GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh can you imagine living in that apt community tonight? I would be terrified. I'm well into middle age and fairly common sensical and level headed but I would just be terrified.

They have searched the apartment of a man who has a building close to the apartment complex and they confiscated his vehicle. It is in the Channel 11 video. Second reporter.

The autopsy report hasn't been fully released but all I can think of is, and I don't like saying this, but the actions to hit this child over the head or on the side of her head, blunt force trauma, stab her how many times? & rape her, and beat her, she must have put up a good fight or this persons rage is just so totally out of control, or was at that time. Going for mindset of the perp here.

The dumpster/compactor really bugs the heck out of me. Jorelys body wasn't found easily within the trash. They removed a lot of trash it appears from the pictures but it is a 300 unit complex I believe I read. The Sheriff didn't want to comment about other body inflictions either. I think she was crushed and if that's so, either the perp knew when the timing would be to place her there or they themselves did it, being a key holder. If this perp also was able to turn on the compactor, good lord, it was so calculated then. jmo

Just making use of what might be the facts and speculating.

-bed in empty apartment with possible blood in apt or on bed
-no forced entry? I've read "unlocked door" all day
-they live at the apartments or have easy access
-maintenance man hasn't been seen since Sunday
-Jorelys trusted people and it's been said this person calculated this horror upon this child
-Jorelys found within her complex in a compacting trash container

Maintenance person is top of the list. I hope this is solved and an arrest made by the morning. This is just a horrible act to do to a child. I haven't felt this sad and disturbed since Shaniya was murdered. Sick and just so darn sad & confusing as to why someone could do this to a child, oh my.

Kids don't deserve to be treated like this! Words can't describe how this feels. I can't imagine being a parent of Jorelys.

My heart goes out to them. Good or not so good, this act is not deserved nor is Jorelys death. May they somehow move forward for the children.

RIP Jorelys

Honestly, when I heard first heard about this precious little girl.. I mean, the very first INSTANCE it was on the TV, my mind automatically thought of the possibility of whether her father came & took off with her to another country (PR).. I mean, how many times have we heard of that before, too many? But, as soon as I really started listening and watching the frantic searches being conducted for this little girl, I knew it wasn't going to turn out well. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
I woke up on Monday morning & checked my FB and saw an update from 11alive news (georgia) & read where they had posted about LE searching the dumpster in the field & that the area had been taped off as a crime scene. I just had this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. No later than an hour, I received the news that it was her, and the condition in which her body was disposed of. I felt physically sick, and I just wanted to cry for her Mother & the rest of her family. It's so close to Christmas... I can't wrap my head around the fact that there ARE sick SOB's out there that do things like this! She didn't even get the chance to live her life.

I am very shocked at the fact that the GBI has said they ruled out all RSO's.. my jaw nearly hit the ground when I heard that. I've heard a lot of rumors.. many being about the vacant apartment(s), a mattress being taken out as evidence, and the maintenance man not being seen since Sunday (sketchy.)
I live in Georgia, fairly close to Canton.. probably less than 45 minutes. I almost feel as if I jinxed myself.. just last Thursday, my mom & I had a conversation in which I told her I felt very comfortable living in Georgia, and I'd be comfortable and would feel safe raising my own family here one day.. because you really don't hear Georgia that often when it comes to these children disappearing and being murdered.... most of the time it's Florida.. and then Friday night, I heard about Jorelys.. my heart just sank.

It's hard for me to keep up with NG. I try to watch the show regularly, but I've just started a new job, and most of the time during the week, I don't get home until almost 9pm (NG comes on at 8 here). So, unfortunately, I haven't been able to listen to her do the interviews with different people on the show concerning JR.

The theory on the Maintenance man/(men) seem very logical and promising. Thinking back to when I was a child (I'm 19 now), I probably wouldn't have felt threatened or felt uncomfortable around anyone who I had seen working around where I lived, or anyone in uniform who seemed harmless and nice. We forget to tell our kids that sometimes the most evil people/things seem harmless, and that's their goal.
JR seemed like the kind of child who went out of their way to help someone in need, and probably didn't think about "stranger danger" around this person who made her feel comfortable.

I get a bad feeling about all of the different stories coming out. I've heard everything in the past 3 days... questions ranging from "Was there even a babysitter?" to "What time was she reported missing?", and nothing makes sense to me. I've read several places that there was NO babysitter, then in a lot of other places, I've read there was a 13 year old babysitter. IMO, 13 years old is questionable to leave in charge of your children.. Lets be honest- at 13 years old, I didn't even fully understand how to take care of MYSELF, much less be responsible for 3 others younger than me. & Did the alleged babysitter live with the family? It seems like if she was there as much that has been mentioned, she would have had to live with them. JR's Mom worked night shift, and probably didn't get home until 6-7 AM which is when the kids would have been leaving to go to school.. getting home between 2-3:30, and Mom is probably still asleep getting ready to start the process over again.

& Who got the drinks? Was the babysitter AT the playground supervising the children while JR left to get drinks back at the apt & never returned? Or was the babysitter at the apt and saw JR when she returned to get the drinks & JR never made it back to the playground?

& WHY DOES THE COMPLEX HAVE NO CAMERAS? come on!

& omg, what is the talk about another dead body being found in a dumpster at the same complex back in March? is that true?!

Sorry for all the questions, I just keep hearing so many bizarre stories, I don't know what to believe anymore. It seems like LE knows what they're doing, I hope they solve this ASAP. I also read in an article earlier that there is a very well known former FBI profiler working on the case.. Can't remember his first name, Clint maybe? last name Van Zandt. He seems like a good catch, hopefully he can speed the process up a bit.

I really would have thought that it would be a RSO that lived in or around the complex.. guess not. Whoever this person is, I wonder if they've offended before JR? It's just so disturbing to have to ask these questions, and you're reminded of what this poor baby girl went through. People say atleast she wasn't kept for long, but an hour/hour and a half is the longest amount of time when you're just 7 years old & know nothing about how to defend yourself against a monster.

I wonder if JR's mom will get the other kids back eventually? I figured since they took the other two away so quickly that there had to have been previous visits from DFACS or complaints made to DFACS. I feel very sorry for her though... I can't even begin to imagine what she's going through.

Also, thank you to everyone who has contributed the different information to these threads. The articles, maps & videos are all very interesting to see. Thank you for investing your time & consideration to bring all this information together for everyone to read!! I appreciate it.

I'm thinking calculated to appear like a maintenance man did it.
moo
In 300 apt complex surely the dumpster wash crushed over the weekend
at least once. maybe not?
I understand that it could NOT be searched until the Trash Co. showed up to unlock the bin for removal which was not until Monday am.~as in it was "out of police control" at the time?
i thinks all waste bins should be sealed and LOCKED the second a child is reported missing in a complex... AND road blocks set up...
But then again... the DID find her... not soon enough :( he was killing her while THEY were (the police) ON THE SCENE!!! sure he'd walk right by and toss her like trash right in front of them! He thinks he is "uncatchable" ,full o himself, and NOT a maintenence worker...
JMHO :)

This is so sad. Such a beautiful little girl. I hope and pray they find the perp(s) quickly and get justice for Jorelys.

Rest in Peace Beautiful little one. You are loved on earth and in heaven.

REMINDER - We do not post pictures of minors that are not the direct victim or someone named by LE. That means we do not post or link to pictures of sweet Jorleys' siblings.

Thanks,

Salem

So is there a father in the picture here or was it just mom raising the children ? Was mom home or not when Jorley came for drinks ?
TIA,
Mystic

There is an article about her father who lives & works in Puerto Rico in Thread #1 (http://www.primerahora.com/unpadreyunosabuelosdestrozadosporasesinatodeninaboricua-589112.html).

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - article

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - video

I have read where mom was sleeping in the apt & I have also read where mom was working at the Chicken processing plant when Jorleys went missing.

I would think the apt complex owners would check to see if maintenance repair people have a crimnal record. The murderer could be a resident or a friend of a resident...maybe a live-in friend (not on he lease).

Could any locals please tell me if this is a Section 8 complex?

Yes HIckory Born - I've seen where Section 8 was accepted at this complex.

I would think the apt complex owners would check to see if maintenance repair people have a crimnal record. The murderer could be a resident or a friend of a resident...maybe a live-in friend (not on he lease).

Could any locals please tell me if this is a Section 8 complex?

I read in comments on an article, that yes it was. It was a local saying that she had looked at these complexes and they were really nice, but then she found out some were Section 8 and she chose to live elsewhere. I can't remember the article I read it on, sorry.

CBS46 local news...

- (showed apartment complex map) Jorelys lived in building #9 across from play ground, vacant apartment building #10 (saying that's where Jorelys went to get drinks?), vacant apartment in building #2 where LE believes she was killed, dumpster where she was found is next to building #2

snip and BBM...I wonder if this is true? This is the first time I've heard #2 mentioned. On Prime news it said she lived in #9 and #10 is the apartment they had removed a mattress from and had been searching all day, a ground level apt. Showed a camera shot towards the apt and you could see investigators going in and out a back door near the treeline.

Why would she go to #10 to get sodas if she lived in #9, that really doesn't make sense?

Also, #2 is in the middle of the complex area, the perp would need to walk across the street to the dumpster as opposed to #11 which is on the same side as the dumpster. I wonder if #2 is where the tenant who's car was impounded lives?

Here's the link with the labeled complex #'s: http://www.riverridgeatcanton.com/images/plans.jpg

P.S. What I really want to know is WHERE is this person whose car was impounded and apartment is being searched?? I sure hope they are keeping a close eye on him/her?? omg.

In the particular city where I live in Georgia, Section 8 complexes have lots of crime. Many people live with others but are not on the lease because they couldn't get government financial assistance if the live-ins were counted. Does his apt complex have a history of crime...easy for a newspaper/tv reporter to check through local police dept.

Sorry by "t" key is getting stuck tonight. That was suppose to read Does "this" apt complex have a history of crime.

I am rewatching the JVM show (Patty uploaded it to her channel, she won't be taping anymore of Jorelys' coverage until there is a break just a FYI).

and I snipped this picture because it gives you an idea of the size of the dumpster that was emptied. I had no clue it was this big. There is a man that is walking between the dumpster and the pickup truck.

Just posting this for those that were trying to figure out the capacity of the dumpster. If not interested please ignore.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#p/u/4/liZNNcZmSqg

Attachments

• size of dumpster.jpg
    size of dumpster.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 45
Last night, because of this case, I did some research of my own on my favorite sex offender site, Family Watchdog. First of all I was horrified to see that a sex offender has moved into my apartments. Then I kept going further. What I found shocked me more. I found that a registered SO working downtown in my prominent Texas city works for a police department offshoot organization for promoting the safety and community awareness and general well-being for our downtown. This person is a MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR.
I copied the DPS website and Family Watchdog info and e-mailed it to several people-including the Police Monitor in my town. This particular SO had sexually assaulted a grown woman. Frightening.
I am convinced that SO's get jobs in maintenance areas because they are either not checked for criminal backgrounds, or that those backgrounds are overlooked. When I looked at several jobs posted by the city I noticed that if you wanted a job in, say, IT, or, an office job you were required to have a background check. However if you wanted a maintenance job or janitorial or whatever-NO BACKGROUND CHECK required. The problem is-the maintenance people have all the KEYS and have all the power!
We are asking all the professional people for background checks but not the blue collars. Don't worry-I am blue collar myself. I also found an SO at an extremely well-known charitable organization which has women and children there all day-and he also was in maintenance. This organization is sanctioned by many churches in my city. I also found a female SO working in my building for a very prominent State Agency.......unbelievable. I am a different person today than yesterday. I thought I had seen it all. No. I need to see it all every day starting brand new. We can never stop being vigilant.
And if I dare say-we also have to chide or admonish or speak out when we see something. What is the new phrase ? See something-say something.

This youngsters attitude of 'I'm not a snitch' is BS! That is prison talk and it is designed to help gangs do their thing.
Rise up everyone from your sleep. Stop reading the Target ad for a minute and look out the window. Sign up for Neighborhood Watch or Brownies or Boy Scouts. Stay up all night you retired and ride as a Citizen Patrol. Don't do it for you-do it for the Jorely's in the world. And maybe your grandkids or nieces and nephews.
Sorry for the soapbox but it is what it is.

There is an article about her father who lives & works in Puerto Rico in Thread #1 (http://www.primerahora.com/unpadreyunosabuelosdestrozadosporasesinatodeninaboricua-589112.html).

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - article

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - video

I have read where mom was sleeping in the apt & I have also read where mom was working at the Chicken processing plant when Jorleys went missing.

I used google translator for the Spanish interviews with the relatives and they say that a suspect is being held and has been held for at least one day. If they are correct we shall be hearing today about this person of interest. I sure hope they have him. I'm going to bed now just hoping for Justice for Jorelys.

I would think the apt complex owners would check to see if maintenance repair people have a crimnal record.

I feel like I am only responding to you, Hickory. Not intentional, but you bring really good questions to the table.

Again, I used to lease apartments where most employees lived onsite. There were many, many, many background checks done on the employees that worked the grounds.

The only time I can think where we did not check a background was for things we contracted in like the painters and carpet people. And, I can't quite say that we didn't ever ask for that from their employer, or if the main management had access to stuff like that. We were just told when they would be there, to have the apartment open and ready for them to take care of their business.

Not sure if this apartment ran like that. It would be interesting to see who or what company owns this complex - it might be part of a bigger conglomerate.

I do have to say that some registered sex offenders, as discussed much earlier in the thread, were not the types who would do such a horrendous crime as this.
I am not saying that ALL maintenance persons are shady. My mind is whirling with this crime-I mean-who could have foreseen this and prevented this? Is it society's fault? Hell no. No no no!
There is a monster out there and we just have to get him.
Peace be with you family of J. We are standing by you all and praying for you. Hold fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni