CANADA Canada - Bowmanville, Ont, Black/S. AsianFem 18-30, 90UFON, near freeway, Oct'06

Thanks for the feedback Snoopster, I did wonder about the braces, versus "buck teeth", but thought that there was a chance that braces were removed ( after she went missing)and teeth did not stay straight. I have known a couple of people who had to have a retainer put on, because teeth started getting crooked again when braces came off.
I wonder if LE plans to return to the spot uid was found to see if anything else can be salvaged.

Odd that the image of the new face reconstruction I posted on my #10, has been pulled by the paper -- for a moment I thought I was losing it, lol. Thank goodness for Deed's posts #25, #26, #35 and #36 :blowkiss: so I know my imagination is not playing tricks on me :crazy:

Afterwards when trying to quote my #10 post, I could see the URL address to the picture in question. Sadly, it now leads to this message:
http://www.clarington.com/images/stories/new_facial_depiction_2small.jpg

:( Too bad because that one was a good size image; hopefully someone here is able to find a link to that picture.

For the time being, will post this other image:
600_reconstructed_skull_110307.jpg

Forensic artist Diana Trepkov used a skull to reconstruct the face of a woman whose remains were found in Clarington in 2006.​

Video at link: http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110307/forensic-artist-cold-case-drawing-110307/20110307?hub=TorontoNewHome

I haven't seen this posted yet.

The Fifth Wheel Truck Stop is located 2.8 KM's from the recovery location. Not far.

The driving directions are from the address of the Nuclear Station, which is approximately 2 KM south, off the highway, towards Lake Ontario. So it is very, very close.

Darlington Nuclear Plant Address:43.872776,-78.71972

Fifth Wheel Truck Stop in Bowmanville: 2475 south service road bowmanville

http://mapq.st/qp1w2v

Wondergirl, these two images together will help you see the proximity to the Darliington plant. We assumed the perp used that dirt road to reach the area where her body was located. If you look with Google Street View, you'll notice there is a sign blocking entrance to the Nuclear Plant. Just from memory, there is some kind of "pole" at the end of that dirt road. I believe there is some mention of it in earlier posts. HTH :)
First image is a r epost (from post # 17 )

CLICK ON IMAGE of recovery site TO ENLARGE

attachment.php

source for bigger image of location of remains: http://www.drps.ca/internet_explorer/whatsnew/missingperson_view.asp?ID=138

Attachments

• Screenshot1.png
    Screenshot1.png
    941.9 KB · Views: 235
Hazel, you might be on to something. Sheppard accepted her fiance's proposal on live television on New Year's Eve and she went missing either New Year's Day or January 2nd. The little heart could have been part of an engagement ring box that she kept for sentimental reasons.

I wish the footage of her fiance proposing was available so we'd have some idea of what she might have still been wearing when she disappeared (if she disappeared Jan. 1) or at least some idea of how she dressed.

Hazel, I was very excited when first seeing SS,but then came across this link, which may be referring to this Darlington iud, as having been ruled out, not positive though..
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/475585--in-a-cold-case-hope-is-hot
"Every time a woman with Sheryl's exact birth date crosses the Canada-U.S. border or goes through airport security in either country, Thom is notified. He has had three “hits” in the past six months. None was useful.

Any time human remains are discovered in Canada that could be Sheryl, he is also notified. The last was found in Durham a few months ago. It was not Sheryl."

I haven't seen this posted yet.

The Fifth Wheel Truck Stop is located 2.8 KM's from the recovery location. Not far.

The driving directions are from the address of the Nuclear Station, which is approximately 2 KM south, off the highway, towards Lake Ontario. So it is very, very close.

Darlington Nuclear Plant Address:43.872776,-78.71972

Fifth Wheel Truck Stop in Bowmanville: 2475 south service road bowmanville

http://mapq.st/qp1w2v

You can enter the 5th Wheel Truck stop from the 401 east.
It is right beside the 401.

I wonder if the Darlington Gravel pit is near where these two young girls remains were discovered in 71- Also, if this area is used by just one perp over many years -because it might offer clues as to this uid's identity.

http://www.opp.ca/ecms/files/250383056.2.pdf

On Friday, October 1st 1971, Kathy POTTER and Lee KIRK ate supper with their foster family on Rochell Crescent in TORONTO. At about 6:30 p.m., they left home and were dropped off at the bus stop at the corner of Yonge Street and Finch Avenue in TORONTO. The two girls were going to visit Lee KIRK’s biological father in RICHMOND HILL. The girls never made it to their destination and were not seen again until Sunday, October 3rd, when their bodies were found in a gravel pit in PICKERING, Ontario.

I wonder if the Darlington Gravel pit is near where these two young girls remains were discovered in 71- Also, if this area is used by just one perp over many years -because it might offer clues as to this uid's identity.

http://www.opp.ca/ecms/files/250383056.2.pdf

On Friday, October 1st 1971, Kathy POTTER and Lee KIRK ate supper with their foster family on Rochell Crescent in TORONTO. At about 6:30 p.m., they left home and were dropped off at the bus stop at the corner of Yonge Street and Finch Avenue in TORONTO. The two girls were going to visit Lee KIRK’s biological father in RICHMOND HILL. The girls never made it to their destination and were not seen again until Sunday, October 3rd, when their bodies were found in a gravel pit in PICKERING, Ontario.

They also have a thread here for these girls with some good information... I just don't know how to link to posts outside a particular thread...

I too think she is aboriginal, like the original sketches suggested, maybe mixed Asian. Like they say, bones don't lie. Her body must have been in a shallow grave or exposed to the elements since no hair was found, which would have helped a lot IMO.

I too think she is aboriginal, like the original sketches suggested, maybe mixed Asian. Like they say, bones don't lie. Her body must have been in a shallow grave or exposed to the elements since no hair was found, which would have helped a lot IMO.

I wonder if she is Eastern European/Russian, as some seem to have the blonde hair and blue eyes ,yet have a somewhat Asian looking appearance imo.I seem to recall that she was ultimately deemed to be blonde(I assume they gathered that from later dna testing)although, maybe with the other items later found, perhaps there was a strand or two of hair- I wondered if it was entwined with the red ribbon...
I also wondered if this uid had been a foster child at one time, because many get lost from the system after turning 18.

How come no one notice any foul smell from nearby when driving on the roads according to aerial views (from above)? Or even look at funny shape across the plain brown landscape from the road?

I imagined that the killer still looking across the field in everytime he/she pass the road/highway.

I have been following this case since 2006 and I have probably looked at every article, news conference and Google screen shot. Now something has always bothered me about this case as I truly believe the 5th wheel truck stop holds clues. I honestly believe a trucker has disposed of this body for the following reasons:

1) At night I have driven down this road, it is very untraveled and dark. Even though I slightly know the area you can quickly get disoriented. This person would of had to have known the area fairly well to NOT be caught near the darlington entrance (The only light source). Being accustomed to driving to the 5th wheel something tells me you would be very use to the surroundings.

2) It's not really mentioned anywhere but there was another truck stop to the west (Has since closed) This unidentified female is located in between two truck stops (One which has rooms for rent :waitasec:) and both are mere seconds from on and off ramps to the highway.

3) Prostitutes use to frequent the 5th wheel parking lot, it was an easy way to hitch hike and an easy way to get "paid" .

4) I believe the body was brought through the side and not through the entrance (there is a fence that is seen near the road, if you follow the fence you get to where the body is located. If you use the entrance to the west, it is right near the darlington security and completely lit up, you would be seen.) **I have included pictures. **

(Picture #1 and #2)

5) Sometime killers like to relive the memory, they like to revisit the area in which the killings or the dumping of the body occurred. (Ex. Arthur Shawcross, caught having lunch with the dead corpse he has disposed of.)
I bring up this point because even though it may seem "insignificant" I have always wondered, why is this truck parked right at this entrance, when the fifth wheel is in that exact direction and only 2 minutes (If that) away.

Picture #3 and #4

I know I have come across as nuts but this case is important to me as I have been following it for so long, I actually care lots and want to see this get solved.

Attachments

• Bowmanvillle 1.bmp
    872.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Bowmanville. 2.bmp
    1,004.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Bowmanville .3.bmp
    897.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Bowmanville 4..bmp
    1 MB · Views: 38
Another theory I have is the Unidentified not being female, The new sketch reminds me of another missing person but male, I believe only the skull and some minor bones were found.

Nikki Lysanewitch - MISSING - July 1994 - Bobcaygeon/Kawartha Lakes/Oshawa
His friend posted on a web site that he complained of pain in his bones and his life style would have effected them (Ie. drugs and weight loss)

(Picture posted below.)

Attachments

• Nikki.bmp
    608.2 KB · Views: 72

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads