Darlie Routier on Death Row

Only Damon and Devin's blood was found on the sock. Darlie's DNA was found in the toe. Not her blood.

This happened not too far from my home. I am a mother and cannot understand how a mother can brutally kill her own children. How could she raise those boys all those years and then stab them to death? Some people think it was to get back at Darin because he was going to leave her, but I just don't get it.

My kids are the most important thing in the world to me and I cannot even think about them being hurt, much less killed without getting physically ill.

Darlie let their fleeting wealth go to her head. She got her house, jewelry, Jag, *advertiser censored* and boat, but forgot what was most important.

It's such a shame. Those boys would have loved her for the rest of her life. What does she have now?

I am not at all convinced they have the right person, and that it was Darlie.
I won't convict her. And I know some who do are now sorry they did. And this man speaks out about just that:

http://pollyannalana.hubpages.com/hub/Darlie-Routier

Bloody fingerprints have been found that do not belong to Darlie, Darin, the children or any of the police or other people in the Routier house the night of the murder. This contradicts

If we were to judge someone based upon their reactions/facial responses, etc. I always thought Darin acted far more strange then Darlie ever did.

@Leomoon80: I love your avatar. My grandmother had a large print in her home. I grew up looking at it every day. I now have a smaller version in my own home.

Too bad every child doesn't have a guardian angel looking out for them and keeps them safe from everything bad that could happen to them.

@Leomoon80: I love your avatar. My grandmother had a large print in her home. I grew up looking at it every day. I now have a smaller version in my own home.

Too bad every child doesn't have a guardian angel looking out for them and keeps them safe from everything bad that could happen to them.

oh, thanks so much Jody, your'e sweet to say that : )

What I recall most about my grandmom's home was a picture cut from a magazine in color of angels watching over 2 little children, a boy & girl rolling a ball with a 1930s type of hoop,.

Grandma was born in 1900 so it was a very old picture. I probably unconsciously tried to replicate or find it, online,but I don't think this is exactly the same one.

Thanks again.

Speaking of Darlie, I found a 2012 Interview she gave in May.

It's short, and I don't know if there is a part 2 but if so, I'd love to see it too.

Sounds like she cannot really understand, (nor could I) why Darin would have done such a thing as she mentioned to these detectives/(ex detective)

I think one of them was very rude to her, and that's why I'd like to see how the interview ended, but this one is rather a short video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF5yOkmp-GE"]Darlies rough Day.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

I found this very interesting tidbit on the older Jeffrey Mcdonald case wherein, he was convicted of murdering his wife Collette and his children the same night and of course, it's his own family who keeps the site going, just as with Diane Downs, it's her father keeping her site going. Many families cannot envision or want to believe their own did such dastardly deeds, and I can understand. However, when it comes to the Death Penalty, everything much be considered, every little nuance of a case.

Regarding Jeffrey MacDonald's wounds
Actually, I always thought the hippie group (the floppy hat hippie woman) did it, and she even confessed before she died as I recall.

But it was dismissed by the prosecutor and others, as the ravings of a drug hippie type of person, and not given an credance at all.

I always thought it was very possible that he had supplied this woman and her friends with drugs (he was a Medic or doctor) and that she had access to the house, but I still thought he was "part of the deal" between them, although I never believed he himself did the actual stabbings to his wife and child.

It's been quite a few years since I studied this case or read anything on it, so my memory may be faded, but that's what I recall vaguely, as I do think he had some connection to the hippie group afterall. Just as the woman said he did before she died.

from this site: http://www.themacdonaldcase.org/index.html

I honestly don't think Darlie knew enough about anatomy, and the arteries that would have killed her, as her wounds likewise, were that severe as to possibly have even caused her death.

They were able to pinpoint exactly how macdonald killed his whole family because each member of the family had a different blood type. I have no doubts.

Sent from my iPhone

once the test results are reported, Darlie's lawyer will motion for new hearing which will be denied. The new trial motion will probably have to work its way up to Federal Courts. Six to ten years.

once the test results are reported, Darlie's lawyer will motion for new hearing which will be denied. The new trial motion will probably have to work its way up to Federal Courts. Six to ten years.

So Darlie could be on death row for another 6 to 10 years?

JenTx --

It will likely take 6 to 10 years to resolve the new wave of appeals spawn as a result of the "new evidence" and questions of whether or not it is sufficient to possibly change the original guilty finding. It is not out of the realm of possibility that, if the "new evidence" does raise puzzling questions, the State might offer her a life sentence to dispose of it.

No sure where to ask this but since this thread is active: did they ever resolve the fingerprint issue? I was looking at book reviews on amazon and saw one said to be from darlie's mom. An old comment saying the boys were exhumed and not their fingerprint. I did not recall any info of exhumation.

Wasn't there a major problem with the court reporter at her trial. The court reporter relied on tape recorder or something. Then went home with the trial transcripts and played one tape - and heard silence and figured all tapes were blank. So she had her daughter type up the transcripts from notes or something - I do not remember. Then it was discovered the tapes were not blank afterall. And the court reporter kept them in some storage unit. Finally when recovered and compared to the official trial transcripts that she filed as case record - her transcripts were so far off from the recordings it was unreal. Witness Yes answers were recorded as No in the official court transcripts and I believe testimonies were missing - jumbled etc. I hope I am remembering the correct case.

I just read through the appealate transcripts and once again find that I often speak too soon. Texas law has tough standards with respect to granting new trials. At this point, it may not be enough to show that some unknown "intruder" was likely in the house. They might be required to show that the "intruder" is in fact the attacker.

There are several fingerprints in question. One was identified as belonging to Darien (the husband). The other two have not been identified which does Darlie no good at all.

After a year of rework, the transcripts are repaired. But errors in transcription do not in any way provide proof of Darlie's innocents.

This will all come down to what they find with the additional DNA testing and whether or not it is sufficient to get a US Circuit Court to order the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals to grant a new trail. Texas probably will not give her a new trial without a federal order.

not sure how long she will be on death row. But after they change her sentence in "life without parole", she will not longer be there. When that happends? I dont know...

But she will never be executed. You can be certain of that...

not sure how long she will be on death row. But after they change her sentence in "life without parole", she will not longer be there. When that happends? I dont know...

How can you be certain of that?

JenTx --

It will likely take 6 to 10 years to resolve the new wave of appeals spawn as a result of the "new evidence" and questions of whether or not it is sufficient to possibly change the original guilty finding. It is not out of the realm of possibility that, if the "new evidence" does raise puzzling questions, the State might offer her a life sentence to dispose of it.

There is no "new evidence." She's granted tests on the old evidence. Tests that weren't available in 1996. Darlie's appeals were delayed because of the transcript issue. The federal court granted a stay and threw it back to the state court to conduct the dna tests. The new Y-STR typing is now being used.

They are now in the testing process but as noted it could take years. It won't be resolved any time soon.

If that happened she'd be subject to 1996 rules and she would be eligible for parole.

If the dna tests go against her, her sentence will stand.

Wasn't there a major problem with the court reporter at her trial. The court reporter relied on tape recorder or something. Then went home with the trial transcripts and played one tape - and heard silence and figured all tapes were blank. So she had her daughter type up the transcripts from notes or something - I do not remember. Then it was discovered the tapes were not blank afterall. And the court reporter kept them in some storage unit. Finally when recovered and compared to the official trial transcripts that she filed as case record - her transcripts were so far off from the recordings it was unreal. Witness Yes answers were recorded as No in the official court transcripts and I believe testimonies were missing - jumbled etc. I hope I am remembering the correct case.

her transcripts were so far off from the recordings it was unreal. Witness Yes answers were recorded as No in the official court transcripts and I believe testimonies were missing - jumbled etc. I hope I am remembering the correct case

That didn't happen. That's just Routier bs.

The recorder did not have the transcript ready on time. She lied about the audio tapes and she was disciplined for it. Another recorder, Susan Simmons I think the name is, took the tapes and steno books and corrected the transcript, which contained typos and spelling mistakes, nothing more. The transcript was accepted by court. IOW no appeal was granted on the transcript. NOw the federal courts might have something to say about it but only if she meets Brady.

Cami knows better than I do, but I believe some of the items were tested at the State level and they have to raise the money for the Federal testing....or it could be visa versa. Maybe Cami will help us out on this.

I would think there would be a time limit on how long you have to get the testing done, but no one seems to know.

Jennifer, she was granted further testing on the sock, a pubic hair, a limb hair and the knife and the fingerprints.

Anything else, she has to pay for. i.e. Judge Royal did not grant her the nightshirt. If she wants that nightshirt tested by the new tests, she has to pay for it. They need about $200,000 to pay for the tests they want done.

All of these tests are delay tactics. However, we don't want to go executing an innocent woman so no one has a problem with them. I would say to Darlie be careful what you wish for. Jeff MacDonald's dna tests only proved he was the killer and exonerated the two people he insists killed his family.

But as Jim noted, these tests will take years because they are post-conviction tests. Until then she is under a stay.

Anyway here's the link to Judge Royal's decision.

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Legal/Habeas/081105.pdf

All the specimens are now in the Dept of Public Safety lab in Austin but as to when the testing will take place is anyone's guess.

I just read through the appealate transcripts and once again find that I often speak too soon. Texas law has tough standards with respect to granting new trials. At this point, it may not be enough to show that some unknown "intruder" was likely in the house. They might be required to show that the "intruder" is in fact the attacker.

There are several fingerprints in question. One was identified as belonging to Darien (the husband). The other two have not been identified which does Darlie no good at all.

After a year of rework, the transcripts are repaired. But errors in transcription do not in any way provide proof of Darlie's innocents.

This will all come down to what they find with the additional DNA testing and whether or not it is sufficient to get a US Circuit Court to order the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals to grant a new trail. Texas probably will not give her a new trial without a federal order.

Darin's latent print is on the back door. Not surprising since he lived in the house. But it's the bloody print on the back door that is in question. According to Darlie's expert, not the state, that print is not hers or anyone at the CS.

The two bloody prints in question are unidentifiable because they are partial prints. However, the defence believes and the court agrees there is enough points to run them through AFIS.

ITA, what scares me is artifact dna, like in the Ramsey case, taking the heat off the parents.

IMO that print on the back door is Darlie's. She's the only person with bloody hands, her blood leads up to it and away from it and she puts herself in that area. There's no blood dripped from the hand of an intruder leading up to that print or away from it, no blood in the garage, window, outside the house.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back