Random Thoughts and Discussion Ideas#5 About the Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember someone posted that it takes tons of time to get this discovery together. It seems like the interviews and evidence we get in each dump is dated about 2 months before the release date. The DP was brought on only a few weeks ago meaning if the discovery does have to be released in a timely fashion, maybe we won't see this damning evidence that convinced them to go for the DP until a month or two?

I remember someone posted that it takes tons of time to get this discovery together. It seems like the interviews and evidence we get in each dump is dated about 2 months before the release date. The DP was brought on only a few weeks ago meaning if the discovery does have to be released in a timely fashion, maybe we won't see this damning evidence that convinced them to go for the DP until a month or two?

You may be right. Or possibly they might hold it longer. I could even believe they don't really have a real "bombshell" pending. I think once they found the body, wrapped with duct tape, and with items that tie directly to the Anthony home...I think they felt they had their "gal". She didn't fess up once the body was found. Despite the fact that she didn't need to "protect" anyone anymore - which is what she said was her excuse for not talking. She just refuses to talk and is as cold as ice. No Screaming for justice for Caylee - screaming to find the real killer. She just smuggly refuses to talk or help at all. IMO - that sure would support a pre-meditated cold-blooded murder of this little girl. Not an accident.

Please see the LIBS data in this FBI forensics report, starts page 23 in the following link:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-anthony-documents-102408,0,5346622.htmlpage

This analysis on the trunk carpet was released Oct. 2008 along with the odor analysis. I think it is regarding the stain in the trunk. It was consistent with decomp material. Science was never my best subject so I could be wrong but it's worth a look.
I think this is the doc that says chloroform cannot be made with household ingredients?
I think it also showed data charts from the air analysis from car trunk.

I think!

I think this is the doc that says chloroform cannot be made with household ingredients?
I think it also showed data charts from their air analysis from car trunk.

I think!

It is confusing isn't it? LOL. I think Dear Prudence was right as well...that this stated that the preliminary results show that the trunk carpet was consistent with a decomp event. It did seem to state that this was a preliminary result and that further tests were going to be conducted. At least that was my reading of it! :crazy:

Grrrr....my post was wasted when they merged the threads. I will try again.

I think we should remind ourselves first that the state is not trying to satisfy our curiosity. I know I was disappointed by the lack of fresh information, but then I reminded myself this is not about me. :no:

Baez had to be disappointed with the information, IMHO. This was the Cain Dump, the final chapter in the find-the-body saga, and it pretty much closed any chances that he can get away with a "body was dumped after August" story. LE was very careful in these interviews to pinpoint just where people looked :bullseye:, and while they were close no one was close enough. Go back and look at the February evidence photos just to see how hard it was to locate the bag in that brush. :sleuth:

On top of that Kronk swears on a stack of Orange County regulations he saw the bag in August :crossfingers:. Only problem is Cain did not care :mad:. Much OCSO internal investigation pretty much showed he was lazy and incompetent :weaklink:. What can Baez really do with that? Embarrass him further? :blushing: Sure, but nothing about Cain will allow him to show the body was not there.

Take some comfort in the following. In the warrant for the December 19 search of the Anthony abode, there is mention that the FBI latent prints unit noticed some sort of residue on the duct tape in the perfect shape of a heart, prompting a search for the heart stickers. This was reported to OCSO via telephone, not email or via report. We have seen reports come back from the FBI that say no pieces or fragments of a sticker were found on the tape, but nothing about this residue or whatever it was that formed the heart shape.

We have not seen reports on analysis of the stain in the trunk, particularly the VFA analysis. That was collected some time ago. If the reports were in the hands of OCSO or the SA, they would have to go to Baez. However, if the FBI is sitting on them, it makes them a little harder for Baez to get. OCSO, however, can just pick up the phone to discuss the findings. :whistle:

This could explain Baez's frushtration in receiving information from the FBI and his bumbling :tipsy: attempts at getting it. The stuff he is getting isn't really nailing his client to the wall. Yet the SA is raising the stakes and he knows stuff is missing. Seems to me it has turned into a bit of a game of poker, and SA is waiting as long as the system will allow before they show their cards. In the meantime they are probably hoping for a deal :deal:.

Do they have a straight flush or a pair of deuces? :waitasec:

Yes I am disappointed too. UNfortunately, the evidence "we are seeing" is not enough IMO to connect KC to Caylees murder even though we know she did it. Now we hear oh chloroform is natural when there is a decomposed body. Oh the defense loves that bombshell. Add in they didnt find the body soon enough cause of stupid mistakes. and the prosecution has a HUGE problem here.
I will repeat what I said before on here, IF this was not on tv every day for months, she would NOT have this dream team. Now that she does have the team they will argue and confuse jurors just like in the OJ case.
It stinks.
Think about it.

It is hard to not be disappointed at the new documents.. But I still think the prosecution is holding on to their clincher until the very last minute. No way will they give the defence time to get out of that one.

Lets face it, before we heard of Casey Anthony how many of us did a search for chloroform or neck breaking on our computers? Any of us? No not likely.

Grrrr....my post was wasted when they merged the threads. I will try again.

I think we should remind ourselves first that the state is not trying to satisfy our curiosity. I know I was disappointed by the lack of fresh information, but then I reminded myself this is not about me. :no:

Baez had to be disappointed with the information, IMHO. This was the Cain Dump, the final chapter in the find-the-body saga, and it pretty much closed any chances that he can get away with a "body was dumped after August" story. LE was very careful in these interviews to pinpoint just where people looked :bullseye:, and while they were close no one was close enough. Go back and look at the February evidence photos just to see how hard it was to locate the bag in that brush. :sleuth:

On top of that Kronk swears on a stack of Orange County regulations he saw the bag in August :crossfingers:. Only problem is Cain did not care :mad:. Much OCSO internal investigation pretty much showed he was lazy and incompetent :weaklink:. What can Baez really do with that? Embarrass him further? :blushing: Sure, but nothing about Cain will allow him to show the body was not there.

Take some comfort in the following. In the warrant for the December 19 search of the Anthony abode, there is mention that the FBI latent prints unit noticed some sort of residue on the duct tape in the perfect shape of a heart, prompting a search for the heart stickers. This was reported to OCSO via telephone, not email or via report. We have seen reports come back from the FBI that say no pieces or fragments of a sticker were found on the tape, but nothing about this residue or whatever it was that formed the heart shape.

We have not seen reports on analysis of the stain in the trunk, particularly the VFA analysis. That was collected some time ago. If the reports were in the hands of OCSO or the SA, they would have to go to Baez. However, if the FBI is sitting on them, it makes them a little harder for Baez to get. OCSO, however, can just pick up the phone to discuss the findings. :whistle:

This could explain Baez's frushtration in receiving information from the FBI and his bumbling :tipsy: attempts at getting it. The stuff he is getting isn't really nailing his client to the wall. Yet the SA is raising the stakes and he knows stuff is missing. Seems to me it has turned into a bit of a game of poker, and SA is waiting as long as the system will allow before they show their cards. In the meantime they are probably hoping for a deal :deal:.

Do they have a straight flush or a pair of deuces? :waitasec:

I have been feeling quite discouraged over this latest dump. Circumstantial evidence is great, but having some good pysical evident is even better. I hope you are right that they are holding back some good info.

I wonder how the body language experts would interpret the photos of Casey taken during the time from mid June to mid July? If there was no name with her photo, you can be certain they would say this woman looks to be glowing, in love, or a perfect example of a very happy woman having a fun time.. Any woman watching her would say I'll have what she had. ( From when Harry Met Sally)

I agree with JWG, the prosecution is not going to show its trump card so far out from the trial. What I think they are doing is selecting the documents they want dumped at regular intervals, just enough to keep Baez feeling confident that he can get Casey off. No way that will happen.

if the legal minds here are correct it'll be two long years before this goes to trial. although i'm disappointed that we don't have something new to discuss, given the time scale involved i think we'll have to get used to days like this and learn not to become anxious b/c of them. just b/c we're not being shown what we'd like to see in no way means that it doesn't exist. at this point i'm willing to take a little on faith.

JWG, thank you for your post above.

I too feel as you do. I think some people have expectations that are too high regarding the doc dumps. I see much anger or disappointment at the FBI/LE/SAO's because curiosity as well as personal theories are not validated in these doc dumps.

I too feel that anger sometimes and when I do I close my browser and walk away. But I would rather have any LE/SAO who read this forum along with everyone else in cyberspace, read the positive support posts. Read the synopsis WS's have created using doc dumps to follow KC's daily activities. I certainly don't want to encourage the defense by posting negative comments about LE/SAO.

I have firmly believed from the day this story broke on the news, that all the A's are involved in the murder/disposal and coverup of Caylee. I firmly believe that LE/SAO will do their duty to bring justice to Caylee and a guilty verdict to KC and charge the A's and anyone else involved in hindering the investigation and trial.

Of course, these are my personal thoughts.

It is hard not to get your hopes up that each document dump will result in a bombshell - a true "AHA!" moment. That just isn't going to be the case. I think it is clear though that LE is being very methodical and going through every potential piece of evidence in this case. They will release what they want when they want. As much as we might want or wish for more...it may be that we don't get all that we hope for. As I stated before...I am confident with what I know so far. All I see is evidence that points toward Casey - and I see nothing at all that provides any form of reasonable doubt. JMO

All I can keep thinking is this is a marathon NOT a sprint. I kind of like how the SA is releasing things, I can see some methodology behind it. It appears they are getting all the nonsense out of the way and throwing in something damning every now and then(from previous dumps, not this one) I think this dump is to get JB bobbing and weaving before he gets the one, two punch next time...just wait. JMO

Another thing to consider: at least 232 items have been submitted to the FBI for testing, many for multiple tests. We have seen results on 80 of those items in the document dumps, and not all of the test results are back for even those items.

Of course I am ignoring the investigative work OCSO is and has done - it is hard to even speculate what they have done.

We have a long way to go, baby.

Lets not forget where Scott Peterson is right now...and remember what evidence the State had to get him convicted. I was pretty bummed earlier today from this doc dump, but then I thought about things, reread older docs and read what other posters wrote, and it gave me hope that there has to be damning evidence coming down the pike. Don't lose hope fellow WSers! As MDMommy said, "its a marathon, not a sprint".

All I can keep thinking is this is a marathon NOT a sprint. I kind of like how the SA is releasing things, I can see some methodology behind it. It appears they are getting all the nonsense out of the way and throwing in something damning every now and then(from previous dumps, not this one) I think this dump is to get JB bobbing and weaving before he gets the one, two punch next time...just wait. JMO

I'm with you on this one MD Mommy. I think the SAO is being very methodical in releasing the docs to get JB all excited and running his mouth. I'm confident he will be holding a news conference or at least giving interviews on Monday, gloating and grinning from ear to ear, blah, blah, blah. Then perhaps on Wednesday there will be another doc dump that will knock the stuffing right out of JB. I'm hoping this is the case anyway...set him up to knock him down:clap:

Lets not forget where Scott Peterson is right now...and remember what evidence the State had to get him convicted. I was pretty bummed earlier today from this doc dump, but then I thought about things, reread older docs and read what other posters wrote, and it gave me hope that there has to be damning evidence coming down the pike. Don't lose hope fellow WSers! As MDMommy said, "its a marathon, not a sprint".

I'm the person where it takes A LOT for me to be convinced that someone is guilty when there is no confession or eye witness..especially in family cases b/c it's such a hard thing to imagine (altho it does happen). Unlike the majority, I'm not 100% sure SP is guilty of 1st degree murder and I still feel that an intruder killed JBR and not one of her parents. However based on all the evidence I've seen or heard (even if it is mostly circumstantial) I am totally convinced KC killed Caylee. So I'm hoping other jurors who usually need a lot of convincing will see the same!

I am still waiting to hear the results of the tests on the chewing gum found at the scene. I believe there was more than one piece found. I am so hoping it was KC's gum.

I think she despises her parents and blames them for her being in jail. If she's not flat out pointing to one or both of them as the murderer, she's probably saying their treatment of her caused her to do it. Nothing is her fault! I think JB is encouraging her every step of the way. The only reason he told her to turn around and say hello in court was for appearance sake. They may be trying to communicate with her but I don't think she cares what they have to say unless it's a confession. They can continue to waste their breath trying to defend her and paint her as the perfect mommy but they're wasting their breath.

ITA. KC made her feelings about her parents very clear when she made JB read a statement from her denouncing her parents for ignoring her wishes by cremating Caylee's remains and staging a public memorial -- which she refused to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow