FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see the photos that Ccane posted of the Chesser Is landfill?
Do you see that big semi? That is what they normally do. On an ordinary day they collect garbage dropped off from various trucks that went out on a route and then transfer that pile onto tractor trailers. There is no way in that system to keep loads together.

But, I look at the photos. Nine were assigned the herculean task of going through this. They have a yellow tape out and everything. See those six officers? Do you think they just had the bad luck of catching them just standing around in a circle at that particular moment but if you'd flown over 10 minutes earlier or later that you would have seen them wading around through that trash heap. You know, I very much doubt that, just judging by how they are dressed. No waders, no coveralls. I think it was being quarentined off, but not the kind of search necessary to find much of anything THERE.

OK. I'll admit it. It's late and really I have to go to bed because I have work in the AM. What are you saying here?

And you originally posted about the jr high dumpster for a spot to put her into. Now that some posters clarified that stuff could have been put on top of her, yeah, that seems like a really good spot, doesn't it?

O/T
I have had computer problems all day, even after the virus clean-up last week. Now all of my information is out of skew.
I have to click on avatars to get them to show up, the formatting is waay out of whack, and nothing looks the same except for the posts. But...after I posted just now, everything on that page went back to normal. When I went back a page, it's all messed up again.
I thought maybe something on here had been changed, so I waited until I caught up, but since no one else said anything, I know it's just me.
Any suggestions from you gurus?

O/T
I have had computer problems all day, even after the virus clean-up last week. Now all of my information is out of skew.
I have to click on avatars to get them to show up, the formatting is waay out of whack, and nothing looks the same except for the posts. But...after I posted just now, everything on that page went back to normal. When I went back a page, it's all messed up again.
I thought maybe something on here had been changed, so I waited until I caught up, but since no one else said anything, I know it's just me.
Any suggestions from you gurus?

Paris is gonna say "buy a mac" lol

I having been reading along a bit tonight and the posts regarding DT and her being afraid
of PC. I dont think this women is afraid of anything
She mimics the words and ideas of others and looks for sympathy from people she believes will be taken in by her stories
If they had said they thought Somer got hit by a bus she would have went with that theme
Remember when Casey A Mom said "who took her" when Lee was asking Casey what happen and the mom was listening in. As soon as she said that Casey got her idea
This is how they operate.. just make it up as they go along
I bet she told every boy friend she every had the last one treated her badly

She is a manipulator

There have been several ruses thrown out in this case - CWG, WLK, glass & construction debris, soot, stated timelines, meeting @ home for lunch, leaving work @ 4ish, etc., and each and every one of them are as convenient as a nearby dumpster.

Anyone can say anything - and until they're disproved, then what has been said stands as fact, doesn't it?

Innocent until proven guilty...

Did anyone ever notice a neighbour of DT's with the same last name as her first husband?

ETA: They live about 8 doors up from DT. (initals: BL)

OK. I'll admit it. It's late and really I have to go to bed because I have work in the AM. What are you saying here?

And you originally posted about the jr high dumpster for a spot to put her into. Now that some posters clarified that stuff could have been put on top of her, yeah, that seems like a really good spot, doesn't it?

In reference to CCanes landfill photos, I was adding it to what I consider to be insurmountable evidence that S was not found at Chesser Is. The flyover shot is Wed. They found her around 3pm or so. Does that look from the photos that could be remotely possible?

Add to that, all of the statements by LE of looking on the front end not the back (which would be that several thousand tons of refuse pictured), their islolating and searching as they went, that she was found in the dumpster. I read accounts as early as Wed night saying things about the broken glass and construction debris rumors. If there is anything to them or any others, I suspect they apply to the scene of how she was discovered in a particular dumpster. That would account for finding fresh evidence along with her. A feat virtually impossible in the scenes from Chesser Is.

As for OPJH, I google mapped a path down Gano headed away from the path I normally do on there. When I got to the school, I went down that long drive and got the shudders when I saw the dumpsters there. I did a 360* look around to see what is surrounding the area. Nothing, that I could see. I started that search based on statements made by the neighbor on Horton.
It may not be THE dumpster there, but along with the OPAA one, some pretty possible locations. Right? Either would throw the suspicions to a lot of different scenarios of OTHER perps.

...and right now, she'd be right! LOL Thanks, Tara.

Well I should have mentioned she's ALWAYS making me wish I had one....neither of my computers (NOT macs LOL) haven't been running smooth lately either. Tho your problems seem bigger than mine....remember that old saying "a problem shared is a problem halved" :) know I DO feel your pain.

OK, Hubby said to close my Firefox, reopen this forum. Now it's all OK again. I dunno.
Instead of the icons (like quote, multiquote, Thanks, and avatars, I had words telling me what they did.
All I had to do was move my mouse over it-not click anything, just move my mouse over it, and it all went back to normal.
Weird. Gee. I guess next time I'll know. Thanks. Sorry I bothered you all.

Somer Thompson: FBI hunts for clues in Georgia landfill

[snipped...] When FBI agent Larry Meyer heard that police found Somer Thompson’s body in a Georgia landfill last week, he mobilized a group of co-workers whose gruesome, painstaking work may reveal her killer.

Some were gun-toting agents who regularly hunt criminals on the streets of North Florida. Others included FBI support staff whose full-time jobs entail photography and data analysis.

They are all part of the Jacksonville-based FBI Evidence Response Team, a highly trained group of forensics-fascinated folk who could run circles around any CSI television star, though it’ll take more than an hour.

The team put their game faces on when they got to the Folkston landfill, focusing on finding even the smallest clue that could solve the case. It was only days later that some felt the emotional drain of recovering the body of the 7-year-old Orange Park girl.

Alex Silverstein felt it on his first day off.

“I probably hugged and kissed my kids more in that one day than I have probably in a month,” said Silverstein, 39, a 13-year agent and father of two.

Angela Hill felt it when she set eyes on her infant son. While Silverstein is a veteran of body recoveries, having worked as part of a team at the Pentagon after 9/11, this was Hill’s first.

“It’s not an easy thing to do, knowing it’s an innocent child,” said Hill, 30, an agent for 3 1/2 years. “But it’s for a greater purpose: To find evidence; to get some answers.”

The 16-person team seeks those answers through everything from taking crime scene photographs to lifting fingerprints. Their arsenal includes special lighting that spots invisible bodily fluids; a kit that lifts dust prints from a surface using an electromagnetic charge; and a machine that can vacuum human scent that is then tracked by bloodhounds.

They have a stocked equipment van and a high-tech command center vehicle. They also have a pipeline into the FBI’s state-of-the-art laboratory in Quantico, Va., where some of the evidence collected in Somer’s case is being analyzed.

But it’s the people on the team and their drive to help solve cases that make the biggest difference, said Meyer, the senior team leader and a 23-year agent.

“There’s a motivation to do more than the regular job,” said Meyer, 50.

(more at link)

OK, Hubby said to close my Firefox, reopen this forum. Now it's all OK again. I dunno.
Instead of the icons (like quote, multiquote, Thanks, and avatars, I had words telling me what they did.
All I had to do was move my mouse over it-not click anything, just move my mouse over it, and it all went back to normal.
Weird. Gee. I guess next time I'll know. Thanks. Sorry I bothered you all.

You're no bother doggies.

Besides, I was about as helpful as a pssssst to a deaf man.....lol.....
ba dumbum.

(already using my new material HAHAHA - a shout out & BIG thanks amytlake )

There's an interesting comment - partly directed to the fbi & sherrif, under the story at the link i just added a few up posts above:

What was the cause of death?
Submitted by Gadfly on Fri. 10/30/2009 at 2:15 pm

FBI,

If it was a rape/murder, why not say so? Don't the people have a right to know if there is a monster on the loose!?

Since the Sheriff won't clear the family members/friends of this crime then Gadfly (reading between the lines) can only conclude it was not done by a stranger.

Sheriff and FBI thanks for ruining the little kids Holloween. What is the next goal, to milk the case until you can get a reality show out of this?

If the Sheriff and FBI are still clueless on the cause of death the people need to demand they get replaced immediatley with real experts.

Gadfly knows a lot of people are thinking the same thing but are afraid to speak out for fear of the FBI and the Sheriff abusing their power to punish those who criticize them.

Their image is more important than finding the real killer.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

There's an interesting comment - partly directed to the fbi & sherrif, under the story at the link i just added a few up posts above:

What was the cause of death?
Submitted by Gadfly on Fri. 10/30/2009 at 2:15 pm

FBI,

If it was a rape/murder, why not say so? Don't the people have a right to know if there is a monster on the loose!?

Since the Sheriff won't clear the family members/friends of this crime then Gadfly (reading between the lines) can only conclude it was not done by a stranger.

Sheriff and FBI thanks for ruining the little kids Holloween. What is the next goal, to milk the case until you can get a reality show out of this?

If the Sheriff and FBI are still clueless on the cause of death the people need to demand they get replaced immediatley with real experts.

Gadfly knows a lot of people are thinking the same thing but are afraid to speak out for fear of the FBI and the Sheriff abusing their power to punish those who criticize them.

Their image is more important than finding the real killer.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Gadfly - just on the off-chance that you're reading this here - yes, the people do have the right to know if there is a "monster" on the loose. Which is why Sheriff Beseler gave the presser saying as much, (when he referred to a "child killer").

Do the people have the right to know if it was a "rape/murder" - no. That information falls within the purview of LE - and should they feel it necessary to withhold that information in order to protect the integrity of this investigation, then I will defer to their training so that the killer can be brought to justice.

Halloween is the least of anyone's concerns.

In terms of LE clearing family members/friends, well, your guess is as good as mine... Was the victim murdered by a family member/friend? By a stranger? IDK.

Is the CCSO pursuing this case with a political agenda - again, IDK. It's possible. But with the FBI breathing down their necks - not likely. This is a high-profile murder - every agency involved wants to perform & deliver. They know they are in the spotlight. Not to mention there are many dedicated, caring, well-trained officers working this case.

Is liberalism a "mental disorder" as you stated? I truly doubt it - unless keeping an open mind and wanting to look at all possible avenues is considered a "mental disorder".

In reference to CCanes landfill photos, I was adding it to what I consider to be insurmountable evidence that S was not found at Chesser Is. The flyover shot is Wed. They found her around 3pm or so. Does that look from the photos that could be remotely possible?

Add to that, all of the statements by LE of looking on the front end not the back (which would be that several thousand tons of refuse pictured), their islolating and searching as they went, that she was found in the dumpster. I read accounts as early as Wed night saying things about the broken glass and construction debris rumors. If there is anything to them or any others, I suspect they apply to the scene of how she was discovered in a particular dumpster. That would account for finding fresh evidence along with her. A feat virtually impossible in the scenes from Chesser Is.

As for OPJH, I google mapped a path down Gano headed away from the path I normally do on there. When I got to the school, I went down that long drive and got the shudders when I saw the dumpsters there. I did a 360* look around to see what is surrounding the area. Nothing, that I could see. I started that search based on statements made by the neighbor on Horton.
It may not be THE dumpster there, but along with the OPAA one, some pretty possible locations. Right? Either would throw the suspicions to a lot of different scenarios of OTHER perps.

Stayed up and talked to hubby. Very interesting post.

I don't think OPAA dumpster as it was a command post. Pretty tough to do it there.

Jr high would have to be late at night as I am sure custodians work late as they do at schools where I am. Don't know how late, but later than 5 PM when LE was on the scene at the home. So that means a different perp for sure.

The dump is a real mystery. Why in the heck are they following the dump trucks? They had so many people on board, you'd think they would have enough to check each one as each can is dumped or as each dumpster is dumped. There's only 9,000 people in OP if IIRC, so fewer households than that.

Having the garbage mixed in the semi makes no sense.

So what do you think LE is doing at the dump?

I don't think OPAA dumpster as it was a command post. Pretty tough to do it there.

Jr high would have to be late at night as I am sure custodians work late as they do at schools where I am. Don't know how late, but later than 5 PM when LE was on the scene at the home. So that means a different perp for sure.

The dump is a real mystery. Why in the heck are they following the dump trucks? They had so many people on board, you'd think they would have enough to check each one as each can is dumped or as each dumpster is dumped. There's only 9,000 people in OP if IIRC, so fewer households than that.

If each dump truck is being followed by LE, wouldn't they know which order each is unloaded onto the semi and in which order it all comes out? Surely all that organization makes it easier than just searching for a needle in a haystack. Maybe they just didn't want to search each individual dumpster and wanted it all put into one place thinking that the forensics on the body would tell enough.

Keeping the media and the public preoccupied and distracted away from where the real investigation was ongoing. When reading Tara's post above from FBI/LE, if I substitute 'dumpster' for 'landfill' or maybe that OTHER landfill, it makes a whole lot more sense. There is no isolating of trash from those trucks as you can see in the photos. And remember this would be WEDNESDAY'S trash pick up routes being dumped in the photos. Not Tuesdays. I am interested in hearing you and your husbands brainstorming on this.

Doesn't that depend WHAT TIME command post was set up? Surely it wasn't set-up from the very minute she went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedWriter