Who believes that Cindy should be prosecuted for perjury? Or is it just me...?

Bottom line is I think the state of Florida has more important things to spend time and money on than Cindy Anthony.

And does anyone her honestly think anything the state could punish her with would be worse than what she is living already?

RBBM: You bet they do! So what a horrible shame our tax dollars and the state's time and effort had to be invested to track down the head legal eagle from Gentiva and get him in here to rebut Cindy's testimony. (Not to mention the inconvenience and expense to him as well.) I'm sure LDB, JA and FG had many other priorities to attend without Cindy's interference.

RBBM: You bet they do! So what a horrible shame our tax dollars and the state's time and effort had to be invested to track down the head legal eagle from Gentiva and get him in here to rebut Cindy's testimony. (Not to mention the inconvenience and expense to him as well.) I'm sure LDB, JA and FG had many other priorities to attend without Cindy's interference.

I would send a contribution to Florida to help prosecute CA. I'm sure lots would if the State can't afford to pursue her.
It's not it was some desperate move on behalf of her daughter to help her avoid the DP. This has been a planned campaign over the last three years from this woman, she has lied over and over,obstructed this investigation and obviously gets a thrill out of doing it as evidenced by her chuckling to herself when arguing with LDB. She feels she is above the law and she exploits the grieving granny persona to further her lies. She is as toxic a liar as her daughter.

We can't forget Cindy's evil ,cocky smirk to DDB during that prejury! Cindy has always shown arrograncy and thought she was a bove the law. She obstructed or tried to several times during the investigation. IT wasn't a one time mistake. Would all been good if Casey got off with it because of the perjury. No justyice for Caylee !!!!!
Look how she treated Morgan , Zeinada's lawyer. It was awful. Cindy needs a consequence too !!!!

Charleyann

The LE do not want to hurt the woman whose grandchild who she obviously loved was found in a swamp. Shes not right in the head and she never will be, nor would anyone who has ever experienced such a devastating loss like she has, unless we want to argue she isnt hurting over losing something so precious. There is no bouncing back from something like that, she has been punished enough. jmo

The LE do not want to hurt the woman whose grandchild who she obviously loved was found in a swamp. Shes not right in the head and she never will be, nor would anyone who has ever experienced such a devastating loss like she has, unless we want to argue she isnt hurting over losing something so precious. There is no bouncing back from something like that, she has been punished enough. jmo

But, Chablis, truth is the basic underpinning of our justice system. Without it, we would have no basis of judging right from wrong. We would have nothing to keep us all civil. A line must exist; a line to define what is right and allowed and what is wrong and prohibited. When the lines shift and become blurred it gives way to tampering, influence and favoritism. . . LOL, some say our courts are full enough of that already with all the accusations about the influence that fame and money play.

Why is it right to allow someone to lie because they are hurt? I'm sure all people who have to give testimony against their loved ones are hurt. Should we excuse them all?

Maybe we should just start asking everyone how hurt they are or if they love the accused before we even ask them to take the oath. If they're hurt enough or love them enough they could just be exempt from taking the oath and telling the truth.

What kind of justice would that bring? The issue is bigger than the Anthony's pain, imo.

But, Chablis, truth is the basic underpinning of our justice system. Without it, we would have no basis of judging right from wrong. We would have nothing to keep us all civil. A line must exist; a line to define what is right and allowed and what is wrong and prohibited. When the lines shift and become blurred it gives way to tampering, influence and favoritism. . . LOL, some say our courts are full enough of that already with all the accusations about the influence that fame and money play.

Why is it right to allow someone to lie because they are hurt? I'm sure all people who have to give testimony against their loved ones are hurt. Should we excuse them all?

Maybe we should just start asking everyone how hurt they are or if they love the accused before we even ask them to take the oath. If they're hurt enough or love them enough they could just be exempt from taking the oath and telling the truth.

What kind of justice would that bring? The issue is bigger than the Anthony's pain, imo.

John Cooeys family had knowledge he had a little girl in a closet he raped and killed, and they were not prosecuted. Is that worse than what Cindy did? Why the pick and choose outcry of stuff? Do you really think Cindy is mentally well? Would you be after all this?

I would send a contribution to Florida to help prosecute CA. I'm sure lots would if the State can't afford to pursue her.
It's not it was some desperate move on behalf of her daughter to help her avoid the DP. This has been a planned campaign over the last three years from this woman, she has lied over and over,obstructed this investigation and obviously gets a thrill out of doing it as evidenced by her chuckling to herself when arguing with LDB. She feels she is above the law and she exploits the grieving granny persona to further her lies. She is as toxic a liar as her daughter.

:goodpost: You know I agree with you, ZsaZsa.

What a hard question to answer. I do have lots and lots of compassion for Cindy, George, and Lee. I also believe odds are pretty high that Cindy pondered the penalty for perjury before testifying. I have to believe she weighed that choice with the other choice to not try to save her daughter's life. What a horrible (and in her case, thankless) position to be in. I believe she made the choice that she could best live with the rest of her days. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes, and I just cannot judge her, whichever choice she might have made.

Having said that, the law is the law. Breaking rules and laws has consequences. If those consequences are NOT applied consistently, those walking the borderline will break them just because they know they can. Chaos will reign and harm will come to many innocent people as a result.

I believe Cindy made the ultimate sacrifice for her daughter and the willingness to sacrifice oneself for one's child defines a great mother. I will always respect Cindy for that, but I do believe she should be held accountable for breaking the law IF it is judged that she did so. It is an unfortunate and necessary step to insure that sociopaths at large know their misdeeds will not be tolerated in a civil society.

Oh pulease.
A great mother runs in front of a car to save her child.

Getting up on a witness stand, and lying your arse off to save your child has nothing in common with the former.

One exudes character. The other exudes a lack of character.

I posted on the first page or two of this thread, so I won't go into it again only to say lying for your child is not the same thing as being willing to die for your child.
But what I have almost as much problem with is how JB was able to get up in opening and say whatever. With no consequences. That is just not right no matter how you look at it. Should that now be taught in Law 101.....if you have a crap case just..lie and encourage anybody and everybody to lie on the stand as well? Why not? Nothing will happen.
Just.not.right.

Well said. My DD started watching this trial from day one and got hooked. She is very sympathetic to CA and especially GA. Even though I have tried to explain what I (we) have witnessed from these two over the past three years, all she says is "Mom, you don't know how you would act if in their exact same position". I tell her "Yes, I do...I would not lie for you". But she chalks up their behavior to denial, grief, disbelief, etc. I just happen to see something much more in their lying. I also see that it resulted in ICA.

John Cooeys family had knowledge he had a little girl in a closet he raped and killed, and they were not prosecuted. Is that worse than what Cindy did? Why the pick and choose outcry of stuff? Do you really think Cindy is mentally well? Would you be after all this?

I think if they obstructed justice or lied that they should be prosecuted, too. I'm not picking and choosing!!! I am the one who is saying if anyone lies after taking the oath to tell the truth that they should face charges.

I am not the one saying that it should be different for anyone ~ not even Cindy Anthony.

Although many may think that she has a perfectly good reason to lie, this doesn't give her a free pass. We cannot on one hand take pride in a judicial system that allows ICA to recieve a fair trial, while on the other hand, absolving ANYONE for the crime of perjury or obstruction of justice. In as much as it was ICA's trial, it was also about justice for Caylee. Caylee isn't here to speak for herself. So other's have to do it for her. ANYONE that interfere's with her ability to speak should be dealt with.

A good reason does not give her the right to flaunt our laws. There are many people with criminal records for stealing food to feed thier kids. It's the best reason I can imagine for stealing from a grocery store; but it's still stealing.

I like HHBP. But if he allows her to get away with this after throwing the finger guy in jail, I will be very disapointed. Disrespecting the court is the same regardless of whether you are giving the finger or you have made a decision to lie to the court and muffle Caylee's only voice.

Take Care, Robin

ETA On a personal level I think that what CA did was much worse.

I posted on the first page or two of this thread, so I won't go into it again only to say lying for your child is not the same thing as being willing to die for your child.
But what I have almost as much problem with is how JB was able to get up in opening and say whatever. With no consequences. That is just not right no matter how you look at it. Should that now be taught in Law 101.....if you have a crap case just..lie and encourage anybody and everybody to lie on the stand as well? Why not? Nothing will happen.
Just.not.right.

Listen, I'm no JB fan, as some already know. But I've posted before that I think this story -- and hence the entire defense -- has little miss ICA all over it. It's poisonous, nonsensical, hateful, and levies blame everywhere but on her. It's entirely consistent with the kind of lies she has been spewing for years. In other words, nothing about the OS struck me as anything other than the latest in a long series of stupid, easily disprovable lies.

I may not be a big JB fan, but I do not believe he made all of that stuff up. I believe what he tried to do was make the stupid story his client swore to him was the truth -- this time!!! work. The only way he could do that was to come up with that acid-trip of a defense. Somebody else had to have put the duct tape on -- Hello, RK! Somebody else had to be the reason she didn't call -- Hello, GA! Somebody else had to be the reason she didn't give two shakes for her dead child -- Hello dysfunctional family and long history of sexual abuse! (By the way, that was also supposed to cover her randy habits both pre-and-post "accident".

I don't disagree that JB went way too far with this, and I do think there are some character issues there. But I am convinced this was ICA's poisonous little gift to her Dad for testifying at the Grand Jury.

:cow:

Cindy was in protective mode, she was trying to cover for Casey. IMO Cindy will and is suffering, I don't think charges against her would matter. She has lost Caylee, Casey, and apparently Lee along time ago. As far as her marriage I think it was destroyed along time ago and George always went along to keep peace. To Cindy she has nothing left, so she was trying to save her only daughter her baby.
I respect your thoughts but I disagree.
She didn't protect her... She lied for public appearances so that she would be viewed as though she was trying to save her daughter. Then she said did NOT search for how to make chloroform. LDB was stunned cause she threw ICA to the wolves!!! She smirked because she sentenced her to death. She thinks that no one will make her anwser for her crimes. Like mother like daughter...

ICA is exactly where CA wants her nothing has changed since and has since 7/15/08.
:moo:

I don't believe that Cindy is in her right mind at this time. There would be nothing to gain by prosecuting her. The state doesn't want to bully this woman who has lost everything and who will never again know a truly happy moment in her life. What would be the point? What punishment can they inflict that would be worse than what she has already suffered?

Bottom line is I think the state of Florida has more important things to spend time and money on than Cindy Anthony.

And does anyone her honestly think anything the state could punish her with would be worse than what she is living already?

Besides, they (the State)would have a very hard time finding a jury that would find her guilty. It would undoubtedly result in a hung jury IMO.

Yes, we do have more important things to do with the money. The day we start putting a price on justice will be a collapse of something we have managed to do right. Not perfect. But certainly something that we can be proud of.

If we allow the money to dictate who get's charged with what, and we start with perjury ( imo is serious) then where does the line get drawn? Wanna stand on the podium and do a strip tease? No problem! It isn't in the budget to prosecute strippers in the courtroom this quarter!

I know, I was a bit silly there..but, you know what I mean :)

Take care, Robin

RBBM: LOL, I am a Florida taxpayer. You may send your contributions directly to me and I will apply them against my taxes. :D

I don't believe that Cindy is in her right mind at this time. There would be nothing to gain by prosecuting her. The state doesn't want to bully this woman who has lost everything and who will never again know a truly happy moment in her life. What would be the point? What punishment can they inflict that would be worse than what she has already suffered?

But it's about even more than Cindy. It's about our whole legal system. The trial has gained national and international attention. It's about what's right and what's wrong to do. It's about truth.

Okay, what if her lie had not been disputed and disproven? It could have been the singular thing that gave one juror who had doubt in other areas enough reasonable doubt. Enough to tip them over the edge to think she had been framed and was innocent. Then what?

I don't care so much about Cindy's punishment; she probably doesn't either. That's why she decided to lie. I agree with you; how much more can she hurt? What I care about is the morality, the right and wrong and the effect. There is no way to allow pain and suffering to turn a wrong into a right.

But it's about even more than Cindy. It's about our whole legal system. The trial has gained national and international attention. It's about what's right and what's wrong to do. It's about truth.

Okay, what if her lie had not been disputed and disproven? It could have been the singular thing that gave one juror who had doubt in other areas enough reasonable doubt. Enough to tip them over the edge to think she had been framed and was innocent. Then what?

I don't care so much about Cindy's punishment; she probably doesn't either. That's why she decided to lie. I agree with you; how much more can she hurt? What I care about is the morality, the right and wrong and the effect. There is no way to allow pain and suffering to turn a wrong into a right.

If the court is suddenly going to start taking a hardball approach to perjurers the place to begin is not with a grieving grandmother who has very publicly gone through three years of hell. It a matter of picking and choosing one's battles. Even if they won a perjury case against Cindy, they would lose in the court of public opinion. Most people don't hate Cindy like she is hated on this forum, they know only the woman who broke down on the stand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back