GUILTY MA - Colleen Ritzer, 24, brutally murdered, Danvers, 22 Oct 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chism's uncle says he's 14 and "growing up still". He just got "upset", that's all, and "teenagers go through that".

Incredible choice of words.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/phillip-ch...adness-regret-slain-teacher/story?id=20665538

I think the snips make it sound a little different than what he actually said. It sounds to me from the full quote, that he just can't process it at all based on what he believes he knew about this kid and that's the best he could do under the circumstances. I feel bad for him.

Also, he didn't say he did "just get upset." He said that's the only thing he can imagine.

Full quote from the link:

"[He] might have been upset. You know teenagers go through that. He's 14, growing up still. That's the only thing that I can imagine. That's the only thing that I can imagine because I can't imagine anything else. It's like a story-book kid. Perfect family," Blaine said.

I think it's odd that she was in the restroom for 5 minutes before the student went in after her. Five minutes is kind of a long time to spend in a public restroom

RSBM: I didn't want to say it, but glad someone else did. Seems he had to know she was in there.

and lots of detentions, yet he was such a great kid? hmmm...

Chism's uncle says he's 14 and "growing up still". He just got "upset", that's all, and "teenagers go through that".

http://abcnews.go.com/US/phillip-ch...adness-regret-slain-teacher/story?id=20665538

Per the above article:

Investigators say Chism killed Ritzer around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday in the school's faculty bathroom and that surveillance cameras show him using what appears to be a recycling bin to move her body to the woods behind the school.

This answers my question from before. So we have a student who saw Ritzer and Chism in Ritzer's classroom "about 3:15" yet everything appeared normal. What on earth happened to make him attack her 15 minutes later?!

5 minutes isn't that long. She could have had an upset stomach. Who knows.

What a hideous crime though, poor woman. That boy needs to be locked up for life.

I think it's odd that she was in the restroom for 5 minutes before the student went in after her. Five minutes is kind of a long time to spend in a public restroom, but also how did he know she was in there? Was he waiting where he could see the door. And, if so, why did he wait so long? And did he go directly to the restroom from practice when he told someone he had to take care of something? Very intriguing imo.

There is an article upthread that says he was in her classroom after school let out (1:55pm) and was seen by another student with Ritzer in the classroom "about 3:15". As to why she was in the restroom so long... Who knows? Maybe she told him she needed to use the restroom during their conference, he went and got the box cutters, and then went to the faculty restroom. Or maybe she thought he had left the school for his 4pm soccer practice. I wonder what the conference was about because I think it's odd that he was in her classroom for so long.

What a hideous crime though, poor woman. That boy needs to be locked up for life.

Sure, she could have been in there for 5 minutes for various reasons, but I wonder what the reason was in this case. Personally, I don't spend any more time than I absolutely have to in a public restroom (2 minutes, tops) unless I'm so sick I can't make it home or I'm changing my clothes. Especially a bathroom in a school, as they tend to be particularly nasty.

But more importantly, it's a long time to wait between her going in and the student "following" in. If she'd already been in there for 5 minutes when he entered, he would have to have seen her enter and waited all that time to go in. Unless he found out she was in there some other way.

jmo

It is not that long. I see women brushing their teeth, changing contact lenses, fixing their makeup, even changing clothes in my office's restroom. I always wonder who would brush their teeth in a public restroom, I sure wouldn't but apparently other people don't have a problem with it.

The grandmother of Philip Chism, the Massachusetts high school student who allegedly killed his math teacher, said today she feels "sadness and regret" that her grandson could have perpetrated such a grisly crime.

Angelia Chism spoke to ABC News from her home in Tampa, Fla., today, and said she could not remember the last time she saw her 14-year-old grandson, who is being held without bail on a murder charge.

She described her family as religious and said her son, Philip's father, is separated from the teen's mother and is temporarily staying at her home in Florida.
----

I don't know why but it makes me sad that his grandmother has no idea when she last saw her grandson. :(

Sure, she could have been in there for 5 minutes for various reasons, but I wonder what the reason was in this case. Personally, I don't spend any more time than I absolutely have to in a public restroom (2 minutes, tops) unless I'm so sick I can't make it home or I'm changing my clothes. Especially a bathroom in a school, as they tend to be particularly nasty.

But more importantly, it's a long time to wait between her going in and the student "following" in. If she'd already been in there for 5 minutes when he entered, he would have to have seen her enter and waited all that time to go in. Unless he found out she was in there some other way.

jmo

Being that it was a faculty bathroom, it's possible there were other faculty members in the bathroom (or in the surrounding area) and he was waiting for them to come out (or leave the area).

This was the faculty restroom. Some teachers jog on the track at school...or change for evening plans in the faculty restroom. It does not quite fit the "ambience" of a generic public restroom. A faculty restroom is restricted to the small faculty of that middle school.

One article said he got the box cutters from the Art Room.

It is about midterm. I wonder if failure notices came out...or he was cautioned that he was failing and she was attempting to tutor him. A failing grade might have threatened his participation in soccer...where he appeared to be having success.

Something is off about this for me. I'm a teacher. I use the staff washroom only which needs to opened with a key and locked from the inside. A few times I've used the students washroom for emergencies only. This is weird to me. Could be nothing. Did she use the student female washroom and he went in after her? Strange. This story is very disturbing and I hope to understand what happened and why. I deal with 14 years olds every day.

Being that it was a faculty bathroom, it's possible there were other faculty members in the bathroom (or in the surrounding area) and he was waiting for them to come out (or leave the area).

Yes, that's one thing I thought of. Still, hard to know when she was alone, I would think. Maybe she was in there talking to someone?

This was the faculty restroom. Some teachers jog on the track at school...or change for evening plans in the faculty restroom. It does not quite fit the "ambience" of a generic public restroom. A faculty restroom is restricted to the small faculty of that middle school.

One article said he got the box cutters from the Art Room.

It is about midterm. I wonder if failure notices came out...or he was cautioned that he was failing and she was attempting to tutor him. A failing grade might have threatened his participation in soccer...where he appeared to be having success.

Not doubting you at all, but do you know where you got that it was a faculty restroom? I hadn't been following this case and haven't read the msm for the most part. TIA

eta: never mind, I see it in the ABC link

Sorry, I see that it is being reported that she used the staff washroom. Still weird. It's kept unlocked?

Something is off about this for me. I'm a teacher. I use the staff washroom only which needs to opened with a key and locked from the inside. A few times I've used the students washroom for emergencies only. This is weird to me. Could be nothing. Did she use the student female washroom and he went in after her? Strange. This story is very disturbing and I hope to understand what happened and why. I deal with 14 years olds every day.

me too. It states she was in a faculty restroom. I know when I was in school they had key only access, but maybe this one didnt. How did he know she went in there? I have questions too and it seems a little weird to me.

I find it unbelievable that there was no one around at 3:30 pm in a school and no one heard any screams, etc. WTH is going on in this place? He was able to get a recycling toter and haul it around and he put her body in there? Wow.... this is just really too much. No custodians around. No admin. Wow.....RIP Colleen. What a horrible thing that happened to you.

Not doubting you at all, but do you know where you got that it was a faculty restroom? I hadn't been following this case and haven't read the msm for the most part. TIA

Investigators say Chism killed Ritzer around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday in the school's faculty bathroom and that surveillance cameras show him using what appears to be a recycling bin to move her body to the woods behind the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member