Do you think Darlie premeditated the murders of Devon and Damon?

Do you think Darlie premeditated the murders of Devon and Damon?

• Yes she had been thinking about killing them for some time

Votes: 115 47.3%
  • No she just snapped and killed them

Votes: 35 14.4%
  • No, Darlie is innocent

Votes: 37 15.2%
  • No, Darin is the real killer

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • She had fantasized about it for awhile. The events earlier in the night brought her fantasy to reali

Votes: 24 9.9%
  • Yes, but not for a long period of time.

Votes: 28 11.5%

• Total voters
I do know that other countries are much more lienient on the murdering of children because of post partum depression and some of the time I agree. (like with the Yates case. I beleive that poor woman had a breakdown IMO) but this case is different and I can't articulate why. It just is IMO

I think the brutality of the killing, stabbing little children to death, shocks most people to the core. It's an extremely violent way to kill your children, with blood etc involved, unlike smothering/drowning etc. I still can't work out if Darlie meant to kill herself or not. Most people know that important blood vessels run down your neck. How many people would take the chance of missing hitting an artery by mere millimetres? She could very easily ended up killing herself with just a very slightly deeper cut.

I think the brutality of the killing, stabbing little children to death, shocks most people to the core. It's an extremely violent way to kill your children, with blood etc involved, unlike smothering/drowning etc. I still can't work out if Darlie meant to kill herself or not. Most people know that important blood vessels run down your neck. How many people would take the chance of missing hitting an artery by mere millimetres? She could very easily ended up killing herself with just a very slightly deeper cut.

Join the club...we meet every Wednesday at 10.
Just kidding!

Most of us, even the people that believe her to be guilty, think Darin is involved in some way and that Darlie may have been trying to kill herself.

Personally, I don't see that fitting her personality. If I had to give an opinion on it I'd say she just wanted a dramatic wound and wasn't thinking at all about the danger.

I might be very wrong, but after reading a lot on this case and watching interviews with Darlie, I have a gut feeling that she didn't plan any of this in advance. I think something really exploded inside of her that night, some kind of devilish chemistry in her brain, some unexplainable reaction that resulted in such a tragedy. I don't think she calculated anything at all, she just let out all of her deepest darkest demons. And then at some point she must have realized what she is doing and panically started to stage the crime scene in order to avoid being accused for committing this horrible crime. I am not sure if she wanted to kill herself also, I think that not, because if she'd really plan the murders+suicide in advance, I think she would have chosen a different method both for boys and herself, one that would work for sure and was easier to execute.

Although I think she experienced some relief after the murders (because she doesn't seem sad, not even a bit), I also think that she has made herself believe that she's telling the truth. I know it sounds strange and complicated, but I think Darlie accepted lies for truth, that is why she can look you in the eye and say - I didn't do it.

I think she is mentally very very disturbed.

I might be very wrong, but after reading a lot on this case and watching interviews with Darlie, I have a gut feeling that she didn't plan any of this in advance. I think something really exploded inside of her that night, some kind of devilish chemistry in her brain, some unexplainable reaction that resulted in such a tragedy. I don't think she calculated anything at all, she just let out all of her deepest darkest demons. And then at some point she must have realized what she is doing and panically started to stage the crime scene in order to avoid being accused for committing this horrible crime. I am not sure if she wanted to kill herself also, I think that not, because if she'd really plan the murders+suicide in advance, I think she would have chosen a different method both for boys and herself, one that would work for sure and was easier to execute.

Although I think she experienced some relief after the murders (because she doesn't seem sad, not even a bit), I also think that she has made herself believe that she's telling the truth. I know it sounds strange and complicated, but I think Darlie accepted lies for truth, that is why she can look you in the eye and say - I didn't do it.

I think she is mentally very very disturbed.

I agree that she didn't preplan it like a gang of bank robbers plans an underground heist.
I think she fantasized A LOT about how much better her life would be with just one or no kids. I'm sure she spent a lot of time daydreaming and visualizing having to spend a lot less time doing the mundane duties of a mother of three and having more leisure time.

I doubt she visualized the actual killing but it seems like she must have formulated a basic plan on how to kill the boys and where everyone would have to be to dramatically decrease the chances of Darin catching her in the murders, whatever she'd have to do to stage the scene and where she'd be and what she'd be doing when he came downstairs.

She had to make sure he and Drake were upstairs and both boys were sleeping soundly in the same room. She was at least smart enough to know she'd have to create a grizzly scene in order to sell her intruder ruse. I dont' think she was prepared for how much blood would come out of her boys. She certainly was not expecting one of them to not die immediately and to have to stab him a second round of times.

Most people, when they think of killing someone, think of only a few realistic methods. Guns, stabbings, poison, strangling.
She knew guns were out. Poison is too uncertain and might not work. Strangling takes way too long and she knew she couldn't strangle one while the other one ran away. She stabbed them both in a way that greatly increased the chance of almost instant death. Other than a shooting or pulling a Susan Smith, what better way could she devise with a built-in excuse to blame it on some unknown person?

We know she ideated suicide, and I'm sure she did a lot more than her one diary note detailed. Most people who ideate suicide do a lot more times then they ever tell. As weird as it may sound, I think she was all in on killing the boys but on the fence about killing herself.

Either that, or she decided to postpone serious attempts at suicide until after she knew her sons were dead....sort of a wait until the point of no return to make the decision. She underestimated how hard it would be to make the decision to kill herself and only half-assed the slash to her throat. Once she slit her own throat, she figured she's got a 50-50 chance of survival (based, again, on not realized how much she'd bleed) and at that point the reality and guilt kicked in and she figured she should die for her trangressions.

She played a lot of it off the cuff. Other than knocking the table over to create the illusion of a fight and maybe breaking the wine glass, she went about staging the scene rather frantically and spontaneously.
She knew beforehand she would have to do a few things to stage a fake intruder, but obviously she didn't put much thought into slashing the screen with her own knife or the fact that there would be no blood found outdoors....anywhere.... and that that would be the first and primary evidence against her.

Obviously she slit her throat over the sink. At first she was thinking like a housewife, not wanting to create an enormous mess by cleaning up the sink. Then she figured she'd toss a few things around and make it look worse.

She had her intruder worked up beforehand, at least in rough fashion, judging by her comments to 911 about looking around for missing items.

She really did not do any real homework on anything and did not even attempt to figure out how 911 responders, EMT's or detectives read crime scenes. Overall, like most staged murders, it was a completely half assed job.

Agreed, she felt enormous relief shortly after the act. Her behavior in the hospital was nothing like real grief and shock.

When I watch the Silly String video I see (morbid as it sounds) her doing a Victory Dance. She figured if they didn't arrest her in a day or two, she had gotten away with it. Watch her body language. The gum chewing. The big grins. The little jig. Now watch Darin's. Hands in his pockets (helpless, severly uncomfortable), the stiffness in his stance. The subtle disbelief in his face. He's so stunned he can't even bring himself to cry.

My unprofessional diagnosis is she's severely sociopathic and very potentially psychopathic. Someone else here mentioned histrionic personality disorder (certainly, based on her rape story from her dating Darin days) and certainly narcissistic personality disorder. Which all just means what you said, she's highly disturbed in ways that most people can not and will never understand.

Oh, and she's a pathological liar, which Darin HAD to have known by the time they got married.

I honestly think the silly string video's importance has been overplayed from day one. People do celebrate birthdays at the graveside. Ok, right after the death of a child may seem mad, but there was a whole block of video of them doing the more "normal" graveside things, prior to the silly string being squirted. I honestly believe it's got no bearing on the case. Darlie's sister brought the silly string, not Darlie. I think she saw it as a way to remember they were little boys. It was a release of tension. A sad birthday tribute to a 7 year old who would have been squirting the silly string himself had he been alive. Ok it wasn't the best idea probably and a lot of people think it's distasteful but people grieve and celebrate the lives of those who have died in different ways. I don't think Darlie's sister meant anything by it.

Sound sleeper, eh? Tell me this, when Darlie awoke to see a 'strange man' at the foot of the couch, why did she get up and follow him instead of calling for her husband as any other woman would do?

Also- If she were a sound sleeper why wasn't she sleeping upstairs? Because the reason given for Darlie sleeping downstairs was that the baby moving on his cot woke her up.

Surprisingly, I actually do think she premeditated this. I say surprsingly because when I look at other cases where I believe the parent was the killer I don't usually think so. Even Jeffrey Macdonad, a case that this one has always reminded me of, I don't think premeditated the first two killings. The thrid, yes, but that was a reaction to what he had done to his wife and oldest daugther.

However, I think the idea of doing this was rolling around in Darlie's brain for a while before she did it. The exact timing may have been somewhat spur of the moment, but the fact that I believe she did think about it well in advance would certianly pass any legal or ethical test of premeditation.

What I don't understand is why they haven't carried out her sentence. The world will be a bett place when they do.

I honestly think the silly string video's importance has been overplayed from day one. People do celebrate birthdays at the graveside. Ok, right after the death of a child may seem mad, but there was a whole block of video of them doing the more "normal" graveside things, prior to the silly string being squirted. I honestly believe it's got no bearing on the case. Darlie's sister brought the silly string, not Darlie. I think she saw it as a way to remember they were little boys. It was a release of tension. A sad birthday tribute to a 7 year old who would have been squirting the silly string himself had he been alive. Ok it wasn't the best idea probably and a lot of people think it's distasteful but people grieve and celebrate the lives of those who have died in different ways. I don't think Darlie's sister meant anything by it.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, prior to being convinced of her guilt, as hearing it the first tim, this is exactly how i feel. It was meant to be an celebration that represented a seven year old spirit.

[
QUOTE=Lins1983;9863708]I agree with this wholeheartedly, prior to being convinced of her guilt, as hearing it the first tim, this is exactly how i feel. It was meant to be an celebration that represented a seven year old spirit.
[/QUOTE]

The silly string incident had nothing to do with my belief in her guilt. It was the evidence, both forensic and circumstantial that clealy points directly at
Darlie and no one else.

Premeditation is a legal concept and it can be formed in a matter of seconds. So yes, Darlie did in fact premeditate the killing of her sons because she knew that plunging a butcher knife into their bodies would kill them and she did it anyway.

Now, did she "pre-plan" the murder? Well, if she did, she didn't do a very good job of it. But I think she did to some extent. Maybe it was more of a fuzzy thought and it took more form until she decided to go for it. Maybe a few hours up to a day or so. She clearly didn't think it all the way through though.

Sound sleeper, eh? Tell me this, when Darlie awoke to see a 'strange man' at the foot of the couch, why did she get up and follow him instead of calling for her husband as any other woman would do?

I've shared this before on other boards and I'll share it again here.

One night my sister came over my house and we fell asleep on my bed watching a movie. A few hours later my boyfriend showed up at my house unannounced. I was sleeping in the bed and something woke me up. I opened my eyes and there was a man standing in my bedroom door. It was my boyfriend obviously, who let himself in.

The second I saw him I gasped and jumped up so loud that my sister next to me woke up and screamed. It took me about a quarter of a second to realize who he was but my instinct was to jump up and practically scream.

I don't buy that anyone would wake up, see a man in her house, and quietly get up and follow him without screaming loud enough to wake Darin.

Just an anecdote I know but I think it's interesting.

Although, interestingly enough, she had enough time to form intent, which is one of the requirements to prove premeditated 1st degree murder. She didn't do much, if any pre-planning, but she was sane, she knew what she was doing with the knife (i.e. stabbing her boys) would kill them, and then she did it anyway. Thus, the burden for premeditation was legally met.

The cut screen is all the proof needed, legally, for premeditation.

Premeditation can occur in seconds. All it means really is that it was not an accident, not self-defense, it was not an act of passion (i.e. finding your husband in bed with another woman and killing him without any rational consideration) and the killer was of sound mind to know that plunging a knife into those children would result in their deaths.

I think that there's no possible case to be made for Darlie having killed her children and it NOT being premeditated. At least if you are using the legal concept of premeditation.

All it really means is that she had a moment or more to think about whether she really wanted to do this and chose to do it.

Premeditation is a legal concept and it can be formed in a matter of seconds. So yes, Darlie did in fact premeditate the killing of her sons because she knew that plunging a butcher knife into their bodies would kill them and she did it anyway.

Now, did she "pre-plan" the murder? Well, if she did, she didn't do a very good job of it. But I think she did to some extent. Maybe it was more of a fuzzy thought and it took more form until she decided to go for it. Maybe a few hours up to a day or so. She clearly didn't think it all the way through though.

I think Darlie exhibits classic traits of a borderline or even histrionic personality disorder. What was the story at the graduation party where she claimed she was raped or some such nonsense because she wasn't getting any attention? Anyway people with these personality disorders are prone to impulsivity. I agree that there wasn't any "deep" planning. Darrin was out with Dayna for way longer than it should have been to take her home and Darlie's suspicious mind took over...then once the cascade started she couldn't control her impulses. MOO and all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Darlie exhibits classic traits of a borderline or even histrionic personality disorder. What was the story at the graduation party where she claimed she was raped or some such nonsense because she wasn't getting any attention? Anyway people with these personality disorders are prone to impulsivity. I agree that there wasn't any "deep" planning. Darrin was out with Dayna for way longer than it should have been to take her home and Darlie's suspicious mind took over...then once the cascade started she couldn't control her impulses. MOO and all...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that sums it up really well. I definitely think she had some serious personality disorders, probably more than one.

I think that sums it up really well. I definitely think she had some serious personality disorders, probably more than one.

It is clear to me that Darlie does herself no favours post trial. Her use of makeup and the desire to sing at the end of every interview stinks of a narcissistic personality.

Put yourself in her shoes. I do often. If I knew I was wrongly convicted, I'd be banging my head against the prison walls every second of every day and I would not 'dress up' for any interview I was to give. I would be too distraught, and too emotional to contemplate a move.

Does that make her guilty? Well it certainly doesn't help her cause from a propaganda perspective!

TellTheTruth;10160873]It is clear to me that Darlie does herself no favours post trial. Her use of makeup and the desire to sing at the end of every interview stinks of a narcissistic personality.

Put yourself in her shoes. I do often. If I knew I was wrongly convicted, I'd be banging my head against the prison walls every second of every day and I would not 'dress up' for any interview I was to give. I would be too distraught, and too emotional to contemplate a move.

She was not wrongly convicted.

I don't care about how she dresses, whether she sings, dances or performs gymnastics.

I only care that she is exactly where she should be until the State of Texas dispatches her to Hell, which can't come too soon for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0
Back