UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who doesn't believe in the dp should after watching that precious little boy and how much he loves his family and they love him. I love how they watched him and got down on the floor and played with him. He was so treasured and you can see it. They should play this clip at the sentencing so no one forgets what those monsters did and to who.

Anyone who doesn't believe in the dp should after watching that precious little boy and how much he loves his family and they love him. I love how they watched him and got down on the floor and played with him. He was so treasured and you can see it. They should play this clip at the sentencing so no one forgets what those monsters did and to who.

And play a montage of all those beautiful photos. You're so right; this little boy was cherished. It tears me apart that he went from that to such brutality to murdered in just a matter of days. What must have been going through his mind, the terror and desolation, crying for his Daddy and all who loved him so much. Dear God.

i seem to remember when ted bundy was executed there werent too many people lighting candles.......unless they were fireworks. it depends on what type of murderer is being executed.

you will hear often, even here at websleuths, 'i normally oppose the dp but in this case i'll make an exception'

I don't believe they deserve to draw breath, but there is also an appeal to throwing them out like so much trash, never to be seen or heard from again.

Does anyone know what time the hearing is today?

Does anyone know what time the hearing is today?

I wasn't able to find a time stated in any reports that mentioned today's hearing. Since security was an issue at the last hearing, maybe LE didn't want the exact time made public. Some reports stated that Ethan supporters crowded the courtroom and spilled out into the hallways at the last hearing.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10769121

The story of Ethan's brutal death has touched people across the state and country; some were prompted to attend the press conference and hearing Friday.

The courtroom was packed, and Ethan's supporters overflowed into the hallway. Many had no personal connection to Ethan or the Sloops.

Emotions were high inside and outside the courtroom.

snipped...

Security was also tight during Friday's hearing. At least 10 bailiffs stood inside the courtroom as the Sloops made their respective appearances.

Family members of at least one of the suspects were there. They did not comment as they left the courtroom, accompanied by a sheriff's deputy.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10769121

The story of Ethan's brutal death has touched people across the state and country; some were prompted to attend the press conference and hearing Friday.

The courtroom was packed, and Ethan's supporters overflowed into the hallway. Many had no personal connection to Ethan or the Sloops.

Emotions were high inside and outside the courtroom.

snipped...

Security was also tight during Friday's hearing. At least 10 bailiffs stood inside the courtroom as the Sloops made their respective appearances.

Family members of at least one of the suspects were there. They did not comment as they left the courtroom, accompanied by a sheriff's deputy.

oops this was from the 14th, so maybe nothing has happened yet today...?
(sorry Paintr, I did not see your post on the previous page explaining 1st court appearance...my anxiety in this case is heightened to the extreme!)

I'm not finding anything today. Last time they were in Farmington District Court. SS and NS are not on the docket for today.

On the abc4 morning news they mentioned they were expected in court this afternoon.

I'm bracing myself for more disturbing information to come out.
It's so sad knowing the entire country has embraced sweet Ethan yet his own mother IMO is responsible for everything that happened to him.

VB

Ok after I posted this I was able to go back and view the abc4 news since it was still on that channel (isn't tv amazing now adays!)
They said they are expected to appear in court but dang it they did not give a time! I'm thinking the news stations have been asked to not give that info out due to it being high profile and people continue to be so passionate!

Well, LWOP is cheaper than the DP, but that doesn't matter. I'm generally against the DP, however I gladly make an exception in this case. They don't deserve to draw breath.[/QUOTE

Forgive me for not understanding the DP as I live in Canada. I still do not understand how LWOP can possibly be cheaper than the DP!

Hi Rapsodee, I can answer that question for you if it is not already. In capital cases, appeals occur - the first one is mandatory, then subsequent ones are continued throughout the process. The costs of these appeals within the judicial system are quite exorbitant - in the millions of dollars. Also, specially trained death penalty lawyers are assigned to these cases, and their fees for the taxpayer are incredible. The inmate must be housed privately on "death row", and the costs for this alone are high, as well as private detention supervision. In comparison, it costs approx 500,00 to keep a regular inmate for life, and several million dollars to deal with a death penalty case.

Prosecutors are expected to file charges Friday in the death of 4-year-old Ethan Stacy.

Ethan's mother and stepfather, Stephanie and Nathan Sloop, could be arraigned on aggravated murder charges when they appear in court in Farmington Friday afternoon.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10951084

I wonder if they were waiting for COD before proceeding with charges?

Just thought I would let you know that I just got off the ohone with KSL, there wont be a live stream and as of right now no presser has been called but they are prepared to go if one is called

http://twitter.com/BenWinslow
Wow! These charging documents are interesting. I'm going to break them down on the @fox13now @ 11! #EthanStacy #Utah
half a minute ago via UberTwitter

BREAKING NEWS: Nathan & Stephanie Sloop charged with aggravated murder in the death of #EthanStacy! @fox13now #Utah
9 minutes ago via UberTwitter

Hmmmm, Fox live link isn't up. It's always up for a newscast.

OK Fox stream is up now. Saying the same as others posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member