LP Asks “Would the DNA from a child resulting from a union from Lee and Casey..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey is a very promiscuous girl to say the least. There is a reason for this and very often it is due to incest. I originally thought it was because she was trying to get her father's attention but this makes much more sense.

Found this so far:

Mitochondrial DNA is only passed from mother to children. So all siblings to the same mother will have the exact same mitochondrial DNA.

Exactly! Thanks...

TMO, I agree... the family completely panicked when the realized the DNA was back. I dont believe the panic was one of fear that Caylee was dead but that a family secret would be revealed. I do not think GA is the father and I also do not believe he knows the truth about the father of Caylee.

When LP said the news will shock the world I knew it had to be something besides what happened to poor sweet Caylee.
uh-oh!!!

What's Casey's grandfathers name?? not trying to be sick here

Is it possible that Lee is a family name? If so I can see why it was used, as I plan on using my brothers first name, Ray, as my unborn child's middle name if I have a boy. Of course this name is also the first of my grandfather and great grandfather. We're doing it all in honor.

I haven't read these many pages, but, isn't there already a DNA profile of Caylee? They know Jesse isn't the father (I'm assuming by DNA), so, why couldn't the profile that was done then be used now?

TMO, I agree... the family completely panicked when the realized the DNA was back. I dont believe the panic was one of fear that Caylee was dead but that a family secret would be revealed. I do not think GA is the father and I also do not believe he knows the truth about the father of Caylee.

When LP said the news will shock the world I knew it had to be something besides what happened to poor sweet Caylee.

What is with this family? Can the case get any worse? I don't know what to believe anymore. I use to think that Cindy is just in shock and that is why she is in denial about everything, but maybe she doesn't want Caylee's body found. :(

O no, I made an assumption and did want to post who my Client was.

Hi everyone! This is my first actual post, decomposing body could NOT ever be confused with the smell of anything else in the world. It's a smell I hope nobody has to learn about b/c once you do, you honestly never forget it. It makes me sick just thinking about it. The first time it happened to me, I ate peanuts for almost 2 months. I tried packing Vick's under my nose just so I could smell something else...ewww! Again, just something to ponder :)

Jersey Girl...... Wow, GREAT first post!!!!! You are on top of it!!!

Here is a quick and dirty explanation of DNA and Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). Imagine in your mind a chicken egg – it has a yellow yolk and the clear white viscous albumin surrounding the yolk, and then there is the eggshell. Keep this image in mind for the future discussion. For human cells, the terms will be compared to the chicken egg like this: a) Chicken eggshell = human cell membrane – they serve the same purpose in both examples, i.e. the membrane (eggshell) holds the cell together. B) Chicken egg albumin = human cell cytoplasm. C) Chicken egg yolk = human cell nucleus. Here is what happens when a male sperm fertilizes an egg (ovum) from a woman. The fertilized egg at that point will have the male sperm DNA in the nucleus (egg yolk for the chicken egg analogy). The ONLY place in the cell that the father’s DNA can be found is in the nucleus. The Mother’s DNA will be in BOTH the nucleus AND the cytoplasm. The DNA in the cytoplasm is a special kind of DNA called Mitochondrial DNA that is ONLY found in the cytoplasm, and it is EXACTLY the same as the Mother’s DNA. Thus, Cindy’s mtDNA is the same as Casey’s mtDNA, and the same as Caylee’s mtDNA. The DNA in the nucleus of any cell from Caylee would be a blend of Casey and the father’s DNA. Mitochondrial DNA is what is being discussed by LE in this case because they obtained the mtDNA profile from the hair in the trunk. They cannot get a full DNA profile from hair because hair cells do not have a nucleus – thus they can only look for mtDNA – which means they can only determine the female lineage of the specimen being analyzed. Hope that helps.

Biology class would have been so much easier if you had been my teacher. Thanks.

True or not, LP has no right bringing this to the media. And just when I was starting to think the guy's intentions were somewhat legit. I sure hope this isn't true, but if it is it could certainly explain some A family behaviours.

Omg, SO I dont post much, but I am sitting here reading this DNA thing..and had to comment.
You know, I never thought of it until just now...
this theory of the child being out of incest makes a little more sense to me. Now, I know its a horrible HORRIBLE thing to think..BUT it would really explain this family's behavior! I mean, they are so secretive, they are standing by her..maybe it is guilt?? Im going to go so far as to even say that it COULD be GA's baby. I mean, think about it..would you want the whole world to know that you had an incest baby in teh family? Of course not..and maybe they DO know what happened to Caylee..but they are all afraid the truth would come out. That is why they did not allow her to give the baby up...and that is why they are standing by her, even though it is really tearing them up inside( the pics tell the story). Omg, could this really be the case...Maybe this is a reason Casey is the way she is..that she had so much hate for GA or LA for what happened to her...and maybe thats why it didnt hurt her so much to get rid of Caylee...and she knew it would hurt GA and CA???
Now, before you tear me apart..its just a theory...I doubt any of us will ever know the whole story...I HATE to think of this as the case...but it is possible... I mean, this stuff happens every day right? (incest)
<snip>

They have all lied and tied to cover up who the father is so nothing would suprise me on this one!!!
My gawd, it's not like she is the only person to ever have a child out of wedlock!!! Give me a break...:doh: They are ALL covering up way to much..

He knew he was going to lose that 50 grand when he chose to get involved. jmvho.

The chance of Casey telling anyone where the body is, is about the same as Drew P telling anyone where Stacy is AND the Cubs winning 3 world series in the same season. Ain't going to happen.

I agree - she ain't telling. Even when presented with evidence of a deceased Caylee, she'd lie and say that wasn't her.

If you click on the "Search" icon at the top, and then put in "scalp fragments", it will bring up all the posts/threads where this was discussed. It was discussed all over the place yesterday! :)

Thanks. I don't know how I could have missed it yesterday.

:blowkiss:

Don't worry I didn't feel you were being disrespectful. I think this case gets too much out of us and the posts we write are full of emotions and colorful. I didn't want to show I was uspet or anything. Just replying to your question with what I think is logical for someone in Tony's place to do right now. It doesn't mean my explanation is right either.

Whew! Thanks, I am hypersensitive about my posts at this point, and possibly offending someone....you're right, this whole mess is making us all emotional and me, well a little crazy, lol.....I just want Caylee to be found, and let the chips fall where they may--you know on top of Caylee's mother....

This case is so bizzare, and now it is getting downright creepy I tell ya.

http://www.540wfla.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=227698&article=4189759

news this morning

Added by Christine, this is what he said, let's keep the facts straight.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]“The Feds released information that the hair was either the mother’s or the daughter’s; they didn’t distinguish,” Padilla said. “Why would they not know whether it was the daughter or the mother? They didn’t say it was Caylee’s.”

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Padilla said that officials ruled it was Caylee’s hair just by a process of elimination because the hair had a death ring around it and they know Casey is alive. The fact that the DNA is identical has something to do with who the father is, Padilla said.

[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]“Would the DNA from a child resulting from a union from Lee and Casey have basically the same characteristics? Making the preliminary DNA check not definitive as to who the hair samples are from,” he said.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I don't know enough about DNA to make an intelligent opinion about that, but I can guess about incest. I agree with the other poster. Casey always had a man around and didn't need to carry on relations with any of her family members. She was an adult when Caylee was conceived so I highly doubt there is anything going on in that sense.

I'm starting to not buy the story about the father being the deceased man. He has no voice to say "yes" or "no". I honestly think she had SO many lovers around that time, she has no idea WHO the father truly is. She probably made up that story about the one-night stand guy to make her look less like a loosey goosey.

Her own friends (even her best friend) have no idea who the mystery father is. They never met him, and didn't even know his name.

With the history of Casey's lies, I wouldn't be surprised if paternity was never certain.

I worked for years in a District Attorney's Office as a Victims Advocate.

I assure you if Caylee's father is Lee or George it would be FAR more common than the average person would suspect.

And I do not mean from just uneducated, low class type people. From ALL walks of life.

These family secrets would come out in the course of an investigation having nothing to do with paternity.

Exactly what is happening now with Caylee's disapperance.

Lots of panic to keep things out of the media in that family. More important to them than finding Caylee's body.

Cindy and George are trying to salvage what is left of ther family.

I haven't read these many pages, but, isn't there already a DNA profile of Caylee? They know Jesse isn't the father (I'm assuming by DNA), so, why couldn't the profile that was done then be used now?

I believe LE knows who the father is at this point hence LP's comment that Cindy, Casey & Lee knows and George does not. After seeing George's behavior it seems to me he has a bad temper. If in fact Lee is the father, I think George would have done something drastic.

Here is a quick and dirty explanation of DNA and Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). Imagine in your mind a chicken egg – it has a yellow yolk and the clear white viscous albumin surrounding the yolk, and then there is the eggshell. Keep this image in mind for the future discussion. For human cells, the terms will be compared to the chicken egg like this: a) Chicken eggshell = human cell membrane – they serve the same purpose in both examples, i.e. the membrane (eggshell) holds the cell together. B) Chicken egg albumin = human cell cytoplasm. C) Chicken egg yolk = human cell nucleus. Here is what happens when a male sperm fertilizes an egg (ovum) from a woman. The fertilized egg at that point will have the male sperm DNA in the nucleus (egg yolk for the chicken egg analogy). The ONLY place in the cell that the father’s DNA can be found is in the nucleus. The Mother’s DNA will be in BOTH the nucleus AND the cytoplasm. The DNA in the cytoplasm is a special kind of DNA called Mitochondrial DNA that is ONLY found in the cytoplasm, and it is EXACTLY the same as the Mother’s DNA. Thus, Cindy’s mtDNA is the same as Casey’s mtDNA, and the same as Caylee’s mtDNA. The DNA in the nucleus of any cell from Caylee would be a blend of Casey and the father’s DNA. Mitochondrial DNA is what is being discussed by LE in this case because they obtained the mtDNA profile from the hair in the trunk. They cannot get a full DNA profile from hair because hair cells do not have a nucleus – thus they can only look for mtDNA – which means they can only determine the female lineage of the specimen being analyzed. Hope that helps.

Great explanation. Thanks!!

So true Jersey Girl. Although the smell stuck with me for a couple of days, rather than months...and I did have to throw out the clothes I was wearing during the autopsy. It's not a smell I will ever mistaken for something else, i'm sure.

not bone fragments. SCALP. The person posted on another forum that their aunt was a retired sheriff, but had friends currently on the force who were either on the case, or in the know. s/he claims that the hair was attached to pieces of scalp. somebody here mistakenly suggested it was pieces of skull. however that's not what the original poster said. HTH. :)

Well if that's true then they can get a complete DNA from scalp tissue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23