Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mani,

I was once told that they did have to disclose if a murder had taken place in a house - but that is not a' fact.'

It isnt true here, I once rented a plce years ago and one bedroom had no carpet in it. Found out after I moved in that a guy hung himself in that bedroom.

Hi Mani,

I was once told that they did have to disclose if a murder had taken place in a house - but that is not a' fact.'

There was a family murder in NSW & the purchasers of the home weren't aware of the notorious crime scene & I remember they sued the Estate Agency for not declaring their knowledge, the purchasers won. It was news headlines that the house had sold at auction. An agent is to declare their knowledge regarding factual information regarding the property (in NSW)

There was a family murder in NSW & the purchasers of the home weren't aware of the notorious crime scene & I remember they sued the Estate Agency for not declaring their knowledge, the purchasers won. It was news headlines that the house had sold at auction. An agent is to declare their knowledge regarding factual information regarding the property (in NSW)

I remember something like that, it doesnt apply to rentals.

This is written by Real Estate Guru Neil Jenman

Meanwhile Queensland's Fair Trading Minister recently said: "If a buyer specifically asks an agent about the previous history of a property, the agent is required to answer that question to the best of their knowledge."

This lame approach to real estate consumer protection is typical in Australian states.

For instance, in Queensland, an agent must take "reasonable steps" to ascertain "the facts material to the sale". But if an agent knows or finds out that a murder or worse has occurred in a house, there is no legal obligation to tell buyers unless they ask.

Legally, agents must encourage sellers to disclose "all relevant facts about the property" to, wait for it, the agent!

That's right. Full disclosure, mate, but not to buyers. Only to your Queensland cowboy agent!

Until Australian laws mandate full seller disclosure, even the most ethical agents must, subject to statutory obligations, reveal only what their seller clients authorise.

Agents who would otherwise dare to tell the whole truth about a home, whether this includes past floods, murders or illegal structures, might wind up with no sale, frightened-away buyers and very annoyed sellers.

Grief is a steep road that those little girls shouldn't be crossing
IMO

Possum you have have summarised it all so succinctly in one sentence.

Grief is a steep road that those little girls shouldn't be crossing

Beautifully said but so heartbreaking to realise what those little girls must be going through.

: ( Just as we were building momentum again.....

I guess there's nothing we can say until we hear more in the media : (
Sep 4 isn't too far away I guess.

Good work to everyone the last week, some good information there x

I agree!! After being so VERY quiet for some time on here, the last few days have brought on some great discussions. A lot of food for thought, and it got a lot of our sleuthing minds working again.

"It's business as usual" did you really think the public would just forget this? Oh you underestimated us! The long weekend before Allisons funeral you and your selfish clan took off for a holiday and left the Dickies to arrange their daughters funeral. ALLISON WAS YOUR WIFE & the mother of your children. Oh you overestimated your family's intelligence didn't you!
WE WILL MAINTAIN THE RAGE
This is the post Minni was referring to Mani.

I agree!! After being so VERY quiet for some time on here, the last few days have brought on some great discussions. A lot of food for thought, and it got a lot of our sleuthing minds working again.

I agree Linette I thought for the first time in a long time the last few days brought some new info and great discussion. Ah well we will just have to wait.

I agree Linette I thought for the first time in a long time the last few days brought some new info and great discussion. Ah well we will just have to wait.

I Love your avatar....lol.....it look's abit like someone who is in prison....:jail:

We could always start discussing the roundabout again?

KIDDING!!!! :crosseyed: :crosseyed: :crosseyed:

I vote for starting up the screams in the night discussion.... not!

Info will be thin on the ground but I reckon we are going to hear A LOT about the phone comms and navigation devices.

I can only imagine what with a mobile giving off pings from towers and a navigation data (if this can be done when the system is not being used) we are going have a good story of how the night unfolded. Also we haven't heard much about Allisons emails and a few entries about her diary but I am sure that will something else that will be telling. Not that I want to air the dirty laundry but it will show how devisive and deceitful GBC could be. Allison's phone would have been able to be interrogated if she had any iCloud info tho I would think......

was just thinking about something I read on FB.....AGCC is just a waiting jail until he is sentenced? is that correct.....if and when he is sentenced where are the other jails in QLD

Info will be thin on the ground but I reckon we are going to hear A LOT about the phone comms and navigation devices.

I can only imagine what with a mobile giving off pings from towers and a navigation data (if this can be done when the system is not being used) we are going have a good story of how the night unfolded. Also we haven't heard much about Allisons emails and a few entries about her diary but I am sure that will something else that will be telling. Not that I want to air the dirty laundry but it will show how devisive and deceitful GBC could be. Allison's phone would have been able to be interrogated if she had any iCloud info tho I would think......

Anything could have happened to the phone - smashed, thrown in a bin on his travels with sim removed but does it make sense to destroy it - wouldn't it have been wiser to throw it on one of the adjoining roads to make it look like Allison had gone for a walk? A poster mentioned a few weeks back that there might have been things on the phone (photos) that he didn't want seen but they could have been deleted surely. IMO

It might be worth looking back in those early threads to see if there is anything that was discussed and we missed - just a thought. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆