be November 20-December 5th.

CONJECTURE: Perhaps the dog was truly in the vehicle for the time denoted; survived said period of time because it went on a hunger strike, and then...miraculously recovered from hunger strike?

Gimme some proof of the dog and the dog's condition at the time, is all I'm saying. :)

I know what you mean; I certainly go back and forth on that article issue. On the one hand, obviously it made the pair look as if they'd crossed a certain line and may have dampened the public's ability to care; on the other, it's hard to say that one should not point out the "spray-paint-wielding spirit-spotters stopping and staring as if in a trance" factor.

Deer season for archers started October 1st; for muzzleloaders, it's October 23-31st; for guns, it will be November 20-December 5th.

Do we know that the Jamisons spray painted the old truck? When was the painting on the truck first noticed? I thought it had been painted for a long time before this happened. I guess I'm thinking why would someone paint up a truck if they were trying to get out of Dodge? Why would they have been spotted up there two days in a row if they were trying to skip out?

Do we know that the Jamisons spray painted the old truck? When was the painting on the truck first noticed? I thought it had been painted for a long time before this happened. I guess I'm thinking why would someone paint up a truck if they were trying to get out of Dodge? Why would they have been spotted up there two days in a row if they were trying to skip out?

Not sure about the truck. I was referring to this paragraph from the 02 May Oklahoman article:

"Graffiti on a massive storage container outside their home also prompted questions. One message reads: "3 cats killed to date buy people in this area … Witches don’t like there black cat killed.” Beauchamp said the family planned to live in the container once they acquired mountain property."

If we accept the Oklahoman version of events prior to their disappearing, I'd say that logic was not a prime factor in subsequent actions the Jamisons may have taken.

CONJECTURE: Perhaps the dog was truly in the vehicle for the time denoted; survived said period of time because it went on a hunger strike, and then...miraculously recovered from hunger strike?

Gimme some proof of the dog and the dog's condition at the time, is all I'm saying. :)

All I can say is, the dog's name is Maizy!

Thanks, I must have missed that article. I agree there is no logic in this whole case.
All this time talking about the spray paint and messages, I was thinking it was on the old wrecked truck up on the mountain, not on a container at their home.
My bad.

I think we definately do NOT know whether or not the Jamison's spray-painted the abandoned truck. We DO know that they had an affinity for spray painting things- and the truck and the container spray-painting seems similar to me. The truck had been been painted, and then repainted- as had the container.

Did anyone date the paint? I'm not sure, but.... don't think so. Not sure there is a way to do that at this point.
But I'm off to look into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member