17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about?

People are wondering why a young athletic black man remained in the area when he could have been far away at that point...
?????
Does it really matter?
GZ was not LE and TM is a free man

I'm going to bed because for the life of me I cannot figure out what Dionne Warwick has to do with this case. I am sure the answer is there and I am way too out of it at 2:41 am to see it. lol.

Goodnight everyone.

Hey, I always liked that song and rotterdam gets it I'm sure.

Nope, never said that nor did I imply it. What I am saying, however, is that the timeline of 7 minutes and the location of the body opens a door of support for Zimmerman's claims of Trayvon being an aggressor. He didn't just stop running, he stopped.

The question I'm raising is why?
Perhaps Zimmerman said 'stop or Ill shoot'.
If he is really that much of a 'Cop Wannabe' as he has been described and having known several folks who fit that description it wouldnt surprise me.
Of course we can speculate forever.
I would hope a thorough investigation would clear things up but with so much idealogical turf being staked out on both sides the chances of that happening are becoming small.

Yeah, he didn't run fast enough! Or he stopped when he thought he had lost him. It's weird, but it's like looking at a horror film.

When I watch horror films, I always blame the stupid chicks who run upstairs instead of out of the front door? I mean, these chicks deserve to die because they made that simple mistake.

And in the Freddie Krugar films, when the idiot teens think they've lost him, they stop running only for Freddie to catch back up and slice and dice them? It's all their fault!

Then you sit and think... well, what would I do when I'm chased/followed/hunted down by a lunatic?

Hopefully you will have a gun.

Perhaps... but some of us are losing sight of the fact that because someone hits you does not mean they are threatening your life and you have the right to kill them!!!!. i walk away from this thread and I come back and read the posts and feel like people need to step outside it and listen to themselves! Even if they were scuffling in the grass and fistfighting.... it did NOT give the right to GZ to kill Trayvon! HOW culd the SPD even consider that self defense? TM had no weapon and they were not in the middle of the forest....Help was coming since GZ had called 911.
it all makes no sense....

Not to mention...If you get out of your car to pursue/confront someone who is just walking down the street not breaking any laws, aren't YOU the agressor?? At the very least Trayvon had the right to "stand his ground"! Trayvon Martin is the VICTIM here.

Seriously...even if GZ got his butt kicked he had no right to pull a gun and kill a person HE chased down. Let's not lose sight of the fact...None of this would have happened if GZ had just waited for police to show up! GZ acted on impulse due to a false suspicion. His bad judgment is NOT grounds for self defense! I hope he is charged...

JMHO

TM a kid, is dead. He was carrying candy and iced tea. The aggressor GZ, was carrying a loaded gun and is alive after stalking this young man. TM was scared because some guy was following him. He had good reason to be scared. Had the aggressor GZ stayed in his car and waited for police this kid would be alive.

I am back............lol
I went to check news before going to sleep found this

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/2...ter-tweet-claims-killer-trayvon-miller-lives/

An elderly Florida couple have been forced to move into a hotel after their home address was wrongly tweeted as belonging to the man who shot teen Trayvon Martin.

The tweets were traced back to a man in California and the address was also reportedly retweeted by director Spike Lee to his almost 250,000 followers.

The couple, aged 70 and 72,

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/2...ms-killer-trayvon-miller-lives/#ixzz1qOy2JKMx

WASHINGTON (AP) — In a packed forum on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, the parents of Trayvon Martin found support among members of Congress who turned the death of their 17-year-old's son into a rallying cry against racial profiling.

Martin's parents spoke briefly before a Democrats-only congressional panel as cameras clicked noisily in front of them. Many in the crowd, which filled the seats and lined the walls, strained to catch a glimpse of the parents whose son was shot and killed Feb. 26 in a Sanford, Fla. gated community.

(snip)

At a news conference following the forum, Fulton had to pause and fight back emotions before telling reporters she was looking to the congressional members for help. Asked about a a bounty issued by the Black Panthers for Zimmerman, Fulton said "we want this done peaceful. We want you to protest. We want you to rally. We want this done peaceful."

http://entertainment.verizon.com/news/read.php?id=19017667&ps=1010&cat=&cps=0&lang=en&page=2

BBM - Sorry if this has already been posted. I'm way behind.

Actually, we KNOW he was a vigilante and we KNOW he instigated the confrontation. Hell, he even defied police instructions in order to do so. He saw a black kid in a hoodie, and in his mind that was all the provacation he needed.

TM certainly did not misread GZ, he knew the guy was dangerous. He didn't know how dangerous, he didn't know his stalker had brought a gun.

Perhaps, but self defense is not something you can claim without proof -- and it is reasonable to say that someone who stalks, pursues, and confronts an innocent juvenile forfeits any right to such a claim. We teach kids to fight, to attack and kick and bite and scream, but apparently some would have us apply a different standard to teaching black kids.

These folks believe that black kids shouldn't do ANY of that stuff. Black kids should be taught that people are going to suspect them based on nothing more than the color of their skin. Black kids should be taught NOT to fight back, and if a stranger follows them they should stop immediately with their hands in plain sight, and answer any questions the stranger might demand. If they feel forced to fight, they need to be taught that they should never ever attempt to WIN.

Rights? Those are for non-black kids, and they need to know it. Black kids need to know that they don't have the right to not be followed, the right to privacy, the right to do whatever the hell they want up until the point that they break an actual law and are lawfully detained by legitimate law enforcement.

Other than reporting his racist suspicions, which everyone has the right to do, GZ never had the legal authority to do ANY of the things he did. He took that authority upon himself, and he needs to face the consequences.

In my opinion :)

I am playing catch up and this deserved more than the thanks button!

Perhaps Zimmerman said 'stop or Ill shoot'.
If he is really that much of a 'Cop Wannabe' as he has been described and having known several folks who fit that description it wouldnt surprise me.
Of course we can speculate forever.
I would hope a thorough investigation would clear things up but with so much idealogical turf being staked out on both sides the chances of that happening are becoming small.

Yes, that could very well be what happened- GZ gets closer to TM says stop or I’ll shoot, TM stops & faces GZ approaching, TM-why are you following me? GZ-what are you doing around here? GZ walking towards him, pointing gun-TM really scared, GZ grabs TM’s arm, to keep him from getting away? TM screaming NO!!!, HELP!!! (I think I also heard No in those screams) struggling desperately to pull away, maybe pulls off GZ’s red jacket exposing white t-shirt & maybe pushes/pokes GZ in face to get loose & GZ shoots, kills him one shot. TM stops screaming instantly. jmo. All jmo.

Trayvon needs justice and I hope corruption & politics don’t destroy this case, so many ‘missteps’ it seems already. jmo. :(

This is what I think happened as well....and you know what really ticks me off - the parents would have known this.

IMO - all the little boy pictures and putting out to the press that he was just a small child, screaming for his life while this horrible man shot him down like a dog. They know what happened, the police told them, in spite of the usual, "the police are telling us nothing". Bull.

I feel bad for this family, but not so bad I want to see people killed because Al Sharpton needed a cause.

good post

There was never anything to ever be convinced. Minds were made up on day #1! Nothing short of Trayvon being shot in the back will convince the ones who believe Zimmerman was justified in killing Trayvon will convince them otherwise... and even that might not be enough? I'm sure Trayvon would still be blamed.

That may be true for some, but I came to this case believing that GZ was some crazy vigilante and now I no longer do. To the best of our knowledge, TM was shot in the chest. If he had been shot in the back then GZ should have been arrested on the spot.

Also, while I believe that the law is on GZ's side and it will be a difficult case to prosecute, I don't believe GZ was justified in killing an unarmed teenager even if TM was beating him up. IMO, that's just not reasonable force. But, apparently, the law doesn't agree with me.

I saw that, but take a good look at the path of travel from the clubhouse all the way down the back sidewalk to his own back door. How could there ever be a point he thought he had "lost" the fat guy? It's 2 straight, highly visible path's of travel with one 90 degree turn a little over half way for a TOTAL distance to his door of 600' +/-.

Yet Trayvon's body was found a few short yards from this 90 degree turn having been shot 7 minutes after Zimmerman's 911 call. It doesn't take anywhere near 7 minutes for even my old azz to cover 600'.

This is why I think that TM may have walked back to Zimmerman as he headed to his car.

Also, it was dark and raining, so visibility might have been an issue for GZ or TM, or both. Unless that area is well lit at night, I'm guessing both.

Florida's law allows the use of deadly force anywhere a person feels a reasonable fear of death or serious injury and has been cited in a number of justifiable homicide cases in Florida.

There are neighbors who have gone on television, but not to the authorities, recounting what they saw.

Zimmerman was questioned in the shooting but has not been charged because, police said, they did not have evidence to contradict his account.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/28/justice/florida-teen-shooting/?hpt=us_c1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member