Blonde girl in two piece yellow swim suit

The "bruise" on her leg is consistent with the shape of toned muscle. That is the bottom of a muscle right there - I think it is just a shadow.

I was trying to fix it so I could see it better. It's a shame the photo hanging on the wall isn't more clear.
kz3dqc-kz3dsq00582.jpg

I agree this isn't the same apartment from the other photos, and by the holes in the shades, it looks like it might have been a bright, sunny day. Could be that he met this girl down at the pool and she let him come up to her apartment to smoke some pot or something. We may need to look for a woman who was murdered in her own apartment.

Since the 2 bottles in the background seem to be of the same shape, size, color I was thinking they might be salt/pepper shakers. They REALLY look like salt/pepper shakers in the negative punklove posted.

Since the 2 bottles in the background seem to be of the same shape, size, color I was thinking they might be salt/pepper shakers. They REALLY look like salt/pepper shakers in the negative punklove posted.

They'd be really large for salt/pepper shakers. Pepper mills were not common in the 70's.

I thought they looked like a pair of ceramic candleholders. The foil wrapped around the bottom of one is probably to keep the wax from falling on the furniture.

Something I have just noticed is there is another picture of another girl that shows a bookcase that goes all the way to the ceiling, like we have in this picture. A bookcase that tall is unusual and I would tend to believe they were taken in the same apartment. It is not the same bookcase, it would have to be on an opposite wall.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/photogalleries/localnews2011323273/97.html

I just have to say great job to Donjeta for putting this girl as a possible for Debra Kidwell. I think they look alot like and I bet this turns out to be a match. Personally, I think that this is the abdominal scar too that is described in Debra's info. Another thing that was key for me was the way each girl wears their ponytails pulled to the front.

Question - Does LE ever let anyone know if this was a match?

On a side note, I feel so bad for these girls, especially this one, it's like she vanished into thin air. I wonder does she still have any family looking for her.

Here is a better, uncropped pic of Debra -

image.aspx

Sure do wish we had just one more of Debra to compare with this girl.

this match looks soooo close, I would be so surprised if it's not. :(

I sure do wish we could know if this is really Debra Kidwell. Say it is a match, would The Charley project take her case down from their site, or post and update that the case is solved? I was just thinking that might be the only way we could find out.

I sure do wish we could know if this is really Debra Kidwell. Say it is a match, would The Charley project take her case down from their site, or post and update that the case is solved? I was just thinking that might be the only way we could find out.

I doubt it -- it would mean they know she was alive for some time after she left home, but she's still missing.

You bring up a good point. Some of these women may well NEVER be identified because some of these pictures are over 40 years old and if, let's say they were not from a big family and had no siblings and only a few friends.....all those people who could identify the person might well be passed away themselves.

IMO, it is a crying shame that LE kept these pictures, and the jewelry under wraps all these years! Can you imagine how you'd feel, looking and hoping for word on a missing loved one only to find out that 40 years later, LE had pictures of them that they got from a rapist and murderer! Knowing that there are probably more pictures of other people that they cannot show us because of the nature of the picture, if I had a relative missing from that time period I would DEMAND to see those pictures to make sure she wasn't in one of them.

I don't see any bruises and there are several other pictures of this girl at the same time, some with an unknown man, and it appears to be a party or gathering of some type.

Txstrace could you be so kind as to link us to the other photographs you saw this woman in? TIA

You bring up a good point. Some of these women may well NEVER be identified because some of these pictures are over 40 years old and if, let's say they were not from a big family and had no siblings and only a few friends.....all those people who could identify the person might well be passed away themselves.

IMO, it is a crying shame that LE kept these pictures, and the jewelry under wraps all these years! Can you imagine how you'd feel, looking and hoping for word on a missing loved one only to find out that 40 years later, LE had pictures of them that they got from a rapist and murderer! Knowing that there are probably more pictures of other people that they cannot show us because of the nature of the picture, if I had a relative missing from that time period I would DEMAND to see those pictures to make sure she wasn't in one of them.

Its really heartbreaking they didnt release these photos years ago.

When I think about all the heartache the families must have faced not knowing where their loved ones were it is only made worse by the fact that the police found these photos and obviously felt quite strongly that at least some of the people within the photos were victims but really didnt do anything with the info they had.

Im not saying that they needed to release the photos to the public but couldnt they have at least notified families of missing people and let them know what was going on? Its not like they would have to notify the entire US, they could have notified people only in the states they know he lived in - perhaps even states directly connected to where he lived as well?

http://www.charleyproject.org/chron/1970s.html

Thats a listing of missing people from the 70s - maybe Im making things to simple but couldnt they have taken all the photos they found as well as the jewelry, sorted the photos by sex and then put out a notice for the families that they could look through the photos to see if their missing family member was in there? They could say that the photos were much too graphic to show the families but Im certain the 40 years of having no idea if the person you love is dead or alive or hurt or hungry is most certainly worse.

It would have cost nearly no money and seriously if there was even a .0001% chance they could have put a name to the photo it would be worth it.

The idea that someones mother/sister/father/relative DIED without having a clue what happened to the person they loved is just evil. To think that they must have spend 40 YEARS in turmoil is awful - think about it, someone you love is gone - can you go on a vacation without wondering if you will miss that person coming home? can you change your phone number or move house without fearing that they will reach out? Even after 40 years Im sure the families still jump when the phone rings or someone rings the doorbell.

Knowing a family member has been killed is a bad thing, but not knowing is nearly as bad. Had they known that their loved one was dead they could have at least worked on the process of healing, instead of forever being tormented by the idea of what happened.

Just as sad is the thought that some of these people were never missed, never looked for, the kind of "throw away" person Alcala was probably always looking for. How horribly sad.

Just as sad is the thought that some of these people were never missed, never looked for, the kind of "throw away" person Alcala was probably always looking for. How horribly sad.

Thats something that I find impossible to wrap my mind around - how is it possible that someone would have nobodythat cared enough to look for them?

I wonder how many people Alcala killed that we dont know about, its quite shocking.

On this photo I hesitate to be certain about much. The lighting seems odd. I do see red streaks on her abdomen, but that's all I feel safe ascribing to something other than the lighting. I think that the original negative or print is of poor quality.
If you look at the lampshade, there's 4 or 5 red blotches on it that I can't figure out what they are. Other bulbs inside the shade? Some defect in the negative or printing? Artifact caused by internal reflections in the lens. Makes me reluctant to be sure about anything else in this one.

I wonder if that lampshade is so askew because the lamp was knocked over and hastily re-erected. And that crazy bulb hanging right out from under it? Is that by design or is something broken?

Definitely doesn't look like the expression of someone who is having a great time.
blndbkni1b.jpg

I'd say there's at least one streak of blood in there with the hair strands and shadows of hair strands, but since I'm the first one to see it let me guess I'll be the only one to see it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back