NV NV - Everlyse Cabrera, 2, North Las Vegas, 10 June 2006

Hi Bobbisangel.

I wanted to address a few things that you said in your post.

First, I remember reading in one of the links that this case will not be closed until they locate the little girl. Here's hoping that they stand by that resolve.

Secondly, from all of the articles that have mentioned anything about it, both males in the home are sons of the foster couple. The elder son owns the house and the parents and their younger son live there. I personally find it odd that this couple was granted a foster care license while living in their son's home. Was that the original situation, I wonder? Would that son/owner have had to have signed something? I don't know - it just seems like a somewhat unstable situation for the actual foster parents to take on children when they don't even have their own home. I guess that the sad reality is that there aren't enough homes for the kids so sometimes they probably have to take what they can get as long as they pass criminal checks. Not that there's anything wrong with a family living with their child, just that I would think that a foster care situation would require the foster parents to prove stability and financial strength.

Finally, the foster parents said that they had cooperated with LE but that they had nothing else to add. Who knows? Maybe they were berated and decided that they would no longer talk to LE because they already told them everything. I'm sure that interrogation can be immensely frustrating for the one being interrogated. I must say, though, that articles have stated that the family stopped cooperating with LE after the first day. That seems kind of early, even if they were frustrated, IMO.

I think that it is strange that the foster parents live with their son too. I too wonder if they had their own home when they started foster parenting but they would have to let CPS or whoever know that they had moved. I don't know. Maybe CPS lets certain things slide because they are desperate for foster parents.

It shouldn't matter how tired a person gets of answering questions when a child is missing. Besides it really doesn't look good for the foster parents when they refuse to cooperate with LE. This might not be their little girl but they were responsible for her and it was their home that she disappeared from. Why aren't they out there in the media pleading for her safe return? Why didn't they join the neighbors in the vigil for that baby? I'm just having a hard time understanding their behavior. I would be devistated if I were in their shoes.

I can't imagine what has happened to that baby. I just can't imagine her unlocking the door and going on out in the dark by herself. What baby that age goes out in the dark to play? Something has happened to her for sure though. I still don't understand why LE stopped searching right away? That baby could be laying right around there and just hasn't been seen yet.

Bobbisangel said:
I can't imagine what has happened to that baby. I just can't imagine her unlocking the door and going on out in the dark by herself. What baby that age goes out in the dark to play?
Actually, at that age, my children were not afraid of the dark. They were still unaware of the idea that there was anything scary or dangerous. All of my children would have gone out to play in the dark if given the chance to do so at that age. Whether or not they would have been able to successfully open the door is another question.

I have so many things I want to respond to in this thread.

First, the lack of media coverage in this case (in the beginning) is due to a couple factors; the fact that "nobody" cares about "system kids" - this is the same theory as white kids vs black kids and kidnapping media coverage AND also, the counties (agencies) will do as much as they can to cover up anything that could be perceived as "bad," not to mention, they are OBLIGATED to maintain the confidentiality of the family - if you only knew the number of system kids who runaway each year that are not placed on NCMC or any other website!!! In this case, the family got involved with the media - the protective agencies have never and will never be able to divulge any information on the family.

As for the foster home; believe me, the protective agencies do as much as they can to investigate a home before it is used for placement. HOWEVER there are specific rules as to what and who you can and cant look into. For instance, you can run a criminal background check on the caretakers in the home, but you CAN NOT run a background check on anyone else living in the home who is not considered a caretaker. Not to mention that many, many, many bad people are out there who have never been caught! I am curious though as to why the child was placed out of state - that, as far as I know, is rarely ever done in California.

As for the child with the burn - wether or not the incident was substantiated, they would remove the child anyway because of any ill feelings the foster parents may hold against the reporting party or the child, and vice versa. This is procedure any time a serious allegation is made against a foster parent.

And lastly, as for the foster family's refusal to cooperate; while the whole thing sounds suspicious (and remanant of the Florida girl) it is also possible that the foster agency which the family contracts with has advised the family not to speak with anyone.

If I was raising a little girl and I was the foster mother it wouldn't matter if the foster agency told me not to talk to LE or the media I would be talking to anyone that would listen. That little girl is a baby. I can't imagine why the agency wouldn't want them to cooperate. I think the parents just stopped cooperating because they didn't want to talk to LE. Maybe they felt accused but LE will always investigate the parents or foster parents first as they were with the child last and they are the caregivers. It shouldn't matter how you feel...the most important thing right now is the baby. You have to set your own feelings aside and focus on what is important...the missing baby. I would be devistated if it were me and crazy with worry. I would probably feel like it was my fault because she got out of the house.

It is unbelievable to me that these foster parents would be upset about the vigil. They should have been out there with the rest of the neighborhood. I would have been grateful for the neighbors having a vigil for pity sake.

This baby has been gone way to long for her to be someplace safe. I wonder what really happened to her? I can't help but feel like the foster parents or one of the sons are involved.

I have just read this thread and feel heartbroken. Has anyone heard anything? Sounds like the foster family are hideing a murder to me.I just CANNOTunderstand why if a child is missing they will not co-operate with the Law.

If you have Nothing to hide then there is nothing to worry about.

This is very sad, such a dear little girl. Why are the WRONG people given the PRIVELIDGE of careing for society's babies?

Not a word about this little girl. I have a bad feeling that this is another foster family that did something to their foster child. I just don't believe that little baby trotted outside into the dark and someone found her out there.

I wonder why the older couple and their teenage son were living with the way older son? That is kind of a strange situation. I wonder if the husband was working?

I wish we would hear something. I hope LE is still investigating this case.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5430636

Just updating. Police are recanvassing the neighborhood for clues in the disappearance of Everlyse Cabrera. Nothing new that I know of. From the few leads everything seems to have dried up from there. Not sure if they've re-interviewed the foster family at this point.

Gmommy said:
http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5430636

Just updating. Police are recanvassing the neighborhood for clues in the disappearance of Everlyse Cabrera. Nothing new that I know of. From the few leads everything seems to have dried up from there. Not sure if they've re-interviewed the foster family at this point.

Do they think that they will find clues in the neighborhood after all of this time? I wish they would find this little girl. If they haven't stayed hot of the trail of the foster parents maybe they should. I think this is another case of foster parenting gone wrong.

Bobbisangel said:
Do they think that they will find clues in the neighborhood after all of this time? I wish they would find this little girl. If they haven't stayed hot of the trail of the foster parents maybe they should. I think this is another case of foster parenting gone wrong.
I am usually one to try and remain hopeful but in this case I am inclined to agree with you. I almost hate typing that, makes me feel like I am giving up. Wherever little Everlyse is I am sure the police want to find her but just have nothing to go on at this point and without any evidence against the foster parents or anyone else they've got a major uphill battle trying to locate this lost little one.

I am at least hopeful that she will be found, sure would be nice to see that happen very soon.

Gmommy said:
I am usually one to try and remain hopeful but in this case I am inclined to agree with you. I almost hate typing that, makes me feel like I am giving up. Wherever little Everlyse is I am sure the police want to find her but just have nothing to go on at this point and without any evidence against the foster parents or anyone else they've got a major uphill battle trying to locate this lost little one.

I am at least hopeful that she will be found, sure would be nice to see that happen very soon.

I wish she would be found too. I wonder if LE ever did a search on the home or vehicles? I just wish the truth would come out.

Oct 2, 2006 10:10 PM EDT

North Las Vegas Police have started what they are calling, a "re-search " for missing two-and-a-half-year-old Everlyse Cabrera.

<snip>

North Las Vegas Police detectives spent Saturday back in the neighborhood of Camino El Norte and Centennial looking for Everlyse. They re-interviewed neighbors and also looked for clues as they came through the neighborhood, hoping to find something which has been overlooked.

They tried to talk with the foster family. The family talked to police when they reported the girl missing. Since June 10, the family has refused to talk with investigators
http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5480786&nav=menu102_2

I just wonder why the foster family is not cooperating. If they cared enough to foster a child they should care enough to do whatever they can within their power to try and find her.

My suspicions on them are definitely out there. I would answer the same questions hundreds of times over to help find this child even if it was annoying to me-what's a little annoyance compared to the life of a two year old. You want to search my house Officer, please come in. My car, go for it. My entire front and back yard, shed, anywhere-have a look.

It just breaks my heart all the missing people especially the ones like Everlyse who have already had a tough enough life being placed in foster care. I care even though I have never met her and I search every day for news.

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=5468007&nav=15MV

The parents of Everlyse have filed a lawsuit against the county, several county employees, and the foster family placed in charge of her care. I can't say I don't blame them.

I just wonder what the detectives on this case have at this point-they seem to have exhuasted all of their leads. I just hope somebody remembers something and calls with a fresh tip.

Gmommy said:
http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=5468007&nav=15MV

The parents of Everlyse have filed a lawsuit against the county, several county employees, and the foster family placed in charge of her care. I can't say I don't blame them.

I just wonder what the detectives on this case have at this point-they seem to have exhuasted all of their leads. I just hope somebody remembers something and calls with a fresh tip.

Maybe they should look a little harder at those foster parents and their two sons. Something happened to that little girl and it is doubtful that she just walked out the door and disappeared. I wonder if the foster parents are covering for one of the sons. I wonder if the baby was a whinny baby and someone got tired of listening to her whine or cry. The house they are living in belongs to their older son. Maybe he didn't appreciate his family moving in with him and then taking a foster child. Sounds like he was used to having his home to himself and then here come four extra people. I just wonder if someone wasn't trying to make the baby stop crying or fussing and they got carried away but aren't about to admit it now.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5786470

No news really , Everlyse Cabrera was just mentioned in an article titled: Delay in Reports Critical of Foster Child Agency-link above. She still hasn't been found and as far as I know there really hasn't been new news about her.

Anybody in Nevada hear anything regarding Everlyse?

I just did a quick web search and it appears that sadly, there is nothing new.

Okay, after reading this thread a bunch of thoughts

It is rediculous to think that any adult would find a 2 year old missing in the morning and wait 4 hours to call the police. Did they think the 2 year old went to the store to get the morning paper? How does a 2 year old drag a chair over to the door, open a dead bolt and leave in the middle of the night without waking anyone up? It seems to me this activity would be pretty noisy if executed by a toddler. Just in case I thought this scenerio was a possiblity the foster parents refusal to cooperate seals it for me. I believe they know what happened to this poor child. If a child of mine or in my care dissapeared it would become my life mission to locate that child. There would be no such thing as my convience or discomfort with the task. In fact it would not be a task at all; but, it would be my driving force for living. Sorry I don't buy this story one bit.

mjak

mjak said:
If a child of mine or in my care dissapeared it would become my life mission to locate that child. There would be no such thing as my convience or discomfort with the task. In fact it would not be a task at all; but, it would be my driving force for living.
I couldn't have said this better myself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back