GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a darn shame that this beautiful mother and 3 kids were killed, and that's it with their lives. He's been arrested, at least that's been done, but that's it. How sad for them.

Has anyone heard anything new on this very sad case i.e. a motive?

This is such a disturbing, sad case, I can't stop thinking about it. And, that's putting it mildly.

I hope he gets LWOP so that he has to think of those three little kids and what he did to them for the rest of his life. I think the judge should also make it mandatory that he have pictures of his children on the walls in his cell...big pictures and that he can never take them down.

I hope he gets LWOP so that he has to think of those three little kids and what he did to them for the rest of his life. I think the judge should also make it mandatory that he have pictures of his children on the walls in his cell...big pictures and that he can never take them down.

I'll be shocked if they don't go for the DP in this case.

~snip~

Vaughn, 32, of the 700 block of Mansfield Court, Oswego, is scheduled to be arraigned at 9:30 a.m. Friday in courtroom 405 before Circuit Judge Daniel Rozak, according to a release from the Will County State's Attorney's office. The four-count indictment was returned Wednesday afternoon

~snip~

Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow has yet to determine whether he will seek the death penalty, but has convened a committee of assistant state's attorneys to review evidence in making that decision, the release said. He has until Oct. 30 to make that determination.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/483497,vaughn072507.article

I'll be shocked if they don't go for the DP in this case.

I think they will go for the death penalty too. Surly they will after he murdered 4 members of his family. If he does get the death penalty he will set on death row for years anyway. The pictures could be on his death row cell walls as well! I would think that he would hardly be able to stand to look in the faces of those little kids. I guess if he was cold enough to do what he did it probably wouldn't affect him to look into their eyes daily.

It just blows me away about how fast these cases just drop to nothing. I know there have to be others like me out there that were horrified by it. Any locals around? I drove by a house here in Texas that had the red, white and blue ribbons on it, and it made me wonder about their home. Is it just sitting there empty?? I mean I know it is, but its just sad....

~snip~

The thirty-two-year-old Vaughn appeared before Will County judge Daniel Rozak with a clean shave and a fresh haircut.

It was his first appearance in an Illinois courtroom since he was extradited from the state of Missouri.

Vaughn has two attorneys representing him in his defense, one lawyer from Missouri, another from Illinois.

The two men arrived Friday morning along with several of Vaughn's family members. They didn't show any emotion and Vaughn said nothing during the brief arraignment.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5515831

YW! I don't see much new info coming out anytime soon....the decision on the death penalty will probably be the next new anything. I feel so badly for the families.

YW! I don't see much new info coming out anytime soon....the decision on the death penalty will probably be the next new anything. I feel so badly for the families.

I'm sure the families are still reeling - and it looks like LE is keeping their investigation/evidence close to the chest. So many questions....we might not get answers until there's a trial...and, even then, I doubt they will satisfy.

Some things just can't make sense.

The 32-year-old Oswego man didn't speak during his few minutes in Will County Judge Dan Rozak's courtroom. Gerald Kielian, one of Vaughn's lawyers, actually entered the plea.

Will County First Assistant State's Attorney Greg DeBord didn't provide any of the state's evidence for the prosecution.

As some of Vaughn's relatives watched from their seats in the gallery, Rozak assigned the case to his own call. Vaughn will return to court at 9:30 a.m. Sept. 4.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/487567,4_1_JO28_VAUGHN_S1.article

Vaughn is a model inmate! What else can he be alone in a cell and probably out by himself of a little while each day! I hope he is feeling remorse but it is doubtful. I wonder if his family believe that he didn't commit these crimes or if they are supporting him even though they believe that he did?

Vaughn is a model inmate! What else can he be alone in a cell and probably out by himself of a little while each day! I hope he is feeling remorse but it is doubtful. I wonder if his family believe that he didn't commit these crimes or if they are supporting him even though they believe that he did?

I wonder about his family too. They have been VERY quiet on the matter - and I would be too. They are also grieving devestating losses regardless of who did it.

It has to be horrible for both sides of the family.

I do feel sympathy for both sides of the family, neither would have asked for this. From what I have seen so far of the Vaughns, they are supporting him but have not revealed any signs of JO2. I would like to think I would do the right thing in their situation, but sometimes when I see my kids smile in a way that lights up a room, I wonder. :angel: :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288