Chelsea Clinton’s Marriage On The Rocks

trigger

Reaction score
Chelsea Clinton’s Marriage On The Rocks already?

Reports flying that the six-month marriage is over — collapsing under pressure from work and family.

A Clinton family spokesperson confirmed Mezvinsky is on a three-month break from his job as an investment banker, and is hitting the slopes in Jackson Hole, Wyo. His wife stayed behind at their posh Fifth Avenue apartment, where the doorman told CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer that Mezvinsky has been missing in action.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/02/03/reports-chelsea-clintons-marriage-on-the-rocks/

CHELSEA CLINTON's new husband walked out on her after a knock-down, drag-out fight over starting a family, sources say, and now the former first daughter wants an annulment!

Just six months after marrying into the Clinton clan, Marc Mezvinsky has quit his cushy Wall Street job to be a ski bum in Wyoming, leaving a devastated Chelsea behind in their New York apartment, insiders say.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/chelsea_clinton_marriage_over_marc_mezvinsky/celebrity/70108

Well Chelsea if this is true I'm glad this jerk is gone. You deserve better.

Would Walter Cronkite report this story?

hope she had a pre-nup(sp) Sounds like he married her for her money and she discovered this after the fact. Sad for her

I'm going to err on the side of everyone having trouble adjusting to marriage - especially in the spotlight! Hopefully the news is making much ado about nothing. I was much younger and thankfully had rose-colored glasses on for the first year, but if I had been older, I'm sure I would have felt much the same. Hope they can work it out.

I really hope this isn't true. And if it is, I wish the media would leave her alone during what has to be an awful time for her. Wishful thinking, eh?

I hope it isn't true but when I read the story a few days ago about Marc quitting his job to take off to Wyoming to ski for the time being, it just screams bad news to me.

I mean, come on, what newlywed takes off like that, leaving his wife behind? It isn't like these two are some struggling couple and he left to go find a job somewhere to support them. I really cannot think of a viable reason for them to be apart like this just months after their wedding.

I will feel badly for them if they don't make it as a couple. They married here in my local area and it was just such sweet and special time. I hope it works out for them both.

hope she had a pre-nup(sp) Sounds like he married her for her money and she discovered this after the fact. Sad for her

LadyL, he has tons of money of his own. He comes from a rich family as well.

Things like this happen in the real world of "normal" folks. Many years ago I had a friend who married a guy in a huge, very expensive formal wedding. I'm sure it was a struggle for her family to pay for that type of wedding, but they wanted to do it for their only daughter. Well, that marriage lasted less than a year.

Eighteen months later she married again. Guess what? ANOTHER big wedding, this time sponsored by the groom's parents. He had never been married before and they wanted the big party, so they paid for it. And, thankfully, that marriage "took".

I would think this is more common nowadays than it was back then, what with the gals being more educated and able to support themselves. And I've also known several women over the years who have said things like "I knew within 6 months that the marriage was a mistake and I should have gotten out right away."

So, if it isn't working, it isn't working. I think sometimes it only takes a few months to figure that out.

It really does not sound good that the guy quit his job and went skiing. Not that there could not be some rational explanation for it.

I am still horrified by the treatment this young woman got as an awkward teen in the whitehouse. Whatever is happening in her personal life I wish her well and feel this is none of my biz.

I am still horrified by the treatment this young woman got as an awkward teen in the whitehouse. Whatever is happening in her personal life I wish her well and feel this is none of my biz.

I will never forget Limbaughs depiction of her picture next to a dog. And that was just one example, her life has not been easy.
I have seen it happen many times; a couple live together for years then months after they finally tie the knot it's over.
I wish the best for her. If I were him I wouldn't want Hillary on the outs with me.

LadyL, he has tons of money of his own. He comes from a rich family as well.

His mom is Marjorie Margolies. She is from Philly. She was a broadcast journalist.I think also a member of Congress. Beautiful woman.

Just sharing.:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back