Caylee opening the sliding glass door photo

Average height of sliding glass door is 72 inces, Average height of Door frame is 80 inches.....I'm just posting this as I'm resarching.

I looked this up earlier and posted it on the thread about Cindy's testimony... Average height of a sliding glass door is 80", assuming the handle is roughly half way in between floor and top of door and approx 6" long, that would put the bottom of the handle somewhere around 37". Caylee's missing poster lists her as 3'1" or 37"...

http://www.ehow.com/facts_6954817_average-measurements-sliding-glass-door.html

My grandson turned 3 in March but he is the size of a 5yo. I'll post pics if anyone would like. And I think/know he could probably open that door.

Plus I have found 2 pics now where she wears a bonnet like that but not that exact one.

I looked this up earlier and posted it on the thread about Cindy's testimony... Average height of a sliding glass door is 80", assuming the handle is roughly half way in between floor and top of door and approx 6" long, that would put the bottom of the handle somewhere around 37". Caylee's missing poster lists her as 3'1" or 37"...

http://www.ehow.com/facts_6954817_average-measurements-sliding-glass-door.html
The door handle is not placed in the middle as a rule. It is placed at an accessible height, plus it depends on the height of the handle itself.(a shorter handle would be higher off the floor at the base for placement) The base of this handle is probably about 35-36" off the floor. The girl in this picture may actually be a bit shorter than the autopsy height for Caylee, but that would and could still make sense.

I actually considered calling Lowe's and asking them to measure the distance from the floor to handle of a couple of sliding glass doors... I'm thinking maybe that's a sign that I need to take a break from this case. :p

I understand that some people will want to distrust this pic as actually being Caylee since the DT has given us plenty of reason to distrust them, and the A's have shown they will go to any lengths to save KC. Having said that, I don't doubt that this is Caylee. There is another pic of her in a light green dress covered in cherries with a matching head wrap just like in the pic of her at the sliding glass door. In the cherry pic, she is looking straight at the camera. I would post but have just gotten a new computer and haven't figured it all out yet. I know I have seen it on google images, tho.

Reminds me of the time we saw "convenient" photos taken at malls by CA's detective and claimed it was Caylee.

The door handle is not placed in the middle as a rule. It is placed at an accessible height, plus it depends on the height of the handle itself.(a shorter handle would be higher off the floor at the base for placement) The base of this handle is probably about 35-36" off the floor. The girl in this picture may actually be a bit shorter than the autopsy height for Caylee, but that would and could still make sense.

That probably sounded less precise than I meant it to. I pulled 4 separate photos of similar doors (as far as I could see) and measured the handle position and height and adjusted for scale. They were all different, the 37" was the median of the the 4. Standard deviation was probably about 2". I can check for sure when I get back home, but it seems it's pretty consistent with her height.

cayleedoor-1.jpg

The image is VERY deceptive...but you can figure out the height:

You can't go by the door handle as they are not at a standard height. I have 2 sets of these doors and the handles are at different heights.

You can't go by the floor tile because it could be 12" or it could be 16".

The only thing in the photo that is standardized is the height of the plug cover on the wall beside her.

The plug cover is 4.5" tall.
Caylee is on her toes
Therefore in this image Caylee was 33 - 34" tall.
The average 3 year old girl is 33" tall.

At this point, I believe it is her.I just don't believe she "opened" the door, from a closed position.

I live in Orlando and had a pool put in in 2003. Florida's building code requires that if you have a pool every door that is accessible to the pool be child proofed with an alarm. Most insurance companies in Florida require that for an above ground pool as well.

Go to 3:58 - there is a hutch to the right of the patio door, but it doesn't look like the one in the alleged picture of Caylee opening the patio door.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JtfGDdTjE0&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony: Murder Trial Day 16 - 5/28/11 Part 8 (Cindy Anthony)‬‏[/ame]

I understand that some people will want to distrust this pic as actually being Caylee since the DT has given us plenty of reason to distrust them, and the A's have shown they will go to any lengths to save KC. Having said that, I don't doubt that this is Caylee. There is another pic of her in a light green dress covered in cherries with a matching head wrap just like in the pic of her at the sliding glass door. In the cherry pic, she is looking straight at the camera. I would post but have just gotten a new computer and haven't figured it all out yet. I know I have seen it on google images, tho.

Here's a link to the picture - she has longer hair than the girl in the patio door picture, and the dress is a different color completely.

http://dianefanning.blogspot.com/2011/03/casey-anthony-today-on-women-in-crime.html

I think it is her. I think it is possible that the door was left cracked and it is a picture of her trying to open it more, not that she necessarily opened it herself. Also, I have seen people say how heavy those doors are and how hard they are to open. That depends on how new it is, how well it is on the track and oiled/slicked (i.e. WD40).

I completely agree! Cindy herself testified that the door required an effort on Cindy's part to get open. I think this is definitely a photo of Caylee. If the entire height of the door were visible instead of being cut off just above her head, Caylee wouldn't appear all that tall.

She does look like she's attempting to open the door, whether she succeeded or not is anyone's guess. Maybe the door was left open just enough to let the dogs go out and she was trying to open it further? I think there are a lot of possibilities here besides "Caylee is opening the door."
:cow:

Take a look at this zoomed in shot of her hand.... am I crazy or does it seem like her hand is not even on the handle in this pic (doctored??)
ETA: How do I make this come out bigger???

That is exactly what my eyes zoomed in on, the arm is at an odd angle also. I think it could very well be photoshopped.

I think it is her, i can't imagine JA and co letting it through if there was ANY suspicion.

o/t but that guy singing 'girl, you'll be a woman soon" to Caylee on her Birthday makes me feel a little sick!

I have always said that - he creeps me out and she doesn't seem too crazy about him either. Who is he, does anyone know?

At this point, I believe it is her.I just don't believe she "opened" the door, from a closed position.

In her depo, Cindy mentioned that all doors to the outside remain locked all the time, and they go in and out through the garage door. I don't know if she was including this door to the outside.

I wonder why they weren't more diligent ... if Caylee could open (and unlock?) the door on her own at a young age and climb the ladder by herself. Alarms on that door or something that prevented it from being open by a child.

And why, when they could not find her, they looked under the beds and in closets and then went to the pool (the most dangerous place in the house IMO knowing that she could get outside and climb the ladder).

I believe this could be Caylee but I don't believe much else from the Anthonys.

That is exactly what my eyes zoomed in on, the arm is at an odd angle also. I think it could very well be photoshopped.

The angle of her gripping hand perfectly matches the rounded contour of the door handle.

I think it's her, I just don't think that the arm, opening the door, is her's from the elbow to the door handle, it looks odd and the arm looks a little big.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back