TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another local benefit

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979481106

After two months community support seems to be pretty strong. thats a good sign IMHO because even with the lack of news outside of the area, it shows that in Holly's town people do keep her case and situation up front.

While its a Gather article is does report about an actual event.

Motorcycle benefit ride this Saturday..can only find 2 articles about it posted below..

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979481106

and

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/helping-holly-run-motorcycle-ride-auction-for-missing-tn-nursing-student

the article above also posts a timeline of events for the day.

Will Nunley got all the info on it, and his station, WBBJ, published an article about it on June 13 on WBBJ.

Both of those pay-for-clicks blogs, Examiner and Gather, likely took the info from him and the WBBJ article. Ya know - so they could get more clicks and get more $$$ off this victim.

Here's the news article about the event:

Holly Bobo Benefit Ride
Story Created: Jun 13, 2011 at 12:24 PM CDT
Story Updated: Jun 13, 2011 at 12:24 PM CDT
http://www.wbbjtv.com/community/community-calendar/123757009.html

Both of those pay-for-clicks blogs, Examiner and Gather, likely took the info from him and the WBBJ article. Ya know - so they could get more clicks and get more $$$ off this victim.

What does this mean??? I admit, I'm computer stupid as far as this goes. I did not pay to read both articles, but are you saying that everytime you click on that article, the site receives money? Enlighten me someone please?

I think the following is an excellent site tho. It takes published news reports and videos, provides the links, and summarizes them for you in 2 week blocks. Summaries are NOT slanted, just the facts. Below is the block of June 1-15....Interesting, I did not know that TBI had focused on searching car washes..

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/holly-bobo-news-articles-videos-june-1-through-june-3-2011/

What does this mean??? I admit, I'm computer stupid as far as this goes. I did not pay to read both articles, but are you saying that everytime you click on that article, the site receives money? Enlighten me someone please?

I think the following is an excellent site tho. It takes published news reports and videos, provides the links, and summarizes them for you in 2 week blocks. Summaries are NOT slanted, just the facts. Below is the block of June 1-15....Interesting, I did not know that TBI had focused on searching car washes..

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/holly-bobo-news-articles-videos-june-1-through-june-3-2011/

Thanks for the link http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/holly-bobo-news-articles-videos-june-1-through-june-3-2011/ - this is really good! Just like you said - thanks!

Two things stood out in reading all that's there - 1) alibis all check out, 2)
being treated as a missing person's case, not a homicide.

So many times on true crime shows I've seen what appeared to be solid alibis turn out to be not so when it is friends or family members who are offering it.

Considering how tight-knit a community the area is, I would imagine many of the alibis are the result of families/friends of people in question - making things tricky for LE.

/

OMG! I am really out of the loop.

BEAN...is this YOUR website?? I went over to post an interview with Melanie Goulds brother about what happened when she went missing and say your post! Either way...it's a GREAT site! lol...i really have to get out more

Yes, that is BeanE's site...:)

Suppose Holly meets someone not her boyfriend and quickly falls deeply in love with him, or alternatively in the Manson followers mold falls in love but also is manipulated by a stronger personality. Either way, they decide the only thing to do is to runaway and start a new life. Being an Adult, all Holly has to do is leave a note explaining and ask not to be followed...and the family would have no legal recourse, but I can not understand how Holly would cause all of this pain for the family, as well as make very difficult to move around without being recognized. No way they could stay in TN and not be recognized by now. Also why stage the aduction. Risking getting yourself in real bad trouble when you have no ill intentions? Also this person would either have to be Local in some sense, or have met Holly online, either of which would have left a trail that would have lead LE to a second missing person. I just can't buy that this happened give the facts that we know.
So that leads me to believe the only posssiblity is that HB was aducted agiast her will. JMO.

On a different note, LE has the its investigation has been hampered by many false and irrelivant leads
(http://www.kait8.com/story/14834906/tbi-says-it-does-not-need-interference-in-search-for-holly-bobo)

, and yet we see

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979480295

Also does anyone else thing that picture looks alot like Holly's Dad? Maybe its a subliminal message?

Suppose Holly meets someone not her boyfriend and quickly falls deeply in love with him, or alternatively in the Manson followers mold falls in love but also is manipulated by a stronger personality. Either way, they decide the only thing to do is to runaway and start a new life. Being an Adult, all Holly has to do is leave a note explaining and ask not to be followed...and the family would have no legal recourse, but I can not understand how Holly would cause all of this pain for the family, as well as make very difficult to move around without being recognized. No way they could stay in TN and not be recognized by now. Also why stage the aduction. Risking getting yourself in real bad trouble when you have no ill intentions? Also this person would either have to be Local in some sense, or have met Holly online, either of which would have left a trail that would have lead LE to a second missing person. I just can't buy that this happened give the facts that we know.
So that leads me to believe the only posssiblity is that HB was aducted agiast her will. JMO.

On a different note, LE has the its investigation has been hampered by many false and irrelivant leads
(http://www.kait8.com/story/14834906/tbi-says-it-does-not-need-interference-in-search-for-holly-bobo)

, and yet we see

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979480295

Also does anyone else thing that picture looks alot like Holly's Dad? Maybe its a subliminal message?

IIRC TBI says HB is NOT a run away.

I had a theory relating HB to wanting to be a singer like her cousin, - so she runs off... but in light of TBI saying she is not a run away, then she she would have to have been lured away, or at least willing to meet someone long enough that morning to be abducted...

IIRC TBI says HB is NOT a run away.

I had a theory relating HB to wanting to be a singer like her cousin, - so she runs off... but in light of TBI saying she is not a run away, then she she would have to have been lured away, or at least willing to meet someone long enough that morning to be abducted...

I think it was a decent theory, I had thought about that also...in the interest of being thorough I was revisiting it. I just can't see how it works out.

I thought about the idea of her being lured away or having some sort of meeting with a stranger where he abducted her but it did not really mesh well with the few known details. I think its worth examining just because in general young girls do get mixed up with men they meet in various places and go willingly or unwillingly with them...

But in this case things that stood out to me:

Why leave the morning she had exams

Why not just leave... not walk off into the woods

Why dump stuff like the lunch bag

Blood and spilled drink was found at the home

She didnt take her car

I assume there has been no debit card activity since she vanished (not that has been reported)

Doesnt seem to be the type of person who would do it

LE said they felt she was in fear for her life and that has to be based on something

Immediate reaction by the family and LE is not what you would expect if it were someone Holly knew or went away with, etc.

In cases where girls do run off with guys they meet online, or if they are abducted by people they meet online, thats published news... you know they put out a BOLO for them saying they met online, where he is from or where they might be going...

I thought about the idea of her being lured away or having some sort of meeting with a stranger where he abducted her but it did not really mesh well with the few known details. I think its worth examining just because in general young girls do get mixed up with men they meet in various places and go willingly or unwillingly with them...

But in this case things that stood out to me:

Why leave the morning she had exams

Why not just leave... not walk off into the woods

Why dump stuff like the lunch bag

Blood and spilled drink was found at the home

She didnt take her car

I assume there has been no debit card activity since she vanished (not that has been reported)

Doesnt seem to be the type of person who would do it

LE said they felt she was in fear for her life and that has to be based on something

Immediate reaction by the family and LE is not what you would expect if it were someone Holly knew or went away with, etc.

In cases where girls do run off with guys they meet online, or if they are abducted by people they meet online, thats published news... you know they put out a BOLO for them saying they met online, where he is from or where they might be going...

Great points...I agree.

My opinions only, no facts here:

Well, I had my names in the Holly Bobo case after two weeks, but now this investigation is getting OLD and no officially reported progress regarding NAMES after months. I need a press conference from the investigators to rate my progress. Compare this case with the very recent Lauren Spierer case, where everything is being laid on the line and the parents are very actively involved. Beyond these superficial observations, I am not making even the slightest comparisons; the Lauren Spierer case has the general feel of the Morgan Harrington affair. What I call a "road trip" crime. The Holly Bobo case is decidedly different to me, and I am surprised that this case seems to be languishing. It is not as obtuse as it seems.

Has it been published anywhere if LE has investigated any particular patients she may have been treating at the time?

Do we know..

1. Was she still in classroom only or was she in clinicals in regards to where she was at in her schooling for LPN? I assume she had clinicals (working in hospitals etc) along with book/class work as an LPN usually gets right into clinicals since the amount of time in school is shorter than an RN.

2. If she was in clinicals..where? Was she doing her OB rotation? Med-Surg rotation? Or psychiatric rotation?

3. If she was in psych rotation...who were her patients? Have any been released? What were they in psych for? Any violence?

I'm an old nurse now (lol) but as a young nurse, particularly before you knew better, it was common to share things with you patient about your life. It built rapport. And patients, particularly mentally unstable ones, can easily fixate on you. I would think in a small town, it would be pretty easy. I can see Holly saying, "Oh yeah, y'know we live out on Swan Johnson, my mom works over at blah blah blah... Fixation on you when you're a nurse happens pretty regularly in my experience..happened to me more than once.

Florence Nightengale syndrome could be in play here...JMO

does anyone know if hospital associates/patients have been investigated and cleared?

Yes she was doing clinicals. Obviously for privacy reasons no invormation about anyone she may have had contact with has been disclosed.

She wasnt dressed for clinicals according to the LE info. Clinicals have very strict dress code, scrubs, uniform smock, hair up, white closed toe shoes etc. She was reportedly wearing jeans and flip flops. She certainly wouldnt be allowed in any clinical setting like that. Its more likely she had class on campus that day, especially since its reported she had a test.

Investigators take new approach to finding Holly Bobo

WSMV - Updated: Jun 22, 2011 7:19 PM EDT

- There's a new approach to how investigators are working to find Holly Bobo
fresh sets of eyes are looking at the case.

- a new group of authorities have been called in to help.

- This week the National Guard Armory is now the new headquarters for some extra investigators assigned to the case. According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, the agents were brought in from different parts of the state to see if things were missed, to re-interview people and to essentially put a fresh set of eyes on the facts.

- Channel 4 asked the TBI Wednesday about what exactly was found on the side of the road a few weeks back and who's blood was on a car in Holly's carport. A spokeswoman said they don't want to disclose too much information so that when they interview people, they won't confuse what they really know with what they have seen on television.

- And as for Holly's parents, friends around town say her dad still goes searching for their little girl every day.

- Some of Holly's relatives stopped by a print shop in Parsons on Wednesday that's printing flyers with Bobo's face. Her relatives were picking up maps of Decatur County. The thing that is hurting her parents the most are all the rumors floating around out there online and in their small town.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/14959680/...obo?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle